Copart Reviews

03AM
3AM

david.tuck@copart.com

Click Here

Tell us how Copart made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"I have purchased many vehicles from copart in my time as manager at a salvage yard. Copart does try to hide damage and deceive the buyer with the photos of the vehicles, for instance notice they take the picture from the passenger side, rarely showing the common wear area of the drivers seat. The photos are also shot in low resolution so flaws are nearly impossible to see. Always try to go view the vehicle in person if possible, things like underbody rust will not be noted by Copart. In addition, please note these facts about Copart: Estimated value is listed by seller and can be whatever the seller wants it to be. Copart’s vehicle delivery is not available to residential addresses. You will be charged a Gate fee even if vehicle never leaves their yard. If you place a preliminary bid and the current bid is below your max bid when the auction starts, Copart will raise the bid to your max automatically even if there are no more bids. This is a very shady operation that will try to rip you off any way they can. If possible use a reputable seller such as Manheim auctions instead,"
Are you Copart? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"MARCH 22 2019 I HAVE PURCHASED TROUGH COPART USA WB SITE 2008 MB GL 450 FROM LOCATION IN NORTH BOSTON 55R NORTH BILICA RD .THIS WAS "BY IT NOW" / OFF SITE SALE/RUN AND DRIVE/CLEAN TITLE VEHICLE. I HAVE PAID FULL ASKING PRICE OF $8900 + FEES ETC TOTAL OF $9600 . VEHICLE WAS REMOVED FROM AUCTION AND INVOICE WAS SENT TO ME WITH BALANCE "0". THIS WAS LOT NO 29731609 . MONDAY MAR 25 2019 ACTUAL SELLER DELIVERED VEHICLE TO THE COPART YARD. AROUND 10:30 AM I CALLED AND WAS TOLD THAT VEHICLE JUST ARRIVED. I HAVE APPOINTED COPART APPROVED INSPECTOR AND SENT HIM TO THE COPART YARD TO INSPECT MY NEWLY ACQUIRED VEHICLE. SHORTLY AFTER HE ARRIVED AND INSPECTED VEHICLE SENT ME TWO DOZEN PHOTOS SHOWING , AMONG OTHER THINGS WARNING LIGHT FOR BRAKES AND SUSPENSION. ON ADVERTISED PHOTOS ON THE DAY OF SALE PICTURE SHOW ENGINE RUNNING AND NO WARNING LIGHTS ON THE DASHBOARD. INSPECTOR WAS UNABLE TO DRIVE THE CAR BECAUSE BRAKES WERE DOWN TO THE FLOOR . ALSO HE FOUND EMPTY BOTTLE OF BRAKE FLUID IN CUP HOLDER BETWEEN DRIVER AND PASSENGER. IN ADDITION FRONT LEFT BUMPER WAS SIDE SWEAPT AND DAMAGED WHICH WAS NOT SHOWN ON ORIGINAL ADVERTISED PHOTOS ON THE DAY OF SALE. CONFRONTED COPART MANAGER MR THURE WESTER WHO SENT HIS LOT MANAGE TO VERIFY AND CONFIRM. SO HE DID. THEN HE CONTACTED SELLER AND SELLER REQUESTED MY PERMISSION TO TAKE VEHICLE TO SHOP FOR REPAIRS OF THE BRAKES IGNORING MY REQUEST FOR SUSPENSION. I HAVE APPROVED SELLER TO TAKE VEHICLE TO HIS SHOP PROVIDING THAT REPAIRS AND REPORT IS PROVIDED TO MY INSPECTOR . COMES TUESDAY APRIL 2 2019 AND I HAVEN'T HEARD BACK. SENT E MAIL TO MR THURE WESTER AND REQUESTED UPDATE. SHORTLY AFTER THAT HE REPLIED THAT SELLER IN UNABLE TO REPAIR BRAKES AND THAT HE IS OFFERING ME $300 USD . I HAVE REFUSED THAT OFFER AND INSISTED THAT SELLER HAS TO PRESENT VEHICLE IN THE CONDITION IT HAS BEEN ADVERTISED. THURE WESTER REPLIED THAT HE WILL REVERSE SALE AND REFUND MY FULL PAYMENT AND RELIST VEHICLE FOR SALE. I HAVE ADVISED HIM THAT TIS IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME AS A LEGAL OWNER OF THAT VEHICLE. HE IGNORED MY REQUEST AND RELISTED IT AGAIN FOR SALE USING THE VERY SAME FRAUDULENT PICTURES HE HAD BEFORE . ONLY CHANGE NOW DESCRIPTION SAYS "VEHICLE STARTS". COPART MANAGER WESTER HAS STOPPED REPLYING TO MY REPETITIVE E MAILS. ALSO I HAVE FILED COMPLAINT TO COPART MEMBER SERVICES BOTH ON LINE AS WELL AS TRUE E MAIL. NO RESPONSE AS TO DATE. I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO REACH TO COPART CEO MR A. Jayson Adair TRUE LINKEDL WEB SITE WHICH OF I AM THE MEMBER. NO REPLY FROM ANYONE. FYI CEO NET WORTH ~ O.5 BILLION USD $. SO I GUESS BUSINESS AS DESCRIBED MUST BE GOOD. COPART POLICY TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN SHORT SUMMARIZE" YOU AS A MEMBER./BUYER HAVE NO RIGHTS OF ANY KIND . YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TOP SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED BEFORE OR AFTER THE SALE. EVEN AFTYER YOU PAID COPART IS THE BOSS AND THEY STILL OWN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR PURCHASED CAR AND THEY CAN DO WHAT EVER THEY ARE PLEASED AT THE TIME RESPECTIVE OF ANY COUNTRIES LAWS ETC. HAVE NO DOUBTS ABOUT THAT WHAT SO EVER. IT HAS BEEN MANY LAW SUITS AND WITH EVERY ONE OF THOSE COMING OUT NEW TERM IS INSERTED IN RULES AND REGULATIONS. BY BEING A MULTI BILLION $ COMPANY WITH OVER 50000 EMPLOYEES IN 190+ COUNTRIES YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT CHANCE YOU STAND AND FIGHT THEM IN THE COURT OF LAW . THEIR LEGAL TEAM vs ME (YOU)...WELL YOU KNOW HOW IT WILL END REGARDLESS OF YOU BEING 100% RIGHT. IN COPART AND AS PER COPART POLICES THEY ARE GODS AND UNTOUCHABLE. IN-SPITE I WILL TRY TO TOUCH THEM BY SPREADING THE FACTS(I HAVE IT ALL DOCUMENTED IN BLACK AND WHITE) WITH HOE THAT YOU WILL NOT BECOME NEXT VICTIM OF THIS FRAUDULENTLY BASED CONGLOMERATE. JUST REMEMBER: COPART TERMS AND CONDITIONS LABELS YOU AS "NOBODY WITH NO RIGHTS EXCEPT TO UNCONDITIONALLY SPEND YOUR MONEY".WE WORK HARD FOR WHAT WE HAVE SO DONT DO MISTAKE LIKE I DID. I AM YET TO KNOW ABOUT ALLEGED REFUND WHICH I DID NOT REQUEST . MY VEHICLE IS RELISTED AND THIS IS THE lot 29731609 . DONT FALL FOR IT. COPART REPLY TO THIS COMMENTS IS IRRELEVANT BECAUSE IT WILL BE FALSE. WHAT IT MATTERS IS CONSUMERS REACTION AND FOLLOW UP FROM CONSUMERS SIDE. What I will do is keep spreading the facts trough all means of social media with hope for positive change for all of us. Business does not need to be fraudulent to be successful."
"This worst company to deal with. They are very dishonest. And will do any mean to cheat you. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS"
"You wait 20-30 minutes to talk with someone then you get hung up on right after they answer. Ridiculous !"
