Copart Reviews

9% of reviewers recommend Copart
7PM
7PM

david.tuck@copart.com

Tell us how Copart made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"WOULD BE NO STARS IF POSSIBLE! MY VAN WENT TO BE ASSESSED FOR THE DRIVER'S SIDE WING MIRROR TO BE REPAIRED. THE FITTED SEAT COVERS WERE RIPPED OUT AND STUFFED IN THE UNDERSEAT STORAGE! NOT REMOVED, RIPPED OUT, SO THE STRAPS WERE BROKEN. NO MENTION OF IT UNTIL THE VEHICLE WAS DROPPED OFF BY THE REPAIRERS (NOT COPART BUT AN EXCELLENT COMPANY!). STILL WAITING FOR COPART TO SORT OUT! THEY SAID THE SEATS NEEDED TO BE EXAMINED FOR VALUATION! WHY? AND IF THAT WAS THE CASE WHY WERE THEY NOT REMOVED CAREFULLY AND REPLACED!"
Are you Copart? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"On May 30, 2019, I bought a Ford Mustang car at copart.com Photos that were at the auction of this vehicle were completely different than the actual condition of the car. Photos of the vehicle when it was picked up by the driver are completely different. The copart.com car has been damaged by a forklift driver and this can also be seen in the pictures. I send them in the attachment. I am asking for help because there are so many people like me. I have already written to the Copart Manager to give me the number of the insurance policy and the name and surname of the employee who gave us the vehicle in the parking lot but unfortunately did not do it. In addition, he blocked us an account for further vehicle auctions."
"Don’t buy from copart in Walton Kentucky. I buy over 1000 cars a year through copart. Bought 10 last week, go to pick up today and we are told they are at their max capacity for trucks and we would need to park on the road. They had trucks parked on the side the road unsafe to the point the police came. I took pics of the lot it has 7 trucks loading and lots of space to get us off the street as you can see in the pics!!! It doesn’t stop there!!! I stand inside for 8 mins watching the woman talk and laugh with their drivers I finally asked if someone was going to help. I was told by Samantha not to come during lunch if I want to be helped!!!! She then laughed. I told her she was being rude and that’s not really how you treat your customers. She said it must be a crime to laugh. Well, I got no assistance from the manager Holly was told to just not buy if we won’t like it. So that’s what I am doing not buying!!! They also seem to think Holly, Samantha and the other 2 rude ass ladies think corporate pays their checks not the customers!!! They said they don’t care if we take those 10 or not easier on them!! They get paid regardless!!! WAY TO GO COPART!!! Rude rude rude!!!"
"My Ford F150 was taken to this place in Anthony NM (El Paso) by my insurance company after a wreck. When i went to pick up my truck, my JL audio subwoofer box was missing. I asked the manager (J.G.), he basically told me to F myself and they weren't responsible after my insurance adjuster showed him the picture. This place has no customer service skills and No accountability. Now i need to file a claim again with my insurance company US&& for the stolen speaker box...If your insurance takes your vehicle there...BEWARE..."
"Spoke to Leon - or well Leon spoke over me the entire time. I was just trying to get a quote for my 2008 dodge. 125 dollars Is what he offered - no way in hell. When I declined he kept asking if the other quotes gave me a copy of the amount and that the car would sell for 300 at an auction. ??? I have been to an auction before and had put nearly 1000 in new parts in the thing in the last six months. So extremely disrespectful and rude. Just because I am a girl doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about. Ended up selling it for 1000 just to get it out of my parking lot and when he called back the next day and was informed the attitude amplified. Lowest quote I’ve ever received. Try craiglists or anywhere before this place. ALSO THEY DEMAND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO NOW IM GETTING EMAILS."
"Do yourself a favor and stay away from this action! It’s the worst from car description to customer service!!"
"Worst action ever, checked 10 cars for EU import .. 8 of them are healed, people re brand pure salvage and make them look nice on photos when you get the real car you will be in shock , it have more hidden damages and copart lies that is only minor scratches and dents. What a scam auction ..."
"I bought more than 11 cars on copart all but 1 needed a new engine even though they market them as run in drive"
"Really bad bought a 2017 Cadillac xt5 clean title received vehicle Andrew's Texas salvage title flood vehicle multiple vin# car has no power all computers water logged.engine frozen called copart nothing they can do they go by the vin in the windsheild.as is flood vehicle is not a clean title and 2 vin# s 2 months car still sitting in my drive way calling BBB cant take it any longer."
"Do not use copart"
