Marks and Spencer Bank Reviews

of reviewers recommend Marks and Spencer Bank

Tell us how Marks and Spencer Bank made you happy
If I could give no star I would. I requested M&S bank to recoup funds from FatFace I received no assistance. M&S kept saying they will send me form to complete. Received none instead I was send letter of arrears from FCA. Terrible no assistance for their customers. Eventually after numerous emails and substance phone call FatFace refunded me but M&S charged me interest.
Awful customer service. Wasnt advised when I opened the account ,that to pay cash in,you have yo phone them first every time.Now they have advised all current accounts are closing .They messed up the new take over ,on my m and s direct debit payment ,and caused me to have a late payment for the first time ,and then put it on my credit file .I'm disgusted ,that they arnt putting it right ,as it was their mistake.
This has been the best bank I've used. Easy to use online banking and I always get through to someone quickly on calls. Customer service has been excellent. So disappointed the current account is closing.
Good afternoon - very frustrated with the app and had to call customer services to assist - I was on the phone for over an hour, but what a star a member of your team was - he assisted me throughout, it was a phone problem, but finally managed to sort out the problem fully - thank you Paul Reynolds - I certainly hope M and S that you read your reviews and congratulate your member of staff thank you
Awful , avoid
Ideally I'd give no stars. Got to be the most outdated banking system around. Only way to get something changed or check a query is by phone so as you can imagine you can be on hold waiting to speak to an advisor for a long time.
AWFUL,,,,,nothing more to add. Use M and S at your peril,,, frustrating and they are a CLOTHES shop NOT an BANK!!!!
Wanted to make an international transaction for £4.99!. Not possible online, I have to call. It takes me 10 minutes and I am still not finished with security questions? I am not a native English speaker, the customer assisten isn't. First I ask ther to speak slower so that I can understand her. Then she starts to ask about random transactions that I made and is spelling random names, when I can't understand her, she gets loud? Really? ... I am starting to look for another bank.
have used M&S credit card for many many years. When i needed them during Covid, nobody available to speak to and even when I sat on hold to get through to the disputes team they had somebody talking calls telling their customers that they were NOT talking any calls inorder to streamline their workload !!. Appalling customer service and I am moving away to a company that will be there when I need them.
Tried to open a account, took over a month and was told we had to start all over again. The site was Gemini Warrington but got told we had to talk to H Q this was a waste of time no one understood there system with regards to Court of Protection I only wanted to invest £80k !! Paperwork a joke F A Johnson
Needed a second payment holiday, phoned to confirm what to do, the paper work to fill out is stupid, takes at least an hour, it's almost the same as the loan application, not happy.
Just opened an account and had to call customer service to verify. Disappointing as it felt like I was speaking to someone so far away they were on the moon. Her energy was so draining that as she spoke she was sucking the life out of me. I will keep this a a basic account as I am already dreading if I have to call customer service for anything else.
Just opened credit card and already regretting it. Received zero correspondence either via post/email and already waiting on 2 weeks for card. Phone customer services is poor and the people on it sound like they have had happiness sucked out by dementors. This is not just food its a rubbish bank.
Refused to accept POA certified copies ( not a problem for HMRC, DWP, Debenhamsetc) - very unhelpful with regards to my status as relatives's POA ( who has drnentia) . Sending me ( yes, they changed everything to me on relative's account but won't talk to me ? unnecessary paperwork, all i want to do is close account! Utterly disgraceful in the way they have handled everything! Extremely unhappy!
Almost impossible to get through on the phone to resolve problems with my credit card. This morning the service is unavailable, this, after answering many automated questions. Service very mixed when you do eventually manage to speak to someone. Allow at least an hour for your phone call. Will be cancelling this card.
I tried to pay for an online purchase this evening (car tax) using my M&S MasterCard and the transaction was not authenticated. I have had this on the odd occasion before due to security reasons, but what surprised me was the fact that you can no longer speak to anybody by telephone after 8.00 pm. So basically it means you are stuffed for example if you are trying to pay for fuel or a hotel bill somewhere after that time and something blocks your transaction. Fortunately my Santander MasterCard was successful. Be warned!
Easy to use web site. Very competitive prices. In fact bought the policy from them.
Car insurance has been brilliant and staff are very friendly and helpful
Unfortunately, M&S banking has terrible customer service and awful customer app experience. would not recommend.
They didn't. Tried phoning and after entering all security questions and holding for 15 minutes I was asked again for my security details. Went to register for an online account and despite having a credit card with them they asked so many questions I gave up.
Marks and Spencer Bank is rated 3.62 based on 87 reviews