Mothercare Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mothercare
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how Mothercare made you happy
I bought a trouser last week for 40% discount. It was manufactured in 2015. It torn after the second wash. All discount items in mothercare.in are min 3 years old. Dont waste your money on bad quality old stock item. My experience..

The diaper quality is very bad. I am not going to buy it anymore.

I got a message saying that if I review the order I will get 10 percent off coupon. But , there is nothing received.

During diwali time, I had received a damaged tshirt for my baby girl. I returned it. That stock was also old, manufactured in 2016.

My decision is , if I have to buy mothercare products, have to buy directly from showroom. NOT IN MOTHERCARE.IN..
Poor quality in size compared to age
ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME, I FILLED MY CART FOR MORE THAN 20 ITEMS SPENDING HOURS LOOKING FOR STUFF, ONCE I USED DISCOUNT CODE AND GO TO PAYMENT PAGE, THE SITE DOESNT ALLOW ME TO GO FURTHER.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SAYS [OH, TOO MUCH LOAD ON SITE, TRY IN 24HRS]
NEXT DAY OF COURSE, ALL ITEMS ARE BACK TO REGULAR PRICE AND SITE IS PERFECTLY WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AS USUAL...
Placed an order. I eventually had to follow up to realize they had no stock of 1 item, out of 3. Few days down the time i get a call to know 2nd item out of 3 is not in stock. And I finally cancel the order. The refund they said will take 14 days.
Its 13th day now and they say, units are ready for collection.
Look like they are buying time to give the refund.
I ordered 5 items on their website and then they cancelled with notification that the items I bought were not available. How can they sell things online if they can't sell it????
I'm ok with that but they still bill my credit card with refunded to my credit account. I requested for transfer the credit account to my bank account and they will process it within 2 weeks, well it's too long just for refund the money.
Hi. I’ve had by far the worst experience with the e-commerce service. I have waited for an item to arrive and after it being late and calling for the 3rd time to check the status of my order I’m now informed there’s an issue and it’s still not dispatched. Worst experience ever. I would love someone to give me a real solution and to receive my item my child needs. If you can help please do reply.
The online store for mothercare has the worst delivery service ever. They deliver each item out of 10 things i ordered on different weeks and on top of that the clothes i ordered were delivered wrongly with half the items missing in the sets. Donot order here and waste your time.
Had the worst experience with mothercare online . They have charged me the full amount and not delivered or let me track my order . Customer service is pathetic - no reply to multiple emails or phone calls . Please do not order from them
Your payment system doesn't work on sales item. Why put on sales then? Lucky I give you one star, you deserve zero.
Very bad customer service and rude
When I went to swap a shoes for a bigger size the nex day the staff tolked rudely and aggressively to me even though they didn't tell me that I could not return and change when I was paying for.
I went today to your shop to replace pair of trousers that I bought two days ago for a smaller size. I had my receipt with me, unfortunately I have been told, by very rude lady that you don't do redounds and change to a smaller size is also impossible.
It is very disappointing , I'm not surprised that your shop is collapsing .... And to the rude lady "enjoy your trips to job centre... You deserve that"
I bought an expensive pram/pushchair for my grandson and after 13 months I had a problem with it, the pushchair. developed a fault,
The customer service was very bad they did nothing to help me.
I will never use them again.
The customer service was very bad they did nothing to help me.
I will never use them again.
Terrible customer service
Bought a expensive fur coat for my daughter after she gave birth to her first child, after taking the present to hospital I realised the security tag was still on coat.

I had to take this all the way back to the store which was over 40 minutes each way, after taking this in to store and explaining to the cashier they were so rude and didn’t even apologise.

I understand mistakes happen, however this was ridiculous to not even apologise and be quite blunt about it.

This was an error on Mothercares part and no apology was even given!

Terrible customer service!!!
WORST customer service I have ever experienced!!!
My order was lost, I tried the live chat twice, being disconnected by the agent in both occasions.
When tried to call, was informed that the items had been lost and they could not be replaced because they were out of stock. Was told to wait 5 more days for someone to help me.
When I insisted in sorting it out on the same day, a VERY RUDE attendant was denying helping me for more than one hour, after 1 hour and a half, I managed to have the items replaced, but not before being bullied and victim of a very rude and unhelpful attendant who kept saying that she was "spending more than one hour helping me", like it was my fault that the items were lost.
Got a pair of nutmeg dungarees my 5 month old son has just choked on one of the buttons of the strap warning people watch ur child if bought these
Horrible service with online nursery furniture delivery

1) Item arrived broken
Ordered a 3 piece Tutti Bambini nursery set with changing table, cot and wardrobe. The changing table had a huge crack down one side so I contacted customer service to arrange a replacement.

2) Booked wrong date for collection
After speaking with customer service they confirmed the date the item would be collected and replaced. However, then I got a text from the delivery company stating a completely different date, and one which I would be out of the country! I, annoyingly, had to call the delivery company to rearrange myself.

3) Delivered completely WRONG ITEM
After waiting around the flat for the delivery/collection the deliverymen inexplicably tried to deliver another cot! Even though it was the changing table which was broken and needed replacing. They also told me they couldn't collect the table, which I had been told they would do.

4) Never booked collection for broken item!
I had to call and tell Mothercare that they tried to send me a cot instead of the changing table. They told me that a collection for the broken changing table was never even booked and that the collection of the broken table and the delivery of the replacement table would be on 2 separate occasions because of 2 different delivery companies. What a waste of my time!

5) Never got notification for delivery
Was told that the delivery would be sometime between Wed/Thurs/Fri/Mon/Tues (what a ridiculous range!) and that I would have to wait to receive a notification (couldn't even tell me if it would be an email or a text etc) of the shipment that would arrive the next day. Well I never received any notification of any kind and then the doorbell rang on Friday and there was my new changing table! Luckily I just happened to be home!

6) Tried to collect the wrong item!
Mothercare then started calling me trying to collect the cot they had tried to deliver which I never took receipt of! This was about 3 separate phone calls.

7) Collection came on wrong day! TWICE!
Customer service told me that they couldn't tell if a collection for the broken changing table had been booked or not (how can you not tell?) so they advised me to wait around the flat on Tuesday and then if no one came on Tuesday then to wait around again on Friday!! As if I don't have anything better to do than to just wait around the flat to see if a deliveryman comes or not! I got a text claiming that someone would be by on Tuesday between 11:30 - 13:30 so I waited. No one came! Then at 18:00 they called and said they were almost at the flat! Sigh. When they arrived they thought they were collecting the entire 3 piece furniture set, not just the changing table.
After they collected the broken changing table I called Mothercare and told them to cancel the collection for Friday which they confirmed they would do. Well, of course I received a text on Thursday evening saying they would come on Friday. I emailed Mothercare yet again but the deliverymen called me on Friday and said they were almost at the flat. I told them it had already been collected.
Went to mother care about buying a car seat that for my mums car. The lady was not helpful at all and told me no seat would fit my mums car and that the seat I was using was not safe. My best friend used to fit car seats and said my seat was correct and fitted perfectly. I was left feeling like an awful mother with my only 8 week old at the time, will not be buying from their store again! We have since been to Halfords and couldn’t fault them and left happy with a new car seat.
Mothercare UK is literally the worst place for maternity clothes. We went there thinking they would be the best place to go to, but all the clothes I have bought have just fallen apart, the can't even do the one thing they are meant to be good at apparently? I have had to return 2 things already, I have others that have literally fallen apart and I am just gonna avoid them now. And I suggest everyone does the same for clothes.
Mothercare is rated 3.28 based on 172 reviews