Dell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dell
Read Dell Reviews

About Dell:

Visit Dell for Laptops, Netbooks, Tablet PCs, Desktops, Mobile Devices, Servers, Storage, Printers, Monitors & Accessories. Technology Solutions & Services. Dell PCs have the latest features and some of the best value prices in the market. Whether you are looking for the latest tablet, slim laptop performance or high powered gaming, Dell provides PCs to meet the need of every demanding customer

us_sales@dell.com

Tell us how Dell made you happy
Dell 5 star review on 25th January 2018
Happy Mom With Alienware Warranty
Dell 2 star review on 6th January 2018
JCN
Dell 1 star review on 4th January 2018
Sachin Gangwar
Poor quality. Around 2 years and 3 months(3 months after warranty expired) I started experiencing key stroke drops, the problem started with 1 letter then 2,3,4 etc... The keyboard quality build is terrible, sometimes I have to hit a key 2 or 3 times to get it to register. 2 years months the hinge started separating and this computer has never been dropped or mishandled in any way. Customer service wants to charge me almost $300 plus s&h to replace/repair the keyboard which should outlast the internals. This is the 3rd and last Dell I will ever purchase.
i want to give it a one because i never recieved all my packages money for the returning. i have the area 51m and i love it but i never go a refund for the extra things i bought after the laptop. i just want my things or my money. i paid for a mouse mouse rgb pad coat sleeve for my area 51 m2. i still have emails where they stopped my orders.
I purchased A Dell Precision 7750 for that cost over $5000.00 with Pro Support, Next Day Onsite Service and Complete Care / Accidental Damage. The value of these services Zero I purchased all this and The Dock NX 430 the Dock Doesn't charge the Laptop and I replaced the one hard drive from Dell with 4 1TB Samsung EVO Plus hard drives the laptop was sold with the advertised ability to be setup in RAID well the laptop's RAID configuration is only seeing 3 of the 4 drives windows and the BIOS sees all 4 drives and they are all the same. Dell will not support the Laptop due to the fact that I did not buy the drives from them. so upgrading the top of the line drives voided all my support services. Got to admit they must make a killing on selling the service and not having to provide it. They sell high end computers with all the talk then kick you to the curb.
I ordered a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop online. Through Dell's online website (Canada) I added to my purchase McAfee Security one-year subscription and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019. When my laptop arrived, neither of these were activated. A Dell tech agent helped me to activate McAfee without any issues (done over the phone). Hpwever, my experience trying to get Microsoft Office activated was extremely frustrating and negative. I spent over an hour on the phone the first time with a Dell tech agent, and after going around in circles for the whole time, nothing was accomplished. Dell did set up a call back for me a few days later, but I was at work and after another full hour of going in circles without ever seeming to get anywhere I had to disconnect the call (had work responsibilities to attend to). During this second call the agent barely spoke to me, and a lot of the time I was just on hold and nothing was happening on my screen, despite the tech having remote access. Disappointed with the experience and not wanting to spend anymore of my time on the phone with Dell, a number of days later I called Customer Service to get a refund for Microsoft Office. After another 30 or so minutes on the phone this request was declined because Microsoft Office was already connected to my email address - even though it still had never been activated on my computer. The Customer service rep was polite and sympathetic of my issue, but said that I had to activate my Microsoft Office through Microsoft. I love my laptop, but I strongly advise against bundling any extra products with your purchase. I spent $200 on Microsoft Office and it is not on my computer. Basically gave that money away to Dell.
I ordered a portable power supply for my Dell Inspiron notebook. I ordered it based on research and advice from Dell representative Akavi Passah. He assured me this was the one compatible with my notebook. Once received I found the battery pack would show being fully charged but would not charge the notebook to full capacity. I placed the order 8/28/19, received it 9/01/19. I notified Akavi on 9/3/19 via email that the power pack didn't work. there was NO response, I emailed again 10/14/29, and on 10/22/19. Akavi Passah finally responded only to say he now has a different position and could no longer help me. during that time prior to his finally responding I had spend over 2 hours on phone with customer care, being jockeyed back and forth between Technical support and customer care to be told by everyone that they could not do a return as it was now ove 30 days since order, and that I could only deal with the agent who sold product. you can see how well that went! I ended up disputing the charge to Dell, with was another long process, only to have Dell tell the credit card that they would not honor a return and I could not get a replacement as there was not a product that would work. I ended up having to pay $150 for a product i cant use. I am totally discussed with Dell and plant to avoid future products. their customer care is really awful, people are hard to understand, very poor communication due to language. I originally chose to deal directly with Dell thinking they would have the correct product and be able to advice me correctly--guess not!
