Paws and Claws Reviews

of reviewers recommend Paws and Claws
2.7
Based on 89 reviews

Tell us how Paws and Claws made you happy
Things were going ok during my claims for my daschund who had to have surgery for anal sac carcinoma then she sadly had to be put to sleep as she was fitting. That awful insurance paws and claws are charging me for the next 9 months because i have had a claim and cancelled. It was not my fault my poor dog was so poorly. I am planning on getting another dog and already have the reputes pet plan lined up. Don't beed by cheap premiums with small print crucifying you
Incredible how you can take out insurance with this company only to find most matters of treatment fall outside of the policy! They offered us £127 toward a £1650 bill! We are pensioners and our lovely dog died following treatment and investigations into what was wrong with him. They deducted 15% because he was over 8 years as well as the excess. Just seems they are out to try NOT to pay up. Heartbreaking for us, they just make it more painful and couldn't care less!
Very poor customer service, i was informed by email I had cancelled the direct debit for my insurance (which I hadn't) and told I would have to pay £31 and then re-start a new policy. I can only assume this is a scam for money. I tried to explain to several different people on the phone I had not cancelled my direct debit and I wanted to reinstate my policy and was met with very little empathy or understanding. Very poorly run business, I would not recommend paws and claws pet insurance at all.
Insured my dog with Paws & Claws Insurance when I tried to claim for my dog with terminal stomach cancer, they declined to pay. When I opened the policy i declared my dog had trouble with bile for a few years. They used this to get out of paying they are robbers in suits. DONT INSURE WITH THEM.If your dog dies you have to pay rest of years premiums if you claim and they take it out of your claim if uou did manage to claim AVOID THEY WONT PAY OUT
Unfortunately I have had to make a claim recently and it was immediately rejected based on the fact that the vet said that the condition was a possible infection and not an accident. I had not contact with in insurer to ask me any questions about the condition and did not see a report of what the vet wrote. I will be cancelling my policy as result of my experience and looking elsewhere.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 7 years ago