Plusnet Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult
Read Plusnet Reviews

Tell us how Plusnet made you happy
Plusnet 1 star review on 1st February 2020
Mrs Parrott
Dene Luczkiewicz
More Photos & Videos
Plusnet is a scam! They take your money but don’t provide the service you paid for! You won’t be able to contact them!
They are simply robbing people with immunity! And your bank won’t help you! My advice to people is to never have anything to do with Plusnet! You’ll be sorry if you do!
Customer service is non existent.They messed up my direct debit payments and then blamed the bank! Eventually they admitted fault and i was told i would be contacted to resolve the issue within 48 hrs! 72 hrs later and not a word.Absolute garbage company once youve signed up.Complete disregard for customers.Do not sign up for anything from this company.A family member is having major trouble with tbem also.
It was good years ago.not so much now
Good value service and always a friendly voice if you have to call
I was a phone and Broadband customer of Plusnet. I left Plusnet on 24/06/2019 as a result of moving house and paid the final bill including early termination charges on 01/07/2019.

Plusnet then proceed to charge me additional early termination charge at the end of July 2019 which they did not tell me about until 24/06/2020 when I got an email from Plusnet.

Plusnet email asked me to get in touch to pay my outstanding balance of £0 on my account within 14 days of have my file referred to a debt colector agency. I got in touch with Plusnet on same day I got their email out of curiousity only to be told that my account had additional £57.08 in respect of additional early termination charges which has now been refered to a credit reference agency.

This a a very awful company, with awful billing processes trying to ruin a credit profile I have built up over the years.
Do not trust this awful company.
I was unhappy with Plusnet, because they always used to call with better deals and appreciated your custom and that is why I originally stayed loyal to them. After many years of being on contracts, I had foolishly allowed a contract to lapse, no call or email from Plusnet with an offer for a better contract and I was paying full price plus paying the line rental saver.
when I realised I was paying over the odds for my broadband I gave Plusnet a call. They offered a rubbish package with only a £5 saving for 18 month, in fact they first tried to tie me in for 24months, which was no good as new customers get a far better deal with line rental saver thrown in.
I almost went for it, but after a quick discussion with my husband, we decided against it.
I asked the representative to not to go ahead with the 18 month contract and cancel it as I felt I would prefer to leave when the line rental saver was almost up and not be penalised for leaving.
I have this call recorded thank goodness!
I have just received a bill for £102. They told me I was signed up to an 18 month contract! So even though they could see I was not receiving any reduction on my bill, they charged me the same amount as a non contract customer, then they have gone ahead and penalised me for leaving.
Off to the Ombudsman I go with my recording! I am disgusted with them, daylight robbers.
This company went downhill many years ago, poor customer service, rude staff, drop outs in connectivity, higher prices. I did not want to stay with them any longer, I think they are despicable trying to take penalty payments for a contract I was never on, never benefiting from any reduction in price, they are scoundrels.
If I was elderly, this would still be happening. You would think companies would tighten down on this bad practice, especially during the Covid tragedy. Yet they would seek to rip off a loyal customer of seven years.
I repeat, Do not trust this awful company.
Plusnet is genuinely the worst, it goes off every day and doesn't come back on after 10 minutes. the speeds are horrible and oh great it just went off again while writing this sentence. Seriously don't ever get Plusnet EVER
if you wish to be scammed and overcharged every month blatantly lied to and spoken to like a piece of dirt by incompetent rude staff like CHETEN (more like cheating) SCUM-net is the go to for the above. Definitely should not be working in customer services.
I gave Plusnet 4 weeks notice that I was moving home. Moved house and have had no internet or phone since moving in on the 3rd March. Plusnet have apparently arranged appointments with BT to connect us up, but the day just comes and goes with nothing done. We now have a 3rd appointment on the 16th for BT to connect us up. Not holding my breath. Oh and Plusnet no point answering this review with send us a message on facebook because I have and you haven't even read it 4 days later!
Dean was rude and did not explain the process to my satisfaction. I then asked to speak to another agent or supervisor for better support. Dean refused to do this and cut me off. He also logged the fault as a phone fault when I clearly explained to him the problem was with my bb speed. The engineer who checked the line confirmed that there was no fault with the line. This has resulted in a further 3-6 days in identifying the problem with the bb service plusnet is supplying to me.Plusnet is still unable to advise on how long it will take to fix the problem.
I was previously with bt never had a problem with my WiFi. Went to plusnet for a cheaper deal and we can no longer get a signal upstairs so unable to connect to anything. They sent an engineer because they said there was a fault on the line. The engineer said there was no fault. We have been with them 3 weeks and I can honestly say Its the worse decision i have made. If I terminate they have told me it will be £158 to get out of the contract.
Awful customer service; refused to accept that my bank account numbers were mine (doesn't quite match?). Waited for a manager to call back - never happened.
Nearly two months to close my account and they still haven't done it or refunded me - will never be with them ever again!
My elderly father had been with Plusnet for broadband and landline for ages but they kept increasing prices. They emailed saying to contact them to give 14 days notice if you don't accept latest price increase and want to swap. Arranged to swap to a company offering the same for half the price, clarified the swap date and gave notice in the exact manner Plusnet requested. Vindictively, Plusnet cut him off immediately after that call. My dad relies heavily on his landline, especially as very recently bereaved and expecting all sorts of calls relating to that. I hate Plusnet with a passion for adding to my dad's stress at a very difficult time, with no regard for customer service. Please AVOID.
Providing very poor customer service and very slow Internet
I had been with them for years and even recommended my ex to join them. I told them that I would leave them on 10th January. They are not happy and I waited 6 months for the broadband content and line rental to come close to each other - one on 12 January and 16th January. Now they sent me this demand even though I left them earlier than the expiry date. I left 2 days earlier and yet they have to penalise me for 24p and threaten to send in 3rd party collector!

