Debenhams Plus Reviews

of reviewers recommend Debenhams Plus
Over A Week
Read Debenhams Plus Reviews

About Debenhams Plus:

Visits Debenhams Extra for a huge range of TVs, home cinema and laptops. We also stock a wide range of Nursery goods and bikes for all ages.

0871 984 1922

Debenhams Plus 1 star review on 17th January 2017
AD
Debenhams Plus 2 star review on 27th November 2016
More Photos & Videos
!!! DEBENHAMSPLUS WARRANTY IS TOTALLY USELESS!!!
For 7 WEEKS my tumble dryer has been !!!BROKEN!!!
Here is the saga of our woes, called the warranty helpline then transferred to a company in the Newcastle area, engineer was booked for next day call ( impressed at this point) next day arrives and Engineer called in sick (ok we all get ill at some point)
Another appointment made for " weeks time ,Engineer rolls up and doesn't know if the fault is with a tumble dryer or washing machine ??? and brings NO part to fix the dryer !!!
3 weeks later (yesterday) the engineer rolls up with !!! THE WRONG PART!!! What an absolute disgrace the service is APPALING Sureley they must know what make and model this tumble dryer is ???
I am an engineer myself and i would NEVER EVER arrive at a customers house with NO PART OR THE WRONG PART
Terrible returns and refunds, 13 days and nothing. Customer service answer phone message for 3 days, they are too busy to take your call, be aware of purchasing online!!
They sold me a pixel 2 xl defective phone. And They do not reply calls or emails and diverted me to google itself. They replaced me with 5 defective devices also. And I am in the same situation for 6 months now. This is a fraud and a skam never buy here. I LOST 600 POUNDS
Do not buy anything from this company. We purcashed a SMEG built in microwave/grill that was not working. An independent engineer inspected the item and confirmed the goods were faulty and needed to be replaced. We have been given the run around by SMEG, Debenhams Plus and Buy It Direct, each company saying we should be dealing with one of the other companies, but not themselves. The customer service is appalling to say the least. I will never purchase anything through this company again.
no more debenhams! the phone broke down a month and a half after buying. I heard that after 30 days of purchase I should seek help from the manufacturer !! debenhams does not accept complaints !!!!
Had lost a ticket to activate my voucher, and they accepted to refund it and replace it with a new one. The name of the shop assistant was Mckenzie and was adorable.
Purchased a Zanussi gas cooker from “Debenhams Plus” I cannot fault the service, delivered free four days after ordering (it was a weekend) .
Two man delivery, unwrapped cooker and carried it into kitchen.
Was kept informed about delivery and they were on time.
No complaints would recommend on my experience.
If it were possible to give minus stars I would do so. I wouldn't purchase anything off Debenhams ever again, they sell short life span rubbish, and their on line customer care is awful. Don’t bother to contact the c.e.o. as he simply passes it on to the managers that you have already dealt with, not the phone operators but those clueless managers above them. A piece of furniture, irrespective of how expensive, or how seldom used, purchased from them, is only warranted for 12 /24 months, then allegedly it is down to the manufacturer, which is totally incorrect, but try telling them facts. Awful company to deal with as far as customer care is concerned. It's a case of 'they take your money and run' and after 12 or 24 months then abrogate any responsibility and it's down to you. Avoid like the plague.
I bought a fridge freezer in May 2019 which has a fault (an excrutiating high-pitched whistling sound). This is not the reason I won't be buying from Debenhams Plus again though; any company can sell a faulty item.

The reason I would never buy from them again, and would urge anyone else to avoid buying from them, is the shocking lying and laziness of their after sales services. The first sign of a problem was when they initially tried to deflect me away to the manufacturer after I asked them to organise a repair. When I said I'd like them to deal with it, they said yes but asked if I was sure because, for some mysterious reason, if they have to contact the manufacturer, it would take a couple of weeks extra to have someone investigate the fault (surprisingly, it did not!).

The engineer visited, and because he could not hear the sound, he did not investigate any of the mechanical parts of the fridge-freezer. He simply bent some tubes at the back so they were further apart and said "see how you get on". I have never seen his report, but Debehmans Plus insist that the manufacturers have reported to them that the device is fit for use! I did explain to them that not only could the man not hear the sound, but he did not even attempt to investigate what could be causing it. He even refused to answer me after asking him 5 or 6 times if he could hear it, both before and after he started bending the tubes.

So following this failure to repair, I requested that the item be returned, which is of course my right under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Instead of following the law, Debenhams Plus instead refused to have the item returned and are trying to fob me off with the manufacturer again. I have never dealt with such a lying and time-wasting company as this.

