ergplumbing.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend ergplumbing.co.uk
Telephone

Tell us how ergplumbing.co.uk made you happy
CON ARTISTS. Charged £60 call out, sent two complete tools round, 2hrs late, didn't fix the issue, actually called the boiler company to diagnose the fault, even though the fault light was on, didn't offer to fix it, said get boiler company to, took front off, did nothing, in the house for less than 30mins... Charged £192 all in, FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, the two "engineers" couldn't even make eye contact when they took my money. JOKE - DO NOT USE.
I was conned £150 after being told if a job took less than an hour it would be less. It was closing off some wires from an old smoke alarm, the electrian was here for about 10 minutes. They 'listened back to the call' and said it was never said but their word against mine. Also the electrician rang me in the morning to say he would arrive at half 4, but turned up at 2, when I was not home. Awful service. Customer service didn't care, still charged £150 for a 10 minute job.
My Dad has Alzheimer’s & I’m working full time in this difficult time for everyone & unable to visit due to lockdown I had hardly any info except what my Dad had told me his toilet blocked & no hot water ERG immediately had engineers out & handled everything amazingly very grateful can’t recommend them enough
Do not use please go to trusted trades, they ripped my mother off she was needing emergency, plumber attended was lovely, but then her debit card was charged over the odds with no warning was disgusted as still in disputed, do not use them.
Told cost would be £145 for half hour.
Contractor sent, fixed problem in half an hour. No parts needed but charged £174.
Will never use them again
You have done a rubbish service, came one day late as booked, charged £150 for a few minutes job, told us it will last for at least couple of years or months, but in fact the water tape starts leaking in one day again, called back to ask for refund, all staffs told me they have no management team to deal, and no response, no refund. It is absolutely a cheating!
Absolute rip off merchants.

Requested urgent plumber to change overflow on cloakroom toilet. Engineer turned up with no supplies, sent ME to Screwfix to get the part, then had the audacity to charge me for 2 hours work to do a 10 minute job. No paperwork to sign. Thankfully I have CCTV so can evidence his lies. I am now on my third phone call over 4 days to try and resolve this, I have currently spent nearly an hour on the phone being placed on hold or getting fobbed off stating that they are waiting for signed paperwork - made out to be that I was lying, however I know full well that I didnt sign ANY paperwork and will be going straight to the police if any is produced ! Spoke to the rudest manager called Tania / Tonia who is in 'customer service' absolutely disgusted at her 'customer service', shouting down at me on the phone - she said they have 'procedures' incidentally she failed to mention these procedures when I spoke to her several days ago, nor did Claire when I spoke to her on the previous two occasions, surprisingly I havent had any of the promised phone calls returned. Note that they are happy to invoice without being in receipt of any paperwork from the engineers so be warned !!

Absolutely disgraceful !! AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
AVOID!!! AVOID!!! AVOID!!! LIKE A PLAGUE!!! LIKE A PLAGUE!!! LIKE A PLAGUE!!! Their so-called 'engineers' aren't vetted. The plumber turned up 5 hours later at 10pm dressed like a rockstar no kidding!! He didn't stop the leak as required, I stayed awake all night trying to stop a flood so I refused to pay. Eventually I agreed to pay £117 instead of 165+VAT. A proper plumber sorted the leak out for only £100. Oh by the way, they aren't 24/7 as advertised...except they can explain not taking my calls until after 9pm the next morning. Stay away.
If you paid by debit/credit card or Paypal you may be able to get refund. I’ve been fully refunded!
I was told payment £150 incl fallout & repair (of 23yr old boiler) engineer didn’t call same day as promised. Instead 2 days later & engineer said he’d have to order new parts & erg then advising I’d need to pay more. I refused & kept requesting they listen to my 1st call with them. They promised they would & get back to me. But never did!!!
Since had new boiler fitted by local government scheme who upon their call out to me condemned the boiler for H&S reasons.
Total Rip off company had a leak in bathroom called company as was first on google was told CALL OUT CHARGE was £185 + VAT I thought bit excessive but water everywhere in bathroom , Plumber finally arrived nearly 2 hours later had look at pipe said he did not have parts on van then left to go to screwfix came back cut 15cm of 22mm copper pipe and installed as this company takes your card details before they send out a plumber you don’t know exactly how much bill will be plumber was on site less than an hour they took almost £700 off my card for a job that would normally cost around £150 called office to complain past from piller to post then got told they do not do a call out fee you are paying £185 + vat per hour plumber said and lied he was on site for 3 hours received email to say basically tuff luck Please please please never use this company they are ripping everyone off ☹️☹️☹️
I would suggests avoiding the rip off of a company. I have call them and told the exactly what was wrong with my boiler following error code as per boiler manual booklet. Thay still decided send me a diagnostics engineer who only lasted in my premises just to confirm what i have already told them they still.decided that cost me £200 and if i need to get the job done the following day that would cost me an extre >£600. I therefore would recommend avoiding them at all unless you wish to pay £200 for 15mins diagnostics.
I was quoted an hourly rate of £165 + VAT, already excessive but was then charged for 2 hrs work when plumber only present for 40 mins. Company did not give name so unaware of who I was dealing with until payment taken from credit card. Attempts to complain have been blanked.
Utter robbers . Please avoid company at all costs . There was an error E133 on the boiler and hence called the same . Charged £198 to look into it and the problem came up again the next day. The plumber just opened and shut the boiler . Utter waste of time and money . Issue was not fixed and took the money . On calling after the issue reoccurred no one picks the call. Do not be duped . Avoid company at all costs
Took two payments out of my account. Without my permission. Would never give a old review. Frigging done big time
Called ERG Plumbing on a Friday told them my toilet needed fixing with a new coupling bracket and inlet valve, engineer turned up before 6pm as promised, without ANY of the parts, capped off the toilet, (turned the screw on the isolation valve) said he would be back on Sunday with the parts. By the following Friday, after several no shows by the 'engineer' and several days off work I cancelled the job as I was going on holiday for 2 weeks.
Still trying to charge me £125 - £150 (depends which agent you get on the phone)
Basically, avoid this company, it's a scam. They insist on debit card details to book an appointment, then charge a call out fee with no intention of doing any follow through work.
ERG is a money grabbing call centre, that GOOGLE should be ashamed to be promoting
Do not use this Company. Just look for what you want yourself on trust pilot or check a trade.
Do not give ERG your bank details.
They charge more than double the proper price.
They will not come when they say.
They do not do anything about customer complaints.
AVOID
Avoid at all costs.
These people are fraudsters.
They promise the earth.
Take your bank details - big mistake.
They don’t turn up when agreed.
They take the money anyway.
And they don’t care.
AVOID !
Please do not use this company and do not provide them with your bank details!!! Absolutely fraudsters!!! Engineers have no idea as to what they are doing, if you can call them engineers. Take your bank details to book an appointment and then charge you 150 pounds for doing absolutely nothing. Quoted over 700 pounds for the work got it all completed less than 200 pounds. FRAUDSTERS picking on vulnerable individuals!!!
Terrible fraudsters, don't use them! Paid £179 for them to come around and fix the issue. They left saying it was unfixable. We then had our gas engineer come around and fixed it in 20 minutes with no parts needed.
Waited nearly 2 hours (promised 30-90mins) for a plumber who turned up without his tools & would’ve taken another hour to go home & collect them & left in a huff when we asked what good he was without his tools?
Waste of time