Identibase Reviews

of reviewers recommend Identibase

Tell us how Identibase made you happy
A total rip off company. My cat went missing so I reported it to them. Charged £40 for a Premium service which resulted in posters I could have done myself. They said they would send out an alert for 25 miles to my Council, RSPCA, Cats Protection, vets etc. you get the drift. Well guess what they didn't as when I contacted these companies none of them knew. I was lulled into a false sense of security and wasted days contacting these organisations which cost me time finding my cat. They don't have animal welfare at heart it is all about money. Petlog are so much better. the 24 hr helpline they mention on the web site is a joke it doesn't exist. Somewhere in the cold with fireworks going off is my young cat. He went out and didn't come back. This lot are amateur.
Useless rip-off company with non-existent customer service. How they continue to get away with scamming people with a £17 - £20.95 fee just to change an address is totally beyond me, and even *then* I had to keep chasing up the revised documentation as they couldn't be bothered to send it in a timely manner. Even their website flags up a "dangerous" warning on my browser! I wish I'd known this then but there are free databases where you can register your pet's microchip no. (and no charges for changing details either!) Found Animals Microchip Registry www.foundanimals.org and also on Free Pet Microchip Registry www.freepetchipregistry.com Both are main databases so there's no need for anyone to swell Identichip's greedy coffers!
It says as a premium member I can access 24/7 helpline, which is not true. When I called the number a recorded message said it's open only during office hours. I've left a message online only to be told it can take up to 10 days to get a replay. It actually took over a month! All that time I have been waiting just to get an email telling me, that if my pet is still missing I have to contact the database people. This is a joke.
I can confirm that the reviews below correspond with my own experience both on the phone and online. I have an outdated certificate, my dog used to belong to a member of my family and I just need to update new owner details. I refuse to pay £20.95 so the certificate will remain as it is with previous owners contact details. It totally defeats the purpose of micro-chipping. I would never use this company.
Took several attempts to contact them by phone & email to change the ownership of a dog that I bought. Filled in the form & posted it but no response from them. I eventually got through to them & got it sorted out. I have now discovered that they didn't contact the previous owner as they said they needed to ,so that they could confirm that I had bought the dog. It makes me wonder how much use they would be if I lost my dog. Fortunately my other dogs are not registered with them. I certainly would not recommend them.
I am determined to wait till then answer the phone, - now 20 minutes. I have emailed, 3 times but no one replies. I could not upload the photo of my missing cat as their website didn't work. I emailed the photo as they promised to do it for me. Still not done, ten days later. What is most annoying is the time you waste trying to contact them. They did not notify one of the nearby Vets as promised. The posters they sent to two others did not have a photograph, nor did it state the colour of my cat. Losing a pet is one of the most stressful things that can happen. This firm should be investigated as they don't do what they say they do.
Shameful. It’s like they have no support staff, or they’ve gone out of business. I’m an existing customer looking to add a new pet with an overseas chip. The online form doesn’t work and nobody replies to requests for help - not via email, twitter, facebook or even the phone where they auto answer but keep you on hold until you give up. Don’t bother emailing me back, I’ve gone to Petlog.
They want £20.95 to change my address! Imagine if your bank charged you £20 to change your address! This is a rip off! Greedy people at this company. I won't be paying this.
I find it incredible that this company wants to charge me to change my address in my own account - a simple thing which doesn't cost them a penny. Vultures!
extremely poor service, sent my details requesting a change of address, along with £6, they sent a letter requesting £15.95 to change an address? disgusting. I emailed them to complain, with no response.
£20 to change an email address? I don’t think so. What a rip-off praying on pet owner’s love of their pets. Not a chance I’m giving them even more money - they can find me with mobile number. That won’t ever change. And next time I won’t be using Identibase.
They simply dont do what it says on the packet -been waiting for many months for them to change my dog's details from previous owner and they simply have not replied in days and my need is urgent as a dog care company wants her microchip to be udated before engaging with us.
Identibase is rated 1.00 based on 12 reviews