SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Read SheltaPod Reviews

hannah@sheltapod.com

Tell us how SheltaPod made you happy
we purchased a sheltapod first then a short time after purchased the privacy panels. on using the pod last time we discovered that the zip was broken on the inner tent, but due to being just out of warranty, we were given no help
Hi Kerrie, sorry to hear that you did not feel help was available to you. As the purchase was made over 1 year prior to the problem being reported it was out of warranty but we can certainly advise and oversee the repair. As mentioned in our email at the time, if you send us some photos of the zip we may be able to help identify the problem and speak to our repair team. Of course we want you to be completely satisfied with your SheltaPod and we will do what we can to help. Thanks :)
Great idea but in practice not great. Takes too long to build and you can’t stand up in it when the inner tent is in. Think we’ll be trading it in...
Hi Louise, sorry to hear the SheltaPod doesn't quite meet your requirements. If you want to give the SheltaPod another go, we'd be very happy to give you some advice and tips on set up.
Disappointing. Difficult to put up. Poles awkward, we had to buy a replacement for one which broke. Needs sizeable level pitch. Have not used it as much as we had anticipated. Great idea but not the ideal campervan extension we'd hoped for.
Hi Elinor Thank you for taking the time to review us. We have responded with some suggestions to help. Thanks SheltaPod
Nice Design , Good Idea . But difficult to build up .
Hi, if you'd like to get in touch with us about any particular difficulties you're having with the set up, we'd be happy to give you some tips to make it easier for next time.
Need to practice putting it up a few times before you get to a site, practice required to get poles into place. Good once up and gives you flexible space.
Thanks for reviewing! If we can help with any particular set up issues then please let us know, we're here to help.
I really liked the idea of the shelta pod but I returned it as it simply does stand up to slight British weather. I Also did not find it easy, rather unenjoyable to put up. If you could guarantee every time I went camping there was no wind or any rain at all then maybe I would have kept it. I purchased two of the sheltapods, one for a friend. He had the same view as myself but he decided to keep it as one that stays on the van for the odd days we do at summer. I believe the shelter pod has been updated since I had mine and they have listened to purchasers, to rectify problems. I can’t comment on the updated pods but I hope they are more stable now as I think the idea is great and I wish them the best.
Love the concept, not the easiest to put up but once it is up I love it, one bug bear is that the metal poles seem to take shape of the curvature and stay curved, this could be rectified by using fibreglass poles, already had a free set sent but had to return faulty ones first! still have curved poles but cant be assed with your process to end up in the same scenario.
Hi Dean We have tried to contact you directly to offer some replacement poles free of charge without the need to return the old ones. Can you please get in touch through info@sheltapod.com to confirm your details are still the same. Thanks
zips too flimsy and does not hold up well to the weather so not much cop for us on British camping trips. Wasted my money. I did report this feedback at the time but heard nothing back which I thought was very disappointing for a small company.
Hi Deborah, we apologise that you did not get a reply to your original email. We appreciate you taking the time to feedback and your points were taken into account in the production and specifications of more recent models.
SheltaPod is rated 4.32 based on 222 reviews