Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
I used to work at the Smyths Toys Superstore Salford West One, and it was honestly the worst experience, I am still recovering years later. The managers always seemed to feel the need to bully me, knowing that I work hard, it always hurt to know that they would verbally attack me unprovoked. I was the only black woman working there at the time, and although I don’t want to say that it was a racial attack; anytime I spoke to the only other black person working there (he was the only one who made me feel welcome) they claimed that I was flirting even though he was much older. A woman there made up many lies about me that the managers instantly believed, and would corner me and interrogate me on situations that I had nothing to do with. I would go home crying every single day!!! The fact that grown men felt it was okay to put me in such an uncomfortable position like locking me in a room to confront me on these false accusations still scares me to this day. Don’t ever work at a place like this, these people are horrible!
Terrible practices. Bought a £250 PS4. Less than one week later it went faulty, fault was intermittent losing of WiFi, rendering the unit unreliable and not fir=t for games. Returned to Smyths where they said they need to test it. They tested it for a hour and said nothing wrong. Despite trying to explain what the fault was and that it was intermittent, they simply did not want to know. I am out of pocket by £250 for a week old useless black plastic box. Seems I have to do all the chasing around to Sony direct. WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. Do not buy electronic items from this store.
Would never advice you to buy frim smyths..TERRIBLE customer service.wanted to return an item after 2 days.But no returns if item has been opened!!!! Than customer service....!! They need help and a lesson on manners.
Do not shop at Ipswich store, if anything is broken or missing , thay dont care and you will end up with nothing, staff very rude. If I had of read all there review's before my purchases, I would of never of gone there in first place, most of the reviews are bad .
Brought a cott mattress IPSWICH STORE was damaged but refused to refund and acused me of damage! Manager was very rude and asked me to leave store. Then he threw the un-protected matress onto the carpark floor and said its yours do what you want with it.
Bought a cot mattress which had a slight rip in the corner but we was happy to take it as it was still sealed, when we found out it was the wrong size we tried to return but they wouldn't except the unopened mattress
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND…
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
AVOID...AVOID...
Bought a boxing punch bag for my son.Opened it used it for 2 days.It was not suitable for my 8yr old.I emailed them.No response for 2 weeks than got a reply ..No returns if the item has been opened!!!TRY to avoid smythstoys.AND PASS THE WORD!!!
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND…
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
AVOID...AVOID...
Quick and efficient click & collect order process, however, on collecting order, one of which was a large box, there were no trolleys available or staff to help with carry-to-car ... apart from the three chatting outside the shop. The employee checking out orders was offhand and completely disinterested in my dilemma. Another small item ordered was a Skipper (Barbie) "pot luck" set. I realise pot-luck is a risk but see now how you use this to clear unwanted stock as the item I got wasn't even featured in the selection shown on-line. I will be taking it back as soon as I can. Altogether a very unsatisfactory shopping experience.
I ordered a nintendo switch online. After paying I received the message "Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please do not try to place order again. Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callbacksmythstoys.com to confirm your order.”

