Glasses Direct Reviews

08456 882020

ask@glassesdirect.co.uk

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Glasses Direct 5 star review on 20th February 2020
Leon Gingell
More Photos & Videos
PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN ORDERING - LOTS OF PRICES AND DEALS QUOTED ON WEBSITE, CAN BE MISLEADING AS IT IS NOT MADE CLEAR THAT THE SECOND PAIR THEY ARE OFFERING ARE ONLY SINGLE LENSES. We order from their 2 for 1 package, which offered a free second pair, plus we received a Thank you for subscribing which offered us another £33.00 off. When order received only one pair varifocals (we paid extra when ordering for the varifocal lenses). The other pair was just plain lenses and they were the wrong lenses completely, I could not even see through them !! These were returned and a new pair of varifocals was promised to replace them. Then I received an email requesting further payment for the second pair of varifocals. At no time during the purchase process did it explain that we had only order and paid for one pair of varifocals. This was not made clear on the order confirmation or on subsequent emails requesting details of our prescription and varifocal distancing etc., When I went through the purchase procedure online with each option we requested varifocal lenses for both pairs, I had no idea I was only going to receive one pair of varifocal lenses. The website needs to make this clearer to customers, I have now waited several weeks for the order to be completed only to be required to pay extra for the second varifocal lenses glasses. As a new customer I am very disappointed with my order and the demand for further payment.
Takes far to long it bin saying sent to laboratory for a week and it's stupid so I asked for a refund as takes to long and they take ages picking up the bloody phone what a waste of time and money . Avoid!
Just received my glasses great fit and look great they got my prescription perfect would definitely recommend and will be using them again.
Ordered 10 pairs of glasses over the last 5 years never had any problems. The last two pairs I got 2 months ago. One of the pairs had small scratches all over them, despite having scratch resistant covering. I returned them and was told I must have scratched them whilst cleaning and would have to pay another £40 to have them re coated with the same failed scratch resistant coating. Having worn glasses daily for over 30 years I know how to clean them and also realistic about the conditions lenses should be in after 2 months of wear! Very poor customer service. Avoid completely I know I will from now on.
Too high prices!
i wish id read the reviews before shopping with them.When my glasses eventually arrived they were the wrong prescription
Smooth going from ordering to receiving my new glasses. Ordering was so easy. Kept upto date with regular emails. I love both pairs of my glasses and very happy with the quality. I will definitely use glasses direct again 🤓
Really terrible, emails not answered, items not posted, siad they would be sent Ups no tracking no info records,terrible, really terrible
I understand we are in difficult times at the moment and working practices are far from normal - however here is my FIRST (and definitely only) interaction/experience of using them. Ordered the four glass home trial - arrived ok, no problem. Called up to order the frames i wanted - first lady took my frame order, took my prescription and then said she'd have to pass me to her colleague to make payment. The second colleague answered (sounded like she was at home half asleep!!) said she was going to turn off the recording whilst she took my payment details - put me on hold for about 4mins, came back and took my details, vaguely apologising for the delay.. Then put me on hold again to process my payment, about another 7 mins.. Came back on the phone saying that her computer was playing up and she's having a problem processing the payment, put me on hold for about another 5 minutes. When she came back to me again she said she couldn't process the payment and would transfer me to her colleague... 3 mins later another person came on the phone.. The previous person had basically dumped me into a call queue and hadn't transferred me as i had to give all of my details again to the third person i was now speaking to. I explained to him what had happened and he said he would take the payment and then he said hold on it looks like the payment has been taken, he then put me on hold for another two minutes while he looked into it.. To my horror he came back on the phone to say the person before had PROCESSED THE PAYMENT 8 TIMES!!! So my £69 pair of buy one get one free glasses were now costing me over £550.. All in all possibly the worst customer service experience i have EVER endured. Credit to the last person who was very helpful and efficient and spoke and acted in a manner like he knew what he was doing, but that aside i will definitely never order anything from this company again.

To the point of writing this review i've not received my glasses nor my refund.

The only thing i can say is - don't use them and I should Have Gone to Specsavers!!

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Pretty much a scam. My experience echoes most other negative experiences here.
Excellent website. You can order your favourite frames and have them delivered to you to try for a week. You then send in your prescription details and place your order. You are sent updates every step of the way which is so useful. The delivery of my finished glasses was swift and efficient. My glasses were Rayban varifocals. Very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this company to anyone wanting reliable and efficient customer service together with excellent value for money. I love my new glasses.
Glasses are OK but not happy with misleading marketing?
They advertise the glasses coming with a really nice Timerland water bottle and this influenced my decision to buy.
No water bottle arrives and initial response is "we will send them out". One day later I get a "sorry but none left"
When I ordered there was nothing telling me that they had run out and they were still advertising the bottle. Not acceptable!
I went to my usual high street opticians to purchase a new pair of glasses as my lenses were badly scratched, I was dreading the usual £350+ bill. However I decided to give glassesdirect a go! Thankfully I did, service was amazing....customer care outstanding. I received two calls from one of there opticians in relation to my order prior to them being manufactured. They arrived today and are unbelievable!!! Quality is fab and the lenses absolutely perfect!!!! From now on I will never visit the high street opticians again. Oh and the other thing....they were less than half the price of my usual opticians and included the top spec varifocal lenses with coatings. Thank you glassesdirect, you have a new loyal customer. (Leon Gingell from Newcastle upon tyne)
Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Free home trial arrived next day, ordered 2 pairs with a great price on thin lenses, they arrived 5 days later. Perfect and was very impressed with the call I got from an optician to check my details.

You don’t get that from other online glasses retailers, tried one before this that id seen in the Metro and they were aweful.

Well done glasses direct, have already told all my family to try you out!
Amazing service and fast delivery. The customer service staff were super helpful when I called to amend my address. The glasses are a great price and amazing quality. I will be sure to order from them again soon! Thanks Glasses Direct! :D
Amazing service! Very fast delivery and super helpful customer service staff. The price is great and I will be ordering with them again soon!
they are awesome. great service great products - beware cheaper copy cat sites
Rubbish quality control - both pairs of glasses had wonky arms on delivery.
One pair was bent so wide you'd need two heads for it to fit on. Called customer service to see what happens if I return one - as it was buy one get one free on frames I'd only get £20 back from a total price of £75.
If I wanted to spend £55 on one pair of wonky glasses then I'd have gone to a designer store and trodden on some.
Shocking customer service
Ordered had it confirmed and waited 3 weeks when I chased It their attitude was “oh well” “ do you want to cancel”
Refunds the much longer to get back than they took the money - bunch of jokers

There are so many retailers that now do this I would recommend someone else if you want to get something or like the service
Buyer beware!
Normal glasses are only covered by a 30 day guarantee!. Therefore if they become defective after this period they will not replace them.
If you buy cheap, you will get cheap.
Avoid