Revolut Reviews

of reviewers recommend Revolut
1.2
Based on 401 reviews
Live Chat

Tell us how Revolut made you happy
Revolut 1 star review on 23rd July 2022
Revolut 1 star review on 5th May 2022
Avish
Revolut 1 star review on 5th May 2022
Avish
Ridiculously expensive cash withdrawal fees. I've just left Revolut and transferred all my money and bills to Monzo
Offered £50 referral fee. Made out it was simple but when I chased it up they put so many conditions it was almost impossible to get it. Big Con don’t fall for it. Plus there is no one to talk to apart from chat which is very poor. Finally don’t go for the premium card. The travel insurance is basic and can not be upgraded and the airline lounge we tried to get into in Italy did not exist or was in another terminal.
In June, Revolut deactivated my account and asked me to withdraw money from it immediately. I did it. In July, Revolut asked me to replenish my account for paying the service fee for my account (£6.99), which was deactivated in June. I tried, but it was impossible. I was deprived of the opportunity to perform any operations with my account, including replenishing it. I can't even close my account. However, Revolut keeps sending me threatening messages: “If you can’t fund our account using any of the above methods, we will have to turn to third-party companies to collect debts.” Conclusion. Even if you managed to get your money back from Revolut, don't think it's a win. Revolut will continue to charge money for maintaining your account, on which all transactions are prohibited, and which has a zero balance, which you cannot close. Revolut requires you to fund your account. At the same time, Revolut prohibits any replenishment of funds in your account. Bravo Revolut!
worst customr service ever. they think technology will replace the human trust that banks where selling to people for decades. this is the number one reason that we'll be reading in couple years about the Downfall of Revolut.
I made a transfer to Ukraine of 65 euros from Europe, but the recipient received only 35 euros. In support, they told me that 30 euros is the commission of the intermediary bank. They don't know the name of the bank. When sending the payment about such a commission was not warned. How is it even possible to take 45 % of the money? I don't recommend any international transactions with Revolut!!!!
Revolut are absolute thieves. They need their banking license revoked.
I put €100 in my account and they wont let me make any payments with it or transfer the money out and they wont explain why to me. They straight up just stole €100. Wtf??
terrible service i have waited 2 months with no response from revolut about the fraud of 5,300. i am still awaiting the investigation I have provided evidence of the actual scam that has occurred and the fraud that has taken place. my next option is to take revolut to court if financial ombudsman do not resolve my case.
We have opened a business account as a company. We got verified for merchant account and payment gateway for our eshop. WE did custom IT integration and payed for it out of our own pocket. After 3 transactions we got suspended, it was in the middle of our busiest season. We wrote to Revolut support to re-enable our account. However after 4 days of submitting various documents we got permanently declined (out transaction account got closed for good). Without stating reason or a comment why, or what was the problem, or any way forward on how to appeal whom to contact. The only response we have received was that: Our merchant account clojure is permanent irreversible, and they cant tell us why or provide any reason for shutting us down. Simply the worst support experience you can have, They have cost us a lot of money. Terrible service, no usefull answers ir information, nothing you can do, you are unable to contact them. Never trust Revolut they dont care about your business or you at all, they are not a partner.
I was called by a number that had the exact same number as the ministry of justice in the UK. Unfortunately, it was a scam and they claimed that I was found guilty because of tax violations. Importantly, they knew everything about me such as my postcode, address details, etc. Being suspicious at that moment, I got convinced when they let me verify the number from gov.uk's website. Unfortunately, I have done a sequence of payments in the amounts of 2000-2500 pounds and I lost more than 10K pounds. The scammers told me that my bank accounts in the UK have been warned regarding the matter and while doing these huge chunks of payments, there was not any warning given by revoluts application at all. I called the same number 15 mins later and when I called it back, I was connected to the real ministry of justice and then, I spotted that it was a scam. Contacted revolut and from the online chat, made a chargeback request because of not being warned at all. Provided all the screenshots regarding the calling number and the documents to them and I was told by them I will receive a response in 3-5 weeks which was like a joke. After some research, issues related to scams have been resolved by local banks in just a couple of days and they get reimbursed most of the time. After some time, someone appeared in revoluts chat and told me that they will not reimburse the money for not specifying any reason. I told them that I lost my entire money and had a very tough situation because of having a wedding in 2 months as well. In short, revolut accounts are not safe and their fraud detection mechanisms are lacking security and they do not offer any help once you are subject to fraud. The only thing that they ask for is to provide a chargeback form and keep you waiting which ends up with misery in the end. It is absolutely clear that their fraud prevention and customer service are extremely poor. Highly suggest you use a local bank or more reliable ebanks that do not leave you alone in cases of fraud. I will provide you with further information if anything positive or negative happens with revolut and the situation.
I couldn’t use a Danske debit card to add money to Revolut so I contacted them. Almost two hours in the chat and 2 different agents in and still didn’t get it sorted. If you make a comment in the chat don’t expect a response straight away!! It may take the agent 10mins or so! The agent asked me for my first 6 numbers of my Danske bank card!! Beware people .
Revolut 1 star review on 23rd July 2022
I submitted clear photos of my work permit and visa for verification many times, but kept getting rejected. I started a chat with a customer service agent... and promptly had my account deactivated with no explanation. Horrible experience.
So grateful they refunded my weekend charges!!!! I mean it's kind of my fault for not noticing there's this weekend charges, and I was not exchanging a small amount of money, but a lot, so making the weekend charges huge. When I complained to the customer support, they refunded me immediately as a good will!!! I'm so happy! FYI, I'm a metal premium card user, not sure if it's relevant.
Revolut is great for making small payments when travelling, but the customer service is abysmal. Copy and paste answers and long waiting times, sometimes many hours, on the chat when something goes wrong.
Terrible!!! I have £1042 in a bank and they limited my account, which did not allow me to make payment or transfer. Tried to contact the team but got no response from them. FS
The customer service is not helpful. They request unnecessary information to keep you busy. Give you answers for questions you do not ask and are not interested in find a workaround nor a sustainable solution.
Very poor service
Not very helpful people working at the chat app. They make you feel like a Ping Pong ball and 0 solutions given
Worse company they stole from me and they said they can’t refund and they scam us and never got my money back
This has to be the worst app!. I have been locked out of my account because I can't receive a pin they have sent to an old number. I tried to reset twice (uninstall and reinstall as per their instructions), tried to authenticate my account 3 times and can't speak to a live agent because I can't get into the damn app!!!! I have money sitting in this account I need to access and can't get to it!
Revolut is rated 1.2 based on 401 reviews