Churchill car insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Churchill car insurance

Tell us how Churchill car insurance made you happy
The Price was right. I was surprised that having a Dash Cam didn't entitle me to a discount on the price of my Policy the guy taking my call asked me the cost of the Dash Cam and I thought he was going to increase the cost because I had one.
I've been with Churchill Car insurance for the last 2 years. I am switching nor for a cheaper one. I've had a good service from Churchill. The only thing that bothers me is the automatic renewal that can only be cancelled by phone and for which Churchill doesn't provide any acknowledgment in writing (no email, no letter to confirm that the cancellation request was recorded).
Churchill Car I have used and upgraded to EU cover, unfortunately they as a matter of policy dispatch documents by post, and when asked are reluctant to send email papers. This has proven a major headache with my recent insurance needs. A house move and travel overseas has shown Churchill to lag behind in service standards. Companies need to come up to date with modern methods and where issues exist around green card etc, they should be fast and proactive offering good solutions.
It was easy to use the on line quotation service and purchase the insurance
Very easy to deal with. I'm also very pleased with the customer service I have recieved from Churchill car insurance. I would recommend Churchill car insurance to all friends family and colleagues.
Very good but got a better offer this year
Sid was amazing when I called him up regarding my confused.com quote he's a top man and really helped me out. Thank you sid
It was quite cheaper and fast track to set up a policy. Thanks
Easy to follow ,great quote, money in the bank ,great experience
Handy when you need to talk to them
Very good deal and price for me and so negotiable around payment time which suits me, very good company to insure with
They keep you up to date with any information that you need! Couldn’t say a bad word about this company! Very good to young drivers
Far too complicated having to enter information 5 or 6 times yet they still could not tell me if my car was covered. Absolutely shocking service
Rang to to confirm a car insurance quote through confused.com, they were really helpful and informative very friendly and a quick service. I know i wont have any issues if I need to contact them again.
no problems
very helpful got me a very cheap price on my renewal for car insurance beating all other quotes.
Had to cancel car insurance as I bought a van they could not insure it so they agreed to full refund of remaining part of unused cover. Very helpful indeed. Well done Churchill, I wish I could have stayed,
Shocking when it came to making a claim. I had an accident with a vehicle from the emergency services that had gone though a red light. We could not avoid their vehicle. We had a witness and the emergency service themselves were excellent and they admitted liability. This didn't stop Churchill though. They ignored the proof of fault letter I received from the emergency service. They ignored witness statements. They ignored acceptance of blame by the emergency service own insurers and went ahead with a knock for knock settlement. This caused my premium to rise. After much complaining they eventually relented and restored my full no claims which isn't great since they had already received a payout from the emergency services' insurer. I took out legal expense protection. The company used by Churchill (which is owned by Direct Line Group) took 9 months to take the third party insurers to court. This was made worse because Churchill had written to third party insurers accepting liability. This was AFTER they (Churchill) had been paid by the third party insurers!!! Understandably, the third party insurance company did not want to pay my claim. It took about 8 phone calls (one to the police!!!!), many e-mails and threads of ombudsman to get this settled correctly. They are quite cheap but insurance is pointless if the insurers won't fight their own case. Their claim to find you a replacement car is nonsense incidentally. They refer you to a car retailer who tells you to find a car. When YOU have found one Churchill pays them. They will not actually replace your car for you. If a similar cannot be found you then have to buy a car from this dealer or contact Churchill to get the money paid to you. This takes ages.
Hidden charges when changing detail of address. I had paid off my car insurance in full yet, because I was going to struggle to pay the hidden charge, they threatened to cancel my insurance unless paid straight away.
Unfortunately Churchill were unable to match a quote I purchased through confused.com but were very pleasant when I phoned them to cancel my car insurance
Churchill car insurance is rated 4.00 based on 30 reviews