***************************************************
You recently cancelled your services with Plusnet on 10th January 2020. We have been unable to take payment for your termination invoice associated with your account closure.

We'd like to remind you that payment is still due.

What happens next?

You are required to pay the balance of £0.24 in full within the next 14 days. If payment is not received, your account balance will be forwarded to a third party Debt Collection Agency which will incur an additional cost and may have an adverse effect on your credit file.

Just how nasty can PLUSNET, the one who wants to help THEMSELVES TO YOUR WALLET, get?
Left earlier by 1 day and Plusnet want to send in 3rd party debt collector for 24p and want to ruin my credit

***************************************************

We'd like to remind you that payment is still due.

What happens next?

Very poor customer service, for an elderly person. BEST AVOIDED!
Plus Net E mail will not sync properly with Windows 10, so had to use P/N webmail . What a hopelessly slow and cumbersome system it is. Outdated and not nice to use. I am not massively technically minded, but I know what is bad....and this is just that. Yes, I know about other providers, but why should it be necessary, I do pay for a service. (Could not answer below question about reply times, because they never did reply. I had to ring them, about three times...all inconclusive). People were nice....but still inconclusive.
Lost our internet connection , found the free Phone number for Plusnet & was pleased when an operator picked up after 15 / 20 seconds .
The first operator was unable to fix the problem and I presume he passed me on to a more experienced guy . He was very patient even when I was unable to answer some of the more technical questions . But after some five minutes he got to the bottom of what was one of the more unusual problems with in there technical systems .
Problem solved cheers guys ,
Maybe I was lucky , I hadn't wait long for an operator , the second guy had the ability to fix a more unusual problem & both personnel were very curteous , the operator even informed me that I might be paying more as my Broadband deal had expired and passed me to sales to renew if I wanted , which we did at a cheaper price .
So for us it was win win
Terrible service do not believe the adverts. Once they have you & your money they will slowly squeeze more & more out of you.
They don't update your account even when you move address.
Please do not go with this company they are a waste of space.
Plusnet is rated 1.35 based on 279 reviews