SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Read SheltaPod Reviews

hannah@sheltapod.com

Tell us how SheltaPod made you happy
We have found it to be a fair weather piece of equipment. Our experience based on 5 separate occasions is it doesn’t work well in wet n windy conditions. Whilst the video shows it to be easy to erect, which I guess was based on repetitive practise we found the reality to be different. The pins that fit into the poles are fiddly, the tent does not easily slide over the poles especially when wet. All in all a impulse purchased which has its place, just not for us.
This is purely a review regarding delivery as I have not yet been able to use the SheltaPod due to the national lockdown. It is still sitting in the box it came in. I ordered the pod on 6th August but did not receive it until mid November. I was surprised that there was a 60 day lead time normally and only found that out after the initial order (see below). The delivery time then continued to increase for various reasons. I was updated after my initial query and offered a black out blind free of charge and am conscious of the issues but to be honest, if I had known of the long delivery time (before the delays) I would not have ordered this product. Thank you for your purchase! Hi Mark, Your order has been received. We will notify you when it is ready for delivery and we will send out a notification when your order is shipped. Delivery is approximately 60 days but we working hard to shorten the waiting time.
I suppose the timing was just wrong but I pre-ordered this item way back in September 2020 and it's only just arrived. Six months was just too long to wait I guess so I purchased an alternative during that time which I decided to keep in preference to the Sheltapod so I emailed them to arrange a return. After a slight delay, they did get back to me and they agreed on a full refund. The Sheltapod does look like a great versatile design although I'll reserve judgement on how easy/difficult it is for a single person to erect, especially in any kind of wind.
Hi David, as we explained on the email, when you placed your order it was for a Pre-Order for April delivery, however, we have agreed to accept your return and to issue the full refund. We apologise it took us two days to get back to you and hope you are satisfied with this resolution.
I used my sheltapod for the first time this weekend. I thought it was rather poor quality for the money. The fabric feels thin, and unlikely to last for long. One guy rope was only 2 foot long, so I had to replace it. One of the catches on the bag snapped as I was doing it up. The privacy screens don’t fit very well, and the clip is tiny and not at all robust. I am not very happy at all
Hi Jilly, we're sorry you were not satisfied with the SheltaPod, we will be processing your return shortly. All the best, SheltaPod Team
I got a very prompt and helpful reply to my email enquiry,and the parcel was despatched and arrived very promptly, all of which was very much appreciated. But I was surprised at having to buy two replacement vertical poles, when I have only damaged a plastic sleeve on one pole, and I felt that the £15 carriage charge was on the steep side. Overall however, I continue to be a great fan of the SheltaPod product and service! Thank you, Annie
Thanks, Annie. Your feedback is noted. Hope you have many more camping opportunities this year :)
Prefer previous model, this is the 3rd I have had and I prefers the 1st and 2nd models to this version. The 2nd was the best as it like the 1st had a fixed back and solid floor (not net) and the both had a fully zipped front which is far better than a 3/4 zip and Velcro ☹️ Also the Material of the latest version if something is left against it on the outside it rubs and work out the fabric which the previous versions did not, so poor Choice of material. However I do like the The canopy top on the new one it’s a shame that this was not part of the older version as that would have assisted in protecting the other two which both split after a few years but no reason whatsoever. It’s a real shame that you changed the design and the second version I had that had a solid floor Vents in the side as I think that was probably the best one so far on your new model with the Velcro front I have twice now had to let my neighbours cat out as he can get in under the Velcro. vents in the side as I think that was probably the best one so far on your new model with the Velcro front I have twice now had to let my neighbours cat out as he can get in under the Velcro. Because of this I do not think I will be buying another which is a shame as I have recommended it to many people but I can’t recommend this one. Kind regards Paul
Love the design 100%. I’ve got the grey one but for me it’s just too much of a fiddle to set it up and get it square and even during pegging out. Maybe I have a duff one that doesn’t sit right even on flat ground? Trust me, as ex forces I’ve put up numerous designs of tent but my Pod just doesn’t play the game! Just glad I’ve got my Vango Airbeam that goes up first time every time in half the time!
