SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Read SheltaPod Reviews

hannah@sheltapod.com

Tell us how SheltaPod made you happy
I found the service really good, haven't been able to use my Sheltapod yet, but really looking forward to setting it up and enjoying camping again.
Thank you! Hope you can get out there soon!
Good quality product just as described. Excellent people to deal with. Good service and communication.
The service and delivery of my Sheltapod were excellent but unfortunately my timing was not. We are very keen to get out and try the product but because of the lock-down all we can do at the moment is sit and admire the item in it's bag.
Thanks Steve! Hopefully you will be able to put it to use before too long.
Very good service, fast delivery.
Thank you! :)
We love it, it’s so versatile and compact that we’ve had a lot of use out of it joined to our VW T5.
Fantastic, thank you!
Found the sheltapod really good and quick to erect after first couple of times Only issue is the side panels, we cant work out how to fit correctly
We will email you over some information which will hopefully help you with attaching the side panels. Thanks!
Prefer previous model, this is the 3rd I have had and I prefers the 1st and 2nd models to this version. The 2nd was the best as it like the 1st had a fixed back and solid floor (not net) and the both had a fully zipped front which is far better than a 3/4 zip and Velcro ☹️ Also the Material of the latest version if something is left against it on the outside it rubs and work out the fabric which the previous versions did not, so poor Choice of material. However I do like the The canopy top on the new one it’s a shame that this was not part of the older version as that would have assisted in protecting the other two which both split after a few years but no reason whatsoever. It’s a real shame that you changed the design and the second version I had that had a solid floor Vents in the side as I think that was probably the best one so far on your new model with the Velcro front I have twice now had to let my neighbours cat out as he can get in under the Velcro. vents in the side as I think that was probably the best one so far on your new model with the Velcro front I have twice now had to let my neighbours cat out as he can get in under the Velcro. Because of this I do not think I will be buying another which is a shame as I have recommended it to many people but I can’t recommend this one. Kind regards Paul
Too fiddly. Also 3 years later, I’m being pestered to write this review!!! Sure I opted out at least twice before
Hi, pitched two times, leaked two times and send back for refund. Rubbish!!
Brilliant bit of kit , inner tents stitching around zip isn’t great ,but don’t use that very often.
Love the design 100%. I’ve got the grey one but for me it’s just too much of a fiddle to set it up and get it square and even during pegging out. Maybe I have a duff one that doesn’t sit right even on flat ground? Trust me, as ex forces I’ve put up numerous designs of tent but my Pod just doesn’t play the game! Just glad I’ve got my Vango Airbeam that goes up first time every time in half the time!
Hi Lyndon, sorry to hear you've had some problems with the set up. Have you seen our set up videos on the website? If you give it another go and would like some tips and advice then please do get in touch, we're happy to help. Thanks
Excellent service, received within 3 days even to the Isle of Wight, good replies to any contact and questions. Recommend SheltaPod
Thanks Grahame :)
A very innovative and useful awning and stand alone tent- I was really surprised. It is easy to put up and the side panels make it a great camping option on its own. With some adaptation it is a good alternative to a heavy awning for trailer tents, one that packs away neatly and has a generous sun canopy section. I never saw it as a fishing bivvy, but as that is my main hobby I now use it as a stand alone two man luxury tent, or a fishing bivvy, or as an awning for my Conway Cruiser trailer tent. Only one gripe- the inner tent does not fit in the carry bag easily with everything else! I use a separate bag for that. Great alternative to the huge headache of a traditional trailer tent awning- my front locker is now less heavy as is an internal locker, with multiple alternative options. For camping and fishing I used two more poles so it is truly stand alone.
Hi Gareth It's fantastic to hear you are finding lots of uses for the SheltaPod and hopefully you will be out and about again before too long. Thanks for the review :)
Takes quite a deal of time to set up. The system works well in anything but wind, but the bag is very large with all the components. The biggest disappointment is the bag itself, which has already been shredded, and replaced with a higher quality canvas. Honestly on a $400 tent they should be able to figure out a decent bag to stuff it in.
Great addition to our camping adventures, love it..
Thanks, Richard. Glad your enjoying the pod!
The poles, no matter which way fitted, left the whole thing sitting lopsided; the tent appeared to have been stitched lopsided. We used the sheltapod twice. The first time, no wind, and other than lopsided, it was ok. The second time out, Pembrokeshire, a little wind - not gales - and the whole thing flapped around madly, even after we moved our truck and resited it - twice! At 3am we gave up and took it down - no one else on the site had any problems. It was very unsatisfactory, so we sold it when we came back from Wales.
Hi Jon, we're very sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with SheltaPod. If there was a manufacturing fault with the stitching and we had known at the time, we would have been able to offer you an exchange.
Sheltapod has been a great addition to my VW Campervan. The fact it packs up so small but provides great sun/wind/rain protection as it connects neatly to the channel on the side of the van. Further more when I go on trips with two other adults it has provided such a spacious sleeping compartment to relive space in the camper (also very handy as it is used by the one that has a tendency to snore!!)
Fantastic review, thanks Susan!
This shelter/tent combo is well made, gives me lots of options, and I can set it up solo!! I use it with my VW bus and my Honda Ridgeline, works great with both. Well designed, roomy, and makes me happy with the bright blue color. Have used it in early Spring (windy rain) and stayed dry and warm. Set it up to connect to your vehicle, but easy to disconnect, button up and drive off with no worries. I love my SheltaPod.
Thanks for the fantastic review, Kimberly!
We have used our Sheltapod on a few occasions with our camper. It is easy to put up and once pegged down , is very sturdy even in strong winds. We believe that it is very good value for the money and makes a great additional room for sleeping or cooking.
Thanks for reviewing, Paul. It's great to hear you are happy with your pod :)
Prima Sache. Sehr variabel einsetzbar.
Danke!