Copart Reviews

04AM
4AM

david.tuck@copart.com

Click Here

Tell us how Copart made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"Sold my car to Copart for £500 , they came and collected on time as arranged, I was told that money will be in my account with in 2hrs time , I check my bank but nothing was there then I went online to check the reviews which I found lots of people se unhappy with this company, called them again and i was told that money would be in my bank account with in 15 min , to be honest I doubted but actually money was transferred to my bank account with in 10min Thank you!"
Are you Copart? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"After reading these reviews, I felt like someone needs to state the actual truth about buying from Copart. This is my experience thus far: First, let me state that i'm a reasonably attractive, blonde, female. I also have a *slight* obsession with vehicles and happen to know my way around a motor (and every other component) better than most men. However, given my gender and physical appearance, i'm accustomed to being treated as though i'm a blubbering idiot nearly every time I visit an auto parts store. I get the "little girl, what's going on with your car? Who told you this was what you needed? Did your husband send you over to grab this or ???" and all manner of similarly insulting nonsense. Not so, however, at the *pull it yourself lots*, you gain instant street cred by sucessfully pulling your own parts. I was proposed to 11 times over the course of a couple of day pulling parts for a 4cyl Camry I rebuilt. This is relevant because frankly, buying cars at a auction, open to the public or not, is a male dominated gig. I am so used to being treated like a bippytart or just someones wife, it's not even funny. Not so at Copart.... I was floored. First, the office was immaculate, i've been to three now and they are all. Not a spec of grease anywhere. Secondly, the staff has been awesome! They didn't treat me any differently than they did the big greasy guy behind me who was there to pick up 14 cars. Even on my first visit when I had no clue how it all worked, I was treated with the utmost respect and I truly appreciated it. My first Copart purchase was a high mileage (300k) 02 F150 5.4 for one of my sons. I have 4 sons btw, and I, not their dad, taught them basic car maintenance, changing tires, tune ups, brakes jobs, starters, alternators, thermostats, head gaskets, manifold gasket replacements (ugh) you know the basics..haha. I'm also a master at diagnosing mechanical problems. It's only because I am so COMPETENT and also CONFIDENT in my ability to make an educated decision with regard to potential issues as well as the vehicles likely history that I buy from Copart. For example with the truck, I could reasonably assume that it was well cared for in spite of sagging bumper and deployed airbags. I know that motor and it would not have made it to 300k had it neglected. I could also safely assume that most of the major components had been replaced as at their life span simply isn't 300k long, in most cases. For the 1000.00 I paid for it, I consider it one of my best buys and would bet a hefty chunk of change that it will see at lease 400k, maybe even 500k. The people complaining on here are simply trying to lay blame for poor decision making on something other than where it belongs; themselves. First, the pictures are pictures... Copart doesn't try to hide anything, but in any case, you're encouraged to go to the lot and actually look at the vehicle in person. If you're unhappy, you have nobody to blame but yourself for your laziness and greed. You're wanting a smoking deal on a great car but unwilling to even put forth the minimal effort to go to the lot and look at it. Ridic.... Next, its crystal clear that of the 600 required to have a business account, 400 is a fully refundable deposit and 200 is a non-refundable fee. I don't care what any supposedly *told* you, it's clear as day in black and white and impossible to miss. If for some reason that I fail to believe, you missed it, again, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't expect someone to do the work for you. It's your money and your responsibility to read the agreement. You don't get to whine about it because you chose not to. Third, a 99 luxury car is nothing more than an expensive repair waiting to happen. Most people who buy from Copart are trying to make money on their investments. Given that we don't know what the potential problems may be, a worse case scenario repair allowance needs to be factored in. In the case of an older Mercedes thats about 2k. You may know that it's perfect but nobody else does and they aren't going to take your word for it. You'd do the same if you were buying. So if, with the auction price and fees being around 700.00. Now were at 2700 on your 4500 car. 4500 is retail, it won't likely sell for retail. It will likely sell about 1k back of that but lets say 3750.00 which is fair. That leaves about 1k in profit for someone who does this for a living. Thats not much considering the market for that car is much smaller than it would be for a Camry of the same year adn they could have purchasd 2-3 of them and made triple the profit, for the amount they have into your 4500.00 car. Thats why your donated vehicle is truly worth less than 500 bucks. Try to think of it from a perspective other than your own. Fourth, not listing accurate retail value.... are you serious? That's YOUR JOB to determine. I can't even believe anyone would expect this, seriously. If you don't have the ability to arrive at the value on your own, you have zero business buying in this format and even less complaining about it. Don't quit your day job. Fifth, who leaves 1700 in valuables in a car at an auto auction? If you did, that's your fault don't blame Copart for you careless stupidity. Sixth, Copart is not your mechanic!!! They don't go through vehicles to check out previously done work. They are VERY CLEAR about this. You don't get to go blame them becuase you were too lazy and/or cheap to hire your own mechanic or inspector to go through the vehicle for you. The rest of these complaints are the same nonsense as i've addressed. What is wrong with you people? You fail to read the contract and expect others to do your work for you while expecting some amazing deal to be handed to you. Grow up and take responsibility for your own laziness. Copart hides nothing. They tell you exactly how they operate in black and white and it's impossible to miss. You want something for nothing and that just isn't going to happen with auction vehicles. Do us all a favor and just go to a dealership next time. That's where people such as yourselves belong."
