retailmerchantservices.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend retailmerchantservices.co.uk

Tell us how retailmerchantservices.co.uk made you happy
I was clearly told that, if I paid £299 for the machine, I would own it and never have to pay a rental again. I never did pay a rental again however, they now want the mahine back and say that I had paid for a membership and not for the mahine. I would not pay a penny for a membership with RMS. The poor service I received and lies seem to be very common with RMS.
Shame you can’t leave 0 stars. These guys are a bunch of thieves, avoid at all costs. I was attracted by extremely competitive rates, signed a contract in these rates but have now had them increased. You would think by changing a contract, you’d have the right to leave without penalty but as they’re a ‘membership’ and have the rights to adjust the terms from time to time without any protection for the user. So I either pay the far higher rates or pay £4.5k to leave. I will be taking them to court but be warned, stay away from RMS at all costs
The sooner this company goes under the better. They don't care about you or your company. Absolutely one of the worst companies i have had to deal with. Shop around and you will find better.
Scammers don't get a card machine from them.
I did the upgrade on my VX520 machine back in August and following that my machine wouldn’t work. I contacted customer service and got through to an overseas advisor. After a very frustrating half an hour during which I received such advice as to “disconnect Ethernet cable and blow on each end of the cable”I was then told my cable was faulty! I refused to accept this as I had used the cable to activate the upgrade so it couldn’t be faulty. After much huffing and puffing he finally sorted the problem out. The machine now prints out a receipt for every contactless payment which it didn’t do before and at the end of day batch it itemises every sale that has been taken that day. I am wasting rolls and rolls of paper. Despite a phone call to amend this it is still the same. After many many attempts to phone over the last ten days I finally got through today after waiting over half an hour. The minute I spoke the girl cut me off!, Thank you very much for that. I hope it made you feel good.
Poor response!!! No one to assist when faults happen! No service during weekends and long wait during weekdays!! Think twice before you choose them for your business!!!!!
Please trust everything written about these scum bags. Lie Cheat Fraudulently sign your name Bully you and threaten court action. Don't be frightened , trading standards know how bad they are so doubtful court action will occur.
I will start by saying that everything was fine until I had a problem with the hardware. It began on 28/7/21 when my card reader stopped working. I spoke to technical services the same day and was on the phone for over an hour to then be told that a replacement would be sent out but as I missed the cut off point of 3pm (this was at 3.10pm) I would have to have to wait 3 working days to receive it, I wasn't impressed by that, as our card sales have increased a great deal during the pandemic, and stated that fact. I did receive a letter two days later to say to avoid this situation occurring again they would charge me an extra £2.50 a month. I'm still waiting to receive a replacement device despite it being nine working days and phoning last Wednesday and AGAIN today,and I'm still waiting for a response.
Terrible company I have been a customer for around 12 years and I use to recommend them to everyone NOT anymore when my of my company directors left we changed all the details from his name to my name this was 3years ago and I change the name and address on the account when I changed the type of account I have I phoned them 3 weeks ago and they wouldn’t speak with me as I’m not the person on the account so I had to change all the detail again, I just phoned them to now talk about my account and surprise surprise the address is still wrong it took me 30 mins to get through and when I said I need to talk to someone about my account there was no one that could speak with me and a callback could wake upto 5 days this is just not acceptable I will now be cancelling my account and strongly advise others to do the same there are much better options out there they these jokers
Needed to ring customer services about installing a new upgraded machine. Service was beyond excellent from company representative Jason.
rubish service
as long as you don't believe a word they tell you and are happy to pay more than they quote you will be fine. The reason they tie you into a 3 year contract is they know if they don't you will leave so to the problems - Rep will turn up and offer you a better % rate than you are on but will not mention the interchange fees they add on which will make their rate much worse - then he will fill in lots of forms on his i-pad and present it for signing without you being able to read the forms (i found out later mine was 52 pages) he will put whatever he has to on the forms to get you to sign on the day on mine he put me down as a sole trader even though i told him it was a partnership - reason was i did not have my partners ID in the shop and if he does not sign you on the day he knows dam well you will have a chance to read the contract and never sign it. - so moving on the service was ok and the £'s arrived in my account within a few days i noticed i was paying more than with my last provider but life goes on and i just got on with it intending to revisit at the end of my contract then Covid hit and RMS showed their true colours being a small shop mandated to close we found that RMS wanted their pound of flesh and invoked the £20 minimum monthly fee - so with 10 months of my £15 a month contract to go i called to close the account and was told the closure fee was well over £800, when asked to explain the fee as in the remaining contract i would be paying them £150 they would not give a break down of fees - after talking to her manager they reduced the fee to just over £500 and i was told i could make an offer and she would put it to the manager - so i asked to talk to the manager and was told this was not possible - even though she just had. to sum up this company will lie and cheat to get you signed up offer no help in a pandemic then screw every penny out of you when you have had enough - DONT JUST DONT
Lying, theiving scum. Liars since day one. Left me without a working card machine for a month and a half last year costing me over £1500 in additional charges because I had to use iZettle machine or close my business. Now billing me for 3 different machines when the 2 non working ones have been returned.
