Rieker Shoes Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend Rieker Shoes
1PM
1PM

Tell us how Rieker Shoes made you happy

"After wearing Rieker ankle boots for less than 3 months the sole of one split. Took them to be resolved at cobblers which has not worked. Told Rieker shoes/boots aren’t designed to be repaired. Contacted Rieker to be told ‘We can confirm that the soles are manufactured in such a way as to be as light and flexible as possible. This design can mean that mending/repairs is not always possible as you cannot nail/glue to the sole’. For light and flexible read cheap and shoddy. Incredible that in this day and age a manufacturer is designing a product which is not fit for purpose."
Are you Rieker Shoes? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Rieker Shoes receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Bought a pair of walking shoes on Wednesday 7 November and wore them for the first time on Friday 9 November. Very comfortable walking in town but then it rained and after a while I realised I had one wet foot. Phoned the shop where I bought them and was told they are not waterproof and needed to purchase a spray waterproofer. Shoes cost £57 spray £12.95. When you buy walking shoes in November you don't expect to get wet feet. Very disappointed."
"Bought a pair of Reiker women's tall Greece Schwartz boots for $150 from walking on a cloud. Wore them for only 4 months and they started ripping along the seam at the sole. Walking on a cloud would not do a thing to compensate me. Sent two emails to Reiker hoping they would stand behind their product and they didn't even answer me. Purchased another pair of boots from Walking on a cloud by Remonte for $200 only to find out after that they are made by Reiker as well. Argh!!! $350 down the drain as I wait for these to fall apart."
"Mens boots bought Sept 2017 but only worn for 6months not for work just as and when . The heels fell apart returned them to shop would offer replacement only offer 20percent off new pair not good enough."
"I-am propus sotiei o pereche de ghete Rieker(Ghete casual dama Rieker negru 339,99 lei), pentru ca pana acuma am fost foarte multumiti, cumparand aproximativ 10 perechi de la aceasta firma. Ghinionul, sau posibil sa fi scazut calitatea datorita succesului in vanzari, m-a facut sa primesc o pereche care m-a dezamagit din punct de vedere al calitatii. Lipitura itre talpa si material cu mici scapari, cusatura de pe fata ghetei drepte stramba (cea care da aspectul), materialul de pe gheata dreapta de calitate mai slaba( pielea intoarsa tunsa mai badaran), iar in interior, blana de pe talpa pusa in sensuri opuse astfel ca in cizma dreapta cand itroduci piciorul, blana face trpte, iar in cea stanga, cand scoti piciorul face niste trepte care apoi sub greutatea piciorului probabil se aseaza. Nu e la nivelul la care m-am asteptat, iar pretul nu e chiar mic. Mi-a stricat ziua. Am vrut sa-mi comand si eu ,dar m-am razgandit."
"Was not sure about boots l purchased so took back unworn 30 minutes later no refund offered, refered to small notice on wall dispite me saying l was not sure , the shops l normaly go to would do a refund never shop there again now have usless 60 pound credit note not happy be warned not good customer service sent email no result yet"
"Very comfortable but after 2 weeks the blue dye is flaking off the leather between the sole and the upper. They are men’s blue mesh shoes. The dye is not through the leather but painted on. Or maybe it is white plastic with a coat of blue paint. Either way it is cheap and unsightly."
"Super comfortable for any shape of feet, light weight, great design, last for years, good price, hard to find them now days in Calgary :-("
"The Manager was very helpful and did his best to assist my partner and I. We both bought a pair of shoes and were very pleased as they were so comfortable."
"Bought tan fur lined boots after wearing them a few times they were comfy and warm. But soon as it rained not heavy rain either my feet were soaked. And to top it off the fronts of the boots has peeled i paid £100.for these boots wasn't worth it all shocking i am very angry and disappointed. I have emailed rieker but not yet had a reply i would like a refund ."
"The boots I bought were very comfortable, but first time out in the rain - actually, heavy drizzle - they leaked like a sieve. I wasn't expecting them to be waterproof, but I was expecting them to have at least some resistance to the rain. To make matters worse, the shop I bought them from - Mr. Shoes in Norwich - were unwilling to give me a refund on them, and would only give me a credit note. All in all, a very bad experience, that ended up wasting a lot of my time. Not happy."
"shoes actually fell apart after wearing them half a dozen times at most!! both soles seperated completely from the uppers absolute rubbish quality and I for one will never buy another pair of rieker shoes"
"The shoes I bought were torn and the seams went loose and the soles were taken off in 6 months I was wearing them. Too bad."
"Would give them a 0 if not for the design and comfort of the shoes which are both excellent. Customer service is atrocious. Sent two emails to their on line address and did not receive responses to either or to the phone call and message I left. Shoes wore out in the heels after about 25 times wearing. None of my other shoes have EVER done that. Ended up contacting the store in Nova Scotia where I bought them and they tried to help, but Reiker simply called it "wear and tear" without even considering the possibility of a defect. Won't be buying their shoes any time soon for sure."
"They are comfortable shoes.& l shall be buying other pair"
"They are very comfortable and elegant as well"
"They fit like a glove, even with my bunions, so my feet are so happy!!"
"I bought a pair of Rieker shoes (Odyssey) in late Nov. 2017. I wore them twice, in dry weather, & was delighted with them - they were light to wear & extremely comfortable. I wore them for the third time in January 2018. Light rain was falling, & the pavement was damp. I walked a distance of no more than 200 yards & my feet were wet through. I immediately returned them to the shop (Clinkards) from which they were purchased. I was refused a refund, but the manager agreed to contact Rieker to ask if your company would reimburse me. You declined to do so, your response being that the shoes were not faulty. The shoes leak through stitching around the sole which cannot be seen from above. To all appearances this item of footwear is an outdoor town shoe of the type worn in autumn & winter (as Clinkards conceded). While I do not expect a town shoe to be technically waterproof (that is something I expect in walking boots), I do expect it to be water resistant, & if it is not, I would expect there to be a clear indication that it should not be worn outdoors if there is any risk whatsoever of rain. If this shoe is not technically faulty, it is certainly not fit for purpose."
"I bought a pair of fur lined knee high boots l have worn them 5 times and all the tops are peeling of l bought them from the rieker shop which is now closed so couldn't take them back l wrote to the customer service to complain about them only to get a reply back telling me they didn't what to know some customer service! Won't even look at reiker footwear again also making sure my friends don't get any of there substandard footwear which is not fit for purpose."
"Went along to my local Rieker store for their Autumn/Winter season launch. Bought 3 pairs of leather boots which are lovely and comfortable and were very competitively priced. Great atmosphere, discounts and free cakes too."
Rieker Shoes is rated 2.59 based on 22 reviews