Copart Reviews

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week
Read Copart Reviews

david.tuck@copart.com

Tell us how Copart made you happy
Copart 1 star review on 29th June 2020
Stuart Dando
Buyer Beware
Won a lot for a Jeep. Made an offer to "buy it now." After the sale, I discovered it read "located offsite," and wasn't on the premises. I wished to view it (obviously). They told me that they couldn't reveal the private parties information for me to see it. Okay. I asked the name of the outfit selling it, they told me it was something like Guillorys auto and body. Quick search on the goog, I found the selling outfit, put it in maps, headed over myself. The Jeep had no battery, and no gas. The shop attendant tried his hardest to get it running, and when it cranked it misfired like someone yanked half the spark plugs out, smoked out the exhaust pipe like a chimney, and the gas fumes permeating from under the hood were unbearable. It killed after about 6 seconds, and wouldn't start back up. "Probably just a little trash in the fuel line, from running out of gas" He told me. I said, it was advertised as a run & drive. I then requested, that they (the seller) terminate the sale on their end to avoid the fees I would incur backing out. Surprisingly enough, they agreed, however, Copart, on the other hand, weren't having it, and wanted to get paid either way. They demanded I cover the $400 termination cost regardless of which party was in the wrong. And that vehicles were inspected by staff "on-site" albeit it was never delivered to their facility, and I was responsible for checking it out, even though they wouldn't reveal to me the location. I knew it something seemed sketchy from the start, that's why they didn't have it with the rest of the vehicles, and jumped through every hoop to hide it from me. I'm glad I went with my gut and had a hunch to go and check it out.

Do what I did, before the 3 days are up to pay, go to my account, then navigate to the credit card section, get your deposit/deposits back, call up your card company, put a hold on all transactions for a week, and never, ever, do business with this fly-by-night company again.
If you cant see car do it especially from jersey

Always pay for vin check
Bought 4 that where like this or worst
Worst customer services I've had to deal with.
They asked me to change my password last week. Now I cant log in. Found out today they have cancelled my account for inactivety. I am on my account every day. I will never use them again. Avoid at all cost.
Won a car said primary damage rear end secondary damage scratches run and drive had the car delivered head gasket gone overheating in seconds phoned copart they told me its my responsibility to check car even you are not allowed on site due to covid 19 this is a bad company with no morals
Copart they have trash customer service.
Buyers be aware!!!!

Traders and general public please stay away… stay away… stay away… from this company.

Burn your money instead of buying from this fraudulent and deceptive company.

Purchased a car from Copart was described as Run and Drive with minor dents & scratches. When delivered, it was discovered that the vehicle was involved in major accident and the outer panels were replaced to hide the extent of damage. Moreover all the major ECU, sensors and components were taken out prior to delivery. A complete fraud, deception and misrepresentation. The case will be in the court and I will inform the members about the outcome.
They also charge disguised credit card charges in the name of “non-preferred payment method” which is illegal. I gona report that to consumer helpline. Will update about the outcome of both cases.

They are making full use of COVID-19 to deceive customers because they can’t inspect the junk they are selling as salvage cars. I wonder how UK authorities are still allowing this to happen in this country.
I sold a motorcycle. They came in about $2,000 under book value which was on par with their competitors. The process was seamless. I took a few pictures and the driver came out the next day to pick it up. He had the check and it was over. The check cleared from Bank of America the day after my deposit. Overall super painless and efficient! If you're selling to them I certainly recommend doing so with Copart.
Copart is going to die soon because of its employees. They are so rude and lack customers service sense of empathy. I saw that my account has suspended view days after winning a lot and no communications was sent to me. I called the help desk and was being transferred from one dept to another. Finally I was able to reach a very saucy lady in account department who told me that my account was suspended because of charge-back. They have done this to my account before and I paid the charges with my card but this time no communication and no means of getting the charges paid as I cannot login into my account. The most annoying part was that this rude lady banged the phone on me even when I was taking it cool with her to know the reason and the right person to talk to, considering the pandemic and all sorts of things happening now across the nation. I can’t wait to have an auction site that can stand this overrated and careless company.
If you are individual buyers please do not even sign up for Copart.com they will charger you arm and legs with all the fees and after repairs it is not going to be worth it to buy car from them. Please do not waste your time and money these people just taking people money. They are simply ripping you off. I hope this will help some people.
Thanks
brought and paid for delivery .4 weeks…
brought and paid for delivery .4 weeks pasted no car phoned them up had not a clue about delivery . 6 weeks went on wanted to charge me for storage .no one answers the phone
We bought a 2010 Toyota Tacoma truck and had it delivered from Hampton Virginia to Miami Florida. It was exactly what we saw on line right down to the tool box and the floor mats. All in with no body damage and good tires our total investment was $5318. We will never buy a used car from a dealer again when Copart has what we are looking for. Thanks, Frank Jewett and Elias Martin
(Our all in fee includes using Alex as our on line bidder who has a membership?
Bid as though the engine is blown. I recently won a vehicle on Copart. The vehicle status was minor dents and scratches and runs and drives. I bid accordingly. When I picked up the vehicle it wouldn't start because the battery was dead as they usually are. I replaced the battery and the car still would not start. I found out that the starter was bad so I ordered a new starter. When I replaced the starter the engine cranked but made a clunking noise. I decided to pull the spark plugs and scope the cylinder. Two of the spark plugs were completely smashed and the pistons where broken into pieces. There is no way that this vehicle started momentarily and ran at Coparts location unless they are the ones that destroyed it. I sent pictures of what I found to Copart corporate. I was told to get in touch with the local office. I emailed the General Manager and Regional manager from my local store. They did not respond. I called and was able to get in touch with the site manager. After the site manager spoke with the General Manager he said there is nothing that they could do. I'm not sure if it's outright fraud or employee error but I know it has cost me thousands. Copart shouldn't be able to say a car runs if the engine is completely blown. Copart plays both sides by saying it runs but then not taking any accountability. They profit from posting the incorrect vehicle condition. If they are unwilling to back "runs and drives" up, then they need to remove that from the vehicle status.
OMGGG COPART HAS GONE NEXT LEVEL GREEDY...TOO MUCH GREEDINESS WILL KILL YOUR COMPANY!!! Reported!!

