CarShop Reviews

of reviewers recommend CarShop
Own Driver
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over A Week

Tell us how CarShop made you happy
got an online guaranteed price for a trade in so put the £99 deposit down phoned up to verify, the online deposit had dropped £800 canceled the car still waiting for my deposit back two weeks on buyer beware
So I bought my first ever car from here about two weeks ago. There were no problems to start with and everything was fine up until I took the car home. I got home and my car wouldn't lock. I therefore drove it straight back to the CarShop Wakefield where I left it to be sorted. The following day I received a call to say it needed a new locking mechanism and the part would be here the following day. This overall had upset me because the car was supposedly 'MOTD' the day I purchased it, so surely they would have picked up that the car doesn't lock. Anyway, the following day arrived and still no news from them. I waited from Wednesday until Saturday when I phoned up. I was not passed onto the Wakefield store and was informed the part would arrive on Monday. This is nearly a week after I brought the car back. Monday came and still no news.This time I phoned and told them I wanted a refund because I was being messed about. A member of staff told me to expect a call the next day to sort out some documents. Tuesday came and went and still no call. So on Wednesday I decided to go down to the store. I was told that nobody there could refund me because those with authorisation had gone home. I e-mailed the manager expecting a reply by Thursday. Still no reply, so myself, my mum and my dad e-mailed the CEO of the CarShop. I finally received a call on Friday to tell me my refund had been sorted out and I was met with many apologies. The level of aftercare and customer service from this business is disgusting and I shall be recommending that everyone stays clear of this place. It has totally ruined my first ever car experience and I am extremely disappointed. NEVER BUY A CAR FROM HERE!
carshop bristol outstanding customer service from jacob very helpful would highly reccomend very impressed
Awful place to buy a car , once they have your money they couldn't care less. Customer service is shocking from the after sales team never ring back when they say(thanks Natalie) and the sales guys just tell you what u want to hear to get the sale but once you collect vehicle you find out in fact the car doesn't have full history or 2 keys ect. I have also had a suspension knock coming from the car since it was collected last week thats getting worseby the day , I have taken it back to be told its only a brake pad moving about don't worry bring it back in 2 weeks. However is not a brake pad rattle its the shock absorber but what would i know ive only been a master technician and a rac patrol for the last 15 years 😀
Today I will be visiting the store to reject vehicle for a number of reasons!
I bought a Ford Focus St 03 from the Wakefield branch . Before I collected the car I was asked to leave a review on here ! . On collecting the car the said there was no spare key or owners manual which I was told there was . Several phone calls and emails later they appeared and were posted out . There was also an headlight malfunction warning light on. No problem they said take it to the Ashton branch and they will sort it. I booked a day off work for the 50 mile round trip with my daughter to bring me home and then take me back , they couldn’t fix it . They booked it into Evans halshaw at Trafford , another 50 mile round trip and another day off work . On arrival ford said car people haven’t paid there bill and they wouldn’t accept it. I drove to the Ashton branch and they booked it into Evans Halshaw at Trafford . Diagnostics done and both headlamps are faulty and need replacing along with the battery that is stopping the stop start from working . Total cost £2137. I sent the report to the Ashton Branch , sudden silence . I had one call from customer services which I missed . I have been trying for 4 days to get through and have been promised several times that they will call you back . You just get put through to a central customer service who despite being friendly can not resolve the issue . Despite this I like the car otherwise it would be parked in reception now . I initially took an extended warranty out which I cancelled immediately once I realised what company I was dealing with .
Just contacting the motor ombudsman and my union regards legal representation . What an awful shambles . The only person who has been helpful is a mad called Daniel who sorted the finance out at Wakefield .

I don’t usually write reviews , it’s a form of desperation .
3 year old low miles jag purchased at a good price. I had to run the gauntlet of the business manager trying to stuff me up with expensive add-ons

Do your homework, compare prices on auto trader and don’t fall for the high-pressure sell of insurance, service, MOt and warranty packages. It’s a con
waiting for a call,thay sed at 11an today not happy,
got a citroen dealer to check the car and for the damage to the car £2000 Pound and thats for that side

Reviews 27,545
Filter by:

Excellent 87%

Great 5%

Average
Bought BMW on 10th broke down on 20th. RAC via warranty utterly useless and they took 2 days to get car to service. Despite calls every day (5 on 24th) and daily e mails no response from Carshop.