"Let me start off by saying I feel like many of you. The customer service if you want to call it that is horrible. Good luck trying to speak to anyone on the phone. The agents are clearly getting paid for free, Copart can't have a QA department. All the agents do is hang up the phone. It's so bad the worst I have ever experience. I thought it was just a one time thing however I called back two weeks later and it was the same hang up gang! My account got deleted due to not logging in (according to Copart). I had to resubmit my dealer license and paperwork which has been pending forever. I think I'm going to skip logging in all together and let this account close indefinitely. I can't deal with NO company this UNPROFESSIONAL!"
"Thieves: Bid on and won a $17k Vehicle wire transfer wouldn't go thru so I drove the 125 miles to make payment in person and to see my prize. BUT NO they will no let you see the vehicle until you pay in full, and have a transport ready and waiting. Then and ONLY then can you view your Vehicle. Things were not going as it should, and I smelled something fishy so I declined the sale. Now they want $2,000. in fees or I get booted as a member. So go screw yourself CoFart."
"After reading these reviews, I felt like someone needs to state the actual truth about buying from Copart. This is my experience thus far: First, let me state that i'm a reasonably attractive, blonde, female. I also have a *slight* obsession with vehicles and happen to know my way around a motor (and every other component) better than most men. However, given my gender and physical appearance, i'm accustomed to being treated as though i'm a blubbering idiot nearly every time I visit an auto parts store. I get the "little girl, what's going on with your car? Who told you this was what you needed? Did your husband send you over to grab this or ???" and all manner of similarly insulting nonsense. Not so, however, at the *pull it yourself lots*, you gain instant street cred by sucessfully pulling your own parts. I was proposed to 11 times over the course of a couple of day pulling parts for a 4cyl Camry I rebuilt. This is relevant because frankly, buying cars at a auction, open to the public or not, is a male dominated gig. I am so used to being treated like a bippytart or just someones wife, it's not even funny. Not so at Copart.... I was floored. First, the office was immaculate, i've been to three now and they are all. Not a spec of grease anywhere. Secondly, the staff has been awesome! They didn't treat me any differently than they did the big greasy guy behind me who was there to pick up 14 cars. Even on my first visit when I had no clue how it all worked, I was treated with the utmost respect and I truly appreciated it. My first Copart purchase was a high mileage (300k) 02 F150 5.4 for one of my sons. I have 4 sons btw, and I, not their dad, taught them basic car maintenance, changing tires, tune ups, brakes jobs, starters, alternators, thermostats, head gaskets, manifold gasket replacements (ugh) you know the basics..haha. I'm also a master at diagnosing mechanical problems. It's only because I am so COMPETENT and also CONFIDENT in my ability to make an educated decision with regard to potential issues as well as the vehicles likely history that I buy from Copart. For example with the truck, I could reasonably assume that it was well cared for in spite of sagging bumper and deployed airbags. I know that motor and it would not have made it to 300k had it neglected. I could also safely assume that most of the major components had been replaced as at their life span simply isn't 300k long, in most cases. For the 1000.00 I paid for it, I consider it one of my best buys and would bet a hefty chunk of change that it will see at lease 400k, maybe even 500k. The people complaining on here are simply trying to lay blame for poor decision making on something other than where it belongs; themselves. First, the pictures are pictures... Copart doesn't try to hide anything, but in any case, you're encouraged to go to the lot and actually look at the vehicle in person. If you're unhappy, you have nobody to blame but yourself for your laziness and greed. You're wanting a smoking deal on a great car but unwilling to even put forth the minimal effort to go to the lot and look at it. Ridic.... Next, its crystal clear that of the 600 required to have a business account, 400 