nkuku Reviews

of reviewers recommend nkuku

Tell us how nkuku made you happy
Such a lovely brand, I've bought twice now, really impressed with the products and the service.
Very unique, stylish pieces. Very happy with my purchase.
Nkuku products are beautiful and I love everything from their range.

There’s a local shop to me that sells a small amount of their products.

I’ve bought the battery powered paper star fairy lights and a few photo frames and a lantern.
The fairy lights stopped working shortly after I bought them, I tried changing the batteries but this didn’t seem to help. Plus one of the stars kept falling off of the actual light which was a bit fustrating.

The frames have been fine except one which fell apart as I was dusting it!
The metal stand fell away from the frame.

The lantern has been great.

Just feel like the price paid for the product isn’t reflected in the quality of manufacture.

Shame as I really like them but will be more wary in the future.
I bought the Baba large wide lamp and matching lampshade online, the positive is that Nkuku offered 10% discount on new customers first order, so instead of £179.00 I paid £162.00. That's where the positive ends. The lamp is described as hand blown recycled glass; there is a distinct join on the lamp, so not sure how it could have been hand blown??? The worst aspect is the poor quality. The glass body of the lamp is thin and lightweight, not the thick recycled glass you might expect for the price. The extortionate price far exceeds the quality of the lamp.
I would NOT recommend buying anything from this company.

My product arrived a day late because they suggested I had put the wrong address. When it finally arrived it was completely broken. There is no way they could have missed this when packing the item. It was very expensive and I assumed it would be made well. I assumed wrong.

I rang to ask for the broken part to be replaced to which I was told they would like to collect the entire product rather than just replacing the broken part, completely ignoring the environmental impact that has on the planet when all that was required was to post a new part to me via postal service. Apparently it is their company policy to pollute the planet though.

Really rude and unhelpful customer service women.

Avoid. 1/10
Faulty, ugly items, severely overpriced. I have ordered twice from Nkuku and deeply regret doing so, I won’t do it again. First time I had to return substantial part of order and it took 3 weeks plus to get money back. I am dreading how long it will take this time, as I have to return again.
Items are sold as made by artisans in India and therefore they supposed to have native and distressed look, and there is a catch, there is a difference between native and distress look and faulty misshaped, ugly item, unfinished, falling apart in some cases. I can’t regret more the purchases, it’s a hell. The hassle they make to refund your money is huge/ be aware of this company, it’s not as it looks on the website, it’s misleading, missold and misguided, they advertise to be happy to accept returns yet they build hundreds of obstacles so it’s not easy to retrieve money that were paid, also they write and talk to you as if it is you, the customer that causes issues because they never see anything wrong with the item even if it’s worst possible falling apart thing. I hate this Nkuku story telling about ethics and beauty of native artisan made items, and the fake nice and lovely face they put on. Stay away or regret, very unhappy customer.
I cannot believe that your ordering system needs to be so intransigent - being told by a ‘CustomerCare’ person to check the terms and conditions, when a simple ordering error could have been rectified so easily.
Would I recommend this company? Definitely not!
Customer Care should be renamed lack of customer care!
nkuku is rated 2.29 based on 7 reviews