I would give them no stars but can't. Read the one start reviews (there's plenty) then make up your mind.
I would never ever recommend anyone to buy a car from CarShop . I had to give one star but believe me if I could have given zero stars I would . We were kept in the showroom for FIVE HOURS and it was only because we had traveled many miles to see the car even putting on a holding deposit we stayed . Very pushy sales team that wouldn’t take no for an answer that we didn’t want any of their inflated price products and when one salesman failed they called in another one and it didn’t matter that we kept saying NO they just kept on ,we said “we just want to pay and go “ but still they tried to wear us down to buy their products . They refused to tax the car for us because we wouldn’t have any extras so we had to go across the road to a supermarket car park to tax it . We wanted to pay cash and the cheeky salesman asked us how we could afford cash because he wanted us to take out credit loan with them . Because we refused to pay £130 for them to prepare the car we had to take it home dirty and we even had the price cards just thrown on the back seat ,we also had to stop at a garage to put air in the tyres as the pressures were low and the warning light was on . We have bought many cars over the years but this was the worst customer service we have ever received and I would just say one word AVOID .
I bought a car from carshop Warrington in November 19 and four weeks later the clutch went,they recluntantly repaired it.
I booked my MOT back in July for September 17th knowing it ran out on the 18th,I took time of work to attended my appointment only to be told they had cancelled it with no warning, the snotty girl behind the desk said she could book me in for October?,really??,a month later so how am I supposed to use the car???
After several calls I agreed to leave the car over the weekend to get an MOT.I recieved a call the next day to say my car had failed and I would need to pay £212 to get it repaired,front pads and disc!!!.....these last at least 3years on a car not 7 month,the car has only done 6,000 miles!!!.
So in a nut shell they sold me a car with a dodgy clutch and dodgy brakes and couldn't give a monkey's about it!!
My advice STAY AWAY!!!
REALLY BAD COMPANY AND SERVICE !!!!
Bought a car last month, within 7 days he reported a fault with the radio system, was told to bring it in next week (3 weeks later) so I’ve had to put up with the radio and sat nav switching itself off on average 2-3 times per journey. Within the 7 days warranty I asked that I wouldn’t be out of pocket otherwise I would have returned the car there and then. Rang someone last week to confirm that I would have a courtesy car, they said likely but someone will ring back. No one did so rang again today to be told that I will have one of one is available?! I paid £15,000 for this car. I expect it to work or at least be compensated and not out of pocket for at the least a taxi home and back to collect the car. I asked to speak to the manager but was told I couldn’t. Absolutely disgusted. I will be demanding a courtesy car or will be returning this vehicle.
Car Shop staff are extremely reluctant to rectify a problem with my car which manifested itself as soon as we drove out of the gate. We had been promised that all issues had been resolved prior to collection. After-sales is non exisistent. Avoid at all costs.

Update - still not resolved. they didnt contact since 23 aug as said below. Its now been a month. The finance company are overloaded with complaints about them. Not good at all....

Update- 15/09/20 - still not resolved.
We went for the part exchange for our Audi car with any lower budget car. Before going there I spoke to Daniela in customer service team and made our appointment in Swindon branch carshop. We were served by Joe. He was very humilating to his own people working there and to us as well. I said to him we want to buy any lowest price car they have. We were asked, "do you want to buy 20 years old car? " To my surprise I wanted to ask him, do they sell 20 years old car there but I kept calm and explained that our circumstances changed due to covid 19. We found that he was not willing to serve us and he had very poor listening skills... Doesn't want to listen.
Before valuing our vehicle for the part exchanged, he forced us to choose their vehicle first. We were told that if the vehicle needs to be transported from other store, we have to incur the transportation charges which will be 175 pounds onwards depending upon, from where the vehicle coming from.
We went there as one of my friends recommended them. Had a horrible experience, came out in 10 minutes and will not go back there again. We will not recommend any of our family and friends to go there.
Shame, I have to give them one star in my review, they deserve nothing.
If you want a personable, efficient, listening salesman, ask for Joe.
5 star salesman.
He speedily understood what we wanted, answered all our questions, and arranged fair trade-in price.
Thanks Joe.
Purchased a car 4 weeks ago, which had serious issues the moment we left the showroom. Car is still in their garage a month later without any explanation or update as to what is going on. We were assured there was a 7 day and 30 day no obilgation return if dissatisifed. We are unable to get the car we purchased or our cash back.
Have been waiitng for an email back from the manager for 3 weeks and a call for 4 weeks.
Trading standards are involved. G
My wife and I went to look at a car at the Doncaster branch. Upon arrival we noticed the car we had come to look at was parked on the front, so we proceeded to have a look around it. The car had yellow Mark's all over it which was pointing out all the small scratches that require attention. We went into the building and the staff were great, they took our details and we told them we were interested in the car outside with yellow Mark's on. He told us to have a walk round and he would bring it in. We walked round for 20 min or so then noticed the car was now inside ready for us to view. I noticed straight away that the car no longer had the yellow markings on and according to the sales man it was ready to drive away now.
We obviously left without the car.
This company are making lots of money out of people by selling cars for top money and doing nothing to them.
Not impressed
could I would give them 0 stars
If I could I would give them 0 stars. People should avoid this place. I just got my car back from service for which I paid plus extra for brake fluid. After receiving my car it turned out the oil or fluid were not changed. Paul Stamer kept telling us it was complete even though the mechanic himself said the job was not complete. The oil here was the exact same shade of black as before the service and the brake fluid was not changed which is very shocking as it could lead to a fatal car crash. I advise everyone checking the work carshop has done and do not listen to their lies.
Stay away from the Doncaster branch! We bought a discovery v6 from them 2 years ago and had nothing but trouble with it, we had it 2 weeks when I kept saying to my husband I can smell smoke in the car, we took the car back, they had it 6 weeks to fix it! And in that time kept saying it was the exhaust yet the engine management light kept coming on and coolant light! They said it was fixed, yet the coolant light still kept coming on when we got it back, we told them this and they said it was fine, 1 year later my head gasket has gone and it’s because the coolant has been leaking into the engine! So the problem wasn’t fixed! Will never ever buy from Them again! Act all nice when your buying a car but absolute nightmare when they sell you a broken car! Customer service is shocking!
Complete waste of time. Told cars are brought upto showroom standard. Scratches on almost every panel and broken grill etc. Battery problems, brakes didn't work properly, strange noises and pulled to the left.
Bad attitude when complaining and basically told to buy a car from somewhere else if not happy with their standards.
Its.
114 point check says car is all OK, when it obviously isn't. Dangerous cars and unprofessional customer service.

Mercedes WF63DLN