A-Plan Insurance Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read A-Plan Insurance Reviews

About A-Plan Insurance:

A-Plan Insurance has been providing a personal service to our clients since the 1960s through our 80+ High Street branches.

01993 893311

marketing@aplan.co.uk

I had to be proactive to start the renewal process this year and the follow up Admin left a lot to be desired. Documentation promised to sent to me never arrived and when I called in the office nothing was ready for collection. I was told this was due to computer problems but it happened with both my House and Car insurance renewals! The actual insurances obtained however were competitively priced and met my requirements.
(Hemel Hempstead) - Posted 1 month ago
Dear Mr Moore, we are sorry to hear about your experience. I have asked your branch to get in touch to discuss this.
My initial contact to notify the accident was not an experience I would like to experience again. My perception was that I should pay for the damage as mu insurance premium would increase if I claimed. Fortunately I have managed to avoid claiming on my insurance for a long number of years and when I needed to claim, I was disappointed. Also this survey mentions that I have taken out a new policy with APlan but to my knowledge, this is not the case, although I have made a claim!
(Eastleigh) - Posted 1 month ago
Dear Mr Neil, we are really sorry to hear about your experience. I have asked your branch to get in touch to discuss this.
Recently not as happy with A plan as I used to be especially as a long standing. customer
(Newbury) - Posted 1 month ago
Insurance is fine. Just takes a while for a renewal quote. They always leave it to the day before your insurance is due to run out.
(Welwyn Garden City) - Posted 1 month ago
I took out landlords insurance recently. The young man who helped me was a newish member of staff, he was very helpful and professional. However when I had a query I needed help with a few days later, I called in to my local office and on two separate occasions dealt with two different people both of whom were not as helpful. One of them gave me the impression that they were not as keen to help and didn’t seem interested.
(Macclesfield) - Posted 1 month ago
ithink you have confused me with someone else my insurance wasrenewed in july
(Worcester) - Posted 1 month ago
Not impressed, won't be renewing will look around myself in future.
(Maidstone) - Posted 1 month ago
Sorry to hear that. We will pass your feedback on to the branch and they will be in touch directly to resolve this.
Curate's egg.Good service for my car insurance .Just the opposite for the house and contents.Had to change to another provider.
(Bath) - Posted 1 month ago
Although initially you would get competitive quotes, increasingly I have found that they have become un-competitive (even though I have at least 3 policies with you) such that I have not been able to renew my wife's motor insurance policy with you on this occasion
(Farnham) - Posted 1 month ago
Helpful, local (ish) & fairly competitive. Offers including breakdown (with home start) in future would be helpful for people in country with no public transport for over 3 miles.
(Shrewsbury) - Posted 1 month ago
Reasonable rates for a classic car but poor value for owners wishing to add younger members of family for an occasional drive. Will probably consider an alternative insurer next year.
(Worcester) - Posted 2 months ago
Sorry to hear that Mr Chidwick. I believe you spoke to the Pete at TR Register insurance and I trust this has all now been explained and resolved.
Strange experience. First quote was expensive and the agent struggled to explain the rise. Eventually the price was negotiated down somewhat but A-Plan insisted on quoting a higher premium on the paperwork compared to the lower price I paid. Very irregular in my opinion. The service was better from the company they took over, Bluefin, who were more personable and better at explaining changes in the premium.
(Wilmslow) - Posted 2 months ago
I spoke to someone last week about finding another insurance company that may be cheaper but the lady was very unhelpful.
(Leamington Spa) - Posted 2 months ago
Very sorry to hear about your experience. We have passed your comments to the branch manager who will be in touch to help resolve this for you.
I spoke to the manager and had a hike of £140 on last year. Did some research and rang back and spoke to an operative. She gave me a hike of £40 which I found acceptable. I have now after many years lost trust with A plan and may go direct to my chosen company next time!!!!!!!
(Newport) - Posted 3 months ago
Dear Mr Phillips, we're sorry to hear that. We have passed on this feedback to your branch manager who will be in touch to resolve this matter with you.
Job done but I had to hold on for a long time I kept being put on hold
(Eastleigh) - Posted 3 months ago
Thank you for your feedback Mr Smith. We have passed this on to your branch so that they can improve processes in the future.
Have only been signed up to tha A-Plan insurance for a short while so can’t really give any worthwhile feedback yet!
(Winchester) - Posted 10 months ago
I have been a customer of A plan for 30 years. Initially the service was excellent. The company is struggling to compete and retain customers. I eventually got a reasonable price for the insurance. One of your staff was dismissive and I almost changed to another company.
(Farnborough) - Posted 10 months ago
Dear Mrs Truss, we're really sorry to hear about your experience. We have passed on your comments to the branch manager who will be in touch to resolve this. We do appreciate your loyalty and obviously want to ensure that you continue to experience excellent service, so will be taking your feedback seriously.
Great insurance company not the best at returning calls when phoning to ask for various quotes for insurance
(Tooting) - Posted 1 year ago
My dealings with your company was way over a month ago, maybe 2 or more, and have now forgotten how it went. So impossible to review accurately!
(St Albans) - Posted 1 year ago
could not match legal and general, as a valuable customer my home insurance was a farce
(Maidstone) - Posted 1 year ago
Thank you for your feedback Mr Packman. I have passed this on to you branch who will be in touch to discuss the issues that you had.
A-Plan Insurance is rated 4.72 based on 5,909 reviews