On the Beach Reviews

of reviewers recommend On the Beach

Tell us how On the Beach made you happy
On the beach cancelled my April holiday due to covid, which I understand. I do not understand why I am still waiting for my flights to be refunded and why OTB have made themselves impossible to contact. I contacted my local MP Yvette Cooper as there are many customers, nationwide waiting for refunds. I have been advised to send all relevant paperwork to her office with links to the numerous review sites that are full of reviews from OTB customers, stating the same issue. I accept they will be experiencing high volumes of calls and emails at this time but we recieved an email saying we would have our refund on Monday 13th July along with £100 voucher to spend on another holiday with them. The voucher came but nothing else. Many of my friends have been refunded from other companies so why are OTB so slow to act? I advise you all to take the same action and fully inform your local MP of this unacceptable treatment by On the beach. The more MP's speaking up for us in Westminster, the more likely it is that action at government level will be taken. According to Google, this company makes over 80 million pounds profit a year and yet are failing to refund customers their hard earned cash. It's absolutely appalling.
Hi Sharon, thanks for getting in touch. I apologise for the delay with your refund. If you've still not received this, please contact our team via Manage Your Booking. Thanks. - Wendy
We booked to go to Cyprus at the end of March making one payment of £313.18 at the end of Feb - we were due to pay final instalment on the 17th March, we received an email from them on the 13th saying that the holiday was cancelled due to Covid19 - we asked if we would get a full refund and they said yes. After several more messages we got a refund of £2 - I thought this was a mistake so contacted them and asked why- they replied stating that we had not paid the full amount we would not get back what we paid out initially- but they cancelled due to virus that kills people- no one could have predicted this happening why should we be penalized for this - its disgusting what is happening, it's our money not theirs - I've been in touch with ABTA.
Unbelievable rip off merchants they are profiting from people’s cancelled holidays and the covid-19 pandemic by taking admin fees of £100 off people to get you your own refund back to covid outbreak, and then only giving you a credit note when all other companies such as jet 2 and TUI are giving full refunds steer clear of these rip off con merchants will never use these again.
Would leave 0 stars if I could, awful company who Rob your money stay well cleaer, cheap for a reason!!
Remember the days when you could ring OTB and speak to a human, when I tried to get through to cancel an up coming payment and also the holiday due to illness the auto reply said they were busy and to send a message to be then told they would reply in 48 hours meaning the payment would go through before contact. So I cancelled through there website and they added the payment plus £30 per person for cancellation charges. They used to be good but are now a load of sharks and only interested in new bookings. The only sell second hand holidays anyway so you are better booking direct with an airline or a well known Greek operator who provide fab service.
Same as thousands of others. No option to change dates, destination for holiday. Refused to refund whole package holiday. Lost £1300 on our family flights. Could Not fly due to the FCO advice. They do not care about their customers at all. Would never book with this company or recommend them to anyone.
Have the same issue like most customers here. Holiday cancelled due to COVID and no refund given, though I spoke to Ryanair and they confirmed that they have refunded OTB for my flights weeks ago. OTB sent me an email to come claim my refund, which I did, and the message said that it will be credited to my card within 3-7 working days, This never happened, and now this refund is simply gone from my account saying there are no refunds associated with my booking. On top of that this amount now appears in the payment section of my booking, as if I need to pay that amount, but not get it refunded, though holiday was cancelled back in March... I complained to ABTA. I hope we all get our money back and this company gets shut for zero transparency, zero communication and scamming people...
Quite possibly the worst customer service ever offered by a company. Complete disregard for all their customers. Total failure to answer phone calls, messages or emails to help people with refunds or changes to their holiday. Avoid at all costs.
I will have a party when your company goes bust!! You want to try investing in customer service.
had to call up twice for them to cancel two of our holidays because they “over booked”. Should be called ‘On The Phone’ instead of ‘On The Beach’.
