Paws and Claws Reviews

of reviewers recommend Paws and Claws
2.7
Based on 89 reviews

Tell us how Paws and Claws made you happy
Absolutely dreadful company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS PawsnClaws will employ every dirty trick in the book to avoid paying out. Resending correspondence and then claiming they didn't receive it, constantly waiting for 'updates' from vets, despite the fact I sat and listened to the vet give them everything they need. Even had the cheek to hang up on me when I asked them what had happened tO my claim that I had submitted 3 months prior! USUAL DIRTY CHEAP TRICKS TO NOT PAY OUT. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Tried to insure my cat. Their website was really difficult to negotiate and I managed to pick the wrong cover. Informed them I would have to cancel and they charged me £30 for the privilege. They could have offered to upgrade the policy to one that suited me but they were quite rude so in a way I think it was a lucky escape and I will be looking elsewhere
If I could I would give this company zero stars. They are very quick to offer a low insurance cost to hook the customer but seem to have a policy of either delaying settling in the hope customers will give up or not settling a claim at all. I submitted a claim for less than £100 over five months ago. Since then I've been fobbed off with excuse after excuse. I would advise anyone to go elsewhere even if the policy cost is a bit higher as if you are unfortunate enough to have to make a claim you will struggle to get settlement.
I wouldn't insure with these when I needed to claim for my dogs ligament damage I was insured for £2500.00 a year when it came to it they said I would only be paid £1000.00 ,scam very rude and very unprofessional . Cancelled straight away.
We insured our red fox Labrador with them fully comp . He hurt himself while playing with his brother in a play fighting so this involved x-ray medicine vets fees and the rest quess what this terrible insurance company says its not a accident and refused to pay over £900 in vet fees complete rip off have told kennel club not to advertise them am also telling local vets to warn customers to be aware that they wont pay
Yet again I submitted a claim and the claim form is returned on a technicality so I have to post it off again. After three weeks I phone the claims line to ask what is happening - I have not received any response following the claim. I'm told that they need more information - why wasn't I informed?? Oh sorry we have the information we will endeavor to push the claim through. I then get an email to say that the claim has gone for assessment but they have noticed that my dog has put on weight so they will need to increase the premium! Call them back and ask what is going on - apparently are going to back-date the additional premium to the beginning of the policy renewal, bit cheeky as they've only just noticed? Best bit to come - dog weighs over 20KG (just) so premium is more than doubling!!!!! How can that be. And I'm still waiting for information on the claim I have made. Person I spoke to the second time said of course I have the option to cancel - GREAT except I would then have a very costly pre-existing condition. Very fed up with Paws & Claws.
lie constantly about not receiving claim ,after faxing post by myself and the vet
If I could rate this as zero I would - do not use this "insurance" company Not only do the pretend not to receive correspondence (despite putting a read receipt on the 4th email), they will come up with any excuse under the sun not to pay out. Refusal to pay for tests as lead to diagnosis of cancer which is not covered, however the tests, bloods and other investigation to get to this stage should have been covered.
Unfortunately I can't give zero stars!! Absolute disgrace of a company, not only did it take nearly six months to process a the claim, but they refused to pay saying was a pre existing condition! Tried to explain that the knee is a completely different joint to the hips and that the claim was to investigate what was wrong as the vet didn't know. Ws initially transferred to a different department, which the advisor puts you through to by terminating the call!!!! Needless to say I pay £25 a month for nothing as this company will always say "well it appears to be linked to her previous condition" Please save your money and don't use this company, these company's don't get rich by paying out, they will always find an excuse to weasel out of a claim!
1st thing it took 3 months to receive 1 claim for my dog. Was hang up on when rang them to ask my policy and every time I have rang them. When my policy was up for renewal I never received the emails for the renewal and the policy payment was doubled. I have had to cancel my policy because I am unable to pay the bill. Absolute joke of a company I would never use this company again.
worst company ever dealt with. refusing to pay for my dogs operation, insisting it was an existing condition, despite the fact my vet has sent several letters, emails to confirm it wasn't. they have claimed on 4 occasions the vets letters wrrent received. come on. 1 letter might get lost, not 4. having appealed the decision not to pay we were told it would take over two months for the appeal. we have now lodged a small claims court against them to get our payment. we are now receiving fake solicitors letters from them. we even got a call from them today saying we couldn't sue as 'paws and claws' does not exist. unbelievable. do not use this company.