The worst worst laptop I had in my life. There was not even 6 months after purchasing and all the keys stopped working. I went to service center but denied to help though it was under warranty. Right now also I am facing same issue keys are not working, wifi network lost suddenly, responding too slow..just fed up, thinking why I purchased.. Waste of Money
Awful. I thought my purchase was Net 90 @ 0% interest on a Dell Business Account I've had for over a decade, and discovered it wasn't and I'd been charged 29.24% interest. Who bills people 29.24 interest with a credit score of almost 800? I called customer service, then got transferred to the collection department, sat forever, finally hung up. I called back, again lines garbled, then a lady called me back, who spoke English at least. She has turned in a request to give me the 90 days, but will charge me interest while I wait for that to be granted. I asked to pay but they won't take a credit card. YIKES. Please hire people who speak English well, and give them a cubical so the phone isn't dizzying with the sound of a call center. Also, business credit at 29.24% with a high credit score is robbery, especially if it was supposed to be a 90 days at 0%. I've only bought Dell since 1997 and this purchase is a MAJOR disappointment. In addition, don't by a top of the line Vostro, go for Latitude.
My Dell model 5767 works ok my complaint is location of activity light you can not see it to tell if disc is running thenthe way the buttonfor the DVD drawer is you can not see it and it indented to the point is is hard to get the drawer open.. There are other odd things but I will not complain about them . I had four HP models before so I will go back to them later f I need anew computer .. I had many friends working on College and Universities who all had dell that is why I bought dell but then again the college groups had repair people standing by so that is a point against dell also .. Like others I would not buy another dell . Thanks .. jim p.
I am so disappointed with the warranty and customer service department for Dell. The customer service department was rude and actually hung up on me when I was trying to figure out why my laptop that is less than a year old didn't have the accident damage coverage that is included in the price. I feel like they website was misleading. I don't get the warranty coverage because I didn't click on a box saying I wanted it??? Who wouldn't want a warranty that is included? They kept transferring me to different departments. Then hung up on me. My purchase may not be important to DELL, but it is a big purchase for me.
My dell intel Pentium would not reconnect to internet the diagnostic said unplugged or broken wire but comcast said everything was working and reset the t.v twice. then said to call dell for support they could help but he said when I called the warranty expired in 2011 and I would have to buy a new computer, buy a 1 year warranty for 200.00 or buy a 3 month warranty for 129.00 and it could happen again then I would have to buy another warranty to get help over the phone to fix it. but luckily after trying everything myself over and over finally clicked the wi fi connection from manual to 1 hour out of the four time options and behold! after I hung up from talking to dell technical support that would not help me go through the process to help me reconnect the computer was connected! GREAT HELP FROM DELL whose only interest was to make money and sell products and services I didn't need thanks a lot. it has been a great computer there is nothing wrong with it I like it a lot. there is no need for a new one. he said it was 8 years old and recommended a new one or buy new warranties.
I bought a Dell Inspiron 11, 3000 series. I needed it for work, but most of my work is online, so I didn't need a great deal of storage for files, etc. After speaking with the salesperson, I decided this computer would be acceptable for my purposes. BOY WAS I WRONG! There's not even enough memory on this thing for the Windows 10 updates that are needed to keep it running. You can't download any type of antivirus programs either, because there's not enough memory for the operating system, so no room for "extras" either. In addition to the low memory, the computer will randomly just flash to a blue screen and the shut down. It always comes back up after a few minutes, but if you're in the middle of something important, good luck to you! I hate this thing! The only reason it rates even a two star score in my opinion is because the size and weight are perfect for use "on the go". The battery last a reasonable amount of time and the 2-in-1 feature is a plus. I definitely would not recommend this computer to anyone. Seriously Dell, if you're going to sell a product, at least give it enough memory to house the updates. I have absolutely NOTHING stored on the computer and it still won't handle the updates!
kamran khan 39 seconds ago (edited) Dell XPS 15 2 IN 1, is the worst laptop I ever had.I been using it for three weeks now.But not happy with it at all.Its too slow, freezes too often,Too noisy- very loud fan and the fan just turn on itself too often.I even change the setting to quite mode but still its very loud.Its gets very very hot as well.The keyboard is also too noisy.Compare to my mac book pro 2013 its slow, it gets hot its noisy and the battery life is not good at all.Also a finger print magnet. Apart from the laptop, dell customer service is the worst- you will be transferred to India and too many call transfers and no solution to your problem.I am commenting here because dell website is rubbish and you cant even review their products.Simply, dont buy this laptop
Verification team tried to demand my company email address then cancelled my order without emailing an explanation. Customer service agents not helpful and wouldn't even respond to the email address they already had.
I recently purchased a new computer and monitor. The monitor did not come with basic instructions. When I went on line, I saw the same monitor all over the internet for $65.00 less than I paid. I contacted customer support and my sales person, but I received no refund. This is a bad way to do business.
Bought a high-end Alienware machine for 2,300 GBP. It suffers from a textbook case of noisy fan (clearly audible high-pitched whirring at slow RPM). They wanted me to go through a support script that would have taken me 2 hours to follow, and included opening the machine. I am not doing your job, I paid 2,300 GBP for this very reason. Just come and replace my bloody fan or get lost. I already issued a return.
