Dell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dell
Read Dell Reviews

About Dell:

Visit Dell for Laptops, Netbooks, Tablet PCs, Desktops, Mobile Devices, Servers, Storage, Printers, Monitors & Accessories. Technology Solutions & Services. Dell PCs have the latest features and some of the best value prices in the market. Whether you are looking for the latest tablet, slim laptop performance or high powered gaming, Dell provides PCs to meet the need of every demanding customer

us_sales@dell.com

Tell us how Dell made you happy
Dell 5 star review on 25th January 2018
Happy Mom With Alienware Warranty
Dell 2 star review on 6th January 2018
JCN
Dell 1 star review on 4th January 2018
Sachin Gangwar
They are a horrible company. The sales reps only care about their quotas and the customer service people constantly lie to you. I will never purchase anything from them again and I will make sure to tell everyone that I know not to purchase from them.
False promises and no computer.
I'm done with Dell. They are the most incompetent company that I've ever dealt with. I tried to buy one of their sale items that was in ad. Nine people later, no one knew what was going on and why I couldn't get the sale price. And, worst yet, no one cared and would help. I'm glad business is so good that they don't need mine. Too many other companies around. Dell makes it obvious why so many people shop at Amazon.
I have used Dell since it was founded. My recent purchases will be my last. The INSPIRON laptop became defective immediately. the desk top was missing components. Then came the bad part, what is whimsically called "customer service." A good rule of thumb any company that offshores customer service has, at best, 15 years. That's roughly when Dell did so. My only advise is to ditch any stock in Dell and never buy its products. It is circling the drain. Just horrible.
I use my computer until it isn't really able to keep up and then the new one I purchase is set up so it has as much current technology as I can afford to keep it running for a long time. Generally I can get ten years or so out of one. The last one was a Lenovo, and after they were able to get the printer consistently working (it took about a year) it ran fine. It still runs fine now, but since it has Win 7 I cannot use it on the internet due to support ending so this time I went with a Dell XP8930 desktop. All decked out it was just under $3,000 and should have lasted a very long time, but right away it would freeze up, crash, and then mess up the boot drive. Using my smart phone to get online I figured out how to get the boot order corrected. Tech service was very polite, but was not able to fix the problem. Then one day I was in front of the computer when it happened, turns out that their bloatware called SupportAssist was causing the problem during it's scan. Twice now tech support has "disabled" that program but it continues to do this. They tell me it cannot be uninstalled so now I am to wipe the computer back to factory settings and then have to replace everything (data is backed up online, but it takes days to download it back plus reinstalling everything else that has been added in the 1-1/2 years I have had it). And since the computer did this from day one, there is no guarantee that it still won't do it after the reset. I have way too many hours wasted on the phone with tech support as they fumbled around trying to run into the problem. The tech support people were very polite, but the bottom line is that so far the computer has not been fixed. Sure am glad I got the extended warranty. Run away from this manufacturer as fast as you can. If I could afford to throw this away I would do so in a heartbeat.
Never again a Dell, the computer had software issues from the get go, but didn't need it that much because was working from home using my work laptop, when I realized the performance was really bad three months after the purchase they say the warranty on software is only 30 days and asked for $100 dollars to take a look. The product they sold me was fraud, the computer just does not work as it should, avoid them
If I could award zero stars - I would. I spent ages choosing a laptop - certain key features required (but the only way to find out if they are included is to go into the detailed specification of each laptop). Then, as I need it as soon as is practical - my choice was swayed by the shipping date (3-5 days obviously being preferable to 25-30 days). For what I want - the website suggests I want the extended battery option - except it's impossible to order that on the website. So I endured the most hopeless automated defence system and phoned in - and I get a quote - with a 3-4 week delivery time. Their website leaves out (probably deliberately - they hope people won't actually notice the ridiculously long actual delivery time when they order) what is probably by far the most important information when it comes to when you'll get your laptop. Then the excuses start - that's how long shipping from the US or China takes - which I suppose it would if they were employing Chinese people on bicycles to deliver them personally. Also the 3-5 business days it takes to even ship is based on the level of customisation (such as the larger battery) I wanted. Except that turns out to be a lie, because if I decide to skip that to get faster shipping - it will still take 3-5 business days to get someone to pick the box off the shelf and ship it. Useless. Utterly useless.
