First Utility Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Utility
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over A Week

Tell us how First Utility made you happy
Demanding payment after all payments made. They gave me a refund which I thought was for overpayment now their demanding money again inspite of not being with them for over 16months. I have paid the bill why do I have to pay again because of their mistake? The computer is only as good as the person who inputs the information. Has that person been reprimanded? Shouldn't think so. Stop hounding me for your mistake
My issue is identical to review entitled "Avoid, avoid avoid". Initially First Utility, this problem has been dragging on for 6 years!!! Estimated bills for empty flat, no gas used, minimal electricity for brief lighting and power tools. 6 years of misery with debt collection companies despite my attempts to sort it out. Sent them copies if the estimated bills and correct meter readings. Utterly incompetent. This whole industry seems impenetrable to communicate with. Absolutely dreadful experience which is still ongoing.
My issue is identical to the previous post "Avoid, avoid, avoid" . However it has been dragging on for 6 years since the company was First Utility!!! Estimated bills for empty flat, gas turned off, minimal electricity for lighting and power tools. 6 years of misery, debt collection companies despite my attempts to sort it with sending them the copies of their estimated bills. Absolutely dreadful.
Shell energy are absolutely awful. Their estimates are ridiculous and they find ways of putting you in debt for estimated bills you don't owe. They shout at you on the phone and have zero understanding of their own pricing system. Hands down worst utility supplier I have ever encountered
49 days later still chasing a hefty refund for estimated readings. We use 5,000 kwh not 16,000kwh -Shell refuse to lower monthly bill. EON have waded in with revised final bill - but Shell refuse to recognise this. Customer service teams Default reply is " we are doing everything we can " !
now shell energy! absolutely horrendous company that does nothing but lie to its customers, though they call the lies "mistakes"! well, i have 3.5 hours of phone calls of their mistakes, and am currently with the ombudsman, and then i will go to trading standards! the CEO is colin crooks, i'll just leave that there!
Dreadful company. Big jumps in DD payments. Terrible APP that’s always got faults. Nightmare with fitting smart meters that don’t work. Usage gone up since new meters fitted. Can’t wait till tariff ends so I can go elsewhere. Customer service non existent. AVOID !!!
AVOID......AVOID......AVOID.
I took over a house and these incompetents were the Energy suppliers.
I've told them the house is empty. I've told them that the gas is not connected. Apart from the odd power tool or light bulb, nothing is being used!! That doesn't stop them sending massive estimated bills.
If you have the nerve to be ill or be away on the day they want your meter reading(5th of each month)then they immediately send an estimated bill. They have caused me so much anxiety. I started an official complaint. They sent me standard email after email, then asked if they could now "close" the complaint. I realised I was wasting my time, so I said 'yes'. The day after I got an email saying that my bill has now been handed over to Debt Collection!.....even though they now have actual readings.
You cannot get through on the phone.....PLEASE AVOID FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. DONT SAY YOU WERENT WARNED.
The technical support is extremely poor. Be a customer for 5 months and STILL have no reliable broadband. The signal keeps dropping out and the technical support suggested it was my living room lighting!!!
Please do not take a contract with these people
NB have contacted the Ombudsman re their "service"
Whatever you do, DO NOT join this service. If I could give them 0 stars, I would. They charge you a ridiculous amount and as a student I cannot afford it. Whenever I have tried to contact them about something they have been extremely rude and unprofessional. They are liars and thieves.
Avoid Shell Energy; These cowboys deserve zero rating. I am now having to pay a large disputed bill otherwise my credit rating will be destroyed.
I'm unable to get a meter reading accepted and have had a complaint with them for 2 years on this. I rang and changed tariff in oct 19 and guess what, the change wasn't made. Very poor now changed back to my original supplier. Expecting a ding song when my final bill comes in! Dont go near them.
Lucky to get 1 star. Absolutely useless. Gave them our annual consumption in fuel and quoted us a monthly fee, Signed up with them and after 3 months informed us that we needed to increase our monthly fee by 113%. Couldn't leave so had to stick with it, when our contract expired and we wanted to leave I've asked for a final bill 6 times so that i can pay it and it still hasn't arrived, this despite the promises that it's been sent. PLEASE DONT BOTHER
very bad company dont join them please you will regret for the rest of your life.
Since shell took over first utility it as gone down hill. You can never get through to them on the phone I was trying for 35 to 50 minutes each time so I gave up. The energy prices just seem to jump up. I will be looking to leave when my contract is up. For a big company it's shocking.
😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈I left one star, not for the shop, not for the people working there actually they do an amazing good job, well done πŸ˜‰.
Unfortunately the Manager, didn't know that, the broadband from "SHELL"
is NOT working having lost £130 for stopping the service after few days.
I raccomande him to check
SHELL BROADBAND REVIEWS
I'm sure he will be much more helpful next time
GET AWAY Shell broadband
Customer service is terrible been trying 2 phone 4 ages.and kept on hold usually for 30 to 40 minutes. And end up having to hang up.glad my contact is nearing end .coz I will b leaving them.
shocking service
I am currently Shell Energy customer (won’t be long before I switch) I have find out that our gas bill is 3 times higher than what it should be, queried this in July last year and still waiting to resolve this issue. Just spent an hour and 40 mins with them on the phone, they took 50 mins just to answer phone??? Shocking service
Switched to Shell because they advertised cheaper fuel rates. Was initially billed £78 a month but this soon went up to £110. Since joining I have never been able to log into my account. Despite many emails over many months it was still not resolved. Trying to phone and talk to someone is a nightmare. Every button on the website always takes you back to the 'live chat' virtual assistant. When the questions get too hard for it, it tells you to log into your account!! I eventually put a complaint in.
Low and behold, I received a few emails stating they were dealing with the case, followed promptly by one which said the complain was now resolved so now closed. I still could not log into my account. I was now back to square one again with the emails and trying to talk to someone.
I have now cancelled my DD, lets see how fast it is before someone now rings me
I will never use this company again!
I had a door to door sales man from shell, after looking at my smart meter said I could save £20 a month, as i was currently paying £85, i agreed n signed up only to find out after a friend said it was impossible looking at my units or what ever they are, rang to complain n they agreed it should of been £85 a month, am now going through ombudsman n just received my first month bill £120 !! What a scam of a company with no morals, they should be a shamed of themselves!! And i totally agree with the previous ladies comments about the trust pilot reviews, staff clearly writing those !!!
First Utility is rated 1.24 based on 94 reviews