christys-hats-com Reviews

of reviewers recommend christys-hats-com

01993770736

16 Princes Arcade

Tell us how christys-hats-com made you happy
Last Order I'll Make. Beware of Christy's Tax Scam! Please be aware if ordering from the EU that you will now have to pay import taxes. At no point is this mentioned during the online purchase process. Not even at the checkout point. I now have an import tax bill of 49 Euro's to pay for 2 caps. When I called to query this, I was told that this was 'clearly stated' on the website. It is not. At the very bottom of the home page there is a link (in small print, obviously) for information on Delivery and Returns (which one would assume would contain information regarding the delivery and returning of items and not info on import charges). When making any other purchases from outside the EU, it has always been clearly stated during the order process, whether customs/import taxes are applicable and whether or not they are the responsibility of the buyer or the seller. This is a blatant scam to retain customers in the EU. If I'd known that I'd have to pay import charges, I would not have ordered. At the very least, if Christys' are so desperate to hold onto their clients in the EU (I had used them several times in the past but never again), the details of this should be laid out under a heading such as 'Tax and Import Charges', rather than 'Delivery and Returns', as is the case at present. This is beyond misleading and bordering on fraudulent. Contacting customer service was a complete waste of time, as I was constantly talked over by what sounded like a broken robot, which kept repeating the phrase 'this is clearly stated on our website'. Again, it is not clearly stated; The mis-information is under a misleading heading and even then does not commit to telling the buyer that they will pay import taxes. Only purchase (the now made in China hats, with a Christy's label as misdirection) if you're willing to pay the same amount in tax as you already did for the goods ordered.
Christys' Hats offer great selection for excellent prices. I'm a Canadian and we have no hat suppliers left like Christys' Hats. I've been a customer for several years. The fedoras are all made in the UK and show excellent British craftsmanship. Customer service is very good. This company promptly answers emails. Live chat is also available and I've used it. The staff are knowledgeable about their products. Shipping is good. The hat boxes are excellent.
I thought I would replace my 20year old Christy's cap. I found one similar but when delivered it was thin of poor quality and MADE IN CHINA. The website should state we no longer manufacture and are basically an internet retailer with a warehouse in Witney. Christy's have long gone in mergers and acquisitions but are trading on the name, which should change to Christy's of Shanghai. Such a shame. I bought a greatly superior Harris Tweed cap from elsewhere. Christy's were prompt on delivery and returns.
A supposedly fine English product whose manufacture Outsourced to..... You've guessed it China. Totally Disgusting.
My wool cap came with a tag which read “ Christy’s London was established by Miller Christy in 1773 and has been manufacturing fine hats in England ever since “ The cap bore a label which states “ Made in China “ Cap made of cheap thin fabric.
Terrible service. My hat was rolled up in a cheap thin bagged and mailed. You’d never realise the cost. Terrible. It was almost a joke when it came and landed at my desk at work. Shocking. Will avoid in future.
I’m jaw smacked. I ordered a £50 hate from this store and it was rolled up in a grey thing plastic bag and shipped to me as if worth £10 off amazon. Will never shop here again! Terrible
A beautiful Hat and great customer service too . You can actually speak to a real human being instead of an extremely annoying machine ! I have several quality christys hats already and I will definitely be back for more . I fact I have my eye on a couple at this very moment .
I am very enjoy your service.
Excellent service in store in Princes Arcade.
I love you service but please update process on time.
I have placed approximately half a dozen orders, and, until my latest, have found their service excellent; products are always very well packaged and delivery timescales, even for made to order hats, has been good. However, they have a glitch with their automated e mail system; having received two e mails confirming an online order, I then was sent a third asking if I needed help to complete the order. Confusing! I contacted customer services who confirmed the order was complete, but they seemingly failed to grasp the implications of the 3rd email...
Exelent personal service from Christys.
Top Quality Panama!
Very elegant model. Quality finish.Stylish.
By far my favourite hat makers, unfortunately I only have the one head, but many fine hats.
Sevice and quality is outstanding
Excellent products and service. Will be back for more hats in future.
High quality hats, won’t wear anything else but!
Very stylish and lots of character.
christys-hats-com is rated 4.49 based on 268 reviews