Glasses Direct Reviews

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy
Glasses Direct 5 star review on 20th February 2020
Leon Gingell
More Photos & Videos
I ordered prescription sunglasses two pairs for 22 pounds on offer on 24th June. I put my prescription on the page on my account. I got 3 emails asking for it, although it was still on. So I sent them details and took photos three times to get the order sorted out. I tried to ring and was on hold for hours. They don't answer the phone and you are charged for the call due to the tape they play. Now I just checked my order and they say it is in the lab, but they have given it a new number and doubled the price. I think they are going to say it went past the offer.....but they are not getting away with that. ...it still shows I ordered within the offer time and that the price is 22 pounds and not 42. I have been a customer for years, but if they play tricks like this I won't be a customer any more.
The whole process was very easy and once ordered I was updated regularly. The product is excellent quality and I can highly recommend Glasses Direct.
I feel sad for my mum and angry with glasses direct. We both bought glasses about 3 months ago. Mum's are varifocals and she needs them for driving, watching tv, reading etc. She's a pensioner and sadly a became a widow before Christmas so has to watch her money. When cleaning her glasses the frame broke in her hand. It cant be fixed. Glasses direct won't send a replacement pair. They want her to send them back leaving her without a pair of glasses for her to use. They're also saying that she has invalidating the warranty by trying to glue to frame together. Basically they're not going to help her out. So, rather than go back to glasses direct and give any more money, she's going to try another company. Goggles4u are looking good with excellent reviews.
Almost a month and still no glasses. Customer service was not helpful either told just to to wait as they have been dispatched, but could take a further 10 days. Was told up to 17 days as they are basic lenses but way past this. Will not use again.
I placed an order of almost £160 in mid May (2020 so with Corona I expected delays) on the 30th of May I got an email saying it was out for delivery and should arrive in 1-3 business days (again I expected corona related delays). I still hadn't received the glasses by the 14th June, so I called customer service, having waited 35 mins on hold to speak to someone I found out they do not track the deliveries with Royal mail (which is ridiculous considering prescription glasses cost a lot). I was told they would send me a lost in post form via email so they could make a new pair and send it out. When the email turned up there was no attachment. I emailed them back informing them of this and the email was sent again but was again missing the attachment. This time I contacted them via Twitter as I didnt want to wait on hold for over 30 mins again, they did send me the lost in post form this way. Thankfully the glasses did turn up on the 16th of June. Honestly I don't think I will use glasses direct again
PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN ORDERING - LOTS OF PRICES AND DEALS QUOTED ON WEBSITE, CAN BE MISLEADING AS IT IS NOT MADE CLEAR THAT THE SECOND PAIR THEY ARE OFFERING ARE ONLY SINGLE LENSES. We order from their 2 for 1 package, which offered a free second pair, plus we received a Thank you for subscribing which offered us another £33.00 off. When order received only one pair varifocals (we paid extra when ordering for the varifocal lenses). The other pair was just plain lenses and they were the wrong lenses completely, I could not even see through them !! These were returned and a new pair of varifocals was promised to replace them. Then I received an email requesting further payment for the second pair of varifocals. At no time during the purchase process did it explain that we had only order and paid for one pair of varifocals. This was not made clear on the order confirmation or on subsequent emails requesting details of our prescription and varifocal distancing etc., When I went through the purchase procedure online with each option we requested varifocal lenses for both pairs, I had no idea I was only going to receive one pair of varifocal lenses. The website needs to make this clearer to customers, I have now waited several weeks for the order to be completed only to be required to pay extra for the second varifocal lenses glasses. As a new customer I am very disappointed with my order and the demand for further payment.
Takes far to long it bin saying sent to laboratory for a week and it's stupid so I asked for a refund as takes to long and they take ages picking up the bloody phone what a waste of time and money . Avoid!
Just received my glasses great fit and look great they got my prescription perfect would definitely recommend and will be using them again.
Ordered 10 pairs of glasses over the last 5 years never had any problems. The last two pairs I got 2 months ago. One of the pairs had small scratches all over them, despite having scratch resistant covering. I returned them and was told I must have scratched them whilst cleaning and would have to pay another £40 to have them re coated with the same failed scratch resistant coating. Having worn glasses daily for over 30 years I know how to clean them and also realistic about the conditions lenses should be in after 2 months of wear! Very poor customer service. Avoid completely I know I will from now on.
Too high prices!
i wish id read the reviews before shopping with them.When my glasses eventually arrived they were the wrong prescription
Smooth going from ordering to receiving my new glasses. Ordering was so easy. Kept upto date with regular emails. I love both pairs of my glasses and very happy with the quality. I will definitely use glasses direct again 🤓
Really terrible, emails not answered, items not posted, siad they would be sent Ups no tracking no info records,terrible, really terrible
I understand we are in difficult times at the moment and working practices are far from normal - however here is my FIRST (and definitely only) interaction/experience of using them. Ordered the four glass home trial - arrived ok, no problem. Called up to order the frames i wanted - first lady took my frame order, took my prescription and then said she'd have to pass me to her colleague to make payment. The second colleague answered (sounded like she was at home half asleep!!) said she was going to turn off the recording whilst she took my payment details - put me on hold for about 4mins, came back and took my details, vaguely apologising for the delay.. Then put me on hold again to process my payment, about another 7 mins.. Came back on the phone saying that her computer was playing up and she's having a problem processing the payment, put me on hold for about another 5 minutes. When she came back to me again she said she couldn't process the payment and would transfer me to her colleague... 3 mins later another person came on the phone.. The previous person had basically dumped me into a call queue and hadn't transferred me as i had to give all of my details again to the third person i was now speaking to. I explained to him what had happened and he said he would take the payment and then he said hold on it looks like the payment has been taken, he then put me on hold for another two minutes while he looked into it.. To my horror he came back on the phone to say the person before had PROCESSED THE PAYMENT 8 TIMES!!! So my £69 pair of buy one get one free glasses were now costing me over £550.. All in all possibly the worst customer service experience i have EVER endured. Credit to the last person who was very helpful and efficient and spoke and acted in a manner like he knew what he was doing, but that aside i will definitely never order anything from this company again.

