Euroventure Travel Ltd Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Euroventure Travel Ltd

About Euroventure Travel Ltd: Euroventure create bespoke interrailing packages for groups and independent travellers, including hand picked accommodation, directions and train tickets. It’s totally flexible: tell us where you want to go and when, and we sort out the rest. Once you go away you’re free to make the most of your days – we don’t prescribe activities or set times; we know each traveller has a different idea of what makes the perfect Euroventure. Travelling Europe by train is scenic, sociable and environmentally friendly, and with so many cultures and landscapes to cover, it’s the perfect way to experience them all in one trip.

01138198360

info@euroventure.eu

Burley Hill Business Centre

How would you rate Euroventure Travel Ltd?

(optional)
We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Euroventure made a really great holiday for me and a group of friends from college. Very friendly throughout and answered all my questions and revised the rotue a few times. All the trains passes and reservations were incIuded and I was impressed with all the hostels they put us in. We are already booking a holiday again through them this year."
"While the directions can sometimes be confusing for the most part I find it easy to get around with the help of euroventure and planning my trip is easy with their help."
Harry Stanford
Verified Buyer
"really wanted to go interrailing and someone told me about Euroventure which was a god send. I did the whole hog route and saw all the cities I wanted to go to. I met so many people in the hostels too as there was activities and social stuff going on everywhere. The trains were all direct and often high speed so it didn't feel like you were travelling for that long. Then once you got to the city you followed the directions in the pack they give you. There is also a number you can call them on if something goes wrong."
Sam Williams
Verified Reviewer
"Our trip was really well organised. We booked online and got our travel pack with all the info about the acvommodation and the passes and reservations etc. Then we just went on the trip! Couldnt have been easier it took like 10 mins to book and would have taken me for ever to do myself."
"We've just come back from a tour around Eastern Europe and it was really incredible. I never knew hostels like these existed they were really modern and had character. The staff were lovely and each hostel did a walking tour and had events like bar crawls. The travel pack was useful as it told you exactly what train to get or which times to pick from and the directions once you got to the next city. We will definetly look to book again this year."
"So far I've had a really good experience with euroventure, the guy who helped me organise it is called Tolly and he has been the most helpful person I could have asked for, I'd definitely recommend this to a friend (in fact I already have) so quick and easy to organise. 5* from me so far!"
"Couldn't be any happier with the service, Euroventure were so helpful and answered all my annoying questions! The hotels were great, all centrally located and the travel packs were amazing, so detailed and were completely personalised to us as well!"
"We chose Euroventure based on the glowing reviews of the accuracy of information, customer service and the well chosen accommodation. We travel quite widely though less often by train in Europe and were hoping that the company's expertise would forestall any pitfalls and make the process hassle free. The booking process was smooth and staff friendly. Information was well timed. I do find it rather strange, however, that the hotels are not identified until just before travel as I usually like to check out reviews etc. Usually "mystery" hotels are cheaper! The advice not to buy breakfast in the hotels was sound, as better value breakfast was easily available elsewhere. We travelled independently to Lithuania and with Euroventure from there to Warsaw, Krakow and Vienna. However we were surprised and disappointed to find that Euroventure directions were sometimes vague or even completely inaccurate. For example, the directions to exit Warsaw central train station at the "main exit". This is not signed to travellers. Poor maps do not help- they lack sufficient detail for travellers to be sure of their exact location. The Radisson Blu hotel in Warsaw- a standard corporate chain hotel- was good but a considerable distance from tourist attractions such as the old town. In Krakow, the exit was not specified in the directions. You can only tell you are on Pawia by leaving the station. The next problem was that we were instructed to get on the number 2 tram. However, when we found the stop, some kindly locals informed us that the number 2 tram had been out of service for some time due to repairs. The information should be up to date. We had to get a taxi to the hotel, which is about a fifteen minute walk from the centre but which, if you're lucky, has a view of the castle. We were advised to take the sleeper train from Krakow to Vienna. This was not good advice. We booked a private compartment, which was clean and provided with basic toiletries, bedlinen, a wash basin and breakfast. However, not only are the "beds" like sleeping on a thinly carpeted floor but the ancient rolling stock stops suddenly and judders, changes tracks, bangs, clatters and rattles all night long. A journey which would take a much shorter time during the day takes all night and deprives you of sleep into the bargain. It sounds romantic but it's not. Get a hotel and a day train as you're so exhausted when you arrive at your destination (and then have to wait two hours for your hotel room) that you waste half a day anyway. The hotel, by the way, was great in allowing us to our room at 10am so we only had to wander for two hours before catching up on sleep. The worst mistake by Euroventure was in Vienna, when directions state you are to "take trams S1,2,3 & (sic) 4" en route to the hotel. So we followed the signs to the trams. No such trams. We queued to get information and were told that these numbers refer to TRAINS not trams. Also crucial is that you need to know how to get tickets as it's far from clear: head to platform 2 and just before it on the left is a Tabak (tobacco shop) which sells the tickets, though there's nothing to indicate this! You must then find a machine and validate your tickets ( or risk a large fine) before catching the train- not tram - to your destination. Another error: directions state that you turn left when you get off the "tram" but in fact you turn right when you get off (the train). Our hotel, the Mercure in district 2 of Vienna on Hollandstrasse, was, again, good of its type. Well run, clean and well equipped. It's about a twenty minute walk from the centre but there are good restaurants and cafes in the local area, which are cheaper and in some cases better than in the expensive centre of Vienna. A tip: if you're flying from Vienna, it's a short walk from the hotel across the river to the half hourly airport bus which currently costs €8 one way and takes twenty minutes. So, did we enjoy our holiday? Yes we certainly did. Would we use Euroventure again? Sorry, no. You pay for detailed knowledge and information but it has to be clear, accurate and up to date."
Hi Anna,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m very happy to hear that you found our service friendly and the booking process smooth.

