Churchill car insurance Reviews

64% of reviewers recommend Churchill car insurance

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Churchill car insurance?

Tell us how Churchill car insurance made you happy

Telephone
"Had to cancel car insurance as I bought a van they could not insure it so they agreed to full refund of remaining part of unused cover. Very helpful indeed. Well done Churchill, I wish I could have stayed,"
Are you Churchill car insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Shocking when it came to making a claim. I had an accident with a vehicle from the emergency services that had gone though a red light. We could not avoid their vehicle. We had a witness and the emergency service themselves were excellent and they admitted liability. This didn't stop Churchill though. They ignored the proof of fault letter I received from the emergency service. They ignored witness statements. They ignored acceptance of blame by the emergency service own insurers and went ahead with a knock for knock settlement. This caused my premium to rise. After much complaining they eventually relented and restored my full no claims which isn't great since they had already received a payout from the emergency services' insurer. I took out legal expense protection. The company used by Churchill (which is owned by Direct Line Group) took 9 months to take the third party insurers to court. This was made worse because Churchill had written to third party insurers accepting liability. This was AFTER they (Churchill) had been paid by the third party insurers!!! Understandably, the third party insurance company did not want to pay my claim. It took about 8 phone calls (one to the police!!!!), many e-mails and threads of ombudsman to get this settled correctly. They are quite cheap but insurance is pointless if the insurers won't fight their own case. Their claim to find you a replacement car is nonsense incidentally. They refer you to a car retailer who tells you to find a car. When YOU have found one Churchill pays them. They will not actually replace your car for you. If a similar cannot be found you then have to buy a car from this dealer or contact Churchill to get the money paid to you. This takes ages."
"Hidden charges when changing detail of address. I had paid off my car insurance in full yet, because I was going to struggle to pay the hidden charge, they threatened to cancel my insurance unless paid straight away."
"Unfortunately Churchill were unable to match a quote I purchased through confused.com but were very pleasant when I phoned them to cancel my car insurance"
"Saved £100 on car insurance"
"Easy to use and well explained"
"Having been recommended Churchill by colleagues and having had good experience with their sister companies like Direct Line which are underwritten by UK Insurnace too, I decided to give them a go about a year ago now for my car insurnace. I got a cheap deal with them and the service at the time of taking out the policy seemed decent. There were enough negative reviews on here and elsewhere to warn me in advance of their poor and questionable attitude towards their customers once the policy had been bought. Despite that, I took a policy out on monthly payments. Made 6+ succesful timely payments. However, there were two bereavements in the family, two very close individuals to me leaving me alone after that incident. I found really hard to cope and was under severe depression and tried self-harm. I am not trying to seek votes of sympathy here however only trying to justify my state of mind after the incident. I was therefore put under observation and was treated for these issues. In the meantime, I missed a payment towards my policy and they wrote letters to me chasing this up. I had no access to these as I was moved to a safe haven for mental health patients where I could be treated. Upon my return after 2 months and still being treated for it and still under observation. I found they had cancelled my policy, they claimed to get in touch via letters and phone which I had access to and had no opportunity to let them know beforehand about my circumstances. Anyways, long story short now, I tried making the missed payment but they had blocked my online access and are not willing to reinstate my policy as they do not have any procedures in place for instances like these where customer's personal circumstances could be taken into account especially mitigating ones as mine. This is to indicate that if they do not respect and have empathy towards something so sincerely severe happening with their customers, are they really doing thier bit if corporate responsibility or even humanity in general? One missed payment that I am willing to pay yet I get asked to send in proofs of my mental health and its cause, I am happy to provide them but NHS have said they will take 30 days at least to draft that sort of proof which they want. However, they are not willing to insure me until them meaning either I drive uninsured car which I won't, get another policy with them or leave them with my money I have paid towards deposit and not get a no claims ceritifcate, get a negative impression on my insurnace history and find another insurer. Basically, none of the options one would practically want to go for except letting them win this and their sadist ideology. It has only cause me further distress and made me feel just as worse as I were two months ago."
"Was shopping round to find best car insurance but the website was not as clear as it should have been and the final offer was not great. I’m sure it is better for older drivers."
"Very helpful staff on telephone who gave clear answers to my questions. Chose cover with this Company."
"The customer service is awful they tell misleading info to customers"
"Wonderful service and easy to use. I received free legal protection with my car insurance policy. Would recommend."
"Craig Topley was a helpful, understanding & knowledgeable chap - great quote & great service!"
Churchill car insurance is rated 3.71 based on 14 reviews