Copart Reviews

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week
Read Copart Reviews

david.tuck@copart.com

Tell us how Copart made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
More Photos & Videos
I hit a buy it now car ford taurus so what it came up to i didn't expect it so i said cancelle it. Then i remember it cost to relist the car so quickly called back told them I'll buy it but they relist it already but they said go to copart monday morning with 1,177.78 i went called copart in Georgia spoke to a lady who told me to go monday morning to pay the car will be back in your account. Gets a call after 1 hour i leave from copart sorry someone brought the car Sunday night then took $200 out my 1,1778.78 saying relist fee but we can negotiate relist is $400 then say they need to send a request to refund my money. If it was relist why u telling me go to copart with money orders monday morning it was to late friday to pay them. I mean what u going to take $1,1778.78 or $400 they put the car back up on buy it now and told me on friday come Monday to it and i did.
Sold my car to Copart for £500 , they came and collected on time as arranged, I was told that money will be in my account with in 2hrs time , I check my bank but nothing was there then I went online to check the reviews which I found lots of people se unhappy with this company, called them again and i was told that money would be in my bank account with in 15 min , to be honest I doubted but actually money was transferred to my bank account with in 10min

Thank you!
After reading these reviews, I felt like someone needs to state the actual truth about buying from Copart. This is my experience thus far:
First, let me state that i'm a reasonably attractive, blonde, female. I also have a *slight* obsession with vehicles and happen to know my way around a motor (and every other component) better than most men. However, given my gender and physical appearance, i'm accustomed to being treated as though i'm a blubbering idiot nearly every time I visit an auto parts store. I get the "little girl, what's going on with your car? Who told you this was what you needed? Did your husband send you over to grab this or ???" and all manner of similarly insulting nonsense. Not so, however, at the *pull it yourself lots*, you gain instant street cred by sucessfully pulling your own parts. I was proposed to 11 times over the course of a couple of day pulling parts for a 4cyl Camry I rebuilt. This is relevant because frankly, buying cars at a auction, open to the public or not, is a male dominated gig. I am so used to being treated like a bippytart or just someones wife, it's not even funny. Not so at Copart.... I was floored.
First, the office was immaculate, i've been to three now and they are all. Not a spec of grease anywhere. Secondly, the staff has been awesome! They didn't treat me any differently than they did the big greasy guy behind me who was there to pick up 14 cars. Even on my first visit when I had no clue how it all worked, I was treated with the utmost respect and I truly appreciated it.

My first Copart purchase was a high mileage (300k) 02 F150 5.4 for one of my sons. I have 4 sons btw, and I, not their dad, taught them basic car maintenance, changing tires, tune ups, brakes jobs, starters, alternators, thermostats, head gaskets, manifold gasket replacements (ugh) you know the basics..haha. I'm also a master at diagnosing mechanical problems. It's only because I am so COMPETENT and also CONFIDENT in my ability to make an educated decision with regard to potential issues as well as the vehicles likely history that I buy from Copart. For example with the truck, I could reasonably assume that it was well cared for in spite of sagging bumper and deployed airbags. I know that motor and it would not have made it to 300k had it neglected. I could also safely assume that most of the major components had been replaced as at their life span simply isn't 300k long, in most cases. For the 1000.00 I paid for it, I consider it one of my best buys and would bet a hefty chunk of change that it will see at lease 400k, maybe even 500k.

The people complaining on here are simply trying to lay blame for poor decision making on something other than where it belongs; themselves. First, the pictures are pictures... Copart doesn't try to hide anything, but in any case, you're encouraged to go to the lot and actually look at the vehicle in person. If you're unhappy, you have nobody to blame but yourself for your laziness and greed. You're wanting a smoking deal on a great car but unwilling to even put forth the minimal effort to go to the lot and look at it. Ridic.... Next, its crystal clear that of the 600 required to have a business account, 400 is a fully refundable deposit and 200 is a non-refundable fee. I don't care what any supposedly *told* you, it's clear as day in black and white and impossible to miss. If for some reason that I fail to believe, you missed it, again, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't expect someone to do the work for you. It's your money and your responsibility to read the agreement. You don't get to whine about it because you chose not to. Third, a 99 luxury car is nothing more than an expensive repair waiting to happen. Most people who buy from Copart are trying to make money on their investments. Given that we don't know what the potential problems may be, a worse case scenario repair allowance needs to be factored in. In the case of an older Mercedes thats about 2k. You may know that it's perfect but nobody else does and they aren't going to take your word for it. You'd do the same if you were buying. So if, with the auction price and fees being around 700.00. Now were at 2700 on your 4500 car. 4500 is retail, it won't likely sell for retail. It will likely sell about 1k back of that but lets say 3750.00 which is fair. That leaves about 1k in profit for someone who does this for a living. Thats not much considering the market for that car is much smaller than it would be for a Camry of the same year adn they could have purchasd 2-3 of them and made triple the profit, for the amount they have into your 4500.00 car. Thats why your donated vehicle is truly worth less than 500 bucks. Try to think of it from a perspective other than your own. Fourth, not listing accurate retail value.... are you serious? That's YOUR JOB to determine. I can't even believe anyone would expect this, seriously. If you don't have the ability to arrive at the value on your own, you have zero business buying in this format and even less complaining about it. Don't quit your day job. Fifth, who leaves 1700 in valuables in a car at an auto auction? If you did, that's your fault don't blame Copart for you careless stupidity. Sixth, Copart is not your mechanic!!! They don't go through vehicles to check out previously done work. They are VERY CLEAR about this. You don't get to go blame them becuase you were too lazy and/or cheap to hire your own mechanic or inspector to go through the vehicle for you. The rest of these complaints are the same nonsense as i've addressed.

