Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
Offered Xbox on interest free credit, when the credit was approved they refused to give me the Xbox, they have fobbed me off to the credit company, told me to come and wait around in store again to see if they can let me have it this time. Don’t answer the phone very often, the manager has not called me back even tho I was told 2 managers were on shift and one of them would. So I’m left with £600 credit for all access Xbox console and I have no console, no resolution and no call back from a manager. The credit was approved by Klarna within 2 minutes of applying, the credit company are great, Smyths Toys are not!! Go buy your xmas presents somewhere else, I will be.
Not even one star , It’s a cheap and nasty store who ripp Parants. Of Please don’t waste your Christmas money on them. All their staff fake the good reviews on the site
I sent an email to ask if they would accept a gift voucher from Lego got a reply to say I would get a reply in 48hours then I go another email asking to send my receipt to returns I don’t want to return anything just ask a question the customer service must be great don’t anybody read the properly I give 1 Star but is would not.
Disgusting disgusting disgusting store manager called Martian from Stockton-on-Tees, store near the range robbed my child of his birthday money, with a faulty toy, a toy my son has not used to the the faults. And they our saying it’s not a manufacturing fault when it clearly is they are that desperate now to save the store they are selling kids low low disgusting quality faulty toys to us customer service will side with the manger when they are in the wrong over faulty toys The customer service is disgusting the worst I have ever seen Please I urge Parants to read all the bad disgusting reviews with Parants and kids who have been robbed from this store on trust pilot review site Yes it’s true its all the workers put up the good reviews to save the store from giong under, while ripping Parants off in the process
Dear Smyth Toys, I just visited your store in Ecublens Switzerland and I had an horrible customer experience. First, I showed up 5 minutes before closing but your employees were so in a rush to close that the entrance was already blocked. The cashier didn’t want to let me in, I had to explain that it was still in opening hours for her to let me pass. Once I got to the area to pick up the toy, three employees were following me, telling me that they were closing and pressuring me to leave so I did, without the gift i came to buy. Your employees don’t care about customer, don’t care about additional sales and certainly don’t care about you as an employer. All they cared about was to get out of work. Perhaps it’s time for you to review your training program, hiring program or management team. Anyways, the decision is yours, mine will be to shop somewhere else. Kindly, A disappointed customer!
I brought this trike Bentley in good faith costing £229 for my 18 month old son ... not cheap therefore expecting high standard of workman ship ... when for the FIRST TIME pushing my son in it the handle to steer broke .. therefore all the steering mechanism,went , as this is all done through the long handle .. near miss a very serious accident with my son .. this is a heath and safety issue .. therefore I want a full refund ... this was brought from WATFORD branch and the Manager was not all all helpful with this issue .. I’m very disappointed with the customer service from Smyths I want to warn new customers of there policy and standards which is none existence
Have used Smyths toys in the past without issue, however, when visiting their Kirkstall store in Leeds I was told the bike I was purchasing for my son's birthday, could not be built (even though they advertise the service for a £5 fee and the cashier I spoke to also recommended it) and unless there was one already built in the back, I wouldn't be able to have it that day...why bother offering the service if your lazy staff can't be bothered to do their job. The ONE person who could build the bikes was stood chatting on the shop floor, not very professional, and then was followed into the warehouse by the young lady he had been talking to while we were left waiting for him to return. Nearly 10 minutes later, we were informed that he didn't have one 'made up' so unless we were prepared to take the bike in it's box to build at home, there was 'no way' we could have it on the day. Given we had no choice in the matter, we took the boxed bike home, only to find we needed extra allen keys and screwdrivers that we did not have in order to build it! I am disgusted with the bad attitude and poor service received at Smyths and will shop at Halfords for a bike for my other sons birthday in June, at least I know I will have a assembled bike to take home - what a farce, won't go here again.
We bought a toy Henry Hoover as a Christmas gift. When we opened it we could tell it had already been opened and returned as it had scuff marks and missing packaging. It didn’t work as advertised and falls apart, so we tried to return it. Smyths refused to refund us due to us having opened it, despite being happy to sell us an opened and returned product in the first place. When we pointed this out the cashier shook her head, essentially calling us liars. The woman at the till was very slow and spacey. She insisted on testing the product but she was very slow to do this. She put it together wrong and claimed bits were missing and she couldn’t test it (i.e no refund). I corrected her mistake for her, then she decided it worked based on it sucking up a small piece of ribbon on a hard surface. It doesn’t work for us at home with carpets and small bits of paper, but she and the manager refused to accept this. The manager was rude and condescending about it. The cashier was to spaced to care. If we had lied that we hadn’t opened it we would have gotten our refund. The product was in exactly the condition we bought it in and absolutely resaleable. They just didn’t want to accept back the junk they sell.
I bought a good few items online had my partner waiting in for the delivery all day as i had to work. Not having access to my phone didnt bother me as i knew someone was in all day so when i left work at 4pm to see an update from DPD who are complete waste of time with deliveries anyways to show a picture of my item just sitting on my door step facing the street u can imagine my fear realising it had been there for 3 hours at this point. Contacted my partner told him to look outside and nothing there!! He said no1 had knocked all day and no slip through the door. My safe place for delivery was not plain sight on my door step!! Contacted DPD who said sorry admitted fault in email. Sent this to Smyths who have repeatedly sent the same email about how they are investigating it with DPD what further proof do they need then the pictur of my parcel being left in a bad place and the email from DPD i have been waiting weeks for my parcel or a refund and have been ignored my consumer rights over and over again. Such a crook company i will be taking this further as i have been robbed my money my items and my time. Smyths do not value loyal customers and from now on i will never spend 1p with this company. Disgusting customer service avoid at all costs......has ruined a birthday can you imagine if this was christmas!
They didnt.