"very nice costomer service , specially kiran zubery very helpful ."
"Great website and company to do business with so many vehicles to look at, and when you go to the auction side so straightforward to bid and pay."
"I sold my car to them. Someone, from CoPart, contacted me in a decent amount of time. First I dealt with Clunker Junker, then Peddle and finally CoPart. Everyone, either by email or telephone was very nice to me............Good Service. When Copart picked up my car, the man, Jay, was polite. I traded my title and keys for a check. I will let everyone know how things go as far as the check is concerned."
"Copart was Delight to work with. Everyone was helpful & polite. Even the machine operator took time to actually tell me to follow him to the vehicle I had to inspect, which was all the way in the back of the lot. Ty."
"I'm just tired of company like yours lie to consumes I was so happy to find something cheap cause I need a vehicle but when the final price for the vehicle is reviewed I rather spend money money on Craigslist or buy From a junkyard cause when a price is set that what you pay not a gate fee not a buyer fee not an online fee no taxes on it if I buy a vehicle for 225 that's the price I pay no with all the fee you add to it total cost 800 dollar really in would like to see a company that trying to help people not rip them off"
"I buy from them because it’s cheap, but they hid damage as much as possible in their photos and if you have a problem, their support is non existent. My state requires an additional form to transfer out of state vehicles. Many Copart locations are fine with signing as the seller, but Dayton Ohio, and Atlanta West both have ladies behind the desk that refuse to sign them saying they only notarize documents for their state. If that’s the case, they shouldn’t sell to out of state buyers. Other locations within the same state will sign it so it just who’s behind the counter that’s the problem. They say it’s not their responsibility to sign it, but they have consigned to sell the cars as a seller and legally they are responsible for providing whatever documents are needed to transfer the car. Managers are useless and agree to whatever their girls say. I contacted Corporate headquarters and they said there is nothing they can do that everything is locally managed. My only recourse is taking the form to a Copart within my state to have them sign it. This is a two hour drive one way. All simply because they are unwilling to do the job they are paid to do that these locations. Sadly, these are locations that are closest to me and it’s really a problem for me."
"WOULD BE NO STARS IF POSSIBLE! MY VAN WENT TO BE ASSESSED FOR THE DRIVER'S SIDE WING MIRROR TO BE REPAIRED. THE FITTED SEAT COVERS WERE RIPPED OUT AND STUFFED IN THE UNDERSEAT STORAGE! NOT REMOVED, RIPPED OUT, SO THE STRAPS WERE BROKEN. NO MENTION OF IT UNTIL THE VEHICLE WAS DROPPED OFF BY THE REPAIRERS (NOT COPART BUT AN EXCELLENT COMPANY!). STILL WAITING FOR COPART TO SORT OUT! THEY SAID THE SEATS NEEDED TO BE EXAMINED FOR VALUATION! WHY? AND IF THAT WAS THE CASE WHY WERE THEY NOT REMOVED CAREFULLY AND REPLACED!"
"On May 30, 2019, I bought a Ford Mustang car at copart.com Photos that were at the auction of this vehicle were completely different than the actual condition of the car. Photos of the vehicle when it was picked up by the driver are completely different. The copart.com car has been damaged by a forklift driver and this can also be seen in the pictures. I send them in the attachment. I am asking for help because there are so many people like me. I have already written to the Copart Manager to give me the number of the insurance policy and the name and surname of the employee who gave us the vehicle in the parking lot but unfortunately did not do it. In addition, he blocked us an account for further vehicle auctions."
