Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
What a farce, trying to buy a PS5, I know they are hard to get atm. Week1: get a preorder, email confirmation received, pre charged my account all good. 2 hours later my order is cancelled due to “not being available at time of order” Ok, these things happen Week2: get another preorder, email confirmation received, pre charged my card £455, all good. 2hours later my order is cancelled due to an issue with the payment yet the transaction is currently sat in pending on my banking. There’s more than enough in the account to cover the cost. That’s 2 PS5’s in as many weeks I thought I’d got but never managed to secure from Smyths. I’ve been trying to got one for 6 months now and tried multiple times. Smyths have given the worst experience by far
Awful company to deal with , we returned 3 items that my son mistakenly ordered the wrong Xbox , I understand their Terms and Conditions stated Xbox’s are not to be returned! I agreed to their terms , however it took several emails and phone calls to receive the goods back , when we did receive the 3 items , the console was missing from the box ! I contacted 4 times to state the above and the final email stated all 3 items where delivered , this was not true as I opened the box and no console was in the box . My son and I was treated awfully , my son was extremely upset and to date , we never received his console ! Do not purchase goods from this company , their customer service is awful and there phone number rings out . Disappointed !
Fully open and ready to deny you your consumer rights!!!!!!! Tried to return a faulty set of gaming headphones. Without even looking at them they immediately said not their problem deal with manufacturer. Due to the timeframe this was a clear breach of consumer rights! When I explained this they then said if they have stopped working we think it’s from misuse. Again without even examining them(perfect condition by the way and never misused). Again breaching the consumer rights act 2015. This was the wallsend store and it was a female manager I spoke to. Avoid this place if you can as they are cowboys and crooks. I’m now having to open a small claim online
I have just found out the bouncy castle I ordered on 2 April was not delivered for my granddaughters birthday and she still has not got it and it is now 20 April, is that bad or what?
Rude staff member would not ket me return my products, told it was 2 late, but i arrived nrly 30 mins b4 shop closed!!!! CRAYFORD KENT branch, (young guy dyed hair!)😡
I order a PS4 as a Christmas gift, but managed to get a PS5. I returned the unused PS4 to Smyth's and they refused to refund as the box had been opened, not damaged, opened. I will never use this stores online service again.
I ordered a lighting board for the child for Christmas, he came just before Christmas itself, quickly wrapped it up and put it under the tree, when the child and I opened it, put the batteries in and were shocked, all the glass was shabby, scratched and cracked on the side. I went to exchange and checked with the seller, but he assured that there were no scratches, but it was just dirty, you arrive, say home and just wipe it. I arrived, cleaned it and was shocked, as it was terrible, again scratched. I took it and drove off again. I talked with the seller, with the manager, yes, I got a refund, but I asked, give me a discount on another toy, I come here twice, wasting time and money. No, that's it. Never again will I go to this store in Lincoln!
Rude manager. Not at all sympathies or understanding. He looked tired, scruffy and not at all motivated to find a solution to the issue I had. This was at Cheltenham’s branch.
I'm not wasting my time telling you my bad experience... and you shouldn't waste your time shopping here!
DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR YOUR CHILDREN. Shopping in store at the Reading branch 06/12/20 I have been treated very rudely and unfairly in the store by the staff when I requested to return a product I purchased 30 minutes earlier, which turned out to be NOT what I specifically requested. The Purchase: At the games console counter in the shop I asked the assistant specifically for the official "Xbox One X Wireless Controller". He handed me a box with an xbox controller which I proceeded to purchase. On inspecting the product 10 minutes later I found that it was not the exact "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" which I asked for and which ships with the "Xbox One X". The label inside the battery compartment of the correct official “Xbox One X Wireless Controller” shipped with my Xbox One X, reads "WIRELESS CONTROLLER FOR XBOX ONE" and "MODEL 1708". The product sold to me on 06/12/20 was labelled inside as "Xbox Wireless Controller" and "Model: 1914". This is the WRONG model number and NOT compatible with "MODEL 1708" accessories. This was not made clear to me when I specifically asked for the "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" that they did not have it. Also this item they sold me is not compatible with the battery packs made for official Xbox One X controllers shipped with Xbox One X. Thus I was NOT sold exactly what I asked for. So I went back to the shop and explained the situation to the large assistant who originally miss-sold me the incorrect item. He was not helpful and refused to help. I then asked to see the manager. I was confronted by a man called Ramzi Mejri who was also utterly unwilling to help, and extremely rude in his shameful disregard for the customer and blindness to the fact that I was not sold exactly what I asked for. Ramzi Mejri and the staff stood and argued with me for over 20 minutes the sake of £54.99, and refused to correct his and his staff’s mistake. He refused to offer a refund. He refused to be helpful. I asked him why he wanted to argue and steal my money when he was in the wrong. His rudeness continued. I asked him if I should document this experience, his rudeness, his disrespect for the honest customer and his/Smyths greed for the sake of £54.99 on review boards and social media. – He indicated that he didn’t care. I am 100% disappointed and disgusted at this man Ramzi Mejri and the attitude at the store. I called customer services: They did nto want to get involved. I WAS FORCED TO REGAIN MY £54.99 FROM SMYTHS VIA "ALTERNATE METHODS". DISCUSTING COPROLITE EATING LOOSERS! The purchase receipt reads: Item: 192246, Serial No: 09VX1668194034, Date: 06/12/20, Time: 12:18pm, Till : 107, Opr: 29642, Trans No: 00040 DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS TOYS. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR YOUR CHILDREN.
