SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Read SheltaPod Reviews

hannah@sheltapod.com

Tell us how SheltaPod made you happy
Faulty product. For one fault we were given a small discount and asked to arrange the fix ourselves. Poor customer service (no response) when contacting them about the second product fault.
Great product great service
Needed a spare part, contacted Sheltapod via their website. Got a response pretty quickly directing me to exactly where I needed and what I needed. Excellent customer service!!
It's strength is also it's Achilles heel. The quirky design aims to allow you multiple configurations. Nice. However, introduce a spot of wind and Sheltapod becomes a sail. The side panels (although removable) and canopy capture the wind. The space between van and pod become something of a windsock. It's a fair weather piece of kit. I have a med roof Transit which means my awning rail is at about 2.4m height....too high to achieve an apex on the canopy, therefore it puddles up there very quickly and leaks where the pole touches. Driving away then reconnecting at this height is very difficult, but (BUT), Sheltapod comes with straps that you can hurl over the van and peg the other side. Bit of a bodge but it works (until the wind starts again.....suggestion.....fix a couple of strap attachments in the middle of the canopy so you can fix it down the other side and reduce the wind flappage!). I erected mine single handedly in failing light, watch the videos, it's quite straightforward. Downsides? For fair weather use really (all my poles have bent in the wind...first use and they're £25 each!!! to replace) and not so good with Med high roof. I'm unconvinced by Sheltapod, it takes up a lot of room but doesn't really give you as much space as you'd expect. I look forward to erecting it on top of a Cornish clifftop looking out towards the sunset with the bbq going.... I doubt I'd take it back to Cumbria.
Hi Mitch Thanks for your feedback. With regards to the pooling of water on your canopy, we would recommend that you lower the vertical telescopic poles to create a slope so that the water runs off the canopy. The poles will take on a slight bend to make the structure of the SheltaPod work but if you feel they need replacing we can send you some replacements - just email us at info@sheltapod.com. We also have a clearance on the aluminium poles at the moment so they are half price. Thanks
We have found it to be a fair weather piece of equipment. Our experience based on 5 separate occasions is it doesn’t work well in wet n windy conditions. Whilst the video shows it to be easy to erect, which I guess was based on repetitive practise we found the reality to be different. The pins that fit into the poles are fiddly, the tent does not easily slide over the poles especially when wet. All in all a impulse purchased which has its place, just not for us.
Bought this nearly a year ago but we only had our first campervan trip last weekend due to COVID restrictions ☹️ The Sheltapod is very well made and extremely versatile. We had to put it up in windy conditions which made it a bit tricky and definitely took two of us as it wanted to fly away. Winds forecast to get up to 40mph and we were a bit worried about it surviving but thanks to the many guy ropes it held up perfectly. We put the awning into a rail we have attached to the van which left a large open space between the van and the pod but with the privacy panels this helped with adding more shelter from the wind and rain. We might try to take the awning over the van next time to bring it closer as some sites are very fussy about space for awnings and that is what is so good about the versatile nature of the pod. You can really tell this was designed by someone who has used awnings before and solved all the problems that they came across. Lastly I love the bright orange colour, so much better than the dull grey of our last one and makes you feel it’s sunny even in the lashing rain 😆 Thank you for such a well thought out product
Brilliant service and product. Really quick delivery and it's better than it looks on the website and really well designed bit of kit.
We found it was easy to erect and provided the right amount of cover we wanted for our pod caravan. Stood up well to the bluster of coastal breezes with rain during a break-in Cornwall. We appreciated the lightweight and lack of bulk when we packed up. the opportunity to use it again has not occurred due to lockdown but waiting to get going again, shortly.
