Copart Reviews

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week
Read Copart Reviews

david.tuck@copart.com

Tell us how Copart made you happy
Copart 1 star review on 29th June 2020
Stuart Dando
" Warning " do not buy from this Copart
Please guys be aware this company, Copart Uk are ripoff fraudsters and gangsters,They are taking advantage of Covid lock down by ripping members off on delivery only purchases, no prior viewing , deceive members with bad angled photos of cars to disguise extent of damage , premium phone lines when you make a call, allow you to bid on cars knowing they are preventing collection of cars for export when there is no delivery outside Uk then charge you storage charges because you cannot collect even after sending a car transport company from abroad. Looking for full refund now. I will now exercise my rights under EU internet consumer law and seek a full refund under the 14day internet purchase rules
DO NO BUY from Copart learn from my mistake
I have been buying from Copart since 2016 and have purchased several hundred thousand dollars worth of cars over the years. Recently they decided to drop my dealer status without letting me know. I took the renewed license to them in November when I got it. They scanned it and said I was good to go. March 20th 2020 they started over charging me and had overcharged me by $1,245.00 when i discovered what they had been doing. I went to the local office and asked for a refund. They sent an email and were able to reinstate my dealer status but refuse to refund the overcharge. Copart is price gouging small business during a pandemic. This is unacceptable but it appears there is nothing I can do about it.
As a former insider I saw, with my own eyes, how Copart bids up their auctioned vehicles. One employee watched the bidding to make sure it goes higher. Very dishonest company. Poor management. Poor work environment. Poor ethics. Racist and condescending.
COPART HAVE GOTTON NEXT LEVEL GREEDY NOW AND RESORTED TO THEIVING...They charge you extortionate amount of this fee, that fee, loading fee, breathing fee, late fee, storage, bidding fee, low volume purchase fee, joining fee, renewal fee, re-list fee etc etc...ALL BUT IN RETURN FOR EXCEPTIONALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MANGLED CARS WITH LAZY ERRONEOUS DESCRIPTION.

STAY WELL AWAY AND GET YOUR VEHICLES FROM SOMEONE SANE
NO WHERE on the app shows what fees they charge. You have to dig for that. SHADY. Found that out the hard way. Bought a car for 5600 and they charge me 20% “buyer fee” And some other unscrupulous charges. The other shady thing was I won the bid then got an email a few hours later saying “the seller would like to make you a counter offer”...WTF?! I won but you want to offer me to pay more?!?!?! I called today member services saying I want to cancel this and they told me to call the lot that I won the car from. She said best case they will relist it and charge me 10% of purchase. Eff y’all Im calling the damn attorney general.
The world needs to know , copart does not know the meaning of integrity, if you buy a car at copart assume the damage is serious, figure a new motor or transmission at the very least. I have notified the attorney generals office and the department of transportation, they will review but copart just lies so much.
BUT TO PROTECT OTHERS FROM THIS COMPANY EVERYONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AND THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. LETS GET THIS COMPANY SHUT DOWN !!!
The company is a fraud hiding behind T&C and treating members as if they have no rights.
I won a bid on a vehicle described as run and drive with primary damage of minor scratches and dents.
On collection after payment I discovered that the vehicle only drives on the first gear. I immediately notified the manager but he insisted I must accept the vehicle in the condition.
I however refused to collect the vehicle and returned the documents and the key.
Copart is yet to refund my payment after series of letters.
I will follow up legally in order to get my refund
My Ford F150 was taken to this place in Anthony NM (El Paso) by my insurance company after a wreck. When i went to pick up my truck, my JL audio subwoofer box was missing. I asked the manager (J.G.), he basically told me to F myself and they weren't responsible after my insurance adjuster showed him the picture. This place has no customer service skills and No accountability. Now i need to file a claim again with my insurance company US&& for the stolen speaker box...If your insurance takes your vehicle there...BEWARE...
I have purchased many vehicles from copart in my time as manager at a salvage yard. Copart does try to hide damage and deceive the buyer with the photos of the vehicles, for instance notice they take the picture from the passenger side, rarely showing the common wear area of the drivers seat. The photos are also shot in low resolution so flaws are nearly impossible to see. Always try to go view the vehicle in person if possible, things like underbody rust will not be noted by Copart.
In addition, please note these facts about Copart:
Estimated value is listed by seller and can be whatever the seller wants it to be.
Copart’s vehicle delivery is not available to residential addresses.
You will be charged a Gate fee even if vehicle never leaves their yard.
If you place a preliminary bid and the current bid is below your max bid when the auction starts, Copart will raise the bid to your max automatically even if there are no more bids.
This is a very shady operation that will try to rip you off any way they can. If possible use a reputable seller such as Manheim auctions instead,
Won a car said primary damage rear end secondary damage scratches run and drive had the car delivered head gasket gone overheating in seconds phoned copart they told me its my responsibility to check car even you are not allowed on site due to covid 19 this is a bad company with no morals
Buyers be aware!!!!

Traders and general public please stay away… stay away… stay away… from this company.