12 year old dog now having a few problems, they paid out on one of his illness but a couple of months after needed his tail amputated, they wouldn't pay out saying vet did not disclose proper information, got vets to write letter thought that would solve the problem but had an email back saying that the dog wouldn't keep his collar on and had he done so his tail wouldn't needed to be amputated, absolute Bol....., the dog did not attempt to touch the end of his tail once, the tube/bandage kept coming off, this company is a CON MERCHANT
I put a claim form in for an operation at the beginning of September and I was told it would take up to 20 working days to sort claim out, when I. called them after 20 days I was told there was a back log and would take a few days longer. Its now the end of November and I'm still waiting!!!!
This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Takes months for them to reply to emails. Then they don't reply with the information you need. Full of excuses. I will not be using these ever again. I would never recommend them to family or friends. Quick enough to take my money but takes months for a reply. They refused to pay out on my policy and give terrible excuses! I'd never trust this company with my dogs health again! Wish I had read the reviews first!
Submitted a claim by post with all relevant documentation from vet. Have heard nothing since. Emailed them for confirmation and received no reply. Tried calling claim line and was on hold for over 20 minutes before I gave up. Will be going elsewhere in future. Utterly useless!
Absolutely useless, submitted a claim in July, now almost the end of September and they are still saying due to back log of claims it is going to be a few more weeks! - they say the same thing every time I ring - beginning to lose the will to live with this company - never again.
Not possible to contact them by mail! Not possible to contact them by phone! Not even react on contact form on their page!!! It's absolute scum - save your time and energy and get any other insurance... I'd give them 0 or negative score if there is such option!!!
Paws and Claws is a complete scam. They take your money and when you make a claim they do not pay out. Even with a letter from the Vet supporting the claim, they refused. I am going to an ombudsman. Whatever you do, do not go with this company. I reckon the positive reviews on here are all written by the company. If you go to http://www.pet-insurance-surveys.co.uk/ you will find some interesting reading.
Unfortunately, we chose this company as the price was competitive. But, as with most insurances, you only get to know how good they are when you need to make a claim. Our experience has not been a good one. Our dog has developed arthritis in her elbow. At the moment, it's not severe. We had to arrange an x-ray and some medication, resulting in a claim. The claim form was submitted at the end of April. It is now 19th July and we are still awaiting payment!! Even though over two weeks ago, we were told that the claim had been approved! They are awaiting a cheque to be authorised... despite us giving over bank details and requesting a bank transfer. I'm now told we will probably have to wait another few days for the cheque to be signed and then posted!! Please.... If you are looking for an insurer... check to see how long they take over claims. This lot say they take 10 days!!!... But in truth, it's taken nearly 80 days!!! The problem is now that we are stuck with having to renew cover with this company as we have a 'lifelong policy' and no other insurer will accept our pet and cover a pre existing condition. ALSO, the premium has just over doubled in cost from last year!!
Do not under any circumstances take out a policy with this company unless you want to throw your money away. If they can get out of paying they will. Paws and Claws are charging me for the next 7 months because i have had a claim and cancelled my policy when my dog died suddenly. It was not my fault my dog died at such an inconvenient time to the company. When I cancelled they were straight on the phone wanting to know why I had stopped the policy. When I explained my dog had died and insurance was no longer required they were right on to me that I now owe £148.98. I have a letter in my hand from Roythornes Solicitors saying if I don't pay in 7 days they will commence legal proceedings against me. Also they let me take out a Four Paw policy for which I have since found out half of it is irrelevant ie no death or loss benefits are payable for pets over 8yrs old. Please please if you are reading these reviews please go to another company for peace of mind knowing you are no going to be out of pocket at the end of the day
Paws and Claws is rated 2.7 based on 89 reviews