Identibase Reviews

of reviewers recommend Identibase

Tell us how Identibase made you happy
Identibase: are sending out emails to get owners to update their details if you manage to login to the site (it's appallingly slow and not user friendly), it doesn't allow you to amend or update your details but tells you to upgrade for the privilege. These companies now need to be regulated
When we got our puppy, the breeder provided us with the microchip information already registered with identibase.

I contacted them to change the details from breeder to keeper, they sent me a form and then they simply dissapeared.

I have been contacting them several times to know how can I login to the account and ensure my puppy's details are up to date and they are simply no responding.

The worst part is that we didn't even choose them! I will really recommend yout to find a different provider even is you are the breeder.

This company shouldn't be opearating at all!
Took several attempts to contact them by phone & email to change the ownership of a dog that I bought. Filled in the form & posted it but no response from them. I eventually got through to them & got it sorted out. I have now discovered that they didn't contact the previous owner as they said they needed to
,so that they could confirm that I had bought the dog. It makes me wonder how much use they would be if I lost my dog. Fortunately my other dogs are not registered with them. I certainly would not recommend them.
They simply dont do what it says on the packet -been waiting for many months for them to change my dog's details from previous owner and they simply have not replied in days and my need is urgent as a dog care company wants her microchip to be udated before engaging with us.
Sent the form to them a YEAR ago to change my dogs details from the previous owners details, to mine, and still not done (and I freaking paid for it too). Emailed them yesterday to ask about this, and I just got sent a link to the form I'd already done and told to do it again. No doubt I'll have to pay again too. Money grabbing crooks. I'll try my vets and see if they can help in any way, since these people are too stupid/useless to do anything.
Horrified to see the charge for changing the address of a pet. £16 minimum per pet, or £21 if you accept their emotional blackmail extortion.
Tried several times to phone.
Waited over 15 mins .
They just dont answer.
Very poor!
Can't even get the microchip to recognise but when I check it on the site it says it is recognised by identibase. I have a puppy with a chip that I can't access. Would never have used identibase if I had the choice.
A total rip off company. My cat went missing so I reported it to them. Charged £40 for a Premium service which resulted in posters I could have done myself. They said they would send out an alert for 25 miles to my Council, RSPCA, Cats Protection, vets etc. you get the drift. Well guess what they didn't as when I contacted these companies none of them knew. I was lulled into a false sense of security and wasted days contacting these organisations which cost me time finding my cat. They don't have animal welfare at heart it is all about money. Petlog are so much better. the 24 hr helpline they mention on the web site is a joke it doesn't exist. Somewhere in the cold with fireworks going off is my young cat. He went out and didn't come back. This lot are amateur.
I can confirm that the reviews below correspond with my own experience both on the phone and online. I have an outdated certificate, my dog used to belong to a member of my family and I just need to update new owner details. I refuse to pay £20.95 so the certificate will remain as it is with previous owners contact details. It totally defeats the purpose of micro-chipping. I would never use this company.
Identibase is rated 1.00 based on 28 reviews