Natwest Reviews

of reviewers recommend Natwest

Tell us how Natwest made you happy
Natwest 1 star review on 15th February 2020
Jason
Natwest 5 star review on 14th February 2017
William Richard Parker
More Photos & Videos
I have been waiting 3h+ and counting on their customer waiting line for fraud prevention (they blocked a payment I made without informing me and now i have to wait forever to tell them its ok to pay)

Their customer service is absolutely pathetic
I was transfered twice to different departments even though I clearly explained what the problem is.

I have been on the phone for 3h + to speak to someone and waiting.

Really pissing me off now
Their website and apps are not fit for purpose. Links don't work, emails don't arrive, text messages don't have links that work with certain browsers. Do yourself a favour and steer well clear. They don't provide a business relationship manager unless your turnover is £2 million so there's noone to help with anything.
After banking with NatWest for over 5 years, I've recently had my account closed down overnight without doing anything wrong or given any explanation, only that they consider that i have broken their terms and conditions which i haven't. All my funds have been withheld and are being withheld by the bank for up to 60 days. After carefully reading the bank's terms and conditions, i am 110% sure i have not broken any, definitely NOT committed any fraud (reason why bank can withhold funds for up to 60 days). After being told that my account was closed by going in branch and speaking with the account closure team a couple of times. I find out today that my account is still active and receives funds although i have no access to it or to any funds on it. I've asked for my bank statements up until the account closure so i know the exact amount i'm supposed to get back as all my salary and any kind of funds are stuck there, today after speaking with the Account closure team, i find out that i only have around 600£ out of 3183£ but why i ask, the answer being that its maybe related to the to the personal loan i have taken out and the credit card money i owe , mentioning that i have paid money in my credit card account and last time i've spoken to the closure team i have been instructed to arrange a standing order just a few days before the normal paying date on my new bank account(with another bank) to pay back the money i owe in instalments as i did until now. The bank has taken the liberty of paying off the loan and credit card apparently out of my funds without my consent and without me knowing. I cant believe this has happened and i don't see how this can be legal, it is my money and the decision to close down my account was not mine and i have not done anything wrong. I dont understand how an institution so big can commit such acts and take money from me without my consent. For anyone reading, please do not open an account with this SHADY BANK!!!!
So awful I moved to Santander, which is far better.
I have a reward account which I use via the app and online banking. They are absolutely useless and I'm so stressed and embarrased because of them. Trying to make a reasonably large payment is just a nightmare. Their security system is not fit for purpose. It is almost impossible to make payments. I have been trying to pay an invoice for 3 days now. Currently on phone to them for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Changing banks asap will never ever use these jokers again.
NatWest Bank - Disgrace, shame on you, excuse for a bank. Taking my business elsewhere !
Treating new potential customers like rubbish ! My account application was denied.
I submitted ALL required documents, including id, proof of address, bank statement from another UK bank. My application went through and yesterday I even got a confirmation that my account is approved and card is on its way. Today however I got another follow emailsaying my application was declined giving no reasons but general quote of credit check. I didn't apply for a credit account or credit card but a debit account and debit card, so I don't see how any of that has an impact on opening an account.
Have been a customer over 40yrs, awfull service. I wanted to transfer money to my son,s account. They no longer do that I was told, I need online banking so I can do it myself ,I also need a i phone, and they would set it up for me to do myself. What do they do, if we are all doing it ourselves? I am 72 i don't want a computer or a i phone, thats why I have a bank !! Time to change banks.
I have complained to them over and over again and they have never once investigated. I have highlighted a number of failures with their staff, processes and they have made promises. On the back of that they send totally vague emails dismissing my complaint but without ever having checked out anything I have highlighted. If they had they would list out the complaint and they would say what their findings were.

Their service is appalling and I pay them for the privilege by the way with annual fees and all my families money in their bank. It’s disgusting how they treat people and they are purposefully obstructive. The regulators have to do something serious with them. Other customers have to be experiencing the same games NatWest play.
Useless bank in every single way. Avoid if you can
My elderly mum lost her debit card this morning. Brad on the helpline was absolutely fantastic with her, he obviously grasped the fact that she was struggling to remember the answers to simple questions and was really patient with her. Thanks Brad, 5 star customer service.
Met by a loud mouth at entrance, waited 50 mins which had then gone over my lunch break, only 1 person at counter , with a big q , 5 other members of staff , waiting in the middle chatting , doing abs nothing.
Tried to pay a cheque into the London Bridge branch on Southwark St....No chance! Long queue outside (big contrast with adjacent HSBC and Barclays). Plain obvious this taxpayer-owned shambles is using Covid19 as an excuse to cut jobs & reduce high Street presence. Shame on you Natwest - you used to be a pleasure to bank with.
Rang the helpline - it suggested that I use ring back. I did, and having waited for the ring back I was left hanging on the line with no messages, no idea of how much longer to wait- hung on 10 minutes and gave up. Tried the app, shows a different card to the one I have, so could not manage any changes on there. Tried phoning again, same problem with ring back - no one actually there. Gave up. Not been able to request new PIN. Wasted over an hour getting nowhere.
Natwest has closed my account without any notice and I'm unable to access my money. Just by text saying they cannot discuss it by phone nor in the branch and that I will receive a letter with the next steps, also saying the letter might take longer to receive. Seeing other reviews and news articles I see it can take up to 60 days to be refunded after you fill in a form. Luckily I didn't have all my savings there I transfered some money from my salary account monthly, but can't believe they could do such a thing and leave people without their money and no explanation. My partner was also from Natwest and has removed all his money and will be closing his account.
I've banked with NatWest for over thirty years. In the last few years customer service has been non existent, the bank has gone totally downhill.

Applied for Business ac (which I've had previously) was told 7-10 working days two months (42 working days) later nothing, just excuses!

Hours to answer the phone (then cut you off) weeks to reply to email, months to open accounts. Shocking ! Do your self a favour bank elsewhere, anywhere except NatWest, they are not the bank they use to be!

Sign of the times when you need to treat banks like utility companies and shop around swap and change, unfortunately loyalty means nothing and now is actually penalised.

I'm trying to change to HSBC and NatWest are making it as difficult as possible!
the worst bank that can be closing accounts for no reason and keeps money for months. And not only did this to me, only thousands of people
NatWest business are full of wrong information and false promises! They are an utter joke! Please do not use this bank if you can call them that! Will be changing personal and business banking and never use again!!!
Absolutely disgusted. I am a nurse who has been off sick due to pressures of coronavirus.my pay has dropped so I asked for a two month loan holiday. This amounts to 236 pounds and was refused. Been anat west customer for years and was made to feel like I was going something illegal. Will be changing my bank. So much for your adverts and offer if help.
Online chat support is utterly useless.
Clearly a robot that doesn’t understand questions
Terrible service, mad queues, and currently I have just passed ONE HOUR on hold waiting for the fraud prevention team. Also I went into the bank the other day after trying to get through and they sent me back home to wait on the phone. That was a few days ago and I have still not got through, now I have a SECOND fraudulent amount on my account and it is still impossible to get any help whatsoever, so they are literally just having a field day with my money whilst natwest does zero. I am using this time in the queues to write this review and next I am going to move my account to starling bank. F the high street banks.
Natwest is rated 1.65 based on 270 reviews