Clear Business Reviews

of reviewers recommend Clear Business

Tell us how Clear Business made you happy
Over the last 12 months they have overcharged me, imposed debt management fees for no reason, charged me for their failure to collect a direct debit, told me misleading information, said they had called when they hadn't, said they will call back at a specific time and didn't, failed to book an engineers appointment when they told me they had done and provided me with invoices that don't make sense. I could go on more - I really have never been treated like this before.
Good customer service ends once the contract is signed. I totally agree with the other negative reviews on this company. The advice on direct debits is really worth following. Don't believe any false promises as they are just that FALSE. I have been repeated overcharges and had bills which quite frankly even they couldn't understand. The worse bit is the customer service I have had repeated promises from them telling me they will call you back and they don't. One promise was a return call in 10 minutes, it took 9 days, which wasn't bad as for most the return calls has never happen. Best advice I could give anyone considering this company is goes to anyone, but Clear Business. As I write this review I have been on hold for the past 46 minutes and still holding. There vision statement is "You're Our Priority" - DO NOT BELIEVE IT, YOU ARE THE LAST PRIORITY! My contract is up in October and believe you me that day isn't coming quick enough.
Appalling company. Do NOT use them. We sold our house and B&B business, and every utility company we used...water, gas, internet, electric was fine...but Clear Business... boy oh boy...charged us £500.00 to close down the phone line contract. After several weeks we are still battling with them.
Terrible customer service, high prices. Do not, whatever you do, use this company. RIP off merchants!
If I could give them no stars at all, I would.
RIP off company. Agreed a price with them then was asked just to sign an email and return. First bill was more than double the verbal agreement. All they can say is you signed and that's that we're not doing anything about it. Avoid at all cost dont get corned like me
Have dealt with this company for water for two businesses for over three years now - total pain. Both businesses have been closed since 15th March due to covid - am still getting bills based on regular average usage despite the water meter reads not changing and those being supplied to them every month by both telephone and the customer portal. Have notified them separately that the businesses are closed and no water is being used. Keep being told 'it's probably standing charges' - funny how they seem to equate to an average months regular usage and the readings used on the invoices are not accurate. Also our contracts were automatically renewed at the end of March - no prior notfication received from Clear Business - no communication whatsoever. It is a constant battle to get an answer from them that makes any sense - we have been billed almost £1500.00 for water for the 4 months that our premises have been closed. Am now being threatened with legal action over the last bill I queried with them. Their sales team are aggressive, constantly phoning and trying to sell you other products. Have requested repeatedly that they not cold call - to no avail. Shockingly bad customer service and impossible to speak to anyone with authority. If you are a business and considering using them for services, I would avoid this company at all cost - it's simply not worth the hassle.
Just awful, will screw you at every opportunity, we are closed due to Covid, refusing to freeze payment for services we cannot use, added extra charges! This is probably one of the most corrupt companies I have ever had to deal with. Tried to cancel my contract and they are going to charge us now over £400 cancellation fees.
I’ve got 4 accounts with clear business and won’t be renewing any of them. I find their customer service shocking
Whatever you do, do not give this company direct debit
I made the huge mistake of signing up with Clear business for internet and for phone lines. The internet speed was atrocious after being promised it would be faster and cheaper. The stress alone for these months was a huge cost to me and my mental health, I work from home and it was literally quicker to put files onto a memory stick and drive them to a client than to send them over email or WeTransfer.
I put up with this for a few months and listened to endless excuses, They sent an engineer out and the guy assured me there would be no cost to the visit as he had found an issue and hopefully the service would be improved. The service was just as awful and I spent so many wasted hours calling to find out why I still had no connection. Many, many trips visiting the library computers to send files rather than bother even trying from home. I decided enough was enough and said I wanted to leave, they admitted the service had been appalling and said there would be no cancellation charge for leaving broadband. They then took around £360 out of my account for the engineers visit, eventually admitting this was twice what a visit would usually cost anyway. I cancelled my direct debit after this as I realised they cannot be trusted and after seeing others on here it seems they do dip into accounts and take what they want quite often.
I kept the phone line as I barely use it and let the amount they robbed from me pay it off over the past few months. I have just received another bill for £65 for April alone! Stay well clear of Clear business, literally any other service is better and definitely do not sign up for direct debit payments with them.
The worst company I have ever dealt with,
1) The phone line, They promised to cover the cost of leaving the old provider but lied, cost me £400.
2) The Phoneline was so bad that I have to use my mobile to run my business as the internet was un-usable, complained for over 6 months and then said the modem was faulty but was 2 weeks out of warranty so I needed to pay for a new one.
3) Had a gas bill for £5500, they told me it was a problem with their system and to ignore the bill, I then receive a bill for non-payment, and a bill for £1400 for 1-month gas, always paid about £40 before this.
4) they have just taken £4350 out of my bank account, I now have no money left to keep the business running. I will probably lose my business due to these.
Even if you are with this company already you should just leave and pay the cancelation fee before they take all your money.
Horrible company
great company, with good prices. service after has been brilliant too.
Horrible rip off company! Biggest mistake going with them. Very rude when you call up and speak to customer service, no one knows what they are doing. Stay away everyone!!!!
Fabulous service
I joined Clear business phone and broadband service in May 2018 and bitterly regret that decision.
They charged more for their services than they initially agreed. Their broadband service is awful and often did not work. They charged me approx £100 for a line between a telegraph pole and my home to be fixed. When I tried to leave they charged exorbitant exit fees £500 and £60 for router.
Do not join Clear business.
Clear Business is rated 1.57 based on 14 reviews