Smyths Toys Superstores Reviews

of reviewers recommend Smyths Toys Superstores
Live Chat, Email, Telephone

Tell us how Smyths Toys Superstores made you happy
I used to work at the Smyths Toys Superstore Salford West One, and it was honestly the worst experience, I am still recovering years later. The managers always seemed to feel the need to bully me, knowing that I work hard, it always hurt to know that they would verbally attack me unprovoked. I was the only black woman working there at the time, and although I don’t want to say that it was a racial attack; anytime I spoke to the only other black person working there (he was the only one who made me feel welcome) they claimed that I was flirting even though he was much older. A woman there made up many lies about me that the managers instantly believed, and would corner me and interrogate me on situations that I had nothing to do with. I would go home crying every single day!!! The fact that grown men felt it was okay to put me in such an uncomfortable position like locking me in a room to confront me on these false accusations still scares me to this day. Don’t ever work at a place like this, these people are horrible!
Not sure the managing of the glocester site is at all logical.. Wanted to buy a bike for my grandson, saw an ideal bike and asked for it to be brought down off the shelf. The sales assistant wasn't the tallest so I offered to help with the bike only to be told no customer was allowed to touch the bike.. I suggested I was not prepared to buy a bike that my grandson could not even try for size but was told he could not touch the bike so declined to go any further.. We then went and touched 4 footballs, selecting one, took it up to the assistant who took it to be blown up, passing it to someone else who then passed it back to me, no sanitising nor gloves used at any time. Logic seems to be missing somewhere!!!!!
Terrible practices. Bought a £250 PS4. Less than one week later it went faulty, fault was intermittent losing of WiFi, rendering the unit unreliable and not fir=t for games. Returned to Smyths where they said they need to test it. They tested it for a hour and said nothing wrong. Despite trying to explain what the fault was and that it was intermittent, they simply did not want to know. I am out of pocket by £250 for a week old useless black plastic box. Seems I have to do all the chasing around to Sony direct. WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. Do not buy electronic items from this store.
Would never advice you to buy frim smyths..TERRIBLE customer service.wanted to return an item after 2 days.But no returns if item has been opened!!!! Than customer service....!! They need help and a lesson on manners.
Do not shop at Ipswich store, if anything is broken or missing , thay dont care and you will end up with nothing, staff very rude. If I had of read all there review's before my purchases, I would of never of gone there in first place, most of the reviews are bad .
Brought a cott mattress IPSWICH STORE was damaged but refused to refund and acused me of damage! Manager was very rude and asked me to leave store. Then he threw the un-protected matress onto the carpark floor and said its yours do what you want with it.
Bought a cot mattress which had a slight rip in the corner but we was happy to take it as it was still sealed, when we found out it was the wrong size we tried to return but they wouldn't except the unopened mattress
Ordered a wooden toy for my son was so happy with the quality and price.
I used to buy my console games from game at a silly price then saw smyths do it cheaper if you collect. The stores are great and the staff are kind and helpful and there’s some great deals as well
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND…
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
AVOID...AVOID...
Bought a boxing punch bag for my son.Opened it used it for 2 days.It was not suitable for my 8yr old.I emailed them.No response for 2 weeks than got a reply ..No returns if the item has been opened!!!TRY to avoid smythstoys.AND PASS THE WORD!!!
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND…
WORST STORE WITH TERRIBLE PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
AVOID...AVOID...
My experience was amazing in store they helped in every way
Quick and efficient click & collect order process, however, on collecting order, one of which was a large box, there were no trolleys available or staff to help with carry-to-car ... apart from the three chatting outside the shop. The employee checking out orders was offhand and completely disinterested in my dilemma. Another small item ordered was a Skipper (Barbie) "pot luck" set. I realise pot-luck is a risk but see now how you use this to clear unwanted stock as the item I got wasn't even featured in the selection shown on-line. I will be taking it back as soon as I can. Altogether a very unsatisfactory shopping experience.
I ordered a nintendo switch online. After paying I received the message "Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please do not try to place order again. Please email our dedicated Customer Support Team at callbacksmythstoys.com to confirm your order.”

The reply email said they cancelled the payment and asked me to try order again, contrary to the error message which told me do not order again and to contact them to confirm the order. Except the item is now out of stock. This also lost me an opportunity to buy at another store which was also in stock at same time and now out of stock.
None of the products are available online. But they advise to do store collection then there is a message advising all stores are closed. Extremely poor organisation and management of the website. Amateurs.
Waited 3 weeks for a pre-ordered Nintendo switch only to have it cancelled for no actual reason. Still waiting for my refund. DO NOT BUY FROM THERE.
Accepted an order for a console then decided they could not fulfil the order because they had no stock. I wouldn't mind if this was a simple error and they apologised but they send out a cancellation order without explanation full of bs lies about your address being at fault etc I note I was one of many today poor organisation and stock control evident
SmythsToys have been fantastic considering the Covid 19 crisis.
They were able to re-direct my package efficiently for me at no extra cost.
Thank you so much Pamela at Customer Services and Caitlin the driver, it's so appreciated at this especially difficult time.
Refused entry today at Newry store, as apparently I need my parent despite being 16 and I didn’t even attempt to buy any thing. Disgrace, I will not be back, I’ll buy my Xbox games elsewhere.
bought a wireless ps4 controller from their doncaster store, the microphone socket broke after 3 weeks of use, it was part of my boys xmas presents and i didn't take it back at the time because i couldn't find the receipt, fast forward to march and i found the receipt in some paperwork and tried to get it replaced under guarantee, the controller is in perfect condition apart from the microphone socket has broken away inside, they refuse to replace it saying it has been misused and i have had it for longer than 30 days, beware of this store people, they don't do consumer rights here.
Smyths Toys Superstores is rated 4.06 based on 161 reviews