Premium numbers for calling, uneducated and rude staff who hang up after 50mins of average waiting times, just found that membership prices has increased by another £10 and that "memberships are renewed on calendar year basis" instead of normal (so I will have to pay for full year of membership although I am joining in JUNE)

So you cannot currently see the vehicle due to covid and are bidding blindly on things where description is incorrect in most cases! not to mention the loading fee, online bidding fee, highways jacket fee, late fee, storage fee, and many other ripping-off fees all for the sake of a mangled car which I bought listed as "starts and drives" but when it was delivered IT DID NOT EVEN HAVE AN ENGINE!!!!!!!!!! COMPREHEND THIS!!!! and on top of that when I rang to complain the lady on the phone said "there is nothing she can do and I'll have to deal with it myself"...I am writing a letter to trading standards and Prime Minister and few other people to close down this company and make auctions highly regulated for customer safety...you should write the same letter.
They suspended my account because possible fraud they used same card for my member fees though and now are going to steal my deposit because they won't use my card for the purchase how can one be fraud and same card not be fraud for them to steal from me?
Let's see where to start. I boughtvso many cars and its like pulling the lever on a slot machine. Every now and then you win and get a good one so you keep trying and in the end you always lose. I've had at least 5 run and drive cars that were sold to me at high dollar only to find them completely mildew and flooded and don't run. Many had parts stolen after the pictures. Dozens were smashed by the forklifts with bumpers falling off, huge new dents, underside destroyed, many that said run and drive never start with locked up motors. I even sold one at copart that I just layer a motor in the engine compartment that didn't even go to that vehicle just to make it look like it had a motor and they listed it as a run and drive??? Really?? It was a blown Olds Cutlass Ciera laying in a Ford F150 haha. Oh well I got $1150 for that $200 truck. Cars that they say don't run might start up. They don't care. They just click stuff. If something goes wrong dont expect any help. Its illegal to sell a flood car as a clean title car but it took around 100 calls each to get them to give me my money back and even then they say it is a one time courtesy. REALLY???? As a one time courtesy we will obey the law. Hahahaha. Its worse to deal with these losers than dealing with the DMV, the IRS, the police, and Dish Network all in the same day. Oh and they need your email to post a review to verify its real. Here's another way to verify if its real. If its a 1 star review its REAL. Anything else is FAKE.
I bought this car 2018 Nissan Sentra May 18, 2020 I hired a Copart delivery services they charged me $358 for that delivery and then they told me that I have to wait another four weeks because they were no drivers available I drove myself to Tennessee Knoxville yard and they want they refuse to refund my money for that delivery please I need advice we need to get help Copart is very abusive
received a car today 4 weeks after I paid for Copart delivery - they won't let anybody pickup a car. The car won't start as the engine is shot. No mention in the ad - all it said was Cat N varous scratches. Send emails but no response
These people should be in jail. Amazing that a public company like this is still listed. I purchased a "Run and Drive" vehicle from them and found dozens of hidden thing that would have caused a severe accident, likely killing people. They had tack welded (very poorly) a snapped tie rod end to make it look like the vehicle was operable. Also they had zip tied a broken major steering column support component and covered it back up. Long story short, don't learn the hard way like I did. Stay away 100%
Don't buy from copart they don't respect their customers as they post fake photos of the car so you'll be bedding on a car but you'll receive a different from the photos that they post at auction time
Copart is rated 1.29 based on 134 reviews