Carpetright UK Reviews

11PM

Tell us how Carpetright UK made you happy

12 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"Very poor customer service, I was told they would call me in one week and three months later I was still chasing them up. It took me months to save up for the carpet I wanted, poor fitting service, they didn't want to heat seal the carpet between two rooms which was arranged previously and didn't give me any explanation. Part of the carets underside was black which looked like mould and another part of the carpet looked like two carpets joined together and looks a different shade. This is my first home and I'm very disappointed in the service and quality."
Are you Carpetright UK? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"We ordered a carpet and the carpet fitter didn't show up for the time slot. There was no courtesy call or warning of any kind for this. This was highly inconvenient. However the Bath branch of the store was very helpful and even though we had to wait another week for the fitting we were given a free upgrade and a small refund for the invonvenience which we are happy with. The carpet is very nice and overall a good price."
"DO NOT USE. After a tenant damaged the carpet in my property I shopped around for quotes to get the bedroom and stairs fitted. I measured the total area, went to the Bath store, had a look around for a similar replacement and spoke to the customer advisor. Within the first minute there was a problem. The customer advisor I spoke to suddenly stopped telling me about the carpet I was looking at and walked over to the other customer advisor who was sat at a sales desk in the show room and they proceeded to have an argument. Apparently the advisor I was speaking to felt that the other advisor was staring at him. The argued about this for a minute. I shrugged this off and proceeded get a quote. I then shopped around at various local factory carpet fitters and received similar prices. We decided to go with Carpetright reasoning that a larger company will be more reliable. We were wrong. We organised a date and time for the fitter to install. My wife took the day off work meaning she lost her earnings for that day. The fitter never showed. No call, text, email, nothing. My wife then called 15 minutes before the end of the slot only to be told he wouldn’t be coming. I got this message while at work and immediately called asking for an explanation. They said the carpet had been damaged in transit and I would have to wait 2 calendar weeks for another slot. In addition to my wife’s earnings we have had to cancel viewings and lost rental income. No apology has been given, I was simply told “this happens, out T&C’s say we can only give you £25”. That £25 is only given after you pay full price and then you have to claim for it. I am very glad that I was only recarpeting a room and some stairs and now know not to use carpetright for a whole property job. Absolute shambles."
"Customer care on existant. Store manager has less integrity than a dodgy used car salesman. Completely ripped off shoddy and badly fitted flooring. Complaints have been dragged out for months still not resolved and emails to customer service department simply go unanswered. Do not use this company."
"Purchased carpet and underlay for hall, landing and stairs and the service was very good. Ray Monk was knowledgeable about his products, offered the appropriate advice and the price of the purchase was excellent. Fitter was very professional, made a very good installation and cleaned up after himself. We have used this store on three occasions in the past twelve months and always received very good service. Thank you to everyone."
Carpetright UK is rated 2.40 based on 5 reviews