nkuku Reviews

of reviewers recommend nkuku

Tell us how nkuku made you happy
Such a lovely brand, I've bought twice now, really impressed with the products and the service.
Very unique, stylish pieces. Very happy with my purchase.
Nkuku products are beautiful and I love everything from their range. There’s a local shop to me that sells a small amount of their products. I’ve bought the battery powered paper star fairy lights and a few photo frames and a lantern. The fairy lights stopped working shortly after I bought them, I tried changing the batteries but this didn’t seem to help. Plus one of the stars kept falling off of the actual light which was a bit fustrating. The frames have been fine except one which fell apart as I was dusting it! The metal stand fell away from the frame. The lantern has been great. Just feel like the price paid for the product isn’t reflected in the quality of manufacture. Shame as I really like them but will be more wary in the future.
Sofa ordered and paid for in full in August 2020. Agreed delivery in 8 weeks. Finally delivered 24 weeks later! Emails take four days to answer. 'Phone calls/messages are ignored. Assured delivery dates postponed. Customer service is truly abysmal. The product is good quality but very, very expensive. Just shop elsewhere.
No one calls you back, phones don’t get answered, when you get the the front of the phone queue they hang up in you. This happened to me 3 times! really really bad experience with a company I’ve spent a lot of money with. They have nice products but terrible terrible customer service. Also once you’ve been treated badly, they don’t try to compensate you. After all the bad treatment, items that don’t work. The least they could give would be a voucher. Don’t shop or use them if your worried about something being wrong with the product. It’s stress you don’t need in your life. Breath and move on. Lots of other companies want your business and care about their customers Bye bye Nkuku you’ve lost a good customer. But obvs you don’t care
Nkuku is by far my worst experience with online shopping. I placed my order on 27/11, and yet 14 days later I still do not know when it will arrive. What upsets me most is that on their website they are now advertising this: 'order by midnight on Monday 14th December for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery'. I would like to know what happened with my rights for a timely delivery? Due to the delay I informed them as early as on 02/12 that I would like to cancel my order, but apparently that is impossible and the only solution is to wait for the order to arrive and then send it back to receive the refund. The customer has got no rights, only hassle with Nkuku!
I recently bought the Sagari Rocking Chair. It arrived within the expected delivery time. Unfortunately, it soon became apparent that this was a previous return from another customer. The plastic envelope that should enclose all the small items was already cut open and one of the key plastic tubes integral to the build of the chair was missing. The tube that was present had leather residue on its surface which had clearly been used before. In addition, the leather section of the chair had stains/marks. Also missing was any documentation to return the chair and the original cardboard packing smelt rotten and was already open when I received the package. I have tried to contact customer service (non-existent) and have had no correspondence. Very disappointed in this company who initially looked like a reputable company according to reviews ????
Poor quality products; wooden handle came off a marble platter! Lucky not to create an injury or damage!
Sent me the wrong product twice and had no interest in resolving the matter quickly for me. I am still waiting and have three useless items sat at home. They are still selling the product online but blaming their warehouse saying the items haven't been checked if they are in the correct packaging. Why are you still selling them then!? Poor customer service and quality control. I will not order again.
I bought the Baba large wide lamp and matching lampshade online, the positive is that Nkuku offered 10% discount on new customers first order, so instead of £179.00 I paid £162.00. That's where the positive ends. The lamp is described as hand blown recycled glass; there is a distinct join on the lamp, so not sure how it could have been hand blown??? The worst aspect is the poor quality. The glass body of the lamp is thin and lightweight, not the thick recycled glass you might expect for the price. The extortionate price far exceeds the quality of the lamp.
I would NOT recommend buying anything from this company. My product arrived a day late because they suggested I had put the wrong address. When it finally arrived it was completely broken. There is no way they could have missed this when packing the item. It was very expensive and I assumed it would be made well. I assumed wrong. I rang to ask for the broken part to be replaced to which I was told they would like to collect the entire product rather than just replacing the broken part, completely ignoring the environmental impact that has on the planet when all that was required was to post a new part to me via postal service. Apparently it is their company policy to pollute the planet though. Really rude and unhelpful customer service women. Avoid. 1/10
Faulty, ugly items, severely overpriced. I have ordered twice from Nkuku and deeply regret doing so, I won’t do it again. First time I had to return substantial part of order and it took 3 weeks plus to get money back. I am dreading how long it will take this time, as I have to return again. Items are sold as made by artisans in India and therefore they supposed to have native and distressed look, and there is a catch, there is a difference between native and distress look and faulty misshaped, ugly item, unfinished, falling apart in some cases. I can’t regret more the purchases, it’s a hell. The hassle they make to refund your money is huge/ be aware of this company, it’s not as it looks on the website, it’s misleading, missold and misguided, they advertise to be happy to accept returns yet they build hundreds of obstacles so it’s not easy to retrieve money that were paid, also they write and talk to you as if it is you, the customer that causes issues because they never see anything wrong with the item even if it’s worst possible falling apart thing. I hate this Nkuku story telling about ethics and beauty of native artisan made items, and the fake nice and lovely face they put on. Stay away or regret, very unhappy customer.
I cannot believe that your ordering system needs to be so intransigent - being told by a ‘CustomerCare’ person to check the terms and conditions, when a simple ordering error could have been rectified so easily. Would I recommend this company? Definitely not! Customer Care should be renamed lack of customer care!
nkuku is rated 1.69 based on 13 reviews