Was hung up on 4 times today with Dell costumer service. By 4 different reps.. 90 minutes on hold and having to re-explain myself everytime.. It's like every Indian accent speaking person refused to give me a supervisor, hung up on me or literally would just sit there in silence.. Unbelievable.. There's no accountability.. They all refused to give me an employee id number or last name.. How do i file a complaint with a first name of shumo only. Really, what a joke.. And that's really the name i was given on the first person.. Shumo.. Nice America name. And fyi, I'm an active corporate customer of Dell too.. Dell's customer service is complete garbage with no accountability or supervisors.. I will never buy Dell Again.. Not for me or any of my businesses.. I'll spend more else where if necessary.. At least I'll get a supervisor on the first call, if requested. Good Riddens..
Bought an optiplex and monitor for my business. After a week I learned from my IT guy I didn't need it so called Dell to return, which is within the one month window. Of course when you purchase from Dell you will speak with American customer service. If you return you must speak with someone in India....a truly despicable way to do business in my opinion. They sent a call tag to pick up which did happen but 17 business days later still no refund. Called India again and the guy put me on endless hold never to return. I finally had to have my credit card customer service agent put the money back on my card. Had they promptly refunded my money and had American customer service I would have probably bought from Dell again. Now I will NEVER buy from Dell again!! I advise everyone to do same as have since learned they are known for this scammy behavior.
Such a terrible experience. I ordered a computer for my son as his only gift for Christmas. The computer was almost 3k, so not a cheap purchase. I ordered on black Friday and was promised delivery by Christmas. As it got closer and no delivery I called daily and was promised over and over that it would arrive prior to Christmas. Then four days before Christmas, even after I had called that morning and was promised on time delivery again, I got an email saying that it would not be delivered until January 25! I called multiple times asking for a manager to help me order something that could be delivered on time, and was hung up on every time. Supposedly accidentally, but always happened as I waited for a supervisor. I ended up having to spend 1k more to find a computer that could actually be delivered on time because they let me know so late.
Talked to three customer care people and got three different lies. First rep said delivery would be 12/17. No tracking scans or changes to shipping occurred. Called again and was assured the 2 in 1 would arrive, it did not. Called again and was told it would be next week. I then received a follow up email that said the unit was back ordered and would not be received until after Christmas. I called to cancel the order and they said it was shipped and would have to send it back to receive a refund. If the unit is back ordered how can it be shipped? This may be another blatant lie just to make it harder to do a refund. No matter the outcome I will not be buying or using a Dell product now or ever.
Zero for Dell. They promise deliveries that they can't keep just to get the sale. Instead of being straight with the customer. If you need it soon don't buy it from Dell. In fact, don't buy from DELL at all. I have bought 5 computers from them in the past years. NO MORE. I hate companies that l lie. Worst business practice. Going elsewhere and canceling my order.
I purchased a TV on sale on 12/05/2020 for $2000 and cancelled it the next day. I received confirmation by phone and email that the cancellation was made. The email confirming the cancellation assured me I would not be charged for the product. Fast forward to 12/17. I received a knock on the door and there stands a delivery person with the TV I cancelled. I refused the order and the delivery person informed it would be sent back to Dell. Even worse, I found out they charged me for the order back on the day I cancelled the order. When I called Dell Customer Care (and then to the Customer Service manager, all they did was apologize for their error and advise that it will take up to 15 business days for the funds to be returned to me. They refused to process the return of the monies earlier.... really? Dell is punishing me for they error and holding my money hostage? What a joke. I will never purchase an expensive product from them online ever. Think twice before ordering from Dell.
I would not recommend personally or professionally any Dell products. Only laptop or computer I have ever owned less than 90 days that is totally inoperable. In addition to the product the warranty also stinks. As an accountant in the month of December they expect me to have to wait a month for the motherboard part to be available and then still wait for a technician to install it. Due to it being over 30 days no replacement option is available and they have the audacity to say "it happens". Solution? Purchased another new Hewlett Packard that will be here in 3 days. It doesn't happen that way with them. Profile image Jen George User reviews
Product unfit for sale + atrocious customer service We bought a Dell laptop off the Dell website. First day, the screen suddenly locked up for over half an hour (I'd originally suspected windows update as the cause, but I now suspect the laptop). 2nd day it died, while quietly sitting there powered on. I'd spent hours loading Firefox, Chrome, Office, with all settings, passwords, etc. I am now forced by Dell's incompetent response to waste more time changing every password on the dead Dell computer. Dell customer service diagnosed their motherboard was faulty and needed replacement. Their only offer was an old, used, reconditioned motherboard as replacement. I said I obviously needed a new motherboard as the laptop was only 2 days old and was a faulty product. They said no new motherboards were in stock, and new ones would take weeks/months to be shipped in from overseas. I needed it working immediately. Dell was still selling exactly this model online marked as "now in stock", so I suggested a swap - this faulty new laptop for an identical replacement from stock. Dell said they couldn't do this. They could give no coherent reason why not, just company policy. Company policy, it seems, is to actively enrage paying customers. Insisting on being passed up the line to supervisors resulted in worse and even more incoherent nonsense. The best they could offer was a possible refund 5 days after receiving the faulty laptop back, maybe. We had already ordered a second identical laptop from Dell which was due to arrive tomorrow. As a result of the atrocious customer service we cancelled that order as well and asked for a refund. I heard not a single apology, regret, or even surprise from any Dell "customer service" staff for their faulty goods, unfit for sale. Nor any empathy for the extreme inconvenience and time wastage caused. Never ever to touch Dell again!!!
