The Essential Fly Reviews

Read The Essential Fly Reviews

directors@theessentialfly.com

Rowan Lodge35B Bondgate

Tell us how The Essential Fly made you happy
Great service, fly's look great 👍
Good products and prices, just takes a long time to get delivery.
Order took longer than normal to fulfil and one item not available but purchased from another supplier.
A first class service with excellent fly fishing products
Unfortunately the flies I ordered arrived a day after a fishing trip I organised but I must say the flies are of high quality and will definitely order from the essential fly in the future
I received my ordered flies on the expected date, I have used some of the flies and they appear to be well tied not having disintegrated on the first cast like ones I have purchased in the past from other sellers.
I had ordered barbless hooks and received barbed but I easily nipped them off with a pair of pliers.
I would purchase from Essential fly again
very good and serious
prompt service well tied flies, will use again.
Its a good and easy site to use, although sometimes some digging is required. Products are fine and arrive in a timely manner and accuracy is good when dealing with lots of tiny bits like flies!
Great customer services
Everything was fine that I ordered, no complaints at all. The act of kindness free gifts is bugging me a little though, I've recently spent 40 odd quid on fly tying and I've missed the boat by a couple of days! Ho hum
Good service, web site complicated
good service but a small delay which is acceptable due to the circumstances which we are in and thank you very much Mark Norwood.
This firm carries a great range of fly-tying materials and equipment and offers a wonderful service to its customers. I can heartily recommend them to any potential client.
John D Murphy
Really good company, great service from a good selection of product lines. All delivered quickly.
Excellent service. Would be 5 stars if, the range of products, was greater. Not that the range is small, as it is but, could be bigger.
Recently received my order from The Essential Fly and once again my order was completed in good time and exactly as ordered. I know that I have gained loyalty points with past orders but I am not sure how I can use these. Perhaps you could update accounts and make it a little easier to use any accumulated points. I am very pleased with the service you supply. One other question, how will brexir affect my orders in future. Thank You. Martin Ryan.
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. With regards to your loyalty points you can learn how these are earned and redeemed via this link https://www.theessentialfly.com/faq_loyaltypoints.html
To see your points, if you login to your account and click order information, you can see how many points you have and their value.
Once you have saved up enough loyalty points, you will automatically be offered the choice to spend them at check out via a tick box.
With regards to Brexit nothing will change. We will continue to export as we do now. We are experienced at shipping goods worldwide as we currently send orders to over 50 countries.
If we can be of any help to you at any time please do not hesitate to get in touch.
With best wishes
Team TEF
I am generally satisfied with the Essential Fly however I have had occasion recently to complain of their bad discount practice which does little to help a loyal customer. You will penalise yourselves as I will think twice before I buy from you again. There are other suppliers who deserve patronage, as well as you!
We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied on this occasion Mr Whiter. We have looked into this and would like to clarify the situation from here. From time to time we put out offers. Our offers will change through the year as we like to provide our customers with the very best deals and a variety of styles of offers to suit different people or seasons. However we do typically communicate our offers on email to let people know about them initially, then a reminder and then a notice when they are due to end. This we feel gives everyone an opportunity to take advantage, or not, as as they see fit. You will have seen this no doubt on our most recent offer for the registered customer discount code I hope.
I believe you may be referring to our clearance offer where, as part of this, our leaders were reduced in price? This offer started just after Christmas as January sale offer. Having emailed about the sale initially, as the offer progressed, we emailed out to all customers on 9th and 13th January to advise them not to miss out on these deals.
I understand you placed your order the day after the sale ended.
May I point out that when you placed your order, we did not have a free shipping offer on too, it was just the discount on the products. The value of the discount you would have received was £4.31. When you placed your order, you were able to take advantage of free shipping which meant you did not have to pay £3.99. So the impact of this matter is a difference of 32p.
We are aware that you spoke with our customer services team about this and they discussed this with you. They tell us that you said you were happy that you had received a discount of some sort and with just a 32p difference overall.
We would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and do all we can to help. We genuinely want to do our best for you and provide you with the best service and products for your fly fishing.
With very best wishes
Team TEF
Well. Tryed flys. Quick delivery
Great service I will definitely use you again
The Essential Fly is rated 4.86 based on 1,757 reviews