To the point of writing this review i've not received my glasses nor my refund.

The only thing i can say is - don't use them and I should Have Gone to Specsavers!!

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Excellent website. You can order your favourite frames and have them delivered to you to try for a week. You then send in your prescription details and place your order. You are sent updates every step of the way which is so useful. The delivery of my finished glasses was swift and efficient. My glasses were Rayban varifocals. Very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this company to anyone wanting reliable and efficient customer service together with excellent value for money. I love my new glasses.
Glasses are OK but not happy with misleading marketing?
They advertise the glasses coming with a really nice Timerland water bottle and this influenced my decision to buy.
No water bottle arrives and initial response is "we will send them out". One day later I get a "sorry but none left"
When I ordered there was nothing telling me that they had run out and they were still advertising the bottle. Not acceptable!
I went to my usual high street opticians to purchase a new pair of glasses as my lenses were badly scratched, I was dreading the usual £350+ bill. However I decided to give glassesdirect a go! Thankfully I did, service was amazing....customer care outstanding. I received two calls from one of there opticians in relation to my order prior to them being manufactured. They arrived today and are unbelievable!!! Quality is fab and the lenses absolutely perfect!!!! From now on I will never visit the high street opticians again. Oh and the other thing....they were less than half the price of my usual opticians and included the top spec varifocal lenses with coatings. Thank you glassesdirect, you have a new loyal customer. (Leon Gingell from Newcastle upon tyne)
Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Free home trial arrived next day, ordered 2 pairs with a great price on thin lenses, they arrived 5 days later. Perfect and was very impressed with the call I got from an optician to check my details.

You don’t get that from other online glasses retailers, tried one before this that id seen in the Metro and they were aweful.

Well done glasses direct, have already told all my family to try you out!
Amazing service and fast delivery. The customer service staff were super helpful when I called to amend my address. The glasses are a great price and amazing quality. I will be sure to order from them again soon! Thanks Glasses Direct! :D
Amazing service! Very fast delivery and super helpful customer service staff. The price is great and I will be ordering with them again soon!
Glasses Direct is rated 2.44 based on 115 reviews