Needless to say I have now raised my complaint officially and have reminded them of the Consumr Rights Act.

Avoid this company like the plague.
Terrible customer service level. Would recommend to anyone to shop elsewhere.
Diabolical service. Everyone in customer services tells you a different story. One person even denied ever speaking to me on more than one occasion or sending me emails despite having them in front of me. Full of blatant liars. If you need to contact them, keep a log of the date, time and name of person you are speaking to. You will need it as evidence if you go to Trading Standards. Eventually after many weeks, I have been refunded the price of my item less 25% re-stocking fee. Please be wary as they may passing reconditioned items off as new. I shopped with them because I thought they were part of Debenhams stores, but clearly not. My advice is to steer clear. Pay a little extra and buy direct from a store. I wish I had.
Cafe service was very poor. Lunch in Aberdeen spoilt, Served by rude and not polite person. Did not provide us with brown roll, others serviced with brown rolls, and soup served with croutons and garnish, which was sitting next to the pot of soup. Will not be returning. Spoilt our day, was visiting Aberdeen for 1st time.
Awful aftercare customer service. I wish to make a complaint about your poor customer support.
Today I’m trying to contact you over the phone . I have tried 3 times . Each time I’m waiting on the phone for 40 min and after all those waiting time the line cuts off. I wish I was buying this item from a better company . The item has a problem and you are not even available to help me over the phone . I contacted Hotpoint but they told me you need to help me . But you are so terrible at dealing with customer problem. I’m going to report that on Trustpilot. I strongly advise others to avoid buying items from you . My washing machine is faulty and your department even doesn’t bother to pick up the phone. It says you are open on Saturday, however I reckon your department is closed. That is disgusting.
Ms Delos Reyes
If I could give these people no stars I would, they are lying and deceitful, please do not use Debenhams plus they are genuinely an underhanded bunch of crooks, I could go into detail but I haven't got long enough, use this company at your own risk, you will get stung !!
delivered on time however faulty parts on it requested replacement new
parts 2 weeks ago still no parts and no communication from them only emails stating we get back to you within two days lol
I ordered a laptop/tablet for my Sons birthday... The first one turned up with scratches on it, food debris, a sticker on the back which you would get if it were reconditioned. It also asked for a Tesco Admin Passcode when you switched it on along with the fact the packaging was ripped and the cables were missing, I sent it back and ordered a replacement.. This turned up in exactly the same condition... They are selling goods as new which are obviously either reconditioned or stollen... stay clear from them!!
Got a faulty dryer clothes are still damp when cycle has stopped. It has happend on every drying cycle hotpoint said its just the eay that the dry now so debenhams wont refund my money. DONT BUY FROM DEBENHAMS PLUS OR HOTPOINT.
Ordered a phone from Debenhamsplus and unfortunately the battery seemed faulty as the phone kept dying too quickly - not their fault! I called up on Monday and spoke to a gent named Faraz who was a God send. He properly listened to my issue, explained all my options thoroughly and helped guide me through next steps. He made the whole process stress-free and simple and was incredibly patient with me, I would therefore shop with Debenhamsplus again and recommend them to my friends and family. I truly believe you should give Faraz a pay review or promotion of some sort, his positive attitude and willing to help is undefeated and he represents Debenhamsplus wonderfully - a true asset to your team.
Ordred a smeg double built in oven , hob and smeg buit in microwave total cost £1,500 .
We were having a new kitchen fitted on 3rd jan 2019 so i arranged delivery from debenhams plus for 28th dec so all appliances would be here ready for installation all items remained packaged and stored in an empty room in our house.
Unfortunatley our fitter was taken ill so this delayed the job . When we unpackaged the oven for the electrition to fit there was a large bulge in the back of the oven. I immeadiately rang debplus . They set up a case and would contact me through email.
Over the next week i was asked to send photos of damage which i did several times despite them confirming they had recieved them initally 😡
They have refused to inspect , replace or refund as the timescale from delivery to reporting the damage was too long .
Im now left with a cooker costing £685 thats too dangerous to fit as we cant see if internal components are damaged .
I would avoid this company at all cost . I certaintly will never order from them again .
I have never had such bad service, not delivered when booked twice,
Customer service terrible, i am still waiting for refund, fortunately bought with credit card so will at least have some protection from that.
Ordered from Argos as i should have in the first place.
Debenhams should be ashamed.
Debenhams Plus is rated 1.46 based on 286 reviews