Amplifon Reviews

+44 (0) 161 209 7255

Categories:
Business & Office
Hearing Aid Companies

Tell us how Amplifon made you happy

Telephone
Ad Looking for other Hearing Aid Companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"I invested in digital hearing aids from Amplifon in Lincoln after sales disgraceful always having to have them sent back to be fixed at a cost to me. Michael Swift arrogant rude and disrespectful not in the slightest interested in deaf people I am now left with only one aid working and Mr Swift really does not care Would not reccomend Ampifon to anybody gezmccann@msn.com 07885 584 599"
Are you Amplifon? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Amplifon receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I was referred through Aetna to Amplifon to get some discount on hearing aids that I had already gotten from my ENT doctor. Well after applying and waiting for my ID card, I went back to the doctor's office only to find that the "discount" pricing offered was no less than the price I was already given by the doctor without using Amplifon. Some of the hearing aids were actually MORE than the prices I was quoted if I used the Amplifon."
"Very thorough hearing test in Northampton branch. Trial aids for one week in real situations to make sure everything was right. Very professional and courteous service - Would recommend"
"A couple of weeks Ago I got a phone call from the Ipswich branch offering me another hearing test and also offered me a free trial of hearing aids I thought brilliant so I booked in for today 4/10/18 got there and the receptionist was lovely very welcoming offered me a coffee she was very friendly I had my two year old son with me the audiologist came out and Greeted me went in to his office sat down which was only for about ten fifteen minutes only to be told that he couldn’t do anything he had a look in my ears he didn’t explain what was going on in my ears he didn’t do a hearing test at all which I why I was there in the first place and there was no offer of hearing aids all he said was that he needed me to go back to hospital to go back to ENT which I explained is difficult as I have no child care all my family members work and my partner can’t get time off work to help me out i found the audiologist quite rude i do not appreciate that in front of my son I walked out of the store very upset and angry, why ring me and offer me things and then turn me away it’s unacceptable and unprofessional and dishonest,"
"I have been using Amplifon Hearing for over ten years & go to their centre in Farnborough, Hanpshire. Lydia my audiologist there is wonderful & explains perfectly what she is doing throughout the hearing test. She is so efficient & caring, making sure that every detail is suitable for me whilst examining & testing my hearing. What I love about Amplifon is they never try to sell you something unless you ask about changing your aids & spend as much time as needed to get things right for you. I like the fact that the audiologists have their own centre meaning that you always deal with same person having built up a rapport & understanding of their patients, plus the friendly efficient back up staff at the branch.Thank all of you very much."
"My mother took her hearing aid into the Local Amplifon in Hanley, S-O-T for a yearly check. On examination, they tried to sell her another hearing aid when they said her existing one was faulty. When told that she could not afford another one, they said they could fix her existing one for £100. Reducing this to £50 when she protested. All they did was clean it, that was the fault."
"My 95 year old mother bought hearing aids from you in 2011 which cost nearly £3,000. She was told last year that they are now too old and she needs new ones. Defunct in only 6years !!! However, we kept all her appointments at the Amplifon clinic until the venue was changed I was then unable to get her to the new premises.for the supposedly "free lifetime aftercare." Home visits were arranged, this has been very satisfactory until today we have received a letter stating that for future visits my mother will be charged £30 each time. We are not impressed with the quality of the hearing aids we were never told at any time that there would be a possibility of such a short lifespan and now to add insult to injury she will have to pay for the continued aftercare. We will definitely not be recommending Amplifon to anyone."
"In response to Gordon’s comment above about not wasting time on hearing aids and treat the cause. What an idiot. My son was born deaf due to nerve damage. Can you sort that one out please Dr Gordon !!"
"Returned for my check up which I wasn’t looking forward to as the the other occasions I find found the audiologist abrupt . I was pleasantly surprised to find there was a new audiologist there Khalid who immediately put me at my ease with my questions no matter how simple they were. Jodie the receptionist was very welcoming, in fact a totally better than I’d had on previous visits."
"I have been waiting for a refund from Amplfon for weeks . After all the promises made I have still had no refund ,and no word to let me know what is happening ."
"I paid for 2 sets of hearing aids for myself and my husband. After 2 weeks returned my husband's has he could not cope with them. There is a 60 days return policy, I was assured there would be no problem with the refund, after 5 weeks and calls to the hull branch, have still not received the refund. Keep being told there is a fault with the computers which I don't believe. Now considering taking the matter further."
