Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
Got a electric ride on for by kid. Nice service and a nice product.
I will never buy anything in this shop again. I can't believe that they are so big but treat customers like nothing. Long story short: I bought a toy. It broke. I came for refund. They said that will not give me the money back because it is a company policy. I can only exchange broken toy for something else. For what else? Something I don't want and don't need? This is ridiculous. Once they got the money they knew they were never going to give it back. But why they didn't inform me before I payed? Because they knew that a lot of people would not buy. This company is disgusting. Avoid if you don't like taking risk with your money.
Ordered some items for my daughters birthday, paid for them online and planned to collect , by the time I got there slightly over the given 48hrs they had taken my items and refunded the money , although I had paid by card and it would take 5-10 working days to reach my bank !!! So I had to pay for them again !! What about if I didn’t have the money to do that ??? Birthday ruined !! I can understand if I hadn’t collected for 5 days !! I can understand if I had just reserved the items ! But I bought them ! So how can you buy them back from me ??
I will never order from you again 🤬
Fantastic Stock, reasonable prices, friendly staff
Placed an order online for a gaming chair for my grandson. online order stated 1 item available at stevenage store. item payed for and advised would be held for 2 days, 10mins after placing order store called and asked if I would be collecting item today has they were very busy and could I collect next day. on arriving at store for collection staff advised me it was a display item and they had lost the cables and connections that came with the chair, I was then advised that I could have £20 deducted from the price of the chair, not £20 because it was a ex-display item but £20 because there was no cables or connectors to link chair to the PlayStation/ tv, at no time when placing the order did it state that it was an ex- display item and also parts were missing, I advised the shop assistant that I would liked a refund only to be told it takes 3 days to return my money that took just 10sec to leave my account when I orderd the chair, I then walked across the retail park to another outlet to purchase the same item. my gripe and anger is that if said web site would have advised me my order was a display model and some items may or may not be available I would not have placed an order, also wasting 1hr driving to retail park to collect a faulty purchase, I like many others will not be using smiths toy stores again,rant over thanks dbs
MANAGEMENT LACK COMMON SENSE
As a Nurse that has worked throughout lockdown with positive patients I understand more than most the importance of being fastidious to prevent spread of coronovirus. BUT when a 3 year old little girl is that desperate for the toilet she thinks she might have an accident on the floor and management of a TOY shop outright refuse to let her use the one she is stood right next next to, I think it's beyond ridiculous.
It may be ”policy” and I understand all about that, but what about own judgement and common sense!! I will not be shopping here again.
Relates to smyths GRIMSBY
Went to purchase a toy displayed on the shelf (2 of them were there) to be told the sale was blocked and the staff never got the notification to remove said toy from the shelfs.
One disappointed birthday boy today
I used to work at the Smyths Toys Superstore Salford West One, and it was honestly the worst experience, I am still recovering years later. The managers always seemed to feel the need to bully me, knowing that I work hard, it always hurt to know that they would verbally attack me unprovoked. I was the only black woman working there at the time, and although I don’t want to say that it was a racial attack; anytime I spoke to the only other black person working there (he was the only one who made me feel welcome) they claimed that I was flirting even though he was much older. A woman there made up many lies about me that the managers instantly believed, and would corner me and interrogate me on situations that I had nothing to do with. I would go home crying every single day!!! The fact that grown men felt it was okay to put me in such an uncomfortable position like locking me in a room to confront me on these false accusations still scares me to this day. Don’t ever work at a place like this, these people are horrible!
Not sure the managing of the glocester site is at all logical.. Wanted to buy a bike for my grandson, saw an ideal bike and asked for it to be brought down off the shelf. The sales assistant wasn't the tallest so I offered to help with the bike only to be told no customer was allowed to touch the bike.. I suggested I was not prepared to buy a bike that my grandson could not even try for size but was told he could not touch the bike so declined to go any further.. We then went and touched 4 footballs, selecting one, took it up to the assistant who took it to be blown up, passing it to someone else who then passed it back to me, no sanitising nor gloves used at any time. Logic seems to be missing somewhere!!!!!
Terrible practices. Bought a £250 PS4. Less than one week later it went faulty, fault was intermittent losing of WiFi, rendering the unit unreliable and not fir=t for games. Returned to Smyths where they said they need to test it. They tested it for a hour and said nothing wrong. Despite trying to explain what the fault was and that it was intermittent, they simply did not want to know. I am out of pocket by £250 for a week old useless black plastic box. Seems I have to do all the chasing around to Sony direct. WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. Do not buy electronic items from this store.
Would never advice you to buy frim smyths..TERRIBLE customer service.wanted to return an item after 2 days.But no returns if item has been opened!!!! Than customer service....!! They need help and a lesson on manners.
Do not shop at Ipswich store, if anything is broken or missing , thay dont care and you will end up with nothing, staff very rude. If I had of read all there review's before my purchases, I would of never of gone there in first place, most of the reviews are bad .
Brought a cott mattress IPSWICH STORE was damaged but refused to refund and acused me of damage! Manager was very rude and asked me to leave store. Then he threw the un-protected matress onto the carpark floor and said its yours do what you want with it.
Bought a cot mattress which had a slight rip in the corner but we was happy to take it as it was still sealed, when we found out it was the wrong size we tried to return but they wouldn't except the unopened mattress
Ordered a wooden toy for my son was so happy with the quality and price.
I used to buy my console games from game at a silly price then saw smyths do it cheaper if you collect. The stores are great and the staff are kind and helpful and there’s some great deals as well
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND…
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
AVOID...AVOID...
Bought a boxing punch bag for my son.Opened it used it for 2 days.It was not suitable for my 8yr old.I emailed them.No response for 2 weeks than got a reply ..No returns if the item has been opened!!!TRY to avoid smythstoys.AND PASS THE WORD!!!
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND…
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
AVOID...AVOID...
My experience was amazing in store they helped in every way
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 3.96 based on 169 reviews