This is purely a review regarding delivery as I have not yet been able to use the SheltaPod due to the national lockdown. It is still sitting in the box it came in. I ordered the pod on 6th August but did not receive it until mid November. I was surprised that there was a 60 day lead time normally and only found that out after the initial order (see below). The delivery time then continued to increase for various reasons. I was updated after my initial query and offered a black out blind free of charge and am conscious of the issues but to be honest, if I had known of the long delivery time (before the delays) I would not have ordered this product. Thank you for your purchase! Hi Mark, Your order has been received. We will notify you when it is ready for delivery and we will send out a notification when your order is shipped. Delivery is approximately 60 days but we working hard to shorten the waiting time.
Delighted with the service. Sheltapod arrived within 2days.delighted with the service. Thank you
I have been very impressed with the excellent service provided from the initial enquiry into the Sheltapod and throughout including the extra products I have purchased. I also like the advice and service that comes with its user community on Facebook
Thanks for the lovely feedback, Philip!
I suppose the timing was just wrong but I pre-ordered this item way back in September 2020 and it's only just arrived. Six months was just too long to wait I guess so I purchased an alternative during that time which I decided to keep in preference to the Sheltapod so I emailed them to arrange a return. After a slight delay, they did get back to me and they agreed on a full refund. The Sheltapod does look like a great versatile design although I'll reserve judgement on how easy/difficult it is for a single person to erect, especially in any kind of wind.
Hi David, as we explained on the email, when you placed your order it was for a Pre-Order for April delivery, however, we have agreed to accept your return and to issue the full refund. We apologise it took us two days to get back to you and hope you are satisfied with this resolution.
Great design with numerous options for how much to "build". Well made. Not the quickest to erect despite practise, especially if windy. Plastic windows collect condensation. Great improvement if there was a zip between the roof panel connecting to the van and the rest of the pod - this would enable the roof panel to form a simple awning as a further option.
Thanks for taking the time to review, Richard. A new feature was introduced with the 2020 model so now there is a zip-close front to replace the clip in front door panel. If you haven't seen it already, you may find our set up video helpfull: https://youtu.be/Sv-fOk9VdRo
Brought the pre used one and it has arrived in as described condition so I'm very happy with it. Sadly only been able to try it half up at home rather than get out in it this year. But looking forwards to using it properly next year. Arrived promptly and was well wrapped. Great purchase
Thanks Nicola! Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase and hopefully you'll be out in it before too long :)
Hello Sheltapod! I have only put up my lovely green pod a couple of times as camping was so reduced this year - I struggle on my own with the poles but I saw the video again so leaning one end against the tires of my van will help next time! Loads of room for post-Covid socialising and/or putting up guests but for the time being the pod provides welcome shade and privacy - superb invention. I put a little row of cotton bunting up in the entrance :) I wonder if Sheltapod could ever be manufactured in UK? The many oil miles by cargo ship from China made me wince... Best regards Sally
Hi Sally, thanks for your review and feedback. It's great to hear you have been getting some use out of the SheltaPod this year. UK manufacture could be a possibility one day, we want to move SheltaPod forward in the most environmentally conscious way we can.
Everything good out of box. Wife impressed, she was dubious at first as not a normal motorhome awning. Only part requiring extra effort is the fitting of poles through awning a bending to give initial shape, though once done a few times is easier! Bought this due to fact it can be utilised for other vehicles through different fitting options. Also looks different to all other awnings etc out there, which i like. I considered it good value for money before i bought it & i still feel the same. All in all, a great product.
Thank you, Steve!
Great pod really pleased with the quality and the extra space it gives us.
Thanks Sally, glad to hear the SheltaPod ticks the boxes!
I found the Shelterpod very well made. It can be fiddly too put up by your self. But with practice it gets easier.
Thanks for leaving a review. If you haven't seen it already, watch our set up video which should help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-fOk9VdRo&feature=emb_title
I bought a second pair of extendable poles for my second awning. The delivery was very quick but I thought the delivery charge was a bit steep!
Thanks for your feedback, Andrew. We will review the delivery charges.
Efficient service & great product.
Thank you, Helen! Hope you have had some outings with it this summer :)
SheltaPod is rated 4.32 based on 222 reviews