If I could give NO Stars I would! However to write my review I'm required to give "1 Star'! PLEASE READ REVIEWS PRIOR TO PURCHASING FROM A COMPANY!!! Dell had NO problem taking my order and charging my credit card. The rep's customer service was Superior. HUH!!!! Upon receiving my Monitor I purchased and having a multitude of problems with getting it connected to my laptop - that was another issues!! It was as thou I was speaking a totally different language when trying to get assistance. From doing everything I was told to connecting the Monitor (which I was under the impression was simple), I purchased various cables, HDMI, etc. Spent time and gas traveling back/forth to Best Buy and other electrical stores coupled with having a friend that's a Tech Guy Fed-Ex a cable that should've worked with No Problem - I was STILL unable to receive a signal. ALLL to find out - Dell sent me a Monitor that didn't work!! Broken! Faulty!! As I called to inform the Tech Dept of this - and to go over the proceedures to connect the system for the 5th time, the Tech Guy stated there must be something wrong . Huhhhhhh YESSSSS!! I would think so!! At that point - I requested a Refund. As I followed ALL instructions to send the monitor back - in the box it was sent to me in - wrapped up correctly. Dell stated they'd send FedEx to my home to pick it up within 3 days. After waiting 7 days - No FedEx. I called Dell back and they said - they'll send them again. SMH After waiting another 3 days - NO FedEx. I then called FedEx directly and a Supervisor sent them out the next day. Hold on - there's MORE!!! I called Dell a week later to confirm they received the monitor and they tell me I need to wait ANOTHER 7-15 Days for them to log the monitor in to indicate it was received on they're end. I provide them the tracking number stating it was indeed received within those 7 days. I'm then placed on hold for 35mins just for someone to return on the phone to say - I need to still WAIT another 7 days and "I'm to call THEM back" to verify it was indeed received. UNBELIEVABLE!!! After 7 days elapsed I call Dell back - just to be PUT ON HOLD ANOTHER 35 mins to repeat my entire HORRIFIC ORDEAL. I plead to speak with a Supervisor ONLY to be informed they've received the monitor HOWEVER I STILL need to wait ANOTHER 7-14 Days to RECEIVE MY REFUND - due to Dell needs to (get this one) "Make sure the Monitor has been returned in good condition"!!! I can't make this ish up!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Now - I'm 2 months into this Tragedy and I'm STILLLLL WAITING ON MY REFUND!!!! STILLLLLLL!! I've since purchase a beautiful 27inch monitor from HP that arrived to my home within "2 days" of purchasing that works IDEAL!! It's AWESOME!! I wouldn't purchase A N Y T H I N G from Dell - EVER in this life or the afterlife!! Even if I was at GUN POINT - I would NEVER PURCHASE FROM DELL!!!
Worst customer service in the world ? Never buy from these people. Wrong specification of laptop delivered and more than a week later with numerous phone calls, chats and four e-mails not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement other than a stressed person on the phone telling me ''sorry, its been escalated to marketing''
Its there a worst experience that one can have with a company customer service? I do not think so. I really ashame and feel stupid to have puchased from this company. All there customer service are in another country, mainly India. They have little or no uderstanding of the english language, saying words and ubderstaing a conversation are two different things. I call and after a brief conversation they place you on hold and never come back. And this is not just one person but just about everyone. Called about 8 times over 4 days and the same result. Transferred from department to department with no help. This must be a planned response and Dell management in the USA must know about the level of their customer service and do not care. It cannot be so bad without them being aware of it. I will not buy from dell nor accept anything fre from Dell
I purchased a computer and monitor from Dell. It was delivered to the incorrect address and as of now two weeks later, Dell customer care has not been able to reroute the computer and monitor to my correct address. Dell customer care is by far the worst service in any business.
I wish you had zero star option too I ordered a monitor from dell.com its been delayed 4 times so far and the delivery estimate after 4 times delay is in 3 days and the item is not even shown as shipped yet.
Dell is rated 1.22 based on 639 reviews