I understand your query regarding the names of the hotels. To clarify this, the reason we don’t give exact details of hotels is because each of our trips is booked individually – unlike group tour companies, we don’t make block bookings. We are always happy to give examples of the hotels we generally use, but we don’t make a guarantee of any hotels until the bookings are finalised. This is to avoid any disappointment in case our normal hotel is unavailable for your particular dates at the time of payment. I’m really glad that you were pleased with the standard of hotels that were chosen in any case.

We often recommend night trains to save time and money, as for many customers this is a priority. Train stock varies across Europe, and you are correct to point out that these particular trains are not (nor are they advertised as) luxury services. The price of the tickets does reflect this – trains in Eastern Europe are much less expensive than more luxurious trains in say, Italy or Spain. With this in mind some customers may prefer to undertake the journey during the day and spend an extra night in a hotel. We will endeavour to make this as clear as possible for future customers – so thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Regarding directions, we do our best to keep these up to date and accurate so I’m really sorry about the mistakes you identified. Each Autumn we send our staff on research trips to update and if necessary correct directions, so we will ensure that these issues are resolved as soon as possible. You’ll be pleased to hear that we will now be including an information sheet in our packs, explaining where and how to buy metro tickets for different cities as we understand that this can be confusing!

Once again thank you for your time and detailed advice for other potential customers. We value all feedback and always make sure that we act upon it to improve our service in the future.
Best wishes,

