Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
I ordered 5 books for baby granddaughter which I collected from the Derby store and which were already in a bag. On arriving home I looked at the books and found that one finger puppet book had rubbed edges and stuck on the front was a piece of dried chewing gum. Surely staff should be more aware of goods they’re choosing and not just grab something without a quick check on its quality. A lady in front of me collected a doll for a baby and she had it changed as it had black marks on its face.
Not sure the managing of the glocester site is at all logical.. Wanted to buy a bike for my grandson, saw an ideal bike and asked for it to be brought down off the shelf. The sales assistant wasn't the tallest so I offered to help with the bike only to be told no customer was allowed to touch the bike.. I suggested I was not prepared to buy a bike that my grandson could not even try for size but was told he could not touch the bike so declined to go any further.. We then went and touched 4 footballs, selecting one, took it up to the assistant who took it to be blown up, passing it to someone else who then passed it back to me, no sanitising nor gloves used at any time. Logic seems to be missing somewhere!!!!!
Let down by bad choice of courier! Item never arrived. Courier stated they hadn't received it. Choice of spending an hour on the phone or waiting 2 days for a response to resolve the matter. When they found the item had been lost, I had the choice of driving an hour in either direction to the nearest store to collect an item I had ordered weeks before. Managed to get £5 back as a good will gesture. Spent far more than that in fuel. I think it's time they re-thought out their courier choices!
They cancelled my order as I had to collect it in two days which wasn't convient with my working hours that week which did not seem very good customer service.
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 3.72 based on 193 reviews