Zealandier Tours Reviews

jan@zealandiertours.com

PO Box 4527
Mount Maunganui

Tell us how Zealandier Tours made you happy
I thoroughly enjoyed my recent trip to Port Waikato with Jan who told everyone so much about the history of the area. I would certainly like to take another trip in the near future when something appeals to me.
What a wonderful day we did have. After it being postponed by weather the week before.
The sun came out the wind sure did blow. But we got good fresh sea air. Sitting back relaxing
knowing we had a very capable Driver taking us. Zealandier Tours takes you to places you would never go on your own.
This was my first outing with Zealander Tours and it certainly won't be my last. It was a small group, well organised and all needs of older people were considered, frequent comfort stops and no hurrying at any stage. I liked the group , nobody put on any airs and everyone was friendly. I am looking forward to another trip with Zealandier Tours, and have already recommended it to my friends.
This tour company was amazing! I booked all my cruise ship tours with this company and everyone was excellent. They were well organized and very reliable. One of my tours turned out to be in a small touring van, very comfortable, and the guide went well beyond the call of duty to make our day a wonderful experience. Book now, you will pleased that you did!
The day trip to Miranda was enjoyable and informative. The nearly full bus-load of travelers were good company and Jan, our tour guide and driver,was excellent.
Recently my wife and I went with Zealandier tours to the Miranda seabird coast. It was a brilliant outing, good company, fine fish and chips and a pleasant walk along the foreshore.
I would highly recommend Zealandia tours to anybody as a professional and friendly tour company.
I had such a lovely day on our trip to the Shorebirds at Miranda. Jan is a fount of information and gives such detail of the places we are heading for and sights along the way. Jan had carefully planned this trip and perhaps the best thing was to meet with a member of the Shorebird Trust and hear about the birds habits and long haul flight from the Artic to Miranda. The cup of morning tea and biscuit in the Karangahape Gorge hit the right spot but the Fish and Chips at Kairua was mouth watering. A long but very happy day thank you.
With two buses running we enjoyed a hot cuppa in the Krangahaki Gorge we travelled on across the plains to be given a excellent half hour talk at the sea birds sanctuary. This wonderful site on the Western side of the Firth of Thames where wading birds world wide congregate over the feeding months fattening up on excellent mud flats fed by incoming tides depositing fresh goodies before They fly the long haul to Alaska, Siberia, or the Yukon to lay their eggs before flying back. We fed on excellent fish and chip. A great day out.
It was a lovely tour very friendly and professional. Will do more tours.
My wife uses a disability scooter and we wanted to see two things when our boat docked at Tauranga - Hobbiton and both thermal regions of Rotorua. For the first tour, Zealandier rearranged the vehicle so that we could fit the fold up scooter in the back - which meant my wife didn't have to struggle from the boat to the bus. They also reserved a golf buggy at Hobbiton (they only have a few.) so the tour was marvelous and we were able to see pretty much every thing. Tour guide was informative and very nice to all the passengers.
None of the set tours offered by anyone was able to match exactly what we wanted, so we chose a customised tour for just the two of us. Again the guide was terrific. We got there early enough to get prime position for the Geyser, then did the shorter of the walks around the coloured lakes. I was able to do the second walk, which had stairs too. Then it was on to the Maori village. The Maori guide was particularly helpful getting my wife around an unsteady surface for a scooter. Later, instead of seeing sheep farms and avocados (the usual extras), we went to the redwood forest and looked at those magnificent trees.
I can't rate Zealadier highly enough - the office staff were in constant contact letting us know what was happening, particularly with organising the golf buggy, and suggesting places on the second tour. unreservedly recommended.
Great, interesting content and commentary. Would highly recommend it.
We visited Hobbiton with Zealandier Tours and I found them very well organised and efficient. We were visiting NZ on a cruise ship and I booked the tour privately - not through the cruise ship. Loved Hobbiton and the NZ Countryside - out driver was very informative and we stopped to see a beautiful waterfull on the way out to Hobbiton. We also had a couple of stops on the way back to the port and this made it feel like the tour was not just about Hobbiton and gave us an opportunity to learn more about the area we were visiting.
Wonderful tour, excellent guide. Thank you
Courteous and knowledgeable
I had to admit that my group is very satisfied with your service with the driver Jan and the good condition of the car. Even Jan had performed beyond her task as driver , but she is also a good tour guide that we rely on.
highly recommended .
Unfortunately our tour was cancelled due to a passengar jumping from the ship, so we never made port. Zealandier tours refunded the cost of the tour in full. . Thank You!
We enjoyed the tours very much. They felt very personal and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Zealander as a tour company in New Zealand. Also, we never had any problem being back on time to catch our ship.
We had three wonderful tours with the company. My only complaint was they added other people to our tour which I didn't know about and the people never showed up after waiting for them for over 30 minutes. That was very frustrating. Otherwise, the tours and guides were fantastic.
Thank you all so much. May tourism get back to normal soon for all of us.
Sue
I haven't had a chance to take a tour yet, but I had one booked for last year, which had to be changed to later this year. Zealandier had the best range of tours at good prices, they have friendly staff who answer emails, and they gave me a full refund.
We did two tours while on a cruise in February 2020. The Rotorua/Hobbiton Tour from Tauranga and the WOW Tour with Black Rose Limo in Napier. Both tours were excellent.
Zealandier Tours is rated 4.75 based on 56 reviews