What is wrong with you people? You fail to read the contract and expect others to do your work for you while expecting some amazing deal to be handed to you. Grow up and take responsibility for your own laziness. Copart hides nothing. They tell you exactly how they operate in black and white and it's impossible to miss. You want something for nothing and that just isn't going to happen with auction vehicles. Do us all a favor and just go to a dealership next time. That's where people such as yourselves belong.
very nice costomer service , specially kiran zubery very helpful .
Great website and company to do business with so many vehicles to look at, and when you go to the auction side so straightforward to bid and pay.
I sold my car to them. Someone, from CoPart, contacted me in a decent amount of time. First I dealt with Clunker Junker, then Peddle and finally CoPart. Everyone, either by email or telephone was very nice to me............Good Service. When Copart picked up my car, the man, Jay, was polite. I traded my title and keys for a check. I will let everyone know how things go as far as the check is concerned.
Copart was Delight to work with. Everyone was helpful & polite. Even the machine operator took time to actually tell me to follow him to the vehicle I had to inspect, which was all the way in the back of the lot. Ty.
Copart did not make me happy this time . Although I bought many cars from copart over many years that worked out the last 3 from them were corvettes and you would think I would have learned my lesson but.... people cheated and changed the engines and the pictures and info did not tell all ... One did not even HAVE A MOTOR IN IT which you could not see from the pics , the listing said it had a 7.0 L in it , one had a good motor but the body was totally twisted and much frame damage basically a scrap title sold as salvage , again info did not say that only FRONT End damage. The last one someone took out the 7.0 427 engine and put in a scrap 5.2 to look the same ,again no information on that listing and the pictures did not show that , someone listing it could have easily seen what a picture didn't show. I have complained because these were 3 different yards but they say I could have paid for an inspection and once out the door its mine !! I checked and suing them is impossible, so I guess the best bet is to pay for the inspection when buying online . I am trying to make lemonade out of some pretty sour situations and after much trying I did get my money back for the one without a motor thankfully but not expenses
I did write it
I'm just tired of company like yours lie to consumes I was so happy to find something cheap cause I need a vehicle but when the final price for the vehicle is reviewed I rather spend money money on Craigslist or buy From a junkyard cause when a price is set that what you pay not a gate fee not a buyer fee not an online fee no taxes on it if I buy a vehicle for 225 that's the price I pay no with all the fee you add to it total cost 800 dollar really in would like to see a company that trying to help people not rip them off
I buy from them because it’s cheap, but they hid damage as much as possible in their photos and if you have a problem, their support is non existent.
My state requires an additional form to transfer out of state vehicles. Many Copart locations are fine with signing as the seller, but Dayton Ohio, and Atlanta West both have ladies behind the desk that refuse to sign them saying they only notarize documents for their state. If that’s the case, they shouldn’t sell to out of state buyers. Other locations within the same state will sign it so it just who’s behind the counter that’s the problem.
They say it’s not their responsibility to sign it, but they have consigned to sell the cars as a seller and legally they are responsible for providing whatever documents are needed to transfer the car. Managers are useless and agree to whatever their girls say. I contacted Corporate headquarters and they said there is nothing they can do that everything is locally managed. My only recourse is taking the form to a Copart within my state to have them sign it. This is a two hour drive one way. All simply because they are unwilling to do the job they are paid to do that these locations. Sadly, these are locations that are closest to me and it’s really a problem for me.
I bought this car 2018 Nissan Sentra May 18, 2020 I hired a Copart delivery services they charged me $358 for that delivery and then they told me that I have to wait another four weeks because they were no drivers available I drove myself to Tennessee Knoxville yard and they want they refuse to refund my money for that delivery please I need advice we need to get help Copart is very abusive
received a car today 4 weeks after I paid for Copart delivery - they won't let anybody pickup a car. The car won't start as the engine is shot. No mention in the ad - all it said was Cat N varous scratches. Send emails but no response
These people should be in jail. Amazing that a public company like this is still listed. I purchased a "Run and Drive" vehicle from them and found dozens of hidden thing that would have caused a severe accident, likely killing people. They had tack welded (very poorly) a snapped tie rod end to make it look like the vehicle was operable. Also they had zip tied a broken major steering column support component and covered it back up. Long story short, don't learn the hard way like I did. Stay away 100%
Don't buy from copart they don't respect their customers as they post fake photos of the car so you'll be bedding on a car but you'll receive a different from the photos that they post at auction time
Baught a car advertised as cat s and was cat b
Waiting car 4weeks,
" Warning " do not buy from this Copart
Please guys be aware this company, Copart Uk are ripoff fraudsters and gangsters,They are taking advantage of Covid lock down by ripping members off on delivery only purchases, no prior viewing , deceive members with bad angled photos of cars to disguise extent of damage , premium phone lines when you make a call, allow you to bid on cars knowing they are preventing collection of cars for export when there is no delivery outside Uk then charge you storage charges because you cannot collect even after sending a car transport company from abroad. Looking for full refund now. I will now exercise my rights under EU internet consumer law and seek a full refund under the 14day internet purchase rules
DO NO BUY from Copart learn from my mistake
I have been buying from Copart since 2016 and have purchased several hundred thousand dollars worth of cars over the years. Recently they decided to drop my dealer status without letting me know. I took the renewed license to them in November when I got it. They scanned it and said I was good to go. March 20th 2020 they started over charging me and had overcharged me by $1,245.00 when i discovered what they had been doing. I went to the local office and asked for a refund. They sent an email and were able to reinstate my dealer status but refuse to refund the overcharge. Copart is price gouging small business during a pandemic. This is unacceptable but it appears there is nothing I can do about it.
Thank you all for helping me not get burnt!!! It's so appreciated!!!!
Copart is rated 1.26 based on 118 reviews