Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
6PM
6PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Smyths Toys Superstores?

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy

Live Chat, Email
"Have used Smyths toys in the past without issue, however, when visiting their Kirkstall store in Leeds I was told the bike I was purchasing for my son's birthday, could not be built (even though they advertise the service for a £5 fee and the cashier I spoke to also recommended it) and unless there was one already built in the back, I wouldn't be able to have it that day...why bother offering the service if your lazy staff can't be bothered to do their job. The ONE person who could build the bikes was stood chatting on the shop floor, not very professional, and then was followed into the warehouse by the young lady he had been talking to while we were left waiting for him to return. Nearly 10 minutes later, we were informed that he didn't have one 'made up' so unless we were prepared to take the bike in it's box to build at home, there was 'no way' we could have it on the day. Given we had no choice in the matter, we took the boxed bike home, only to find we needed extra allen keys and screwdrivers that we did not have in order to build it! I am disgusted with the bad attitude and poor service received at Smyths and will shop at Halfords for a bike for my other sons birthday in June, at least I know I will have a assembled bike to take home - what a farce, won't go here again."
Are you Smyths Toys Superstores? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Always use them for my childs toys, brilliant selection and pretty much always the cheapest"
"We bought a toy Henry Hoover as a Christmas gift. When we opened it we could tell it had already been opened and returned as it had scuff marks and missing packaging. It didn’t work as advertised and falls apart, so we tried to return it. Smyths refused to refund us due to us having opened it, despite being happy to sell us an opened and returned product in the first place. When we pointed this out the cashier shook her head, essentially calling us liars. The woman at the till was very slow and spacey. She insisted on testing the product but she was very slow to do this. She put it together wrong and claimed bits were missing and she couldn’t test it (i.e no refund). I corrected her mistake for her, then she decided it worked based on it sucking up a small piece of ribbon on a hard surface. It doesn’t work for us at home with carpets and small bits of paper, but she and the manager refused to accept this. The manager was rude and condescending about it. The cashier was to spaced to care. If we had lied that we hadn’t opened it we would have gotten our refund. The product was in exactly the condition we bought it in and absolutely resaleable. They just didn’t want to accept back the junk they sell."
"Prices are amazing, delivery as described and updates throughout."
"I brought a quad copter. Very good service from start to finish."
"Excellent customer service, speedy delivery and good communication."
"Had everything I wanted to take home on the day.thanks smyths."
"Fantastic price and free next day delivery could not be happier."
"They always seem to have what I need in stock at very reasonable prices"
"excellent delivery and easy to use website"
"I bought a good few items online had my partner waiting in for the delivery all day as i had to work. Not having access to my phone didnt bother me as i knew someone was in all day so when i left work at 4pm to see an update from DPD who are complete waste of time with deliveries anyways to show a picture of my item just sitting on my door step facing the street u can imagine my fear realising it had been there for 3 hours at this point. Contacted my partner told him to look outside and nothing there!! He said no1 had knocked all day and no slip through the door. My safe place for delivery was not plain sight on my door step!! Contacted DPD who said sorry admitted fault in email. Sent this to Smyths who have repeatedly sent the same email about how they are investigating it with DPD what further proof do they need then the pictur of my parcel being left in a bad place and the email from DPD i have been waiting weeks for my parcel or a refund and have been ignored my consumer rights over and over again. Such a crook company i will be taking this further as i have been robbed my money my items and my time. Smyths do not value loyal customers and from now on i will never spend 1p with this company. Disgusting customer service avoid at all costs......has ruined a birthday can you imagine if this was christmas!"
"Good toys for cheap prices fast efficient delivery really good toy shop"
"Excellent choice of toys, bought nearly all my Christmas stuff from here, brilliant delivery service and delivery is free just over 25 pounds! Love the store!"
"Very helpful and friendly service. Good prices and discounts/sales with a lovely range of toys. I have used Smyths for many years now and have always been really pleased with the service provided. Whenever I had experienced an issue with a product purchased they have been very helpful and quick organising a replacement."
"Very friendly staff"
"Easy placing order on the website, quick processing and dispatching of order. Great products and cost effective with offers for Xmas. Packaging was great and all products received in perfect condition. Also visited the shop which was clean, tidy and easy to find what you were looking for. Staff friendly and welcoming. Definitely will shop here again"
"As one of the few toy stores near us and with 2 young children we spend a lot of time at Smyths. We love going in and seeing all the toys stacked up high! However, I'm not a fan of shopping so I prefer to make my purchases online. At Smyths.com you can search very easily by brand or item description and clearly see how much things are going to cost. The amount we spend, we get free delivery too. A simple website, clear to see what's available or out of stock, so no nasty surprises at the checkout. Never had any problems and they're my go to for toys and other kids treats."
"Very competitive price and also find the items I need in stock!"
"The in-store and online experiences both faultless. Items as per descriptions"
"user friendly site, value for money & speedy delivery"
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 4.66 based on 118 reviews