Euroventure Travel Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Euroventure Travel Ltd
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Euroventure Travel Ltd Reviews

About Euroventure Travel Ltd:

Euroventure create bespoke interrailing packages for groups and independent travellers, including hand picked accommodation, directions and train tickets. It’s totally flexible: tell us where you want to go and when, and we sort out the rest. Once you go away you’re free to make the most of your days – we don’t prescribe activities or set times; we know each traveller has a different idea of what makes the perfect Euroventure. Travelling Europe by train is scenic, sociable and environmentally friendly, and with so many cultures and landscapes to cover, it’s the perfect way to experience them all in one trip.

info@euroventure.com

Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 27th February 2020
Amelia
Euroventure Travel Ltd 5 star review on 27th February 2020
Nicole
Met some lovely people. The hostels were good the best one was the Venice Anda hostel the free breakfasts were good. Some of the hostels could have been closer to the center so we didn't have to spend so much on metro tickets like prague. We also had to buy tickets a few times for the included activities because he ran out. Maybe another full day in Vienna. Getting to each place was easy with a guide, just wished that Tom was more vocal about what trains and where we were going. And said all the activities the night before with a set time in the chat because a lot of us were always waiting for one or two people to get ready which wasn't fair on everyone else. And a reminder of the times and optional activities the next day. I also thought everyone should get a proper introduction when we all arrived so its less awkward to begin with and so everyone can learn peoples name sooner. The personalied pack could have had the popular sights in each city to give people ideas or activities to do or reccomend food places near to the hostel etc, a lot of the stuff in there wasn't needed. Overall the price was a bit high considering what we actually did get for our money. So I think that you should include travel passes for each day in every location especially the ones where the top destinations are quite far. And probably a meal in a few of the places together included as some people missed free drinks and we weren't allowed to get 2 in the next place. So a meal might be better in a selected restaurant. I enjoyed the trip and I'm glad I did it.
Very good locations and good instructions on where to go each day. Really enjoyed going to the recommended locations they recommended. However some of the hostels that I was booked in to had no air conditioning and during a heatwave, it made sleeping very uncomfortable. Also, the Obanjan island retreat that I paid extra to go to was very quiet. I know Euroventure may not have known how busy it would have been there but as I paid extra to go here and expected a lot, I was disappointed that there was not much going on daily and overheard someone say two years ago there was a lot more going on. When returning from the island I had about 5 and a half hours to get my flight at 3:30 but with unbelievable traffic, I was still about 30 minutes away at 2:30. I was sure I would miss my flight and so called Euroventure asking what to do. They said there was nothing much they could do as they didn't book the flights and told me there was another flight at 10:00 that night (I looked it up after, it was @400 and took 18 hours with a stopover). I miraculously managed to get to my flight with 25 minutes left, but never got a call or message from Euroventure asking if I got the flight or not. I thought this was a bit inconsiderate as I was very panicked when I rang and didn't get much help further.
Hi Sean Thank you for the review and the positive words about our recommendations, as well as the rest of your feedback! I agree that sleeping during a heat wave without air conditioning is uncomfortable. I think more and more places will have to install air conditioning as the climate changes. We prefer to book places that have air conditioning, but not all hostel dorms have it so it can sometimes be a question of availability. I’m sorry that Obonjan island didn’t live up to the expectations you had. We take all feedback about locations and accommodation providers into account and constantly review them, so that we can offer the best advice and experience to travellers. I am glad that you did manage to make your flight home as it sounds like the alternative was very expensive. We try to provide whatever assistance we can whilst you are on the itinerary that you book with us, which is the overland transport between cities and the accommodation. As you say since we don’t sell the flight element, we are limited in what we can do and can effectively only help with information. We are always willing to provide assistance whenever you get in touch with us and we did let you know you could call us again if you missed your flight. I’m sorry we didn’t check in with you this time but I’m glad it worked out in the end. Thank you for the review again and we hope we can help you plan another trip in the future. Phil Managing Director
