On the Beach Reviews

of reviewers recommend On the Beach

Tell us how On the Beach made you happy
My holiday was cancelled in September 2020 a week b4 going,on the beach was great they found me the same holiday for 5 days later then the one I booked only change was date & 10 night stay instead of 14 it was £900 cheaper,I believed in them so payed out fall for my new holiday & waited for my refund from my first holiday which was put in my bank 9 days after they cancelled,I’m looking for a holiday for 2022 now & will b booking with on the beach again hope all the reviews r rubbish & the service is still great
On Sunday 25th July 2021 i had a phoned conversation with a very rude unhelpful unprofessional male employee of On The Beach telling us that nobody had to inform us our said accommodation was temporarily closed i tried to eplain that for 4 weeks we have be trying to change our holiday to August 2022 and when given a quote had to respond to in which we responded right away it was you On The Beach that was delaying in getting back to us so the pice went by £200 the male on the phone wasnt interested in helping us resolve this as he just said well holiday prices will rise at this point my stress with sending messages back and forth repeating myself and getting nowhere and being spoken in the manner that this individual did left me no option but to go through the cancel process.We tried to transfer the dates to next year nobody seemed to no what they were doing.We are now set to lose the money paid so far insurance and flights which is what i have paid according to On The Beach.This very ill mannered individual who i spoken to on the phone left me with no other option and im absolutely furious of the outcome. As you On The Beach informed us when i asked for a refund or voucher that you dont do them and that our flights have been paid for iff for some reason Ryanair dont fly out on the scheduled time and date i will be seeking my money i have paid you were quick enough to tell us we can't have a refund because the money we have paid was for the flight now iff the flight doesn't go ahead i want that money backthe money paid either belongs to Ryanair for the flight iff it goes ahead or it belongs to me not you or anybody else as you told us this when trying to sort this mess out i will be monitoring the outbound and inbound flights on the day. One last thing i have been telling you for nearly a month our accommodation is temporarily closed til Nov/Dec and trying to do a tranfer nearly every day without success as you delayed in your response and on Monday sent me a message saying our accommodation is shut i really cannot belive a company such as yourself think its acceptable to treat and speak to people in this manner myself family and friends will certainly not be using your company again
every review is false! you book a holiday make sure you can go ! also make sure names are correct! if not ring hotel and emirates etc correctly to by pass fee from otb , people just moaning for making incorrect financial decisions when they should of though of the cost!
Price is what you pay dont understand the bad reviews.. I found the cheapest holiday and thats exactly what it was .. would use again
Brilliant customer service by a lovely lady called charlie. Solved my problem quick and professionally. Very happy with the outcome.
So easy to sort out a holiday
I telephoned to book a holiday for 30 people, Alex who i spoke to was very helpful and informative of all of the options i had with making a booking of this size, although i couldn't book our trip at the time her advice was appreciated.
got a great holiday at a great price.
Very easy to navigate and use website. Very good and affordable deposit scheme. Great online account with a break down of each aspect of the holiday and easy to make and request changes if needed as well as easy to make payments.
Good prices, easy website to navigate to, excellent customer service.
Fantastic value and always deliveres what it promises.
Can only comment on my experience obviously. Went last year with a group, my friend did booking. Enjoyed the hol so booked myself, first time ever booking on line, all went smoothly and great hol. Our hol this year was cancelled due to covid. We were sent several emails prior asking if we wanted to cancel or wait. We choose to wait. Was bit worried as unable to contact OTB, however they sent emails asking for patience and I finally received full refund day after travel date. We had paid balance on full at point of booking. My advice would be read everything before you click, its cheaper to book flight extras direct with flight company as OTB add admin cost. Be careful to check price before clicking and check small print, be aware they do add a small admin fee. I still found them cheaper than a travel agent on high Street. As example of flight extras we paid priority and guaranteed seating for £60 total for two but through Ryanair direct. I'm light packer so happy with 10kg cabin bag
I've used this website for booking almost all my holidays and always everything was excellent. Never had any problem with hotel or transfer. However one star less because if wanted to contact customer service before holiday there is only helpline and waiting time is really long. As this is online company there should be option for online chat or/and clear information about customer service email address.
Holiday booking, was nice and easy, all paperwork filled in online, and great holiday
Easy enough to book a holiday on the website, but a few weeks later when I tried to reserve seat numbers for the flights they wanted £80. I eventually managed to book the seats directly with the airline for around £30.
First let me state that their not just a nightmare to get in contact with not just their long hour phone waits but their 1-3 day email replay via their website. Then after booking the holiday it only then stated which airline was booked. To find out it was norweigen which I personally didn't like because I read bad reviews on it and never heard of the airline or knew anyone who's flew with them before. I asked to changed and they said it would have to be with the airline now as they've already paid them what a shame that they had no power to change or cancel for free. Then having issue with the airline put me off them point blank they changed aircrafts. Then the inbound flight coming home from America was delayed 7 hours with no warning from onto the beach or the airline regardless whos responsibly it was but I got thwir 3 hours before to see a note on the check in desk with no airline staff to speak to stating we had to come back 5 hours later for new check in, then for it to be delayed a further 3 times. But this may not have been on the beach fault but they should not use poor and unrealiable airlines as rhia gives on the beach a bad reputation. This trip has been the wrost turn out compared to all other holiday agents I've had so that's what has put me off. On the beach maybe be easier to book with NOT CHEAPER but this doesn't mean they have to use poorer airlines and hotels to give their customers. The hotels were even the lowest around the area we wanted to be, good ones we seen were not available with on the beach so just shows they only have cheap and nasty availability holiday package choices. First and last unfortunately!
Worst company going ! Me and my wife booked a trip to Crete We arrived at stansted with plenty of time to unwind. We went to check in with Ryanair but told we had to do it online we had tried this on a number of occasions with no luck the staff there were very helpful they stated on the beach should not be using Ryanair due to there check in policy ( please Ryanair terms and condition if going through online agents) and after 1.5hrs managed to get checked in. We arrived at the hotel which was all inclusive the bar open at 11am and closed at 10pm worst lager in the world and only ouzo and raki (no other spirts) orange squash and a couple of other soft drinks (bottled water chargeable). The food was something out of this world not in a good way ! Same food for breakfast lunch and dinner for Severn days. Finally our time to be freed from jail ! We made a number of attempts to contact ON THE BEACH to find out our time for the transfer with no luck. One hour before check out and 6 hours before our flight reception told use our transfer had arrived my wife was in the shower I was packing we said we would be ready in 10 minutes but the transfer left leaving use with £100 taxi transfer plus ON THE BEACH £40 fee already paid. On arrival at the airport we were charged the Ryanair £55 each to check in (Ryanair policy) do not use ON THE BEACH) now a ruined holiday and a fight when we get home to get our money back .
I would just like to let you know NEVER book with this deceptive company. They are dishonest people and give you false information and do NOT do what they say they will do.They do not honour your package holiday that you book , and be careful if you book on line as the price you think you are paying is incorrect, their referral team will come back to you and tell that since you booked this & that has gone up in price and con you. DO NOT USE THEM.
Like so many others cancelled due to pandemic took my £600 deposit £7 refund will never use these again
On the Beach is rated 1.34 based on 170 reviews