"longtime member but it's time to leave. Tired of their I don't care attitudes, non phone support when you need help, managers who hide in their office avoiding calls and emails and don't handle issues, storage fees terrible now that free storage was reduced fro 6 days to 2, charging gate fee when they don't help load heavies (not sure how that's legal when they don't provide service). They lay awake at night dreaming up new fees to charge buyers! And on the seller side nonpayers are becoming a problem, and GMs let buyers out of a sale and arbitrarily relist vehicles under different damage codes costing sellers money. Done with them"
"We bought Mercedes Benz model S550E 2016. the car was hit on the right side and because of the high cost we request inspection and spent the extra money and they sent us pictures that the car is drive-able. we receive the car and found the following: 1- The car is not driveable 2- Lot of Parts are missing 3- someone couple the car just to get it to the auction. 4- the car is supposed to be Hybrid and the main part is the battery which was not working as well. our repair cost $12,990 for the battery alone from Mercedes Benz plus over $15000 in repair of the car. we called and complained about the issue since last year and we tried to follow up again and again and all we receive is (WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU) the market value of the car is $45,000 to $47,500 with a clean title but in our case, the car cost us so far $71,000. if they have told us the truth about the condition we would have never bought the car but they lied to us with the condition and also by saying it is green light which it is not... I can say that they are liars. i will never buy from them again and i will ask everyone to be careful when thinking of buying from the again."
"They have the worst customer service ever they treat their customers with disrespect I have send them my renewal 5 month ago and every day they drag me by saying this form not filled correctly I filed it again and send again. not recommending this company to no one .and I wish if they go out of business."
"Don't do business with these crooks I bought a run and drive jeep It had frozen water in the throttle body when I received it They never started it !LIES The headlight were drilled so water wouldn't show in pictures they use low resolution pictures also to mislead on damages So after I bought they ran a loader into the front and would not do anything about it Please register complaints on the way they mislead people"
"Deal with this company at your peril. We renewed our business membership and our check was quickly cashed. We attempted to buy online and were prevented from buying because some paperwork needed updating. We never received any notification by phone, email or mail so months of our membership were wasted. The local branch can not help with anything and member services are impossible to reach by phone and do not address the issue by email. 34 years in business and never have been so disrespected by a company who claim to want your business."
"Well my experience with Copart began a couple weeks ago, they had a customer service job open. I sent my resume in on Friday got a call Monday morning wanting to set up an interview. So we sit up a interview for Wednesday morning @9, and the lady said she would send me a follow up email with the directions and which building to enter for interview with contact person, Tuesday afternoon I still hadn’t received the email. So I called her back, she said I’m sorry I forgot.....so she put me on a brief hold and came back to the phone and said I quote....we are not taking anymore interviews, I said excuse me... your telling me I don’t have a interview?? She said I’m sorry, I said you called me for an interview, I didn’t call you, she said I’m so sorry, maybe next time! I said that’s not very professional, I would really have been mad if I had drove all the way there and that had happened, not to mention I made arrangements to be there at that particular time. So I guess if they run there business like that I’m not interested in Copart! No wonder they have such bad reviews!"
"One number to customer service and no response even after 25 minutes of waiting!"
"I observed copart online auction over ten years Based on my observations and experience copart has been involved in bad business practices. Defrauding customers and bidders using fake bidding misdiscribing vehicles. Stay away to avoid getting burn. This is my honest advice. Thanks"
"Brought 1 vehicle from them was ok but the customer services is horrible."
"Bought car from the Colorado Springs location. The picture showed the keys zip tied to the steering wheel. When the transported went to pick it up NO KEYS. Called customer support.... beware they have covered their ass in the small print it says they are not responsible for anything to name a few, missing keys, missing parts oh and they do not have to give you a title if they don't want to. The fee are about 110 % of the price you bid Beware you only have 3 days to get car before they start charging storage fees"
Copart is rated 1.34 based on 70 reviews