Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
Smyth toys LAKESIDE…. RACISM!!! Store tefused to refund my buggy as ‘i opened the box’ that the order arrived in. Bare in mind this was an online order. The store told me their policy is if you order a buggy they are unable to refund the buggy if you open the box that the actual buggy arrive in via post. HOW RIDICULOUS. Aparently they have the buggies in store so you should view it in store before buying. Alot of stay at home during COVID. Anyway long story cut short. Customer service was ridiculous no help. So i thought i would test the situation. I went to another smyths toys store. And guess what no questions. They refunded item straight away. Maybe i am being paro. But the store they literally were no help, no apology they made me feel like i did something so wrong. They was so rude didnt even let me speak. They acted as though i used the buggy and tried to refund it. Please sort your colleagues out. All this stuff with BLM and theres such racism still ongoing in such a multi cultural country. Also get your policy checked out!! Clearly you just make up rules to what suits your store. LAKESIDE SMYTH TOYS AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great customers service and the people that work their are so friendly and helping to help with anything great manager well done keep it up
Abysmal, poor quality, horrendous customer service. We bought a trike for our little boy for his first birthday present and a month later the plastic guard preventing his foot from getting trapped in the front wheel fell off, as this happened in motion a small crack appeared in the plastic guard as it got caught. We thought little of it and assumed we could exchange it of get a replacement part. My wife has just tried to return it to Crown Point in Leeds where the duty manager treat her like a piece of dirt and accused us of breaking it by dropping down curbs or by some other means - basically accusing her of lying and refusing to exchange it because apparently we caused the damaged. For one, anyone who has one of these will no that it is not possible to go up and down a curb in one of these are they aren't stable enough - your child would end up in the road - and secondly as it was myself pushing the trike when this happened I am fully aware that it happened during normal use and feel like going to have a word with Louis myself. Not trusting myself to stay calm - I will resort to the Ombusman - they really don't have a leg to stand on here not of satisfactory quality and lasted a month! Never buying anything from them again!
What a farce, trying to buy a PS5, I know they are hard to get atm. Week1: get a preorder, email confirmation received, pre charged my account all good. 2 hours later my order is cancelled due to “not being available at time of order” Ok, these things happen Week2: get another preorder, email confirmation received, pre charged my card £455, all good. 2hours later my order is cancelled due to an issue with the payment yet the transaction is currently sat in pending on my banking. There’s more than enough in the account to cover the cost. That’s 2 PS5’s in as many weeks I thought I’d got but never managed to secure from Smyths. I’ve been trying to got one for 6 months now and tried multiple times. Smyths have given the worst experience by far
Awful company to deal with , we returned 3 items that my son mistakenly ordered the wrong Xbox , I understand their Terms and Conditions stated Xbox’s are not to be returned! I agreed to their terms , however it took several emails and phone calls to receive the goods back , when we did receive the 3 items , the console was missing from the box ! I contacted 4 times to state the above and the final email stated all 3 items where delivered , this was not true as I opened the box and no console was in the box . My son and I was treated awfully , my son was extremely upset and to date , we never received his console ! Do not purchase goods from this company , their customer service is awful and there phone number rings out . Disappointed !
Fully open and ready to deny you your consumer rights!!!!!!! Tried to return a faulty set of gaming headphones. Without even looking at them they immediately said not their problem deal with manufacturer. Due to the timeframe this was a clear breach of consumer rights! When I explained this they then said if they have stopped working we think it’s from misuse. Again without even examining them(perfect condition by the way and never misused). Again breaching the consumer rights act 2015. This was the wallsend store and it was a female manager I spoke to. Avoid this place if you can as they are cowboys and crooks. I’m now having to open a small claim online
I have just found out the bouncy castle I ordered on 2 April was not delivered for my granddaughters birthday and she still has not got it and it is now 20 April, is that bad or what?
I’ve been trying to get a PS5 for months, didn’t think of smyths, the past two drops both me and my brother were able to get one. The only website out of all the retailers that didn’t break or have to queue for, very good website and fast loading although there was a lot of traffic. Placed my pre order last week and will be delivered tomorrow!
I ordered 5 books for baby granddaughter which I collected from the Derby store and which were already in a bag. On arriving home I looked at the books and found that one finger puppet book had rubbed edges and stuck on the front was a piece of dried chewing gum. Surely staff should be more aware of goods they’re choosing and not just grab something without a quick check on its quality. A lady in front of me collected a doll for a baby and she had it changed as it had black marks on its face.
