River Island Reviews

River Island have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

86% of reviewers recommend River Island
08AM
8AM

How would you rate River Island ?

"I placed an order Wednesday 12th September (evening) and paid for next day delivery expecting delivery on Friday 14th September. To date my item is still not here. I have sent two emails ( had no reply )and have just waited to get through to River Island for 30 minutes via phone. I Can't wait any longer. Thank you."
"Trying to return a leather jacket that was not true to size and I just get the run around. They should not be offering international,delivery if they cannot deliver what they promise. When you try to return their website says it's in "Maintenance mode" They then direct you to their carrier Aramex who do not offer customer support when their website won't allow you to organise a retuern shipment. Overall a scam company."
"Very disappointed- I ordered a pair of jeans only to find they had a hole in them. Returned them and reordered another pair and those too arrived with a hole in them. Still waiting for my refund to be processed and all customer services can tell me is to reorder and return the faulty goods!!!!"
"Shocked ! I am very shocked to read the reviews it seems everyone went through the same thing as i am experiencing right now. I ordered a bag for a friends birthday and the package never came, they advised me to go and check with my local post, wich i did,but they gave me a non existing tracking number. After getting in touch with them i must say the workers there were friendly and tried to be helpful in their own way, i dont think its their fault for the product being lost while being shipped. However after reading the reviews i am very scared that they might not refund me my money at all. Not many people know but in Balkan people working 8h are paid 10€ a day wich menas only 300€ a month so buying a bag that costs 60€ is a lot of money And not getting them back means 6 days of my life going to waste. It feels as if they took my hard earned money and burned it. I will write and update if they refund my money and of course change the review."
"Very disappointing shop and costumer service! I made two orders on their website totalling €150 that have to be delivered outside UK, orders were supposed to be delivered on the 25th June, just one of the parcel arrived and the other one has been probably lost. Customer service have no idea where my parcel is and they don't want to contact DPD. They don't even offered a refund!!! this is ridicoulous you don't care about your costumers, I will never order with them again"
"Great service as always. Being able to order something from online and pick up your nearest store is great. Website is easy to use too."
"Some great bargains yet again from the online sale who doesn't love a bargain 10/10"
"Good service items of good quality and value"
"When I went into the store after making a purchase and the assistant made an error. The staff came across as very rude even though they made a transaction error."
"My fav store and great delivery time! Everyone always comments on my outfits"
"Lovely clothes fitted nice"
"Orderd a suit for my son to the shop and it was super easy and the suit looks great ... went back the next day for his shoes!"
"Amazing stuff, friendly staff. Perfect purchase."
"Friendly staff especially in mens department good service"
"The zip is faulty on the bag I bought as it is a rucksack it is not useable. I have full proof of purchase however RI refuse to exchange. Therefore I’m out of pocket £30. Didn’t expect service of such a low standard from such well known company."
"Cute product but a few sequins missing from them which were quite obvious. If my daughter hadn't loved them so much they would have been sent back! Expensive aswell. On the plus side arrived quickly."
"Ordered a pair of black leather boots. love love love. They are good quality and are just like the picture. Definitely now my favourite pair of shoes!! Only comment would be the issue tracking your order to another country once it has left the UK. Otherwise beyond happy with my purchase!"
"thievery at its best.....i ordered 12 items in a usa size 4 that is equal to a uk size 8, everything arrived in a uk size 6. i sent items back via their prepaid postage with USPS item arrived with days of posting I tracked items straight to the address. 2 weeks later no refund. i contacted them and as told that item were not returned and i need to fill out a form stating items weren't returned so they can asses and think about giving my money back. NEVER ORDER form this store they are crooks......order from NEXT UK they never mess up orders and customer service is awesome...."
"There so helpful the shop assistance nothing is two much trouble find the size cloths when something don't fit and even help with shoes also parcel delivers is free to store pick up great experience"
"I live in the US and I frequently visit the RI website to see what's new. I love the style and options available in the plus size range. I had the opportunity to visit the RI store on Oxford St. when I went to London for my birthday. Nice store, excellent and friendly sales associates. I'll definitely be back!"
River Island is rated 4.39 based on 190 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!