The Euroventure Team
Brett And Kathy Cornish
Verified Reviewer
"Karis and the rest of the staff made our two weeks in Portugal and Spain one we will never forget. They took the hassle and worry out of hotel reservations and train tickets out of our hands so that we could just deal with the sites we wanted to see. We can't recommend them highly enough!"
"This is my second time travelling with Euroventure and again they were fantastic. In the run-up to the trip the emails were friendly, useful and well-timed. The travel pack provided is detailed and features precise directions to get from stations to hostels. Not to mention it's a really nice personalised touch to the trip. The accommodation chosen by Euroventure is superb. They choose hostels in fantastic locations with excellent facilities and friendly staff."
"Absolutely amazing staff working in Euroventure because they answer and support you with anything you want to know or concerned about, especially while I was away when I had a problem on my trip and it was sorted instantly! Karis was my main contact and she was amazing. The trip was excellent and loved how all my hostels were very central to every city!! Definitely recommend it!!! Brilliant service!!"
"Planned and advised every part of the trip allowing us to maximise our time in places."
"The guys at Euroventure have been nothing but brilliant! Michael and Karis have been excellent in answering all our questions and queries, and going out of their way to accommodate our bespoke 5-day interrailing trip to Amsterdam, Berlin and Prague. The travel pack was a really nice touch, being personalised to our party and including useful phrases for each country and a summary of things to do and visit. The hotels were all in central and accessible locations (public transportation was no more than a few minutes walk away!). The rooms were all of the described 3/4* quality and had no complaints - couldn't have done a better job ourselves! Overall, would definitely recommend Euroventure and have no doubt that this will not be the only trip I book with them"
Nicola Murphy
Verified Reviewer
"Fast replies When we needed help they were quick to assist Friendly customer service Really helpful travel pack with spot on directions and helpful information"
Tracy-jane Davies
Verified Buyer
"We had a great trip, the travel, accommodation and directions were all spot on. This was the first trip of this kind that we have taken Euroventure made everything really easy with clear directions and helpful tips and recommendations."
Alan Hislop
Verified Buyer
"I wanted to contact you to say thank you for everything. The customer service from everyone at Euroventure was first class. We all had a great trip and it was nice to see a slightly different part of Europe to the norm. I’m constantly recommending Euroventure to anyone I can – your choice of trips, ease of travel & customer service are highlighted as the best reasons to choose Euroventure. Thank you again for all your help the last couple of years. I hope to be booking something else again with Euroventure in the future."
Vivien Dagnall
Verified Reviewer
"I felt like I needed to add this... as reading my review back, I left it out and it needs to be said: I went for the whole hog & it was the best thing I've ever done. The hostels were brilliant, you even get breakfast in some and one even had a pool!! Everything is written down for you, including instructions on how to fill out your interrail pass & this honestly was such a piece of mind for someone who's never travelled before. The location of the hostels were spot on and the train journeys even enjoyable! I met some awesome people and we're even looking at where we can go to next year! Karis & Catherine were amazing. Their service was exceptional and I felt like I could ask them anything and their replies were almost instant. If you're reading this not knowing whether to book, then I would highly recommend you do :) ... (One of the main reasons I booked my trip back in Feb, was by reading the 5 star reviews.) You won't be disappointed! Thank you again :) xx"
Vivien Dagnall
Verified Reviewer
"First class service & made 'myeuroventure' an unforgettable experience. From the start the team @ Euroventure made me feel at ease and answered any questions I had about doing the 'whole hog.' I'd never travelled before, so for me this was a huge thing to do & going to be honest, one of the influencing factors was reading other people's reviews. The best decision I made was booking with Euroventure, as they did the hard work and all you have to do is show up! The little booklet you get including your itinerary, currency, suggestions of what to do, eat & drink was awesome. Plus, the directions of how to get to the hostels / and / or around the cities was great and I followed it to a tee. Thank you so much for everything, your customer service is first rate and I would recommend you guys to anyone! xx"
Isobella Campopiano
Verified Buyer
"Euroventure demonstrated excellent customer service from the moment I sent an enquiry. My friend and I wanted the "Eastern Trooper" package but were able to customise it to suit what we wanted. I would recommend their service to anyone who wants to try interrailing for the first time, or even travelling for the first time. Using euroventure doesn't numb the whole experience of interrailing at all it literally just makes it easier. It is excellent value for money as well, perhaps you pay slightly more by using the company but it is worth every penny for the customer service and added safety. I cannot thank them enough for the best month of my life and cannot wait to use their service again!"
"Very well organised and put together, with a helpful online team. Some of the directions were a little vague - especially Berlin Hauptbahnhof - that's an absolute nightmare and I nearly missed my train. It would benefit from VERY specific train/platform details etc. The hostels were very clean, but some were better than others. The best: Flying Pig Uptown, Amsterdam, and The Czech Inn, Prague. The worst: Funk Hostel, Zagreb, and Alessandro Palace, Rome. They were all quite noisy, but I'm an old fart and that probably wouldn't bother most people! On the whole a really good package and good value."
Hi Tim,

Great to hear you were happy with our service!

With regards to the station directions we aim to provide as accurate directions as possible, however we're unfortunately not able to give details like train platforms since these are subject to change until the last minute. We prefer not to supply them than to provide information that might turn out to be wrong. As always, the station staff and boards are the best source of information for platform queries. With that said, I'm very gald you made your train in the end :)

Many thanks also for your feedback on our hostels. We review our partnerships each year to make sure that standards are maintained, so we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know which hostels were your favourites and which were less impressive.

All the best,