Identibase Reviews

of reviewers recommend Identibase

Tell us how Identibase made you happy
I have been trying to register a change of dog ownership with this company. The details were filled in online and a transfer form and payment posted but I had no contact not even an automated response. I messaged them via the website contact (which they say should be answered within one business day). I heard nothing. I have tried phoning them but, like many others have found, you simply get an automated answer and adverts for their 'premium' service while you hang on and the charge mounts – I gave up after half an hour. I tried emailing and finally got a reply 12 days later. Several emails later I was told my payment cheque for change of ownership was ‘probably in a queue’ and was asked to ring their unanswered phone line to make another payment.
In frustration I obtained an alternative number from a veterinary friend and a very helpful person told me to stop the cheque I had sent and promised I would get a phone call back that day to make a new payment. Two days later I am still waiting.
My dog has fear issues so it is worrying that he remains unregistered. I have asked them to remove the microchip from their database so that I can register my dog elsewhere but, of course, they cannot do this until I am registered as the new owner! To add insult to injury they have now sent me this message:
I would love to hear what you think of our customer service.
How would you rate the support you received?
Good, I'm satisfied
Bad, I'm unsatisfied
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
Mike Jamieson
identibase Contact Centre Manager
annoying ,frustrating ,no contact ,no replies from emails ,eventually spoke to admin who promised to ring me back and still havent ,terrible ,terrible service.if this helps anyone i eventually got a number for them that actually works ,but still have not solved my problem because they are bloody useless ,i feel like reporting them to the police ,08448241235,heres the proper number folks that is not the one they advertise.
I have emailed them 2 times to update my cats details with no response. I rang the other day for 30mins but no one answered, ringing again now and still no answer after 20mins???? Absolutely disgusting customer service and reading other reviews I am not alone in thinking this. Avoid at all costs. Fuming !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would leave zero rating but this is the lowest.
Avoid if you not already subscribed. Phones not answered. I have been ringing for days now.
Checked Financial Accounts at Companies House. Very little spend on wages.
Massive amount TAKEN out of our Subscriptions to pay for Dividends paid out to Holding Company(s).
Your company is disgusting been on phone for over hr 3 emails reregistered a dog the company sent me email out saying I hadn't completed transaction so I paid again then sent yet another email saying I hadn't completed transaction bloody scamming bunch and I am going to report to trading standards
They don't even bother to pick up the phone or answer emails. Not happy when you pay for a service. Don't bother with this company. Appalling. :-(
I have tried to ring them at least 20 times, and pressed all the options, all you get is a recorded sales spheal on every option,then silence, some calls were just cut off, I have lost my cat, and want to check my contact details. I have forgotten my password, they keep saying they have emailed me a reset they haven't, and they are impossible to contact, I have had previous trouble with them, my cat they never registered my cat, although they were paid, if you love your pet don't use this bunch of charlatans,once they have your money, they don't care
Recently had to have my dog pts went to notify chip company only to find out they have been taken over by identichip I have e-mailed 3 times with no response !! Checked my other dogs chip and he is also now with identibase again e-mailed 3 times to ask how to update his details no response. I am absolutely disgusted with this company and would change if i could.
Tried charging 15 pound to update address of cat, our other cat is with pettrac thankfully and was free. Identibase seems more like a scam company trying to con people out of their money
Worst microchip company going..........😠
If ther was a zero it would be that .I was absolutely discuted in way I was dealt with for 2 months after previously owner had contacted and I had sent all forms they asked for ...then you tell me someone will get back to me I waited 3 days then had to contact you.if ther was anyway off changing implant I would do it...I wouldn't recommend your service to anyone
Would be 0 if it was an option. Sent the forms over to them FOUR YEARS AGO, under the impression that my dogs details have been registered for FOUR YEARS, to find out they haven’t been. Sent a new form off in April, no update, no reply to emails. Absolutely APPALLING service, never been so disgusted in a company in all of my life. Our pets are part of our family & your failures as a company to do your job properly could end up with a part of someone’s family missing. Don’t get me started on the price, I love my animals so won’t complIn about paying. Disgusting company, keep well clear!!
Website is awful keeps telling me to login when I'm already logged in tried ringing them put on hold for ages then they cut me off didn't get to speak to anyone ! Still haven't managed to transfer ownership and the cost of doing it via the form in the post is a total rip off!!
What a rip of petlog charged me nothing for changing my address with my 2nd dog but this lot want £16 to £20 to change my address for my other boy this should not be allowed.
Company will NOT change my address details unless I pay £15.95 or £20.95 for premium membership.......utter SCAM BLACKMAIL !!
Trying to charge me £20 per cat to change my phone number registered on the chip. They only care about making money, not helping people find their pets
Website throwing errors and wont work, Staff not helpful at all even though it is their issue! terrible company to deal with
Sent the form to them a YEAR ago to change my dogs details from the previous owners details, to mine, and still not done (and I freaking paid for it too). Emailed them yesterday to ask about this, and I just got sent a link to the form I'd already done and told to do it again. No doubt I'll have to pay again too. Money grabbing crooks. I'll try my vets and see if they can help in any way, since these people are too stupid/useless to do anything.
Horrified to see the charge for changing the address of a pet. £16 minimum per pet, or £21 if you accept their emotional blackmail extortion.
Tried several times to phone.
Waited over 15 mins .