is a fully refundable deposit and 200 is a non-refundable fee. I don't care what any supposedly *told* you, it's clear as day in black and white and impossible to miss. If for some reason that I fail to believe, you missed it, again, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't expect someone to do the work for you. It's your money and your responsibility to read the agreement. You don't get to whine about it because you chose not to. Third, a 99 luxury car is nothing more than an expensive repair waiting to happen. Most people who buy from Copart are trying to make money on their investments. Given that we don't know what the potential problems may be, a worse case scenario repair allowance needs to be factored in. In the case of an older Mercedes thats about 2k. You may know that it's perfect but nobody else does and they aren't going to take your word for it. You'd do the same if you were buying. So if, with the auction price and fees being around 700.00. Now were at 2700 on your 4500 car. 4500 is retail, it won't likely sell for retail. It will likely sell about 1k back of that but lets say 3750.00 which is fair. That leaves about 1k in profit for someone who does this for a living. Thats not much considering the market for that car is much smaller than it would be for a Camry of the same year adn they could have purchasd 2-3 of them and made triple the profit, for the amount they have into your 4500.00 car. Thats why your donated vehicle is truly worth less than 500 bucks. Try to think of it from a perspective other than your own. Fourth, not listing accurate retail value.... are you serious? That's YOUR JOB to determine. I can't even believe anyone would expect this, seriously. If you don't have the ability to arrive at the value on your own, you have zero business buying in this format and even less complaining about it. Don't quit your day job. Fifth, who leaves 1700 in valuables in a car at an auto auction? If you did, that's your fault don't blame Copart for you careless stupidity. Sixth, Copart is not your mechanic!!! They don't go through vehicles to check out previously done work. They are VERY CLEAR about this. You don't get to go blame them becuase you were too lazy and/or cheap to hire your own mechanic or inspector to go through the vehicle for you. The rest of these complaints are the same nonsense as i've addressed. What is wrong with you people? You fail to read the contract and expect others to do your work for you while expecting some amazing deal to be handed to you. Grow up and take responsibility for your own laziness. Copart hides nothing. They tell you exactly how they operate in black and white and it's impossible to miss. You want something for nothing and that just isn't going to happen with auction vehicles. Do us all a favor and just go to a dealership next time. That's where people such as yourselves belong."
"I have read the reviews and I agree LIARS !!! They told me that my whole 600$ was refundable and it’s not. I even repeated the question 3 times. 2 days after they took my money they rejected my business on the account and to top it all off they never ran it thru the auction for me bid. When I called. They said it was a “buy it now” and it was sold already. Of course someone that worked there wanted it and they have there ways of getting around the system. Don’t EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!! They are liars and CHEATERS!"
"Liars,dishonest,rude, have no respect for customers!!!"
"Items go missing out of your car and nobody can tell you anything and all you get is an im sorry this happen to you. Over 1700 dollars worth or items out of my car is missing.. Everybody act like they know anything just clueless as a rock smh!"
"they crooked unprofessional and they are aware of it but just because they have customers from overseas this make them be careless."
"My Ford F150 was taken to this place in Anthony NM (El Paso) by my insurance company after a wreck. When i went to pick up my truck, my JL audio subwoofer box was missing. I asked the manager (J.G.), he basically told me to F myself and they weren't responsible after my insurance adjuster showed him the picture. This place has no customer service skills and No accountability. Now i need to file a claim again with my insurance company US&& for the stolen speaker box...If your insurance takes your vehicle there...BEWARE..."
