www.swytchbike.com/ Reviews

of reviewers recommend www.swytchbike.com/

Tell us how www.swytchbike.com/ made you happy
Bike speed and crank cadence

After some delay, I received the kit on Nov. 1st, and with some innovation installed it on my Bike Friday folding recumbent bike. In trying it out, I was surprised to find that the speed of the bike was constant at about 15MPH regardless of how fast or slow I pedaled. The supposed 'cadence' of the crank had no meaning. I often ride on a bike path that is shared with children and people walking with dogs. It is then helpful to ride very slow. With the Power Pack mounted behind the seat on the recumbent bike, it is not possible to turn the system on and off while riding. I now have an in-line brake sensor, and will see if that helps.
It took swytch over a year to deliver the kit. The eco-battery isn't stellar, I get range anxiety on a 15 mile hilly ride as the extra weight and drag of an unpowered motor are harder to get over the hills. I was also shocked by the need for annual warranty checks. I would have been better off spending the money a year ago on a lighter bike. I have followed two delivery cycles and now believe the company over-promises. I really wanted to see swytch be a solid e-bike option but after my experience I have lost faith. The business model is flawed: since I commited to buy better alternatives have come on the market. See the reviews on trustpilot.
www.swytchbike.com/ is rated 2.50 based on 2 reviews