Hi Lyndon, sorry to hear you've had some problems with the set up. Have you seen our set up videos on the website? If you give it another go and would like some tips and advice then please do get in touch, we're happy to help. Thanks
Takes a long time to erect properly compared to our full size airbeam awning and, to be honest, offered little storage space when we toured France for a few weeks last year - available for someone to buy secondhand!
Hi Mike, sorry to hear that SheltaPod did not meet your needs.
I bought this as I thought I could put it up on my own but unfortunately in spite of the video I really struggled with it. I only used it a couple of times. I wasn’t that impressed so I sold it
We're sorry to hear you had difficulties with the SheltaPod. We have made significant improvements to the SheltaPod since the 2017 model so hopefully any of those problems you were having with it have been ironed out.
Not as useful as hoped, looking to sell it.
Sorry to hear that Sheltapod didn't meet your needs. Thanks for taking the time to review.
Essential parts broke during first use rendering the Pod worse than useless, these were replaced eventually but not much use a month after they were needed.
Hi Peter, sorry to hear you didn't get those replacements soon enough. We've made lots of improvements since 2017 so breakages are now rare. We hope you've had some use out of it since then.
Loved the idea but in practice the pod is positioned so far from the campervan that the unit is too big for most campsites. We toured with the idea of getting the joining bit reduced but haven't done anything about it.
Hi Marian, thanks for taking the time to review. We will email you with a workaround to narrow the gap between your vehicle and the pod.
Stylish but not very practical
Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to review and sorry to hear the SheltaPod has not suited your needs.
It is a delightful little awning in so many ways but we find the bending of the rods before poking them into the rings darn near impossible without a lot of extra handa to assist. So we have never used it for real though we have lugged it with us optimistically on longVW trips.
Hi Lillias, let us help you with that so you can make use of it next time you are away. We will email you with some tips. Thanks for reviewing :)
Product is OK, not as simple to use as expected, connects to most things with different attachments. First one had a hole in had to pay £18 to return the item before a new one was dispatched no offer of refunding of the postage, think I'd pay a bit more and get something different
Love the look of this awning and is useful extra space. However, quite tricky to assemble and definitely needs two people to do it if there is any wind. It is too wide for some campsite motorhome pitches.
Thanks for the review and hope you are enjoying the SheltaPod. W'd advise checking campsite websites for pitch size - you may need a jumbo pitch.
Completely wrong for us. Found it claustrophobic and cramped, with more than two people in it. The igloo shape restricts your headroom and seems to create wasted space. Would like to sell it really. Probably suits lots of others, but certainly not us. Sorry. Very well made and nice and lightweight. Not all negative. Probably suit younger campers.
Hi Christine, sorry to hear SheltaPod wasn't right for you but thank you for your review.
The product arrived on time as agreed and is well made. We found the pod took to long to erect as we have a campervan and sometimes only stay one night.. So only used once now in the loft. If time is not the problem then there is no issues.
If you decide to give SheltaPod another go, it's much quicker to put up the second time. Once you have done it a few times it can be put up in 10-15 minutes. Thanks for reviewing :)
Spacious and good standing height. In heavy rain the round window leaked and the awning area between the van and the pod was too much, i.e. The roof sagged with rain and the van enterance wasn't protected.
Hi Claire, sorry to hear you've had some issues with SheltaPod. We have emailed you directly to offer some help and resolution to these issues.
Easy to put up however, not practical in windy locations as connectors tore and guy ropes are quite flimsy so disappointed with the quality of the product as we will need to replace already.
Hi John, sorry to hear you have had problems with your SheltaPod. We have emailed you directly to offer some resolution you the issue. Thanks
SheltaPod is rated 4.33 based on 221 reviews