Appalling- I've written 10 emails at least, enquiring about cancelling our holiday due to unforeseen Covid 19 restrictions. We are both Keyworkers on the front line; we simply cannot afford the time to risk quarantine after. We have had no response apart from automated. Weve saved up for this holiday over 3 years and simply cannot afford to pay for something which cant happen,and then not even be sure if and when we will be refunded. We need to know what's happening- our two young kids are affected by this too. Its disgusting sevice , On The Beach, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
This must be a contender for the worst travel company in the UK. Here's our story. We booked in November for a holiday on the 25th June this year. We requested to change the holiday to August, something most companies are doing for free. They told us it'll have a new price for hotel changes, transfers and an admin fee (nothing was itemised, it was a lump sum). We agreed. Then, we're told we have to change the flight ourselves (it's hidden when you book but check your receipt and you'll see they charge a flight booking fee that isn't refundable). I paid them £32 and they told me I have to change the flight myself. Except, I couldn't change the flight so now I'm stuck without a flight. I can either take the loss and book a new flight or try to work with OTB to start the process again and rebook with them. They chose the third option, pass my messages which turned into a complaint from department to department. Obviously, the inevitable happened and my 25th June flight was cancelled, so I booked with another company. All good right? Wrong. Today they emailed me to say they're still going to take an £80 admin fee, plus I assume the £32 airline fee. So, over £100 for stress and disappointment. With this in mind, I've reported them to Trading Standards and I'll be sending all the messages to ABTA and my local MP, plus anyone else who is interested. If you're in a similar position to me, I recommend you do the same. And if you're reading this about whether you should book with them, remember a lot of their customers are out of work right now and this is how they treat you.
I’m sure people on here that have given a low star review fully understand the problems the travel companies are experiencing, however OTB do not keep the customers/ client updated and I think 3 months for a refund on an easyJet’s flight is being very patient. You can’t get through to speak to anyone and I feel the whole policy/ company is extremely poor and certainly would never use them again. Sorry but after getting through today I was told they were chasing up easyJet flight refunds from my date.. 15th March!! Came off the phone feeling completely fobbed off, and yes I’ll still have to wait!! Very poor customer service... How do they get away with it? My credit card is now going to try and claim on my behalf. Never again
Do not book a thing with these cowboys as they never refund your money and send generic emails when you try to find out any info. What a joke of a company
hotel is closed due to Corona virus so they are unable to provide the holiday we paid for but refused to cancel holiday and have cancelled hotel and are still making us pay for flight's they also cancelled our atol protection we took out when we got the holiday. I've tried calling the premium rate number several times and calls just automated talk for ages then cut the call off. I have emailed several times to resolve this and my emails have been ignored if they don't refund my money I will be taking this to the small claims court. AVOID AVOID AVOID This company needs to shut down UPDATE 31/05/2020 My bank has since refunded me and now they are disputing it to try and keep my money when they haven't provided me with any service vile company DO NOT USE THEM
My daughter cancelled her holiday due to covid19 they have only given her a partial refund. And still took another £200 from her bank. Even after she cancelled it. She saved hard to have this holiday. Some thing has to be done about this rip off company. THE WORST COMPANY EVER 👉👉👉👉AVOID👈👈👈👈
Unable to supply us with the 4 star hotel that we booked,even though our hotel was unable for us to use due to it catching fire.
OnTheBeach are the worst company I have unfortunately ever has the misfortune to deal with. Practices are unethical and they operate with zero customer care. I wish I had never booked with them and recommend everyone avoids. At the time of writing I have had no response to my complaint; the ethics and customer contempt appear to go right to the top of the organisation. Thomas Cook customers - I guess you are going through enough stress at the moment - make sure you don’t jump out of the frying pan into the OnTheBeach fire!
Immoral practices. Resigned from abta so don't have to issue refund if fco advise against non essential travel. Change terms and conditions after booking. Avoid at all cost.
Have got refund for hotel and transfers bit no refund for flyights, however in contract stated that we are protected from any unpredicted circumstances...
On the Beach is rated 1.34 based on 170 reviews