TJ Hughes Reviews

WAL
TJ Hughes 2 star review on 31st March 2017
TJ Hughes 1 star review on 2nd February 2017
Ian Galloway
Great store, but some of the staff are just not nice, abrupt & rude!!!
First order and only part arrived tried calling nothing please refund me I am taking this matter to Gloria huniford wish I had read reviews I don’t believe this is a reputable company
If I could mark as zero I would Awful and abusive customer service at your Bootle store. TJ Hughes you are an utter disgrace
I'm visiting in Durham never been into a Tj huges before so I had a look and a basket or two later here we are. Stock was cheap and seems like good quality for what you pay. But honestly the 1star rating isn't for that. I came to join the que which was already quite lengthy. There was only one young girl on serving. She did go to the wall and press a bell a couple of times I don't know if that was to call for some assistance... but still she was on her own she was managing the customers really well going quickly but still being pleasant to what I could hear. When I was getting served and older lady came by and said she should of rang the bell and marched down to a till. The poor kid looked defeated but still carried on with a smile on her face and offers to keep stuff behind for us so we went carrying it around whilst having a look at durham. Which I thought was great as most stores don't do this !
Many thanks to Michael and Ann at London Road store for all their help today ,cheerful ,helpful and went the extra mile ,helping us return a rather large lamp ,purchased in the Birkenhead store x a credit to your company 😊
Not a nice company one of the mangers was so rude to one of the young sales assistants and I don't think that sets a good example. Shop was also freezing cold Not and enjoyable experience.
Order never recieved. Emailed customer services several times over a five week period. They promised to track my parcel or give a full refund but I've had neither! Very poor customer service. I definitely wouldn't recommend this company
Bought a feather duvet on the tj hughes online supposed to be new the carry bag was ripped to shreades appears the duvet seems to be ok but smells awful contacted their customer services twice over last two weeks but have had no reply they obviously don't check anything before sending it out to say item listed as new it's disgusting will never buy anything from the again even though when we had a shop local it was great very disappointed.
TJ Hughes 1 star review on 24th February 2021 TJ Hughes 1 star review on 24th February 2021
Customer service leaves a lot to be desired ,I cancelled a parasol but it was still sent to me ,so told to send it back with courier of which i did thats well over a week ago they say they still haven't recieved it at the warehouse ,that's over a week ago ,never ever had this trouble with any other company, wont be using them again
Taken my money, item faulty been trying to contact them for 2 months by every possible means! Avoid avoid avoid!
I’ve ordered a Hoover from TJ Hughes. They took the cash then sent an email saying I could have the goods because”our secure payment provider HSBC were unable to verify your billing address”. I live on a Main Street in a town and have never had a problem before. I always screen shot any orders so I know the address is right. You don’t get your money back for five days. I wonder how much interest they get from heaps of people placing orders they don’t fulfill but keep the cash for five days plus.
I don't normally resort to Trustpilot but i've got no other option. i've been trying to contact this company for 6 weeks regarding an unpaid invoice. I've contacted via phone and left a message, email, instagram and facebook. I've never known a company like it! Avoid!!!!! Would give zero stars if i could...
Tried to place an order but their online system would not allow me to use different billing and delivery addresses - placed the order using delivery address however was cancelled - which is fair. I then went to place the order again the next day and it allowed me to use correct details, never received order confirmation. Checked my account and it said pending review for fraud?!? Tried to call, nobody answers - it goes straight to a voicemail facility - VERY unprofessional. Contacted them on Facebook and offered additional identification and they said I had no option but to send an email. Effectively, they have taken my money twice and make themselves difficult to contact purposely - I do not believe that this is a legitimate business whatsoever. Ordering from Amazon at twice the price for peace of mind. DEFINITELY AVOID!
TJ hughes Dundee staff need a lesson in manners, a woman who works there young with red hair is always making rude comments and laughing about myself and my friend whenever we visit the store, this was all started off by another young girl with short dark hair and glasses who works there. She told her stuff about us and it all started from there. On this recent visit my friend and I were walking down the escalator to catch the red hair girl with another colleague with short hair and very tall staring at us, the red hair girl turns and says 'you are making things worse string at them.' then said but you cant help but laugh at them' both of us have disabilities one being Aspbergers syndrome and among other things these three staff members are extremely rude and I am not happy with their attitudes.
The Preston branch are wonderful and very caring. My husband suffers from dementia the staff are very aware of mental health problems and accept. If
I just wish I’d searched for these reviews b4 ordering! Ordered garden table 1st July (money taken right away) no dispatch email no way of contacting them, re: phone line not manned voice mails not returned, n emails not answered. The big question is: how much longer will the stay in business cos uk consumers deserve so much better!!!!!
When I bought egg chair website clearly stated "Delivery up to 7 days". As haven't received any update after one week, I called customer service. No sorry just asked to wait, "COURIER WILL CONTACT YOU". After my call website was updated to 'delivery up to 14 days'. Courier arrived early morning without any calls and delivered the chair. Luckily I was at home. Not interesting to have any other shopping with them and not recommend them to anyone!
I recently purchased an item from this company and returned it the same day due to the size being too small. They ignored my emails on both occasions requesting a refund, I had to raise a complaint through Pay Pal. The company contacted me immediately stating they intended to withhold my refund until I withdrew the complaint (this scenario has been going on for over two weeks). One thing I find offensive is threating behaviour and intimidation by this companies customer service staff! Based on my experience they are the last people that I would purchase from, so BUYER BEWARE! C Meehan Renfrewshire
Ordered a mosaic Bistro set that cost me over a hundred pounds. To begin with I had an issue with the website, when I put my payment details in the website reverted back to my shopping basket with the item still in it, I checked my online banking and the payment was pending. On the Tj Hughes website I created an account which showed three orders, one awaiting approval and two others where the order was added to their system but no payment taken because of suspected fraud? I email them about this and I am to date awaiting a response. A couple of days later the table arrives minus the chairs and the table is damaged, I am talking cracked and huge chips in several places, try to call customer services and no matter how many times you call it instantly goes to voicemail, I leave a voicemail and I was called back, turns out the chairs are on the way and I have to wait for these to turn up before I can send the table back and the person I spoke to would leave a message for the person working the next day so that they are aware. I tried calling them all afternoon yesterday, I have left two voicemails and no one has bothered to call me back. I will never shop with this company again. They do not respond to emails, calls automatically go to voicemail so that they can cherry pick them and if they do call you it is at their convenience, if you do manage to get them to take their faulty items back you have to wait for the collection from 7am to 7pm and they do not give you a time slot. This company places zero emphasis on customer service - appaling company
TJ Hughes is rated 3.51 based on 705 reviews