smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Isela
Anna
smarTours 5 star review on 20th January 2020
Joseph
Nile cruise was a bomb...became ill from bad water in drinks... was sick for 4 days.
Diarrhea and throwing up was suffered by many people including myself and our daughter.
The guide was great. We loved the trip, but when your sick in 90 degree heat.. it became a trip of endurance.
smarTours 3 star review on 19th November 2019
Hotels were not great except for the last 2 nights in Athens
The tour itself was good. Travel arrangements both ways were poor. Couples not seated together and scheduling snafu on return directly responsible for missed flight and unscheduled overnight layover in Lima. This degree of traveling inconvenience makes it unlikely that we will choose smarTours in the future.
The tour guide tried to include too much in his explanations of the places we visited. He lost me many times with his
Portuguese. The add on excursions were not worth the price. Too few meals were also provided. This was my sixth Smartours and it was the worst I have been on. The guide was also not very considerate of the older clientele under he was called out.
Was not happy with the riverboat tour. Food was just OK. Excursions were OK. Having been on another riverboat cruise, this one paled in comparison. I love Smartours and have another trip booked for April, but I would not go on or recommend one of the riverboat trips.
The quality of this tour was not commensurate with previous smarTours I have taken. For example we were not given dinner after traveling all day and reaching a new destination past the dinner hour. The trip itself was not organized well in terms of the order we went to the cities. We should have started the trip in Lisbon and ended in a Porto. That would have made traveling easier
Air France cancelled.I think Smart Tours should have a prescence at the airport to facilitate our obtaining alternate flights.mMany of us weren't in any computers and had to fend for ourselves for hours to find another flight.The experience was lousy and anxiety inducing
Tour was fine; hotels were mostly average (except for the Downtown Camper in Stockholm); tour guide was fine. Way too much free time, especially in locations where there were little or nothing to do.
Taking 3 planes to arrive in Berlin was exhausting. A flight from Boston not JFK would have been much better. I will pay closer attention to this in the future.
Upon arrival at hotel we had about an hour to pull ourselves together for a walking tour of Berlin. It was too much on a travel day.
Our guide Oliver was very nice and considerate of our needs and comfort. Always counting and checking on us
Staying in only 3 hotels was very good.
The cruise on the river was hot and crowded. The staff cranky.
A death march back to the bus. Maybe over a mile walk in hot sun. Awful. !!
Overall it’s a trip I learned a lot
A pleasant group overall.
Smar mislead me in that you indicated a flight from Los Angles led me to assume a return to that city. However, the return flight first landed in San Francisco then on to LA. Had I know that, I would have scheduled my return flight to NYC from San Fran and saved myself a lot of time and arrived home at a reasonable hour rather than 5 am. I do not trust Smar. That info should have been made available to customers on booking.
To much time on the bus, and Nick the guide was boring. Cardiff was not good. Loved the border Collie‘s And sheep. Loved Stonehenge. Bus driver was fantastic but the bus sucked.
Information prior to trip was not thorough and phone calls to Smartours were not returned. The person on the phone said, "I am only temporary and don't know that answer.
Customer service was lacking. Contact with customer after booking is virtually non-existent. The tour itself was good, guide was knowledgeable and attentive.
Based on my experience, I would recommend this company as a basic, "you get what you pay for" type of company.
If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me.
Tour was nice but we missed the first day due to flight cancellation. Claimed loss on insurance but after 2 months received nothing. Still waiting for info from Smartours for 2 months.
We were given bad advice to not go to the airport when Swiss Air cancelled our flight. We were told the only flight available would depart the next day at 10pm which would have caused us to lose an entire day of our tour. We went to the airport anyway and got a flight out that same evening. We communicated our new arrival info to ST & still no airport pickup hotel transfer was made available. Had to pay out if pocket fir an expensive taxi and instead of being reimbursed we were told to make a claim with the insurance, as if we weren't adequately inconvenienced already. Apart from all of that. The tour was fine.
We enjoyed the UK tour but felt that it was more expensive than it needed to be because almost everything the group did together was free or low on the cost scale. Our other tours had more bang for our buck!
Tour guide Johnathan often walked far ahead by himself and was frustrated by some group members slowness. Very unhelpful in helping us find things to do in free time. Often gave misinformation and talked about all the famous people he knew. Didn't know many group member names, even after weeks together. A trip is only as good as its guide, and he was not great.
While our tour and tour director were great, several hotels were not air conditioned and the weather was the hottest recorded in Europe. American seniors should not be booked into hotels without AC.
My tour guides were both excellent, caring, and engaged; both projected genuine enthusiasm about the sites, as well as interest in the vacationers on their tour. Both took extra steps to ensure (as much as possible) that everyone had a fulfilling tour. During the cruise portion of the tour, our tour guide went out of his way to make it possible for my family and I to see a site which we'd thought was included on the tour, but which wasn't (though he first ensured that we could do so without any danger of getting separated from the group). During the land tour, we had a highly knowledgeable and professional guide who took a personal interest in each member of the tour, and was able to answer far-ranging and sometimes obscure questions. (I was hesitant to answer this survey, because I generally do not respond when I'm specifically asked to give a positive review -- rather than an honest review -- but because I was so grateful for the effort our guides made, I decided to do so.)
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,366 reviews