After 10 years with RMS due to Covid we are shutting down costly contracts. RMS want me to pay over £1000 to cancel my agreement. Avoid this company at all costs!!!
Vish Chasama Was very helpful is assisting us with selecting the right products for our company. We always found him to be very professional throughout our dealing with him. I would have no hesitation in recommending him. Composite Door Solutions Ltd
Horrible experience. Few months after I started my small business, a small stall in a local ethnic market, their rep walked in claiming that the contract would be for 18 months only, also it could be canceled anytime. As I was alone and distressed (due to my own health conditions) I explained to him that I am not good with paper work(which was definitely the worst thing ever to do), he offered to do all the paper work himself on his tablet. I asked my neighbor stall holder if 18 months sounded good and she agreed. So I though it was good enough. My business never did well so I had to close it within a year. I rang RMS as I was told by the rep, but they told me I could not cancel it , however after explaining to different customer services people and explaining how the contract was sold, I was told that they have done their own investigation and their rep did not mislead. Surprise how did they decide that, I don't know since no one ever returned to me and asked for my details or situation for their investigation. However, I was given hope that after 18 months I could cancel it. Called back after two years, I was told that I entered a 48 months contract and I could not leave that without paying their fee which is equivalent to the outstanding contract payment. The customer advisor was so rude and stubborn that she refused to connect me to the manager stating that their is no other option so I could not speak to the manager. Also I noticed that whatever you mention to them that you were told previously by other customer advisor, they simply refuse that stating that it is not in the call notes.
I can't stress enough how bad this company is, we recently had a rep come round, promised they can save us on our monthly charge and also on transaction charges, they also said they would settle our existing card machine contract with another company...... Then when it comes to it, its all lies and they can't get you out of a previous contract at all! we are now paying for 2 machines with 2 providers!! The customer service is a joke, there's never anyone available who can actually help, just keep stringing you along, if you read and check online reviews you can see this is standard practice for these, don't be had, we now have an ongoing case, I'm losing time on a regular basis trying to resolve this
Horrible company. Terrible sign-up scam which makes you sign up for 3 years. Pushy salesmen. Horrible customer service. Shoddy terminals. Don't listen. Avoid please!
They are a very bad business to go with stay far away .Did not get card machine but still had to pay rental every 3 months
DON’T GO WITH THIS COMPANY. They lie, mis sell, pass your details onto another company, change your information you give and never call you back. They’ve now offered me 50% of the amount to come out which I’m NOT paying, No company should go through this and RMS need investigating. I’m now going to take this further. This was sent to RMS after I read the small print. This is due to being mislead and mis sold on the cost of your service, I was told that your costs would be a lot cheaper than my current provider, BUT on printing your terms off and reading with a magnifying glass I find that : 1. There is a standard monthly charge - I asked repeatedly when your office phoned to make an appointment in the first instance for your representative to visit me and told there wasn’t one, PLEASE listen to your recording between myself and your employee, I also repeatedly asked Theodore if there was a standard charge and told, no there wasn’t. I was mis sold by your office AND employee!!!!!! 2. I was not told there would be a £3 monthly charge for a paper bill, that I wouldn’t want. Again I was mis sold your services!!! 3. The card acceptance amount is no where near the amount I disclosed!!! Surely this is fraud on your employees information to yourselves?? Again I was mis sold your services!!! 4. There is a charge for fast payment of £2.95 monthly, BUT again wasn’t told about a fee of 30p??? Again I was mis sold your services!!! 5. What is this £9:99 membership price??? Is this for the terminal???? 6. Authorisation fee charge £0.035, I was told that for small businesses like mine he wouldn’t charge as it was not worth it for the amount I would put through.... This proves the amount for my turnover was not what I had told him!!!! WHAT a surprise I was mis sold again!!!!!! 7. I was not told that the agreement was for four years!!!!! No way would I have agreed to that.. I was mis sold again!!!!! 8. I have tried all morning to contact your office and Theodore, to be told I was number one in the queue, BUT no one answers !!!!!!!!! 9. I was told that your company would deal with my current terminal provider and pay any fees/ contract end fees, I would not be out of pocket.... After signing I was told as he was leaving to contact my provider by email!!!! AGAIN I was mis sold!!!!!!! I am extremely angry to find I have been repeatedly lied to, not only by your office but by your employee.. I am a very small business and sole trader, I would be £ down having to pay £20 a month!!!!! Let alone the other charges!!!!!! I asked if I could change my mind I was told that I could!! As I always like to read the terms and conditions of any contract/agreement fully... To find that there was in your agreement a no cooling off period???? I’m sure that by law everyone is due at least 14 days cool off period.... I await your immediate response to this CANCELLATION, I will cancel my direct debit as I will not require your companies services !!! AND I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR TERMINAL ON WEDNESDAY!!!! I think trading standards should be made aware of your companies mis selling of services!!!!!!
retailmerchantservices.co.uk is rated 1.32 based on 25 reviews