"I purchased a tv head set after being recommended the product by the manager. The headset was not fit for purpose and I returned the product to get a refund. I have now been waiting 2+ weeks and I am STILL WAITing for my refund. I was told the refund must be autorised by head office but 2+ weeks in ridiculous. How can a high street company really NOT have the facilities to refund money's owed straight away. I will NOT BE using this company again. And I will also be informing all other 146 apartments in my block of elderly residents NOT to use them either."
"DON'T WASTE MONEY ON HEARING AIDS. TREAT THE CAUSE NOT THE SYMPTOM GOOGLE "LYNNE FARROW FACEBOOK ""
"DON'T WASTE MONEY ON HEARING AID. GOOGLE" LYNNE FARROW FACEBOOK" AND CORRECT YOUR IODINE DEFICIENCY EASILY AND CHEAPLY. REGARDS"
"I accompanied my 87 year old Mum for her assessment and fitting for hearing aids for both ears.We went to the Amplifon shop on High Row in Darlington .She was very impressed with the thorough test and we were both treated with amazing customer care which included consideration of her individual wishes and expectations and excellent explanations. We were never hurried and the follow -up care has been great. You can't see the hearing aids, and they fit neatly behind her ears without causing problems with her spectacles. No hesitation in recommending this company."
"Earlier this month I went along to the Amplifon store on the Lisburn Road, Belfast for a free hearing test with the intention of getting hearing aids if I required them. I am an ex police officer and had lost some of my hearing as a result of my job. Stephen the consultant in the Lisburn Road Branch ran very thorough tests to assess my hearing capability. These tests revealed that I had moderate hearing loss at certain frequencies. I was offered a free trial of hearing aids over the Christmas period an ideal time to assess the full impact of hearing aids on my hearing in crowds and small gatherings. When the hearing aids were fitted and set for my loss I found them to be excellent amplifiers of sound in clarity with very minimal or no feedback noise. The trial period was one week and I wore the hearing aids each day of the trial except one due to activities I was taking part in. When the trial period ended I was aware that although the hearing aids were excellent products I had been perhaps a bit premature in thinking I needed them. When I had the hearing tests Stephen had told me that Even though I had a loss that I had trained my ears well to cope with that loss and that my need at present may be borderline. This was an honest assessment with no push to sell the hearing aids and as previously stated an offer of a free trial. While I opted not to have the hearing aids at this point in my life I am aware that at some timein the future I will require them and I will have no hesitation in going to Amplifon again as the service and products are excellent and I could not rate them high enough."
"My hearing aids supplied by your Wakefield branch were impossible to use in any social situation. 1. The directional ability was near zero and my default method to survive social engagements was to remove them. 2. They were tremendously loud and I was regularly shocked by sudden everyday noise. 3. The cones wore rapidly and needed constant attention. 4. There was a visit to A and E on one occasion for removal of a dislodged cone. 5. I was constantly changing batteries. 6. After twelve months they both developed a noise issue with a constant tone being emitted to complement my tinitus. 7. Whilst away for repair (although I believe they were replaced) I was left without hearing aids, not a happy scenario fraught with frustration for me and my immediate family. 8. Numerous visits to your Chester le Street store for numerous adjustments, repairs and alterations have left me with a pair of hearing aids I no longer use. I spent almost £3000 from my pensioners savings to buy what I thought would be a life saving service to help keep my tinitus at bay. I now feel robbed, mugged and I feel your organisation is dishonest by nature. It was even suggested that I claim on my household insurance in order to afford an upgrade to the top hearing aids to facilitate better social environment adjustments. 9. To put a top hat on this the connection to my iphone was horribly inconsistent, if the phone went I could never be sure if I would receive the call in my head or through my laptop or just as a normal phone. Carrying out any alterations via the phone was a nightmare, having to switch the connection off and the on again in order to gain any chance of altering my aids. This all takes time and in a highly sound stressed environment it is utterly frustration. I am most disappointed with Amplifon, the answer to my prayers has become a nightmare and I am thousands of pounds poorer. Very very very frustrated and annoyed."
"I have been taking my dad to have his hearing check and hearing aids fitted at the Hanley store, then subsequently the follow up care appointments. We are very happy with the products and the service, everything has been made very easy from the outset. Mr Perkin was very easy to talk for both my dad and myself, my dad is not the easiest of people to deal with at times, most of the time actually, but the whole family is really happy with the outcome here. Well done Mr Perkin!"
"I was greeted by a nice receptionist who offered me a coffee. My hearing tests were explained to me in plain English and was recommended hearing aids which has improved my hearing. I would recommend Amplifon to others as I was treated with courtesy."
"mis-sold phoank hearing aids that have broken about 20 times each one"
Amplifon is rated 3.64 based on 129 reviews