smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Extremely enjoyable and very well run. We have been on trips that were much more expensive but not run as well as this trip. Special thanks to our guide Fernando who was exceptional. He was organized, informative and delightful to be with. He was also extremely attentive to the needs of the individuals on the trip. Alice Bock
The trip to South Africa proved to be even more than I expected. The country is amazing and our guide, Jeremy Poole, was excellent. Can't praise him enough. Unfortunately I became ill and had to spend one night in a hospital. I am now hoping that your insurance company does the right thing. One suggestion.....do tell all future travelers to this country that they read a book called KAFFIR BOY....AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY BY MARK MATHABANE.
My wife and I had a very good time in Thailand and Cambodia. We were there January 13-30, 2020. Both tour guides in each country were excellent! A nd very accommodating. MANY THANKS to Smartours and much gratitude for getting our group re-routed home to avoid getting near the corona virus outbreak in China! I will recommend Smartours to all our friends and will also plan another trip with you in the future!! Yay SMARTOURS!!!
Carlos was the best guide!!! Itinerary was excellent..hotels ok except Cartagena hotel...very unsatisfactory..staff did not speak English...location terrible.. breakfast unappealing...day bus trip to Medellin very long and uncomfortable... We did enjoy the trip despite the above...PS we booked boat trip to Rosario islands through concierge at Cartagena hotel...Trip was terrible...Boat broke down twice...once going to islands and then again on return...very frightening as we had to transfer to new boat both times on water...we asked hotel to request refund and have emailed three times for a response...no answer... Thank you for asking for our opinion.
Except for the return flight on a 767 Latam flight, this was a wonderful trip in all ways.
Our guides, Chaiyan Saisin (Thailand) and Sokly (Cambodia) made our trip with SmarTours amazingly informative and personal. They introduced us to their cultures with pride. We were taken care of every moment as we traveled in their countries. The hotels were excellent, the buses clean and cool, and the breakfast buffets were a delight to the eyes and stomach. The daily tours were very interesting. We feel we learned a lot on this trip with SmarTours.
Tour to Egypt was excellent
Ron was very knowledgeable. Hotels and food was great. Animals were amazing!! We are hoping to take another smartours very soon.
The best trip I have ever taken. Tour guide was the best, proving information on history, economic , and social issues. Kept us informed about each day's excursion. Safari was fantastic, able to see all big 5 animals and more. Fortunate to have a small group, so able to take side trips easily. Highly recommended!
I have been on a few smarTours and I truly enjoy each one. Fernando in South America was absolutely incredible. He went above and beyond for everyone on the trip. Wonderful pace for this trip, perfect amount of free time, time to shop, time to have a coffee, and overall, just a fantastic tour. Highly recommend it to anyone considering South America and seeing Patagonia, Iguassu Falls, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janiero.
Great tour Directors, touristic destinations, good hotels in general, local tour Guides, small groups, best price in tow
Excellent guide, perfect group size (22), very nice itinerary.
Trip to Patagonia and Buenos Aires was fantastic. The tour guides were amazing, very personable and knowledgeable. I would recommend to anyone!
I have to admit that India wasn't on my bucket list. Yet, I went to the Best of India tour with a very open mind and with some encouragement from a friend who visited 4 times. To start, our flight on Emirates was amazing. We were well fed and well looked after. The connecting flight from Dubai to Delhi was a bit cramped and a bit delayed. On arriving to Delhi we were greeted by our tour guide Jasveer. From the onset he was affable, humble and very fluent in English. What a great sport! He remembered all our names on the first day. He is witty, knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Our hotels were remarkable and the hotel staff in each hotel are polite and helpful. The monuments and places of interest were unbelievable and the rich history of India leaves you spellbound. I won't give away any of the monuments but I guarantee you will be astounded. Our tour guide took extremely good care of us. Some were very senior citizens of the USA and others capable of helping themselves. The co pilot and driver were safe, friendly and helpful and very punctual. One caveat we were not prepared for is the fact that you need to take your toilet paper with you wherever you decide to use the washrooms! All in all I came back so joyously overwhelmed and witha new appreciation for the culture, life ,customs and brilliance of India. I have been telling friends family and customers of my wonderful experience with smartours . You all are truly amazing and efficient. Thank You! Sharon Gildharry
As in any tour, the tour director can make or break it. Our guide was great. Our South Africa trip was simply super. Well thought out and the best follow-through. We'll be telling all of our friends about this one. We travel a lot, so many times our friends use our experiences for their decision making.
Excellent guide. Great itinerary. Well organized. Good value. Very good meals. Just a few negatives: We did not appreciate having to depart from our Sandton hotel at 3 pm for a 9:40 pm departure on our final day in South Africa. Also we would have liked more time at the Apartheid museum, and I would recommend skipping the warehouse buying centre we were taken to after. I felt pricing and variety of goods there were disappointing compared to earlier buying opportunities. I also was frustrated with the difficulties using my Canadian based VISA for the final payment. If you want to encourage Canadian clients , you may want to improve your banking payment facilities. All in all, though, we were very happy with the trip and the tour company and have already recommended it to many friends.
Tour guides have always been excellent, as have hotels. I have found that even when there is a medical crisis, smarTours makes sure that everything necessary is done to insure adequate help in times of injury or illness.
My holiday was very enjoyable. Everything was planned to each little detail. No complaints at all.
From beginning to end our tour of South Africa was unforgettable. Our guide was passionate about his country; he was able to teach us, keep track of us and show us an amazing time, effortlessly . From major cities to 3 wonderful safaris the tour was beyond expectations. Would love to see a tour offered of the east coast of West Africa. With Jereme as a guide we always felt safe and couldn't imagine that the next day could be better than the one we were immersed in. Thanks for great planning....can't wait til my next smarTour. Stephanie
Smartours does an amazing job of planning our trips! We loved Vietnam and Cambodia and our tour guide Tommy was absolutely amazing! Thanks for another great trip!
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,360 reviews