Burn your money instead of buying from this fraudulent and deceptive company.

Purchased a car from Copart was described as Run and Drive with minor dents & scratches. When delivered, it was discovered that the vehicle was involved in major accident and the outer panels were replaced to hide the extent of damage. Moreover all the major ECU, sensors and components were taken out prior to delivery. A complete fraud, deception and misrepresentation. The case will be in the court and I will inform the members about the outcome.
They also charge disguised credit card charges in the name of “non-preferred payment method” which is illegal. I gona report that to consumer helpline. Will update about the outcome of both cases.

They are making full use of COVID-19 to deceive customers because they can’t inspect the junk they are selling as salvage cars. I wonder how UK authorities are still allowing this to happen in this country.
Copart is going to die soon because of its employees. They are so rude and lack customers service sense of empathy. I saw that my account has suspended view days after winning a lot and no communications was sent to me. I called the help desk and was being transferred from one dept to another. Finally I was able to reach a very saucy lady in account department who told me that my account was suspended because of charge-back. They have done this to my account before and I paid the charges with my card but this time no communication and no means of getting the charges paid as I cannot login into my account. The most annoying part was that this rude lady banged the phone on me even when I was taking it cool with her to know the reason and the right person to talk to, considering the pandemic and all sorts of things happening now across the nation. I can’t wait to have an auction site that can stand this overrated and careless company.
If you are individual buyers please do not even sign up for Copart.com they will charger you arm and legs with all the fees and after repairs it is not going to be worth it to buy car from them. Please do not waste your time and money these people just taking people money. They are simply ripping you off. I hope this will help some people.
Thanks
Bid as though the engine is blown. I recently won a vehicle on Copart. The vehicle status was minor dents and scratches and runs and drives. I bid accordingly. When I picked up the vehicle it wouldn't start because the battery was dead as they usually are. I replaced the battery and the car still would not start. I found out that the starter was bad so I ordered a new starter. When I replaced the starter the engine cranked but made a clunking noise. I decided to pull the spark plugs and scope the cylinder. Two of the spark plugs were completely smashed and the pistons where broken into pieces. There is no way that this vehicle started momentarily and ran at Coparts location unless they are the ones that destroyed it. I sent pictures of what I found to Copart corporate. I was told to get in touch with the local office. I emailed the General Manager and Regional manager from my local store. They did not respond. I called and was able to get in touch with the site manager. After the site manager spoke with the General Manager he said there is nothing that they could do. I'm not sure if it's outright fraud or employee error but I know it has cost me thousands. Copart shouldn't be able to say a car runs if the engine is completely blown. Copart plays both sides by saying it runs but then not taking any accountability. They profit from posting the incorrect vehicle condition. If they are unwilling to back "runs and drives" up, then they need to remove that from the vehicle status.
Let's see where to start. I boughtvso many cars and its like pulling the lever on a slot machine. Every now and then you win and get a good one so you keep trying and in the end you always lose. I've had at least 5 run and drive cars that were sold to me at high dollar only to find them completely mildew and flooded and don't run. Many had parts stolen after the pictures. Dozens were smashed by the forklifts with bumpers falling off, huge new dents, underside destroyed, many that said run and drive never start with locked up motors. I even sold one at copart that I just layer a motor in the engine compartment that didn't even go to that vehicle just to make it look like it had a motor and they listed it as a run and drive??? Really?? It was a blown Olds Cutlass Ciera laying in a Ford F150 haha. Oh well I got $1150 for that $200 truck. Cars that they say don't run might start up. They don't care. They just click stuff. If something goes wrong dont expect any help. Its illegal to sell a flood car as a clean title car but it took around 100 calls each to get them to give me my money back and even then they say it is a one time courtesy. REALLY???? As a one time courtesy we will obey the law. Hahahaha. Its worse to deal with these losers than dealing with the DMV, the IRS, the police, and Dish Network all in the same day. Oh and they need your email to post a review to verify its real. Here's another way to verify if its real. If its a 1 star review its REAL. Anything else is FAKE.
These people should be in jail. Amazing that a public company like this is still listed. I purchased a "Run and Drive" vehicle from them and found dozens of hidden thing that would have caused a severe accident, likely killing people. They had tack welded (very poorly) a snapped tie rod end to make it look like the vehicle was operable. Also they had zip tied a broken major steering column support component and covered it back up. Long story short, don't learn the hard way like I did. Stay away 100%
Don't buy from copart they don't respect their customers as they post fake photos of the car so you'll be bedding on a car but you'll receive a different from the photos that they post at auction time
I’m glad I read the reviews, I definitely won’t be buying anything from Copart. Thanks to all of you with the reviews.
I was bidding on a truck and the bid was applied to a car. I "won" the car and then had to pay $400 for their mistake. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!!!! There are better ways to buy a wrecked vehicle!
This company is the most unethical scam show I've ever had to deal with. Bidders beware, they will cover up damage that you never thought was there on vehicles to try and get top dollar. They screw people out of thousands and thousands of dollars, and will fine you if not paid.
Copart is rated 1.29 based on 133 reviews