Airbnb Reviews

of reviewers recommend Airbnb

Tell us how Airbnb made you happy
My experience has be very horrible. I made an account and booked my reservation after attempting to do this for hours due to receiving several errors. Shortly after I was able to make a reservation I received a text saying my reservation was canceled and to check my email. I received an email saying the account wasn’t legitimate and when I logged into my account I was prompted to give an explanation of who I was. I did all of that and then called a few hours later. I was put on hold for a few hours so I hung up and called again. I was told my account would be escalated and someone should contact me in 10 min. 16 hours later and after I have called multiple times and been hung up on and sent emails I’m my account is still locked. This is very important for me due to not having a place to stay at the moment. I had to move out of the home I was staying in because I’m transferring back to the U.S. and Airbnb still hasn’t helped me out even though they know I am in desperate need of an accommodation now!!!
Very disappointed in Airbnb for not allowing refund when the pandemic hit. They will not allow a refund even though the pandemic has continued. Very short and rude through customer messaging and support. Usually have great experiences at the stays themselves but very hurt with the disconnect in customer support from the actually company.
They are not regulated and don’t return calls. I accepted a travel credit for a COVID cancellation because I immediately rebooked for may 2021 - the host cancelled for no reason and I can book my usual cottage off Airbnb but they won’t give me a refund now or speak to me. Avoid
I raised a very serious issue regarding an apartment that I had rented. There were safety concerns and Airbnb were not at all interested despite the fact I had sent pictures proving my case. One day someone, potentially a child will be badly hurt in this apartment
It didn't it's all a vehicle to charge hosts listing and and get money from guests. YOU BETTER BE AN ATTORNEY BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T READ THEIR POLICY ENTIRELY YOU WILL OUT OF LUCK. They strictly exist for the host, who controls everything. It Doesn'the matter if the host lies or they put things on their website aren't true they control your money. Airbnb doesn't care they have No concern for the (user) their term. So Be Very careful because the host always wins and they will give you the runaround for days and make you think they really care but if the host says No they you out of luck.
Allowed property to cancel with no penality! The sole reason for my score is due to AirBnBs policy that is suited to the properties only (giving them all the power) and punishes the customers who pay the fees. If i was to cancel as a customer i would be punished! Just giving full refund is not enough (left to find alternative on NYE in Toyko 1 month out - impossible to find something safe for my 3 year old that we could afford) and i will not be using AirBnb again as i just dont trust that this wont happen again (I have heard too many stories now and AirBnb need to rethink their policies).
Airbnb is rated 2.55 based on 11 reviews