The reply email said they cancelled the payment and asked me to try order again, contrary to the error message which told me do not order again and to contact them to confirm the order. Except the item is now out of stock. This also lost me an opportunity to buy at another store which was also in stock at same time and now out of stock.
None of the products are available online. But they advise to do store collection then there is a message advising all stores are closed. Extremely poor organisation and management of the website. Amateurs.
Waited 3 weeks for a pre-ordered Nintendo switch only to have it cancelled for no actual reason. Still waiting for my refund. DO NOT BUY FROM THERE.
Accepted an order for a console then decided they could not fulfil the order because they had no stock. I wouldn't mind if this was a simple error and they apologised but they send out a cancellation order without explanation full of bs lies about your address being at fault etc I note I was one of many today poor organisation and stock control evident
Refused entry today at Newry store, as apparently I need my parent despite being 16 and I didn’t even attempt to buy any thing. Disgrace, I will not be back, I’ll buy my Xbox games elsewhere.
bought a wireless ps4 controller from their doncaster store, the microphone socket broke after 3 weeks of use, it was part of my boys xmas presents and i didn't take it back at the time because i couldn't find the receipt, fast forward to march and i found the receipt in some paperwork and tried to get it replaced under guarantee, the controller is in perfect condition apart from the microphone socket has broken away inside, they refuse to replace it saying it has been misused and i have had it for longer than 30 days, beware of this store people, they don't do consumer rights here.
I’m disgusted in this store. We purchased the pink petal jumperoo for Christmas and received a returns as there were parts missing and it was partly put together. After 3 weeks speaking to a very slow customers services my husband has exchanged it for the rain forest. As we started to assembly, again a returns and faulty toy. The box has even the previous customers name and Address on, which is breaching GDPR. We will not be using this store again
It’s really sad that a black man living in Edinburgh, Scotland can’t go to a toy store (Fort Kinnaird smyths )and buy his son Several birthday gifts without being Racially profiled. If it was a famous rich white celebrity using their Unlimited black credit card, I’m sure the manager or so-called manager would have let the transaction go through. And they said racism doesn’t still exist in today’s world.

Welcome 2020! thanks Smyths toy store. I would never ever in my entire life shop at smyths toy store again, and I will let all the people who I know that have children; due to me being a teacher and a coach. I’m in contact with several children and parents in Edinburgh I will spread the word like wild fire DO NOT shop in Smyth’s toy store, they are racist towards black people.
Maidstone branch. I bought a remote control spider from them. It was a birthday present for my own son so had no intention of returning it so I didn’t keep the receipt.

Problem being, when it was taken out of the box the ‘on’ switch was already broken so it couldn’t be switched on.

I brought it back to the maidstone store to be replaced. I explained the issue and showed the fault to the costumer staff desk. They asked for the receipt. I explained o didn’t keep it but asked them to check it’s a product they sell and assured them that I bought it there in the last few days. The guy on the counter was being cocky so I asked to speak to the manager. He came over and out right refused to help without a receipt. I asked ‘him do you think I walk around with broken remote control spiders trying to trick the wrong shop into replacing the product?’
Anyway the argument continued and I said if you won’t replace it I will leave a bad review and never return. He was still convinced he was in the right.
I pushed the spider over the counter, told him to keep it and hoped that he would choke on the £18.00 he had swindled out of me.

It’s bad customer service, slippery behaviour and badly trained staff. I have spent100’s£ In that shop and would have continued. I will never give them another penny. Well done, that is all the birthdays and Christmas’s of 7 kids in my family plus all their friends birthdays that you will not profit from. You sold me a piece of rubbish, you should have sorted out the problem.
Oh dear Aylesbury!

Went into store to exchange an item. It was over the time allowed but thought they may overlook it as not looking for a refund.

The first gentleman saw was very nice and said to go and find what I would like to exchange for, so I did this. However, when it came to the exchange, it all went wrong. I had received a discount when buying the item. I was passed over to a not so pleasant lady (who I assume was the duty manager) who said in no uncertain terms that I could only exchange for that discounted amount!

This would mean the store would profit from my return, as would still be able to sell for the original selling price. She agreed that this was correct, in her very patronising manner. She was not willing to discuss this and allowed me to leave the store a very disgruntled customer.

This made me so cross, I would have understood if she had simply not been able to do anything and been a nice person about it. Good customer service is invaluable.

I realise if I’d just turned up without a receipt, it would have been a lot simpler.

I will not be returning to the store and will try to ensure others avoid it too!

What a shame, a new store too, you might have thought they’d make an effort to look after customers.
Spent over £300 at THIS new Portsmouth toy store whilst at the till the lady serving me was very customer friendly her name badge was Debbie then BOOM! all of sudden this female manager starting screaming & shouting at the lady serving me.. WOW! in shock at the unprofessional Hitler like attitude this disgusting female manager displayed in public to one of her members of staff.. She looked drunk or of her head on DRUGS this was all in front of my 2 grandchildren aswell.. Not HAPPY.. @AskSmythsToys #smythstoysportsmouth
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 4.06 based on 161 reviews