I asked someone for the ps5 and he punched in my face and hit my head against the wall while I was on the floor he ran me over im in hospital OH NO HES HERE
Preordered a PS5, game & controller to collect in-store. The game & controller were ready a week before the console. I was told I had 48 hours to collect the game & controller, otherwise my orders would be cancelled. I contacted customer services who were ridiculously slow to promise that I could collect the game & controller at the same time as the console. I arrive to find out the game & controller pre orders have been cancelled & I have to buy them again. I’m now down £220 for a single game and controller, awaiting refund. Wish I’d have gone to Amazon. On top of this, why, during a national lockdown, would you force me to come & collect something that I cannot use until coming to collect the PS5, anyway?!
Shocking ordered and had money taken and cancelled the next day with no explanation wont be using them for Xmas or any other time I’ll stick with an honest company like Amazon
Save yourself adding to the cost of Christmas. Shop elsewhere Absolutely terrible. I will never use this company again to order anything from. I've a 3yr old and a 1yr old so they have lost out on what could have been years of loyalty from me for their birthdays and christmases. I will now shop entirely in the entertainer and argos for their toys! I ordered 2 Christmas presents which arrived not in any box or packaging, which the courier left outside. Not an issue as we were on our way home. But, when we arrived home and opened the gate, the toys where 100% visavle to our eldest child who saw her Christmas present. She got so excited upon seeing it so we had to let her have it early as a gift from us now. Technically we have wasted money as we now have to buy a replacement Christmas present for her. When contacted customer service as to why they where not packaged got a generic response that the warehouse must have decided not package the items to save time, that it is clearly stated they do this in the small print....I read the small print it does not mention that they do not package toys. They where not large toys!!! Even if they had been put in a carrier bag it would have been good enough not to see what was inside. Never ever will I shop here again.
Absolutely shocking customer service. Ordered a very expensive gift and have not received it, ordered over a week ago. Calls are ringing out/being hung up on at their Glasgow store, raised 3 online tickets and no response and called Hermes several times too with no response. Reality is i am now down £60 with nothing to show for it and will now have to go buy something else as my nephew's birthday is 2 days away and hope that i gwt my money back soon. Will never order from this store again and if you have any sense you won't either!!
Absolutely shocked at customer service at this store. On Tuesday the 2nd Nov i placed a click and collect order in Naas, as I had to bring my little one to emergency hospital. I promised him that we will collect the order as a gift after the hospital. Received no email or acknowledgement of order but money taken out of the account. I called to the store, they could not find the order, I asked that Manager to make an exception to give it to me as is paid and I traveled cross county and made a promise to a sick child , he said he cant. Anyways on the website it says after two days of no collection money will go back, is now 3 days and no money and no order,. I mailed them to move it my local store and they said after two days of waiting a reply that they cant. I want my refund , please so I can purchase somewhere else. Very disappointing.
I will never buy anything in this shop again. I can't believe that they are so big but treat customers like nothing. Long story short: I bought a toy. It broke. I came for refund. They said that will not give me the money back because it is a company policy. I can only exchange broken toy for something else. For what else? Something I don't want and don't need? This is ridiculous. Once they got the money they knew they were never going to give it back. But why they didn't inform me before I payed? Because they knew that a lot of people would not buy. This company is disgusting. Avoid if you don't like taking risk with your money.
Ordered some items for my daughters birthday, paid for them online and planned to collect , by the time I got there slightly over the given 48hrs they had taken my items and refunded the money , although I had paid by card and it would take 5-10 working days to reach my bank !!! So I had to pay for them again !! What about if I didn’t have the money to do that ??? Birthday ruined !! I can understand if I hadn’t collected for 5 days !! I can understand if I had just reserved the items ! But I bought them ! So how can you buy them back from me ?? I will never order from you again 🤬
Placed an order online for a gaming chair for my grandson. online order stated 1 item available at stevenage store. item payed for and advised would be held for 2 days, 10mins after placing order store called and asked if I would be collecting item today has they were very busy and could I collect next day. on arriving at store for collection staff advised me it was a display item and they had lost the cables and connections that came with the chair, I was then advised that I could have £20 deducted from the price of the chair, not £20 because it was a ex-display item but £20 because there was no cables or connectors to link chair to the PlayStation/ tv, at no time when placing the order did it state that it was an ex- display item and also parts were missing, I advised the shop assistant that I would liked a refund only to be told it takes 3 days to return my money that took just 10sec to leave my account when I orderd the chair, I then walked across the retail park to another outlet to purchase the same item. my gripe and anger is that if said web site would have advised me my order was a display model and some items may or may not be available I would not have placed an order, also wasting 1hr driving to retail park to collect a faulty purchase, I like many others will not be using smiths toy stores again,rant over thanks dbs
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 3.73 based on 192 reviews