Gah! My company, in an effort to provide us with a laptop experience as well as the tablet experience purchased a Latitude 12 7285 2-in-1. I just want to say EPIC FAIL!. I don't want a tablet that comes apart, I have to keep up with the stylis and all the little adapters since it's not compatable with a bunch of stuff. The keyboard comes off in tablet mode so I have to remember to keep up with that as well. I know beggars shouldn't be choosers, but to sell a business tool that is not agile, still requires a zillion chords to connect to other equipment, and call it innovative is just bad business. I absolutely HATE this tool. Please give me back my surface! PLEASE!!!!
I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop 3 weeks ago. Since then it crashes and freezes at least once per day. The stability of Windows 10 is inferior to my old HP Pavilion which i had up graded to Windows 10. For the purchase price Dell should produce a machine that will reliably run Windows 10 applications. I could not recommend anyone to buy on the basis of my experience.
Bought a new XPS 8930 mini-tower desktop on 11/24/2017. Want to add a 2nd INTERNAL hard drive? Good luck. 2 chats, 3 calls, one bogus 888 number, 3 countries, 2 calls to Costco concierge: ZIPPO! There are NO PARTS (mounting tray and cable adapter) to connect a second HD to the already existing cables inside the "TOOL-LESS" case. No date on availability, no info, nobody knows anything. I hope Dell is not into running your company's supply chain, cloud service or selling self-driving cars because right now they could not drive themselves out of a wet paper sack! Their excuse was that it was a very new model! Yep, some designer must have have figured out how to shave 5 cents off of whatever parts the previous generation of models used to connect HDs, and so now there are no NEW PARTS to match up. Marvelous!
Dell 2 star review on 6th January 2018
I bought a refurbished laptop from Dell. It had a Pentium i7 processor and 8Gb of RAM but from the start, it was slow, with disk usage constantly being at or close to 100%. I should have just sent it straight back, but I didn't have a spare computer and I couldn't be without one. Also, I didn't want to go through all the research again. I spent hours on the phone with their support person doing, what I now realise was just running through a list of standard checks and procedures. Eventually, they came and collected it and, after a few days, sent it back with no changes made to it at all. I persevered with it and eventually made a complaint via Resolver.co.uk. That got a result, and someone rang me and took me through some steps that helped. However, a year later, disk usage is frequently running at or near to 100%. I don't game or watch films or run any resource-hungry programmes and I don't have hundreds of browser tabs open. I keep my anti-virus and anti-malware software up to date and have plenty of spare disk space. I feel that a PC of this spec should not be struggling with what I use it for.
I purchased Inspiron 17 5000 Series (Intel(R)) - 5758 on 7/31/15. Within a month it needed repair. I was under warranty so, Dell repaired it. They use Tech's from India. I had a very difficult time understanding him. We got thru it but it was not ideal. He almost begged me not to ask for a new Tech. It was excruciating and I shouldn't have had to go thru that. I got the feeling it would hurt his job if I had said I wanted someone else. I paid $685.00 for the laptop on sale, it originally sold for over $900.00 for this laptop, I expected better from their Techs. *More on the Indian Techs later. Dell only gives a 1 yr warranty. My Power button broke a short time after the warranty. Dell wanted $150 to fix the button which is the flimsiest cheap button and it was no surprise it broke early in my ownership. OR they wanted $250 for only1 yr's year's warranty & to fix the button. I took the laptop to a local Tech. He looked at the button and said it was extremely shoddy considering how much I paid for the laptop. I paid him $120.00 to have the power button rigged so, I could use and not lose the use of the laptop after only 1 yr. It was not possible to have it replaced with a new button. For that, it would have to go back to Dell and they'd replace it but it takes 5 weeks. So, now I have a rigged power button which demands more useage due to Windows 10. Windows 10 is not a great program. Every time it Updates, there's a problem and it turns programs off on my laptop.I can't turn them back on, there's something in the W-10 that prevents it. I'm forced to use the rigged power button more often because shutting off or restarting this laptop does not work by clicking 'power' . The program gets stuck in the restarting position and 'shutting down' postion and in order to get the laptop to turn off I have to hold down (the rigged) button! I'm waiting for it to break from overuse. We have owned 2 Dell Vostro laptops and 3 Dell PC's and now 1 Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series (Intel(R)). I do feel the company has gone downhill. After this Inspiron purchase, we will not be buying anymore Dells in the future. After the Tech from India fixed the Inspiron, I started getting calls from a man with an Indian accent saying that something was wrong with my laptop and he needed to fix it. This went on for a year and I kept just hanging up on him. It was some kind of scam and he obviously wanted to get into my laptop. I finally lied to him and told him, I sold the laptop and the calls seem to have stopped. I believe the Tech Service in India keeps our telephone numbers and then uses them to scare Dell Customers by telling them something is wrong with our computers and they need to fix it. Since I never let him get into my computer, I have no idea what he had planned to do once he did. We American's must look like prey to the Indian techs. I did contact Dell about these scare calls and they were not helpful in stopping it or took any interest in it at all.
Dell is rated 1.22 based on 639 reviews