Glasses Direct Reviews

ask@glassesdirect.co.uk

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy
Heres my story.
I ordered 2 pairs of glasses costing £59 with their buy one frame get one free. Sent my up to date presciption and everything (I even got my eyes tested again to ensure my prescription was as accurate as could be). My glasses arrived within the week, I was super exited (ofcourse), tried them on and both lenses on both frames weren't accurate. I decided to take my favourite frame out of the two to my local trustworthy opticians and the owner took the frames and inspected it along with my prescription and told me that the left eye was -1.70 (my left is -2.75) the right eye axis was off by 30. I am sending them back and asking for a refund.

Luckily my opticians had the same frames and I ended up purchasing them instead. I am never purchasing glasses online again no matter how good the deal, it isn't worth the hassle if they're incorrect.
Just demanded refund of the money that they took up front for my order.
They didn’t have a web site as user friendly as mister specs ( you can attach your prescription photo straight away. I had to send it after paying & because I had cropped & attached the photo to my orders with other spec providers I binned the paper copy. Direct Specs wouldn’t take my start until I submitted a prescription with the date on . I twice had to email before getting a refund. I work full time for NHS & can’t be doing with the hassle of arranging to get a copy of my prescription. Won’t use them again.
Though I got confused by the overwhelmingly negative reviews here, yet took a shot and it paid off very well. Both of my ordered glasses have been delivered on time and in excellent condition. Don't get confused by the reviews, excellent value for money.
Very poor service. Placed an order in June still have not received the glasses. Sent last email on 29/07/2020 to get an update but until today 11/10/2020 still there is no response!!
Extremely disappointed-:(
absolutely amazing, first class service. I'd happily recommend to anyone. Five stars 🌟. Massive thumbs up from me.👍
Had to send frame back. Took ages for them to answer the phone over 45 minutes, they don't reply to emails. In process of getting a refund will never to business with them again.
I have now sent several queries email to glasses direct an order placed and paid for on the a month ago. They were keen enough to take the £300 but seemingly not interested in to reply to my questions – simple question what is the current status of the order, if you can not fulfil it then cancel and refund the order ?. no reply and. No reply on the Phone and no refund. They used to be good but I will not be using them again as communications is poor and you have to be carful as headline costs escalate when you add "extras" - cheaper and better service from independent can be obtained from independents on the high street
ABSOLUTE SCAM!
I ordered a pair of glasses from Glasses direct on the 10th of June and it is now the 30th. This company takes forever to answer emails, never answer the phone on the given number and essentially completely ignore you once you’ve given them the money. Its been 1 week and I still haven’t received an email back about the thinning of my lens. Terrible, terrible service. Please avoid!!!!
I spent £290.80 on 2 pairs on Varifocal glasses on the 23rd of june. I have had not had anything from them yet. So I tried to log into my accout to see the updates but I cant login. It wont send me the link to reset my password. They have not returned any of my emails. They dont anwer the phone number (01793 746601) even after holing on for an hour. DO not use these people they are just a scam website. I yount belive me try calling them befoe you purchase to proove to yoursel. AVOID THEM.
Ordered two pairs of sunglasses for £22. One to be plain lenses one to be prescription after 23 days both arrived plain. Think that shipping times have all been effected by Covid they must have their labs abroad I guess. Not too impressed with frames I could have bought plain sunglasses a lot cheaper elsewhere. Actually I have just ordered a pair for £1 expected delivery 10 days. Glasses Direct accepted straight away they had made a mistake. Only way I can resolve issue is to send them back... Simple I hear you say...but I'm shielded and can't visit the post office until it's safe and I'm not going to ask someone else to take the risk for £22..... But I can't have them replaced until I get to the post office they tell me I have 90 days to get around to it. A lot of businesses have made exceptions during covid but not Glasses Direct it appears. It would be crazy of me to take risks for £22 so I won't be bothering but don't use them if you are old fashioned like me and expect their fault to remain their fault and not become yours.
ABSOLUTE SCAMMERS AVOID AT ALL COST.

Would give them 'no star' if I could. Took my money 7 weeks ago and NOT delivered glasses. Don't answer the phone don't, answer emails, this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with and the next time I deal with them will be in the small claims court.

ABSOLUTE ROBBING DOGS, UTTER CROOKS AVOID, AVOID, AVOID
Glassesdirect have not acknowledged return of glasses. Glassesdirect do not answer the telephone.
Glassesdirect have not replied to emails.
Glassesdirect are not a company I will trust ever again.
Glasses haven’t arrived. No tracking information, they don’t respond to emails, Twitter or Facebook messages and you can’t get an answer from their phone lines. Charlatans. Avoid.
Poor quality and actually expensive for the quality of the product. Would not recommend.
Placed an order in mid may and have still not even been given an accurate ETA for the delivery. Was initially told that there will be a 2-3 week delay from the usual time of 1-2 weeks - I am not a mathematician but i'm pretty sure if you add 2-3 weeks to 1-2 weeks you do not get 7+weeks!
I am extremely disappointed that they have subsequently flagged my review to Trustpilot in order to have it removed despite me giving only the facts.
I placed my order on the 13th of June, by the 3rd of July I emailed on four separate occasions for an update on my order but I did not get one reply.
Today the 6th of July I tried to contact them by telephone, I was left listening to music for over 20 minutes at international rates before hanging up.
Thankfully I paid by pay pal and I cancelled my order this morning. Within an hour I was notified by pay pal they had accepted my request for a refund.
Amazing they replied to PayPal within an hour but failed to reply to me for almost a month. Also to note I have not received as much as an apology for a disgusting and unprofessional service.
Michael O Hehir
I ordered prescription sunglasses two pairs for 22 pounds on offer on 24th June. I put my prescription on the page on my account. I got 3 emails asking for it, although it was still on. So I sent them details and took photos three times to get the order sorted out. I tried to ring and was on hold for hours. They don't answer the phone and you are charged for the call due to the tape they play. Now I just checked my order and they say it is in the lab, but they have given it a new number and doubled the price. I think they are going to say it went past the offer.....but they are not getting away with that. ...it still shows I ordered within the offer time and that the price is 22 pounds and not 42. I have been a customer for years, but if they play tricks like this I won't be a customer any more.
The whole process was very easy and once ordered I was updated regularly. The product is excellent quality and I can highly recommend Glasses Direct.
I feel sad for my mum and angry with glasses direct. We both bought glasses about 3 months ago. Mum's are varifocals and she needs them for driving, watching tv, reading etc. She's a pensioner and sadly a became a widow before Christmas so has to watch her money. When cleaning her glasses the frame broke in her hand. It cant be fixed. Glasses direct won't send a replacement pair. They want her to send them back leaving her without a pair of glasses for her to use. They're also saying that she has invalidating the warranty by trying to glue to frame together. Basically they're not going to help her out. So, rather than go back to glasses direct and give any more money, she's going to try another company. Goggles4u are looking good with excellent reviews.
Almost a month and still no glasses. Customer service was not helpful either told just to to wait as they have been dispatched, but could take a further 10 days. Was told up to 17 days as they are basic lenses but way past this. Will not use again.
Glasses Direct is rated 2.33 based on 131 reviews