"Don’t buy from copart in Walton Kentucky. I buy over 1000 cars a year through copart. Bought 10 last week, go to pick up today and we are told they are at their max capacity for trucks and we would need to park on the road. They had trucks parked on the side the road unsafe to the point the police came. I took pics of the lot it has 7 trucks loading and lots of space to get us off the street as you can see in the pics!!! It doesn’t stop there!!! I stand inside for 8 mins watching the woman talk and laugh with their drivers I finally asked if someone was going to help. I was told by Samantha not to come during lunch if I want to be helped!!!! She then laughed. I told her she was being rude and that’s not really how you treat your customers. She said it must be a crime to laugh. Well, I got no assistance from the manager Holly was told to just not buy if we won’t like it. So that’s what I am doing not buying!!! They also seem to think Holly, Samantha and the other 2 rude ass ladies think corporate pays their checks not the customers!!! They said they don’t care if we take those 10 or not easier on them!! They get paid regardless!!! WAY TO GO COPART!!! Rude rude rude!!!"
"My Ford F150 was taken to this place in Anthony NM (El Paso) by my insurance company after a wreck. When i went to pick up my truck, my JL audio subwoofer box was missing. I asked the manager (J.G.), he basically told me to F myself and they weren't responsible after my insurance adjuster showed him the picture. This place has no customer service skills and No accountability. Now i need to file a claim again with my insurance company US&& for the stolen speaker box...If your insurance takes your vehicle there...BEWARE..."
"Spoke to Leon - or well Leon spoke over me the entire time. I was just trying to get a quote for my 2008 dodge. 125 dollars Is what he offered - no way in hell. When I declined he kept asking if the other quotes gave me a copy of the amount and that the car would sell for 300 at an auction. ??? I have been to an auction before and had put nearly 1000 in new parts in the thing in the last six months. So extremely disrespectful and rude. Just because I am a girl doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about. Ended up selling it for 1000 just to get it out of my parking lot and when he called back the next day and was informed the attitude amplified. Lowest quote I’ve ever received. Try craiglists or anywhere before this place. ALSO THEY DEMAND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO NOW IM GETTING EMAILS."
"Do yourself a favor and stay away from this action! It’s the worst from car description to customer service!!"
"Worst action ever, checked 10 cars for EU import .. 8 of them are healed, people re brand pure salvage and make them look nice on photos when you get the real car you will be in shock , it have more hidden damages and copart lies that is only minor scratches and dents. What a scam auction ..."
"I bought more than 11 cars on copart all but 1 needed a new engine even though they market them as run in drive"
"Really bad bought a 2017 Cadillac xt5 clean title received vehicle Andrew's Texas salvage title flood vehicle multiple vin# car has no power all computers water logged.engine frozen called copart nothing they can do they go by the vin in the windsheild.as is flood vehicle is not a clean title and 2 vin# s 2 months car still sitting in my drive way calling BBB cant take it any longer."
"Do not use copart"
"longtime member but it's time to leave. Tired of their I don't care attitudes, non phone support when you need help, managers who hide in their office avoiding calls and emails and don't handle issues, storage fees terrible now that free storage was reduced fro 6 days to 2, charging gate fee when they don't help load heavies (not sure how that's legal when they don't provide service). They lay awake at night dreaming up new fees to charge buyers! And on the seller side nonpayers are becoming a problem, and GMs let buyers out of a sale and arbitrarily relist vehicles under different damage codes costing sellers money. Done with them"
"We bought Mercedes Benz model S550E 2016. the car was hit on the right side and because of the high cost we request inspection and spent the extra money and they sent us pictures that the car is drive-able. we receive the car and found the following: 1- The car is not driveable 2- Lot of Parts are missing 3- someone couple the car just to get it to the auction. 4- the car is supposed to be Hybrid and the main part is the battery which was not working as well. our repair cost $12,990 for the battery alone from Mercedes Benz plus over $15000 in repair of the car. we called and complained about the issue since last year and we tried to follow up again and again and all we receive is (WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU) the market value of the car is $45,000 to $47,500 with a clean title but in our case, the car cost us so far $71,000. if they have told us the truth about the condition we would have never bought the car but they lied to us with the condition and also by saying it is green light which it is not... I can say that they are liars. i will never buy from them again and i will ask everyone to be careful when thinking of buying from the again."
Copart is rated 1.34 based on 70 reviews