"Let’s get together and sue this company, what they are doing is called misrepresentation. The Raleigh lot is a joke. They are ripping consumers off any and every way they can. Please contact me with any bad dealing you’ve had with this company. jeffpierce06@yahoo.com"
"Los obras de la subasta son demasiados caros compre un coche por $1300 y me cobraron $600 :("
"What a bunch of crooks! You cant trust the member services! They take 3 days to review a license then reject it...? Ive had a business 12 years with no problem untill copart could stiff me for a min of 3k to not receive my vehicle"
"Well lets start off they wont let you write a review unless you give them a star and they don't even deserve that. My reasoning behind this is the customer service or the lack of it. You walk in into copart its like the employees might look at you but thats about it. I see it as you walk into a normal place on business they greet you and ask how may i help you not at copart. Then the loader drivers don't even know how to load cars onto trailers. I've seen the loaders almost drop cars off the forks and almost drop cars off the trailers they are loading onto. Its clear as day copart doesn't teach the employees how to use the loaders. Copart must just tell the employees to go out and figure it out for your self how to run the loaders. I say that you cant be any more unsafe having unexperienced employees useing heavy machinery. Then copart say "drive slow in the yard" that rule must not comply with the employees that work there. With that being said, you have to watch out for the loader drivers there going as fast as the loaders can go. Copart have signs all over telling you to watch out for the loaders. You might look out for the loaders but they don't look out for you. Then when the loaders are driving around they have vehicles on the forks of the loader and they are jumping up and down and all around because how fast they are driving. I have to say i warn any customers or future customers of this place because if the car came in with no undercarriage damage i almost guarantee it will by the time it leaves. I sadly have to say i use to tow for this horrible company. I will also say they will do everything in there power to not pay you for cars that you brought in. The thing that is funny is that if they didn't have towers bringing in there cars they wouldn't be in business. Now that being said you would think they would treat and help the towers out that is not the case. When working there they give you assignments to do so you have to go and get paperwork from them when you do so its like a 15-30 minute wait until the one employee gets it to you. They are just like any big business or corporation any way they can screw over a person they will. The moral of the story here is don't waste your time going to this place unless you want to be bent over the counter and be screwed!!!!"
"Here is the complaint I sent to Copart Member Services Subject: Atlanta-West - IGNORE THE CUSTOMER MAYBE HE WILL GO AWAY Department: Corporate Office Message: On Dec 21 2018 I purchased a vehicle from the auction one day later ordered and paid for the vehicle and shipping in full. Here it is 31 days later no vehicle. It is only 2 hrs from the lot to my location. Now 15 phone calls later 14 responses of " it will be there tomorrow I promise". Still no vehicle. The office people refuse to let me talk to manager, every time I ask for him they put me to dispatch which conveniently never pick up. Gee really! The last time I called I asked where the vehicle was and the answer was" We are really not sure", We will have to get back to you on that. After spending a total of 1.5hrs on hold and still no car Good heavens I want my MONEY BACK ASAP tired of this. This company is nothing but a Fraud to steal peoples money then no refund???? I have lost sales, my customers are really not happy and my reputation is on the line because of your lack of good business ethics. I have however done business with Copart-Sikeston and they are the best ever. I would fire every one of those idiots at ATL WEST if I owned them. I know this complaint has most likely fallen on deaf ears. Like most, your drowning in profit, who cares about one unhappy customer. Here Is Customer Service?? Reply Subject: RE: Copart US - Member feedback Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 21:47:51 +0000 Hello, Unfortunately, member services is unable to assist with this. Please contact the yard where the vehicle is/was located for further assistance. You can view a list of our yards by going to copart.com and clicking on locations. You can also visit: https://www.copart.com/#/locationsList/ Thank you, have a wonderful day Olivia CSR Copart From: Member Website Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 10:54 AM To: Ops Member Services Subject: Copart US - Member feedback Here is My reply to such a careing group of business people- Hello?? Your the corporate entity called WHAT///???!!! "Member Services" but you can't help. Your whole company is a bunch of money mongering coconuts. HA HA I new it would fall on deaf ears All corporations are just alike. Not a bit of care for the customers. I am going to send this dam reply all over the internet....... see ya So ends another wonderful adventure with Copart. If you decide to do business with them I warned you!!!!"
"They are not stating the correct Est. Retail Value: on the vehicles that are as is. Copart, change the value on the vehicles to show the (as is) on site at the auction vehicle value with all the damages. NOT the retail value with NO damage.... Be smart everyone and check eg.(carfax sales, all sale sites) what a vehicle value is of the same with no damage."
"Liars,dishonest,rude, have no respect for customers keys goes missing they dont care about it the manager was supposed to call 3 weeks but didnt call."
"Couldn't give 0 stars but would have. My car was deemed a total loss by my insurance company. I've decided to retain possession but Copart is holding it "hostage" in hopes that I will give up and that they can resell it."
Copart is rated 1.34 based on 70 reviews