Simply Shutters™ Reviews

Over A Month
Read Simply Shutters™ Reviews

772-208-8245

1388 Commerce Centre Dr

Installed well, profession, but a blind broke off after only a few months and I can’t get in contact with anyone.
Very nice product but 5 months to wait is a bit much.
The overall experience was good however some of the specs when ordering the plantation shutters were written out incorrectly. We called your office to let you know of the error and the person who took the call was very unprofessional, mentioned "that they had already come twice", with a very rude tone, & that we would have to pay in full regardless of a few more steps that were missing with our Sliding door shutters. We were shock that he would even throw in our face that they had to come a 2nd time, which by the way, it was not our fault, the first time the installer tech's came over they left due to poor weather, and they told us they would not able to finish the work, therefore having to come a second time to complete the installation. In any rate, everyone else such as Dawn, and the installers were very courteous and friendly. I honestly did not get the gentlemen's name, but my recommendations is for some of your staff to get lessons in customer service and professionalism. We will be ordering more plantation shutters in the near future however due to that experience, I am not sure if we should order from you guys.
Shutter install went ok but some of the shutters are sloppy and don’t stay open. Tried to get a service call scheduled repair but no replies to my email. Disappointing
Crew was great. But...I feel we were mislead on the lead times. Shutters were nearly 6 weeks later than the sales person (owner) had promised at our initial meeting.
Shutters took much longer to arrive then originally anticipated. The quality of the shutters are very good. The wood finishing covering the track is two pieces glued together. You can see the seam, and I thought for the money I paid you could have done better.
If you are not in a hurry to have your shutters then I would say this company if OK. We ordered our shutters and they were a few months out which we knew, but because of the price we were willing to wait. Well, we waited and when they arrived one of the shutters didn't fit, and we were told there was nothing they could do to fast track our order even though the person who took the measurement mis-measured. We again waited a few months for delivery and when it finally arrived the day of the install, the installers didn't have all the parts. We had to wait to be scheduled yet another time until finally, they got it right. The shutters are beautiful and priced well. It's the service time that is lacking, and this was not COVID related.
Your company came to finally replace the caulking that did not set. The caulking you replaced it with also did not set on one side after being left alone to dry for 4 days. I had to go to Home Depot and buy a better product and fix it myself. The caulking you use ( in a bathroom setting) is inferior and unless you fix this problem you will continue to have people complain.
The shutters are as expected. They are good quality and look great. The installation was poor. The shutter frames were poorly trimmed to fit. The caulking was very poor. I can submit pictures for quality improvement if needed. Although I was not pleased with the installation process, I will order again. I will request that I install the shutters myself with a follow up inspection for warranty purposes.
No bottom fasteners
We have been trying to get a technicia. To come to our home and make some adjustments. Some shutters slats do not close properly and some shutters can't be open to clean windows because they swing shut unless propped with something so we havent been able to recommend them to others. Would really like to have a representative contact us. 772 774 8422 pls leave a message with contact information if we are not home. Thanks
The owner/rep who came to my mom to measure was a wonderful young man. I admire young entrepreneurs and that is why I selected this company. The quality of the product is good but your installers lack advanced carpentry skills. They carved a niche out of our baseboard for the board to butt up on a slider vs. carving the board.
I have a corner window with a slider that meets in the corner. The owner/rep didn’t raise the slider to a height above the window nor did he give me an option to upgrade the corniche. The standard corniche is a piece of poly wood that cheapens the look of the shutters. The Co did replace the slider with a longer shutter but again the installers lacked the finish skills and basically, I booted them out of the house. Please Give your installers some training.
I like the shutters but I don’t like that they are made in China! Very sad, should be made in the U.S.A. Keep Americans working, I’d rather pay more! Also was not very impressed with the installation person was in such a rush, and smeared excess caulking on window sills.
Shutters are good but installation was not done correctly.
There were some flaws we noticed with paint scratches and splotching. Holes were not patched up completely.
Our new shutters provide the look I sought at a very fair price. While I would rate the shutters themselves a 5, several things made an overall rating drop to 3.

Pros: polite and polished staff, overall look, quality, prompt responses to messages

Cons: some might find an 8-week wait inconvenient. Our shutters were to have the company’s patented blackout feature, but we discovered the first night we had no blackout. The shutters are adequate without the feature, but we had requested it. The actual installation caused our disappointment. The installers were professional and polite; however, they failed to inform me they would be removing the in-place bedroom curtain rods. The rods and curtains were in a jumble on the floor amind the dust and debris from removal. The walls (CBS construction) had 5 gouges up to 2 inches long and an inch deep. I repaired the damage with spackle and had a paint shop mix custom color.

I should have called to request repair. Given how well I had been treated, I feel the company would have offered consolation. Same in regard to blackout feature.

My husband and I will use this company again regardless of the above cons. I will, however, ask more questions.
Great product, but atrociously slow production and delivery. If you are not in hurry to get you shutters and don't mind waiting 2 or 3 month's to get them, then this is your company.
The first set of shutters were beautiful and perfectly installed. I will rate them excellent.
The second set were not installed as well and a few of them will not close tightly. I would rate that experience acceptable..
The product looks fantastic and we could not be happier with how they finish off the house. The installers were also very skilled at their craft and took the time to put in properly and professionally.

I would have given 5 stars, but the time to order to install was greatly under-quoted. I was originally given an 8-week install time, but by the time everything was completed it was more like 16 weeks.
The shutters are acceptable — the installation is disappointing.
Simply Shutters™ is rated 4.74 based on 847 reviews