We chose Euroventure based on the glowing reviews of the accuracy of information, customer service and the well chosen accommodation. We travel quite widely though less often by train in Europe and were hoping that the company's expertise would forestall any pitfalls and make the process hassle free. The booking process was smooth and staff friendly. Information was well timed. I do find it rather strange, however, that the hotels are not identified until just before travel as I usually like to check out reviews etc. Usually "mystery" hotels are cheaper! The advice not to buy breakfast in the hotels was sound, as better value breakfast was easily available elsewhere. We travelled independently to Lithuania and with Euroventure from there to Warsaw, Krakow and Vienna. However we were surprised and disappointed to find that Euroventure directions were sometimes vague or even completely inaccurate. For example, the directions to exit Warsaw central train station at the "main exit". This is not signed to travellers. Poor maps do not help- they lack sufficient detail for travellers to be sure of their exact location. The Radisson Blu hotel in Warsaw- a standard corporate chain hotel- was good but a considerable distance from tourist attractions such as the old town. In Krakow, the exit was not specified in the directions. You can only tell you are on Pawia by leaving the station. The next problem was that we were instructed to get on the number 2 tram. However, when we found the stop, some kindly locals informed us that the number 2 tram had been out of service for some time due to repairs. The information should be up to date. We had to get a taxi to the hotel, which is about a fifteen minute walk from the centre but which, if you're lucky, has a view of the castle. We were advised to take the sleeper train from Krakow to Vienna. This was not good advice. We booked a private compartment, which was clean and provided with basic toiletries, bedlinen, a wash basin and breakfast. However, not only are the "beds" like sleeping on a thinly carpeted floor but the ancient rolling stock stops suddenly and judders, changes tracks, bangs, clatters and rattles all night long. A journey which would take a much shorter time during the day takes all night and deprives you of sleep into the bargain. It sounds romantic but it's not. Get a hotel and a day train as you're so exhausted when you arrive at your destination (and then have to wait two hours for your hotel room) that you waste half a day anyway. The hotel, by the way, was great in allowing us to our room at 10am so we only had to wander for two hours before catching up on sleep. The worst mistake by Euroventure was in Vienna, when directions state you are to "take trams S1,2,3 & (sic) 4" en route to the hotel. So we followed the signs to the trams. No such trams. We queued to get information and were told that these numbers refer to TRAINS not trams. Also crucial is that you need to know how to get tickets as it's far from clear: head to platform 2 and just before it on the left is a Tabak (tobacco shop) which sells the tickets, though there's nothing to indicate this! You must then find a machine and validate your tickets ( or risk a large fine) before catching the train- not tram - to your destination. Another error: directions state that you turn left when you get off the "tram" but in fact you turn right when you get off (the train). Our hotel, the Mercure in district 2 of Vienna on Hollandstrasse, was, again, good of its type. Well run, clean and well equipped. It's about a twenty minute walk from the centre but there are good restaurants and cafes in the local area, which are cheaper and in some cases better than in the expensive centre of Vienna. A tip: if you're flying from Vienna, it's a short walk from the hotel across the river to the half hourly airport bus which currently costs €8 one way and takes twenty minutes. So, did we enjoy our holiday? Yes we certainly did. Would we use Euroventure again? Sorry, no. You pay for detailed knowledge and information but it has to be clear, accurate and up to date.
On our adventure we had a wonderfull time. Apart from the IBIS hotel in paris. All the other hotels were fine. The train journeys were spoilt by refugees jumping the trains and on one journey we moved cabins due to 4 refugees being in our compartment. Some of the directions were incorrect and very misleading. Especially paris. / wrong station. There was a lot of hanging around between checking out of the hotels and catching the trains. We made the best of it and had a good holiday. Other travellers should be made aware of the refugee cituation.
Hi Patrick, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so glad to hear you had a great trip despite any issues. We monitor current affairs constantly to make sure we are up to date as far as possible on any travel disruption across Europe. I'm sure you'll understand that the migrant crisis is beyond our control and as far as we are aware it is not causing any disruption for travellers; we hope that in time the situation will improve and people will no longer be in the position of having to seek refuge in Europe. Regarding the hotel in Paris, the train times and directions, we will certainly take your feedback on board in order to improve our service, so thanks again for taking the time to write your review! The Euroventure Team
Euroventure Travel Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 581 reviews