Rude staff member would not ket me return my products, told it was 2 late, but i arrived nrly 30 mins b4 shop closed!!!! CRAYFORD KENT branch, (young guy dyed hair!)😡
I order a PS4 as a Christmas gift, but managed to get a PS5. I returned the unused PS4 to Smyth's and they refused to refund as the box had been opened, not damaged, opened. I will never use this stores online service again.
I ordered a lighting board for the child for Christmas, he came just before Christmas itself, quickly wrapped it up and put it under the tree, when the child and I opened it, put the batteries in and were shocked, all the glass was shabby, scratched and cracked on the side. I went to exchange and checked with the seller, but he assured that there were no scratches, but it was just dirty, you arrive, say home and just wipe it. I arrived, cleaned it and was shocked, as it was terrible, again scratched. I took it and drove off again. I talked with the seller, with the manager, yes, I got a refund, but I asked, give me a discount on another toy, I come here twice, wasting time and money. No, that's it. Never again will I go to this store in Lincoln!
Rude manager. Not at all sympathies or understanding. He looked tired, scruffy and not at all motivated to find a solution to the issue I had. This was at Cheltenham’s branch.
I'm not wasting my time telling you my bad experience... and you shouldn't waste your time shopping here!
DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR YOUR CHILDREN. Shopping in store at the Reading branch 06/12/20 I have been treated very rudely and unfairly in the store by the staff when I requested to return a product I purchased 30 minutes earlier, which turned out to be NOT what I specifically requested. The Purchase: At the games console counter in the shop I asked the assistant specifically for the official "Xbox One X Wireless Controller". He handed me a box with an xbox controller which I proceeded to purchase. On inspecting the product 10 minutes later I found that it was not the exact "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" which I asked for and which ships with the "Xbox One X". The label inside the battery compartment of the correct official “Xbox One X Wireless Controller” shipped with my Xbox One X, reads "WIRELESS CONTROLLER FOR XBOX ONE" and "MODEL 1708". The product sold to me on 06/12/20 was labelled inside as "Xbox Wireless Controller" and "Model: 1914". This is the WRONG model number and NOT compatible with "MODEL 1708" accessories. This was not made clear to me when I specifically asked for the "Xbox One X Wireless Controller" that they did not have it. Also this item they sold me is not compatible with the battery packs made for official Xbox One X controllers shipped with Xbox One X. Thus I was NOT sold exactly what I asked for. So I went back to the shop and explained the situation to the large assistant who originally miss-sold me the incorrect item. He was not helpful and refused to help. I then asked to see the manager. I was confronted by a man called Ramzi Mejri who was also utterly unwilling to help, and extremely rude in his shameful disregard for the customer and blindness to the fact that I was not sold exactly what I asked for. Ramzi Mejri and the staff stood and argued with me for over 20 minutes the sake of £54.99, and refused to correct his and his staff’s mistake. He refused to offer a refund. He refused to be helpful. I asked him why he wanted to argue and steal my money when he was in the wrong. His rudeness continued. I asked him if I should document this experience, his rudeness, his disrespect for the honest customer and his/Smyths greed for the sake of £54.99 on review boards and social media. – He indicated that he didn’t care. I am 100% disappointed and disgusted at this man Ramzi Mejri and the attitude at the store. I called customer services: They did nto want to get involved. I WAS FORCED TO REGAIN MY £54.99 FROM SMYTHS VIA "ALTERNATE METHODS". DISCUSTING COPROLITE EATING LOOSERS! The purchase receipt reads: Item: 192246, Serial No: 09VX1668194034, Date: 06/12/20, Time: 12:18pm, Till : 107, Opr: 29642, Trans No: 00040 DO NOT BUY FROM SMYTHS TOYS. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR YOUR CHILDREN.
Beautiful little toy box, very happy with it especially for the price and pretty simple to put together. However I don't have time to return it with the massive split in the wood
Smyths were not able to meet my preorder for Xmas and offered the more expensive version for same price but I had already bought the more expensive one. So after 1 call they refunded the difference. Best and most efficient customer service I have ever dealt with.
Nice wide selection of toys at good prices and in these difficult times due to covid 19, a safe and secure method of collection at the Kidderminster store where we visited. Just remember your £1 coin for the trolley if you're collecting several items at a time. 10* all across the board. Thanks very much Smyths
I asked someone for the ps5 and he punched in my face and hit my head against the wall while I was on the floor he ran me over im in hospital OH NO HES HERE
Brilliant !! Ordered Xmas gifts for my 1 year old grandson from Western Australia to be delivered to Cornwall. Arrived 24 hours later. Great quality. Could not be happier. A very big thank you 👍
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 3.71 based on 195 reviews